Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,465 members, 7,808,655 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:58 PM

Can You Start A Business With N50,000? Prove It! - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Can You Start A Business With N50,000? Prove It! (3943 Views)

5 Businesses You Can Start With N50,000 In 2019 / Pay N50,000 Or Be Jailed If You Spray Money At Events In Nigeria - CBN / 16 Businesses To Start In Nigeria With N50,000 Or Less (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can You Start A Business With N50,000? Prove It! by V7place(m): 10:21am On Sep 30, 2020
dearygally:
Both offline and online businesses are profitable..Most times its not about the business but about the individual behind the business...Any amount can start a business but greed kills us in Nigeria,we want to go from 10k to 100k in a week..if i buy something at 1k and sell at 2k the same day isn't it more reasonable than waiting a longer time to sell it for 2500..
It's all in perception..Business is not for every one..business is consistentency and growth..offline business also help you build your social network and opens you to more opportunities.

Wisdom!

1 Like

Re: Can You Start A Business With N50,000? Prove It! by V7place(m): 10:23am On Sep 30, 2020
PrudencyFeats:

Very true. Hardly any trade or production with 50k would last. You may start up with it but when you consider expenses in your business and personal expenses, you will run down in a short run.

Doing online business with it just the best option because 50k is about $100 which is enough to risk online and thier are tendencies to make $10 per day which is about 5k.

But dont many Nigerians with no option, no bank loan and no job start businesses with whatever they have? Whether its a web designer who only has 20k or pure water seller who only has 5k?

1 Like

Re: Can You Start A Business With N50,000? Prove It! by amerengues(m): 10:31am On Sep 30, 2020
That’s quite interesting! Kindly add me on your Watsapp group or provide your details.

dearygally:

The business is Thrifts
I have access to a lot of organizations that auctions things, from house and office furniture to electronics to kitchen wares and a lot more(it ranges according to what organization is auctioning ).
For example; chairs can come in for as low as 1k/2k and can be resold for 3k /4k or set of pots and kettles for 3000 and be resold for 5k /6k.
It's an already existing business..I sell from home and also arrange delivery for those who can not come pick up.I have a thread here on Nairaland and also a whatsapp group and of course my clients in different markets in Lagos. There are always relevant and quality wares as niaralanders that are my customers can testify to.Let me stop here as I don't intend to divulge much.
There's usually a surge in auctions and purchase towards the end of the year and begining of a new year so its a perfect timing.
Re: Can You Start A Business With N50,000? Prove It! by dearygally: 10:39am On Sep 30, 2020
I was once opportuned to have a brief chat with the woman that roasts corn and yam down my street and to cut the story short she started with 7k and today after almost a year its unbelievable..she is doing really well and she has a reasonable savings.(contribution of 1k everyday)
she even added beans to the roasted yam recently and forget oo she did delivery during this lock down sef

5 Likes

Re: Can You Start A Business With N50,000? Prove It! by PrudencyFeats: 10:41am On Sep 30, 2020
V7place:

But dont many Nigerians with no option, no bank loan and no job start businesses with whatever they have? Whether its a web designer who only has 20k or pure water seller who only has 5k?

For sure, people can start up business with even 5k. I've given out 10k and 5k separately to different people on thier demand. The first was to start moi moi business and be hawking it while the other started frying potatoes with ponmo in front of the house.

But here we should be looking beyond just getting something to do but rather something to rely upon to take you to your planned dreams. Where you can save to achieve your dreams. Sustainability is not easy when it comes to this type of business.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Can You Start A Business With N50,000? Prove It! by dearygally: 10:46am On Sep 30, 2020
PrudencyFeats:

For sure, people can start up business with even 5k. I've given out 10k and 5k separately to different people on thier demand. The first was to start moi moi business and be hawking it while the other started frying potatoes with ponmo in front of the house.

