Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,282 members, 7,807,947 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 11:38 PM

LAYCON Should Be Made To Pay Taxes On His Recent Winning - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / LAYCON Should Be Made To Pay Taxes On His Recent Winning (1301 Views)

FG Introduces New Taxes On Beer, Imported Vehicles, Plastics, Others / FG Considers Fresh Taxes On Petroleum Products, Beverages / Governor Dave Umahi Is Real Mr Projects, Check Out His Recent Projects (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

LAYCON Should Be Made To Pay Taxes On His Recent Winning by AristocraticMe: 2:58pm On Sep 28, 2020
Looking back at what i have wrote in the past , you will see the truth in it now. if you want to.

We have a guy who just won 85 million naira, can some please ask how much is he going to pay in TAX for that money.... guess what ? NOTHING.
Ask musicians that go for shows how much they pay in tax ...........NOTHING. Actresses, Comedians and so on..... they pay nothing in TAX..

How can Nigeria grow like that ? You think a country can grow without the financial contribution of its citizens..... NO WAY...

We only depend on income from Natural Resources and think that will be enough ? it cant work.

In developed nations, lottery winners pay tax, show winners pay taxes, boxers, comedians, actors and so on..... i wonder what system we run in Nigeria.

Here is what will happen,,, in the future if things go on like this.....
The Poor will get poorer and the rich will always find a way of getting richer, the middle class will be extinct.... it will now be either you are poor or rich....
Service Tax like : VAT, FAAN fees, Custom Fees, Bank Charges and so on will increase over time so people will start to avoid services with high overall cost. Quality of life will reduce and the poor will suffer more.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: LAYCON Should Be Made To Pay Taxes On His Recent Winning by Denique(f): 3:06pm On Sep 28, 2020
What have they done with previous taxes collected?

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: LAYCON Should Be Made To Pay Taxes On His Recent Winning by Unik3030: 3:08pm On Sep 28, 2020
All the tax they have been collecting what did they use it for?
no b for their pocket e end?
u are comparing sane countries to Nigeria as regards tax,do we spend our tax d same way?
do they have our kind of leaders?

Note- I am not against paying tax,will it b put to good use for d benefits of all or it will end in d pocket of thieves?

1 Like

Re: LAYCON Should Be Made To Pay Taxes On His Recent Winning by AristocraticMe: 3:20pm On Sep 28, 2020
The reason they have not done anything is because .... THE MONEY THEY STEAL IS NOT YOUR MONEY IT IS NIGERIA'S MONEY.. they see it as a national cake and they are the custodian...... so even the politician stealing money knows he is not stealing your money, he is stealing Nigeria's money and he is a Nigerian...

That is why you hear people say.... Enter Politics so you sef can become rich.......... it is a wrong mentality that can only be corrected by doing the right thing.

Security is Zero, Electricity Zero and so on......

The moment the politicians know and you also know that it is your money that pays the DPO, the Governor and LCDA Chairman, then you will not take them as a demi god when you see but you will hold them accountable for their actions.

The leaders know this but they will never do it.............. because the party will be over for them..... everybody will stand up.

Let me give you an example... i beleive you know Prince Harry of England, when he move to Canada, they proposed that the Canadian goverment will take care of their security as Royals, guess what, Citizens and the House of Rep rose up and said NO, they should pay for their security themselves... they now move to Los Angeles, the US will never pay , they are paying for their own secutiy........ do you know why ? The citizens know it is their hard earned money that will be paying for their security

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: LAYCON Should Be Made To Pay Taxes On His Recent Winning by FarahAideed: 3:29pm On Sep 28, 2020
The show organizers will deduct the applicable taxes before he is paid

3 Likes

Re: LAYCON Should Be Made To Pay Taxes On His Recent Winning by Nobody: 3:34pm On Sep 28, 2020
Denique:

You will not die young
Re: LAYCON Should Be Made To Pay Taxes On His Recent Winning by AristocraticMe: 3:35pm On Sep 28, 2020
FarahAideed:
That is what you think ? that is a lie.........speaking from known source and from past winners facts and figure.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: LAYCON Should Be Made To Pay Taxes On His Recent Winning by Nobody: 3:45pm On Sep 28, 2020
AristocraticMe:
Looking back at what i have wrote in the past , you will see the truth in it now. if you want to.

