Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,012 members, 7,806,944 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 07:31 AM

Edet Edem Akpan Loves Igala Culture - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Edet Edem Akpan Loves Igala Culture (485 Views)

Princess Inikpi Buried Alive, Sacrificed For Survival Of The Igala Nation. Video / Igala Affinity: ‘IFA’ Is The Connecting Link Of Original Nigerians – Attah / I Want To Learn Igala Language, Get In Here. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Edet Edem Akpan Loves Igala Culture by edet19892015(m): 12:07pm On Sep 29, 2020
NYSC gave me a second nationality, I am happy to tell you that I am Igala.
I'm so excited to identify myself with the people of Igala, Idah is my home.
This year birthday I dedicate it to the good people of Igala in kogi State. I love the culture, language, hospitality and good people of Igala.

Brief History Of Igala Land:
According to Wikipedia, The Igala are an ethnic group of Nigeria. Their homeland, the former Igala Kingdom, is an approximately triangular area of about 14,000 km2 in the angle formed by the Benue and Niger rivers. The area was formerly the Igala Division of Kabba province, and is now part of Kogi State. The following are the nine local government areas that made up igala kingdom there are: Idah, Ibaji, Ankpa, Igalamela/Odulo, Bassa, Ofu, Dekina, Omala and Olamaboro.The capital of the kingdom is Idah local government area in Kogi state. And the paramount ruler or the king of Igala is the Attah. Ojo is the supreme God of Igala people.

Igala people are so loving, friendly and accommodative little wonder I learn the language so fast; Olodudu means Good morning.
Oruka means Good Afternoon.
Olanne means Good Evening
Abele means How are you.
Agba/Nago means thank you.
Olukolo means well done.

My Igala name is Onuku-Ojo meaning God's Friend.
My other name is Onuku-Igala meaning friend of Igala.

Happy Birthday VIP Corps Member
Happy Birthday CDS President
Happy Birthday Confluence Corps Member
Happy Birthday Igala Corps Member
Happy Birthday Idah Corps Member
Happy Birthday Onuku-Ojo
Happy Birthday Onuku-Igala.

#29SeptemberMySeasonOfJubilee
�������������������‍♂����������������

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Edet Edem Akpan Loves Igala Culture by Abaramanasseho(m): 12:25pm On Sep 29, 2020
thanks you for identifying with my people I am igala from itoduma in onyedega Ward ibaji local government area of kogi state
Re: Edet Edem Akpan Loves Igala Culture by edet19892015(m): 10:35pm On Sep 30, 2020
Abaramanasseho:
thanks you for identifying with my people I am igala from itoduma in onyedega Ward ibaji local government area of kogi state
You are very welcome

(1) (Reply)

Share The Culture And Tradition Of Your Village That Are No Longer Practised. / The Olupo Of Ajase-ipo Makes Leading Imam Kneel For 3 Hours / Tree Where Witches And Wizards Hold Their Meetings In Agbor. Even A Caterpillar

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.