But here we should be looking beyond just getting something to do but rather something to rely upon to take you to your planned dreams. Where you can save to achieve your dreams. Sustainability is not easy when it comes to this type of business.
Growth is the key in business..
Dream big but start small
Even Jim didn't start Zenith with 2 branches

1 Like

Re: Can You Start A Business With N50,000? Prove It! by babzo(m): 11:09am On Sep 30, 2020
PrudencyFeats:

But one can only start with what they have? Whether its nothing, 5k, their salary or 1 million naira. Imagine Facebook started by a guy with one computer and small allowance from his fellow student, and now 16 years later worth more money than ANY State Government in Nigeria has if not all the State governments combined!
And multiple examples abound here in Naija. If you have access to millions, good for you, don't waste it and start something good and if all you have is N1000, do something with it and turn it to 2k.

2 Likes

Re: Can You Start A Business With N50,000? Prove It! by Higgies(m): 12:21pm On Sep 30, 2020
fazbuk:
Please link me up!!!

Alright
Re: Can You Start A Business With N50,000? Prove It! by WaterPurifier: 1:41pm On Sep 30, 2020
babzo:

But one can only start with what they have? Whether its nothing, 5k, their salary or 1 million naira. Imagine Facebook started by a guy with one computer and small allowance from his fellow student, and now 16 years later worth more money than ANY State Government in Nigeria has if not all the State governments combined!
And multiple examples abound here in Naija. If you have access to millions, good for you, don't waste it and start something good and if all you have is N1000, do something with it and turn it to 2k.
Nice
Re: Can You Start A Business With N50,000? Prove It! by ogbeslim(m): 3:04pm On Sep 30, 2020
With 50k I will invest in Forex trading and get paid 20% every month, with the capital still intact.
Re: Can You Start A Business With N50,000? Prove It! by WorriorPlus: 5:06pm On Sep 30, 2020
50k? mehn. When some ppl stared with just 10k, and today they are counting in hundreds

1 Like

Re: Can You Start A Business With N50,000? Prove It! by V7place(m): 7:54pm On Sep 30, 2020
Still collating!
Re: Can You Start A Business With N50,000? Prove It! by Nobody: 8:04pm On Sep 30, 2020
dearygally:
Both offline and online businesses are profitable..Most times its not about the business but about the individual behind the business...Any amount can start a business but greed kills us in Nigeria,we want to go from 10k to 100k in a week..if i buy something at 1k and sell at 2k the same day isn't it more reasonable than waiting a longer time to sell it for 2500..
It's all in perception..Business is not for every one..business is consistentency and growth..offline business also help you build your social network and opens you to more opportunities.
Thanks for this write-up, God bless you.
Re: Can You Start A Business With N50,000? Prove It! by dearygally: 4:19am On Oct 01, 2020
Pa3cia:

Thanks for this write-up, God bless you.
Amen and Amen..Thank you ma'am.

1 Like

Re: Can You Start A Business With N50,000? Prove It! by V7place(m): 5:08am On Oct 01, 2020
Happy Birthday Nigeria!

Re: Can You Start A Business With N50,000? Prove It! by OlawaleBammie: 6:53am On Oct 01, 2020
ola20:
Yes, I can prove it, with that money 50k,I will use it on Binance and before close of work on that day I will make profit of 15k, it is 100% legitimate business
Can you please teach me??
Re: Can You Start A Business With N50,000? Prove It! by V7place(m): 7:19am On Oct 01, 2020
OlawaleBammie:

15% profit in one day! For real?
Re: Can You Start A Business With N50,000? Prove It! by alphabbey1(m): 9:18am On Oct 01, 2020
ogbeslim:
With 50k I will invest in Forex trading and get paid 20% every month, with the capital still intact.
. Easy to say when it's not your money you're putting into it. You will go and collect 50k loan and next thing u'll think of is forex !!!
Re: Can You Start A Business With N50,000? Prove It! by V7place(m): 11:55am On Oct 01, 2020
alphabbey1:
. Easy to say when it's not your money you're putting into it. You will go and collect 50k loan and next thing u'll think of is forex !!!

