Welcome, Guest: Join Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 2,711,669 members, 6,404,545 topics. Date: Sunday, 25 July 2021 at 11:18 PM

My Terrible Experience With Fidelity Bank PLC. - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / My Terrible Experience With Fidelity Bank PLC. (399 Views)

Fidelity Bank Doles Out N16m To 13 Customers (PHOTOS) / INNOSON: FIDELITY Bank Takes Advantage Of Gtb's Predicament - Pic. / Childhood Throwback Photo Of Herbert Wigwe, CEO Of Access Bank PLC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

My Terrible Experience With Fidelity Bank PLC. by ProudBornoBoy(m): 9:05am On Sep 29, 2020
Morning Nlanders, I will be narrating a terrible and painful experience I had recently with Fidelity Bank PLC. It might be a long read but I hope to get help and advice from you guys on what step to take next.

On Friday, September 18th 2020 at about 7pm, I wanted to fund my account on cheapdatasales.com in other to make a purchase on their platform, I was making a deposit of #1500 through Paystack on this said platform(cheapdatasales) where I choosed the USSD transfer option, Paystack created a Zenith Bank Virtual account and I was asked to transfer the funds to it within a short time frame which I did using Fidelity Bank USSD option(*770#). Unfortunately, the transaction failed on the website but I was debited by Fidelity Bank. I was informed on Paystack that I will be refunded immediately but after two hours and I didn’t get any refund I sent a mail to Fidelity Bank on the failed transaction. I was about to sleep when I had an afterthought and decided to call their customer service representative (warri people say as e dey hot, no let an cool) to avoid stories.

I called the rep and he categorically told me from what he can see the transaction didn’t go through and I would get an automatic refund in 24hrs or a manual one after 3 working days. I felt relieved from what the customer rep told me and I proceeded to make another payment on the website of same amount but using the payment by card option which went successfully and I concluded my business for that day. This was around 9pm.

On Tuesday 22nd September 2020, I sent a reminder mail about the refund of which I received a reply from Fidelity Bank that the due date was the next day and they were aware of it. Fast forward to the next day, I received a mail saying and I quote “With reference to your complaint on failed funds transfer(N1,500), please be informed that our investigation reveals that the transfer was successful”. I was shocked and surprised, how can you inform me that it didn’t go through on the first day but now you’re telling me it was successful. I immediately mailed Paystack, Zenith Bank and the admin of cheapdatasales.com and I was told to contact my bank instead.

On Friday 25th September 2020, I paid a visit to Fidelity Bank branch inside University Of Benin campus, Ugbowo (I was in Benin to see a family relative) where I logged a complaint again and I explained to the customer service rep about the issue and the complaint was relogged in again. I contacted the admin of cheapdatasales.com and he pointed out that I carried out two transactions of same amount that night with an interval of two hours but only the second one was successful. I visited the Zenith Bank in the same campus and I was referred back to my bank. Paystack proved unresponsive also.

Yesterday, I received a message that the particular transaction was successful.

The bottomline is, my #1500 is with either Fidelity Bank, Zenith Bank or Paystack and I need my money back as soon as possible.

My worries are:
1.) Why would my bank (Fidelity Bank) tell me a transaction failed and later on tell me it was successful? This is a huge sign of an untrustworthy entity, and as a custodian of my funds, they have failed in their primary duties for failing to trace my funds even when I provided the requirements.
2.) Why did Fidelity Bank blacklisted my number from calling their customer service representative? A customer.

I have decided to close my account with them when I get a final resolution on this issue. I will upload some screenshots also to back up my claim. I will share same story on twitter later today tagging all parties involved.

All I want is a refund of my money.

Twitter: @proudbornoboy
cc:
lalasticlala
Seun
Mynd44
Ishilove
Re: My Terrible Experience With Fidelity Bank PLC. by ProudBornoBoy(m): 9:05am On Sep 29, 2020
Attached is screenshots of the two transactions I carried out that said night.

1.) The failed one which I was debited for.

2.) The second one.

cc:
lalasticlala
Seun
Mynd44
Ishilove

Re: My Terrible Experience With Fidelity Bank PLC. by ProudBornoBoy(m): 9:05am On Sep 29, 2020
1.) Screenshot of mail correspondence between all parties involved.

2.) Screenshot of my chat with the admin of cheapdatasales.com

cc:
lalasticlala
Seun
Mynd44
Ishilove

help me recover my money please.

Re: My Terrible Experience With Fidelity Bank PLC. by ProudBornoBoy(m): 2:40pm On Sep 30, 2020
lalasticlala help me out please.
Re: My Terrible Experience With Fidelity Bank PLC. by ProudBornoBoy(m): 1:13pm On Oct 01, 2020
I have finally gotten my refund back.

lalasticlala, mynd44
Kindly close the thread.

(1)

Billionaires Never Use Their Money To Do Business, RENO OMOKRI / FCMB Sides With MD In Sex Scandal | E-nigeria! / Ship To Any Country From Nigeria At #3000/kg

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2021 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.