We have a guy who just won 85 million naira, can some please ask how much is he going to pay in TAX for that money.... guess what ? NOTHING.
Ask musicians that go for shows how much they pay in tax ...........NOTHING. Actresses, Comedians and so on..... they pay nothing in TAX..

How can Nigeria grow like that ? You think a country can grow without the financial contribution of its citizens..... NO WAY...

We only depend on income from Natural Resources and think that will be enough ? it cant work.

In developed nations, lottery winners pay tax, show winners pay taxes, boxers, comedians, actors and so on..... i wonder what system we run in Nigeria.

The Poor will get poorer and the rich will always find a way of getting richer, the middle class will be extinct.... it will now be either you are poor or rich....
Service Tax like : VAT, FAAN fees, Custom Fees, Bank Charges and so on will increase over time so people will start to avoid services with high overall cost. Quality of life will reduce and the poor will suffer more.

Let it known and on record a Guy called Aristocraticme said it.

Everyone knows the importance of tax.... but look around u...the revenue the government makes ....has it been well utilized.??

For your information... this country doesn’t thrive on oil only..... people are paying tax heavIly... companies, employees, even pepper sellers on the street.... the goverment is too corrupt....

If I have to pay tax and still not enjoy the dividends... then it better not to pay...

Do you know there’s a state in this nation that doesn’t provide water for its citizen yet charges borehole digging approval/tax of about 120k...??

Don’t u see what they say all the time...??
they will introduce a way to milk the masses e.g stamp duty, increase vat, etc. , they back it up with, “ that’s how it’s done abroad”...But they will never do What abroad counties does for its citizens...like good road, free heath care, free education, unemployment benefits, etc..

Be there fighting do the purse of a government that doesn’t care about us...... I see no reason why an unaccountable goverment should be further entrusted with more money...

1 Like

Re: LAYCON Should Be Made To Pay Taxes On His Recent Winning by SeanBeezy(m): 3:49pm On Sep 28, 2020
Let the leaders fix the country first, we both know they don't need tax payers money for that. When they fix the country, the citizens would even be begging to pay taxes.
Re: LAYCON Should Be Made To Pay Taxes On His Recent Winning by Nobody: 3:55pm On Sep 28, 2020
He should pay tax that they would use to develop north ?
Re: LAYCON Should Be Made To Pay Taxes On His Recent Winning by Bluntguy: 3:59pm On Sep 28, 2020
Enemy of progress.
Re: LAYCON Should Be Made To Pay Taxes On His Recent Winning by AristocraticMe: 4:01pm On Sep 28, 2020
1StopRudeness:

Everyone knows the importance of tax.... but look around u...the revenue the government makes ....has it been well utilized.??

For your information... this country doesn’t thrive on oil only..... people are paying tax heavIly... companies, employees, even pepper sellers on the street.... the goverment is too corrupt....

If I have to pay tax and still not enjoy the dividends... then it better not to pay...

Do you know there’s a state in this nation that doesn’t provide water for its citizen yet charges borehole digging approval/tax of about 120k...??

Don’t u see what they say all the time...??
they will introduce a way to milk the masses e.g stamp duty, increase vat, etc. , they back it up with, “ that’s how it’s done abroad”...But they will never do What abroad counties does for its citizens...like good road, free heath care, free education, unemployment benefits, etc..

Be there fighting do the purse of a government that doesn’t care about us...... I see no reason why an unaccountable goverment should be further entrusted with more money...
You are very correct...... but if things should go on like this then there is going to serious problem... i mean serious problem...... i think all you see is the present effect and outcome but i am looking at the future effect...... if we all can do the right thing for future generations so they wont look back and curse their fore fathers....... it is like laying a foundation............

Lastly it is not about giving the government more money....... it is about the creating an awareness in the citizens that their future is in their hands

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: LAYCON Should Be Made To Pay Taxes On His Recent Winning by AristocraticMe: 4:07pm On Sep 28, 2020
SeanBeezy:
Let the leaders fix the country first, we both know they don't need tax payers money for that. When they fix the country, the citizens would even be begging to pay taxes.
No .... nobody will beg to pay tax.... nobody even like to pay tax but it is a law to pay taxes.

In Nigeria we want the grass to be green before we do the right thing, No it wont work...................

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: LAYCON Should Be Made To Pay Taxes On His Recent Winning by chiiraq802(m): 4:12pm On Sep 28, 2020
AristocraticMe:

Let it known and on record a Guy called Aristocraticme said it.