Hmmmm
Re: Can You Start A Business With N50,000? Prove It! by V7place(m): 1:40pm On Oct 01, 2020
ogbeslim:

Do you get paid or earn the profits yourself?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Can You Start A Business With N50,000? Prove It! by V7place(m): 5:04pm On Oct 01, 2020
Any More?
Re: Can You Start A Business With N50,000? Prove It! by ola20: 8:25pm On Oct 01, 2020
OlawaleBammie:

check my signature and send WhatsApp message to me
Re: Can You Start A Business With N50,000? Prove It! by Chigorkizz(m): 9:37pm On Oct 01, 2020
I dey come
Re: Can You Start A Business With N50,000? Prove It! by V7place(m): 9:54pm On Oct 01, 2020
Chigorkizz:
I dey come

Ok, Please do quick.
Re: Can You Start A Business With N50,000? Prove It! by Nobody: 9:56pm On Oct 01, 2020
V7place:
Any More?
Hope its not audio.
Re: Can You Start A Business With N50,000? Prove It! by V7place(m): 11:20pm On Oct 01, 2020
Chimpretty:
Hope its not audio.

Haaaa...@Chimpretty ..who Audio help? We are for real.
In just a few hours we are fulfilling our other promise for Nigeria's Independence Day and a Nairalander is getting paid!

This one is for real too!
Re: Can You Start A Business With N50,000? Prove It! by V7place(m): 6:21am On Oct 02, 2020
Still Collating
Re: Can You Start A Business With N50,000? Prove It! by Nobody: 7:37am On Oct 02, 2020
V7place:

Haaaa...@Chimpretty ..who Audio help? We are for real.
In just a few hours we are fulfilling our other promise for Nigeria's Independence Day and a Nairalander is getting paid!

This one is for real too!
ok, hope you have seen my own.
Re: Can You Start A Business With N50,000? Prove It! by delugadou(m): 8:10am On Oct 02, 2020
PrudencyFeats:

Sure. They will explain A B and C on how to run the business, but they don't understand that unforseen circumstances can occur, like giving you a wrong quality, rains can have effect on offline business, what about expenses and costs of running the business, you will still have to take care of yourself. They forget that offline business is not constant.

I'm not discouraging anyone venturing into offline business, but don't try it with 50k...you’ll sink it.

Online business is better with that 50k.
bros, pls which type of online business?
Re: Can You Start A Business With N50,000? Prove It! by zeenab(f): 8:34am On Oct 02, 2020
V7place:
Still Collating
a. A business is an organisation/economic system where goods&services are exchanged for one another or for money.
b. I intend to invest the 50k into my already existing mobile business of buying&selling of ladies wears, under wears and fashion accessories. I call it mobile because my business follows me everywhere I go, this is because I am an under graduate who schools in a state different from where I live.
48 to 49k would go directly into buying the wears while the remaining 1 or 2k would be for tfare depending on my location as at the time of the carrying out the business. No need of space
c. I expect to make the money back within a month if I run within my residential area or within 2weaks if I run it from my school hostel as customer base is higher there.
A little breakdown
1dozenpack of pant(s size) cost 1000, 1piece sells at 200x12=2400
That's profit of 1400 for just a pack

2 Likes

Re: Can You Start A Business With N50,000? Prove It! by ugohdignity111(m): 9:03am On Oct 02, 2020
50k to start a business

After much brainstorming, I came up with the idea of starting a POS business.....at least, it is a sole business that doesn't require a shop unless u are buoyant, financially enough to construct one, but pos don't necessarily need a shop

After requesting and getting your pos from your preferred bank, you can recover ur initial capital from the charges you collect from people you are doing transactions for......

If you are making 5k everyday from the charges u are collecting from ur customers, then calculate watch u will be getting in a month

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

CBN: ₦7 Trillion Loans Injected Into Economy In Three Years / iRep Institute To Hold Master Class For Business Owners / Shoe Making Factory Business

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.