How much tax have you paid

1 Like

Re: LAYCON Should Be Made To Pay Taxes On His Recent Winning by HomerTimpson: 4:47pm On Sep 28, 2020
AristocraticMe first of all this is not a developed nation,as a matter of fact we are not even planning to move close to any development,so those rubbish you typed up there can not work here in nigeria.

Secondly you said we only depend on natural resources for income lol *i laugh in tax* so here is my question ALL THE MONEY FIRS & CUSTOMS are generating AND even all the tax collected from those big companies like SHELL,CHEVRON,YALE or SUMAL FOODS,UAC,CHI FOODS,FOODco e.t.c how have we benefited from those tax as citizens of this country? .

Third of all is like they just teach all this thrash in economics abi? undecided

2 Likes

Re: LAYCON Should Be Made To Pay Taxes On His Recent Winning by HomerTimpson: 5:06pm On Sep 28, 2020
Denique:
person that is high on h2so4,before i resigned from where i worked in 2016 our company always pay some annoying dues every month ehn! And it is we the staff that our accountant always sent to deposit those payments,i vividly remember FIRS cos we always have issues with the official over there,they won't stay in office and we always run after them to make payments,e.t.c

On getting to my home town i got to know one day i went to market that all those market men/women pay for one ticket or the other on every market days(this local govt. Level o) and they also generate money from shops yearly in the name of OP's stupid tax. What have they done with all this money? Just nothing
Re: LAYCON Should Be Made To Pay Taxes On His Recent Winning by Denique(f): 5:30pm On Sep 28, 2020
1StopRudeness:

You will not die young
Amen o and you too! grin
Re: LAYCON Should Be Made To Pay Taxes On His Recent Winning by AristocraticMe: 5:35pm On Sep 28, 2020
HomerTimpson:
person that is high on h2so4,before i resigned from where i worked in 2016 our company always pay some annoying dues every month ehn! And it is we the staff that our accountant always sent to deposit those payments,i vividly remember FIRS cos we always have issues with the official over there,they won't stay in office and we always run after them to make payments,e.t.c

On getting to my home town i got to know one day i went to market that all those market men/women pay for one ticket or the other on every market days(this local govt. Level o) and they also generate money from shops yearly in the name of OP's stupid tax. What have they done with all this money? Just nothing
Read my statement properly, ask your self a simple question... How many people are like you ? who worked/works in a office setting.... 70% of Nigerians are business people........................ does the bike man pay tax ? or the woman selling bread ? or the barber ?................

Now you talked about market women due...... where does those money go ? the money end up in the pockets of thugs or miscreant.. that is extortion in disguise............. and it is as a result of the government's negligence that thuggery of such is still existing................... the thugs go to each market woman to collect due, whether you sell or not you must pay.......... A normal tax should be base on your income................. not extorting people...........
Re: LAYCON Should Be Made To Pay Taxes On His Recent Winning by AristocraticMe: 5:40pm On Sep 28, 2020
I rest my case. Thread closed.
Re: LAYCON Should Be Made To Pay Taxes On His Recent Winning by HomerTimpson: 5:46pm On Sep 28, 2020
AristocraticMe:
Read my statement properly, ask your self a simple question... How many people are like you ? who worked/works in a office setting.... 70% of Nigerians are business people........................ does the bike man pay tax ? or the woman selling bread ? or the barber ?................

Now you talked about market women due...... ggery of such is still existing................... the thugs go to each market woman to collect due, whether you sell or not you must pay.......... A normal tax should be base on your income................. not extorting people...........
i seems not to understant your struggle. Anyway it's the government collecting those money,thou thugs do in some places and i think this only happens in places like lagos,edo,ibadan...SEE my guy the government money through tax than you known,when i discovered the market revenue and told my late mom she was not surprised while i was.
Re: LAYCON Should Be Made To Pay Taxes On His Recent Winning by Graysons: 5:50pm On Sep 28, 2020
Op no want laycon abi na lagoon to enjoy him money in peace. grin
Re: LAYCON Should Be Made To Pay Taxes On His Recent Winning by seguno2: 6:11pm On Sep 28, 2020
Denique:

If you were/are interested you would be involved in the political process with your money and time to have candidates more accountable to you instead of godfathers who invest heavily in it.
Is it okay to call someone who wants dividends when he has not invested shares in the company, a thief

1 Like

Re: LAYCON Should Be Made To Pay Taxes On His Recent Winning by seunmsg(m): 6:35pm On Sep 28, 2020
FarahAideed:

Based on which tax law?
Re: LAYCON Should Be Made To Pay Taxes On His Recent Winning by FarahAideed: 6:57pm On Sep 28, 2020
seunmsg:

Based on which tax law?

I am into gaming we deduct govt percentage before we payout .

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: LAYCON Should Be Made To Pay Taxes On His Recent Winning by seunmsg(m): 7:00pm On Sep 28, 2020
FarahAideed:

I am into gaming we deduct govt percentage before we payout .

Withholding tax maybe since PAYE is not applicable.

1 Like

Re: LAYCON Should Be Made To Pay Taxes On His Recent Winning by tobechi74: 8:11pm On Sep 28, 2020
Instead he will pay tithe

1 Like

Re: LAYCON Should Be Made To Pay Taxes On His Recent Winning by Denique(f): 8:50pm On Sep 28, 2020
seguno2:

If you were/are interested you would be involved in the political process with your money and time to have candidates more accountable to you instead of godfathers who invest heavily in it.
Is it okay to call someone who wants dividends when he has not invested shares in the company, a thief

No one is trying to reap from where they haven't sown!

Everyone can't be a politician. Blame INEC who sell our votes to godfathers.

Virtually every citizen of this country has made some form of investments or the other—VAT, PVC...so, it's not a question of seeking for true governance when we aren't involved.

I hope someone doesn't suggest we always stay back to count and protect our votes because, the westerners who we are quick to reference their tax system, do not stay back at the polling booth to count and protect their votes.
Re: LAYCON Should Be Made To Pay Taxes On His Recent Winning by GallantDuke(m): 8:58pm On Sep 28, 2020
The one my grand parents paid wetin they use am do if not to develop the north?
Re: LAYCON Should Be Made To Pay Taxes On His Recent Winning by franklingud(m): 9:09pm On Sep 28, 2020
Tax kee you there, what are they gonna do with the tax if he pays?

The ones being paid, on daily and monthly basis, what did they do with it? Nothing but inside their pockets
Re: LAYCON Should Be Made To Pay Taxes On His Recent Winning by seguno2: 1:52am On Sep 29, 2020
Denique:
No one is trying to reap from where they haven't sown!

Everyone can't be a politician. Blame INEC who sell our votes to godfathers.

Virtually every citizen of this country has made some form of investments or the other—VAT, PVC...so, it's not a question of seeking for true governance when we aren't involved.

I hope someone doesn't suggest we always stay back to count and protect our votes because, the westerners who we are quick to reference their tax system, do not stay back at the polling booth to count and protect their votes.

The vast majority of Westerners don’t just vote, they contribute money, time and talents to support their vision of society by identifying, encouraging and campaigning for those who will deliver their own vision from the local government councillor level up. They don’t stop their engagement there, but continually work to get and share information with everyone on how their public servants are performing compared to their campaign promises.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: LAYCON Should Be Made To Pay Taxes On His Recent Winning by anonimi: 2:48am On Sep 29, 2020
seguno2:
The vast majority of Westerners don’t just vote, they contribute money, time and talents to support their vision of society by identifying, encouraging and campaigning for those who will deliver their own vision from the local government councillor level up. They don’t stop their engagement there, but continually work to get and share information with everyone on how their public servants are performing compared to their campaign promises.

Well said.

anonimi:
[img]http://fatchicksings.files./2013/04/deathandtaxes.jpg[/img]

www.nairaland.com/attachments/10074886_screenshot20190821095447_jpeg0b2f5680f74c4f86b65c29c750afa2f8

www.nairaland.com/attachments/10361164_1033901810336433img20191004041548418jpeg435cd3b10ba19bfb9b4cbccff3161502jpegjpeg792f8ce800c8f66e02a13de8400ac442_jpeg_jpegcec0292305ef0abda125070dc6a2343f

www.nairaland.com/attachments/4916464_img1218_jpeg869064c69e3965560ae57d6aeb37a7f2

1 Like 1 Share

Re: LAYCON Should Be Made To Pay Taxes On His Recent Winning by anonimi: 2:50am On Sep 29, 2020

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (Reply)

Breaking: Police Shot A Man Dead At Abuja Today / Breaking News : Akeredolu’s Chief Of Protocol Feared Dead In Road Accident / BREAKING: Protest Rocks Akure Over Akeredolu’s Vacation Order To Herdsmen[photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.