Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,943 members, 7,806,721 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 09:50 PM

If You Have A Question Ask - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / If You Have A Question Ask (1942 Views)

A Question To My Friends Who Are Believers / Why Pastors Use Private Jets And A Question For OAP Freeze - By Ife Olaleye / Atheists And Morality. A Question! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If You Have A Question Ask by BlueAngel444: 6:15pm On Sep 29, 2020
sonmvayina:
When God spoke of salvation in the old testament,it is always from physical danger...not sin..
All God desires when one sins is a sincere repentance ..no human sacrifice was ever ordered or required..
physical danger you mean DEATH cheesy cheesy

So are you saying the sin offering in mosaic law was a lie grin
Re: If You Have A Question Ask by BlueAngel444: 6:19pm On Sep 29, 2020
sonmvayina:

God is and has always been their savior...from their enemies round them..for the solution to the problem of sin,he has already given them..2nd chronicles 7:14
well technically God sent men like Abraham, Joseph, Moses, Joshua, Gideon, Samson, etc etc

2 Chronicles 7:14 just agrees with the new covenant that everyone who calls upon the name of the Lord shall be saved and delivered. That is faith cool but in contest wasn't that part in Chronicles written concerning physical problems like you said and not sin cheesy
Re: If You Have A Question Ask by BlueAngel444: 6:23pm On Sep 29, 2020
sonmvayina:

Was jesus accustomed to illness ?
illness is weakness of the body. Don't you know hunger is a disease, people die from hunger

Jesus went hungry several times, how person go feel if dem never chop for more than one month.

Jesus took upon his body the sin and sickness of the people and bore them to death.
Re: If You Have A Question Ask by sonmvayina(m): 6:40pm On Sep 29, 2020
BlueAngel444:

illness is weakness of the body. Don't you know hunger is a disease, people die from hunger

Jesus went hungry several times, how person go feel if dem never chop for more than one month.

Jesus took upon his body the sin and sickness of the people and bore them to death.

Lol..you are very funny..
Re: If You Have A Question Ask by sonmvayina(m): 6:41pm On Sep 29, 2020
BlueAngel444:
well technically God sent men like Abraham, Joseph, Moses, Joshua, Gideon, Samson, etc etc

2 Chronicles 7:14 just agrees with the new covenant that everyone who calls upon the name of the Lord shall be saved and delivered. That is faith cool but in contest wasn't that part in Chronicles written concerning physical problems like you said and not sin cheesy

Yes..from physical danger...but he said he will forgive and heal their land..no human sacrifices
Re: If You Have A Question Ask by sonmvayina(m): 6:44pm On Sep 29, 2020
BlueAngel444:
physical danger you mean DEATH cheesy cheesy

So are you saying the sin offering in mosaic law was a lie grin

It is men who want to do over sabi
.".a broken heart you will not spin..." So God ordered a goat without blemish..for the requirements read leviticus 4 and 5..NEVER A HUMAN BEING.
Re: If You Have A Question Ask by sonmvayina(m): 6:47pm On Sep 29, 2020
BlueAngel444:

And I approached [my wife] the prophetess, and when she had conceived and borne a son, the Lord said to me, Call his name Maher-shalal-hash-baz [as a continual reminder to the people of the prophecy],

1. Not a virgin

But then again how young was Isaiah and his wife when this was written cheesy

A virgin mean a young UNMARRIED woman grin ya you should figure out by now I know a bit of hebrew cheesy

Therefore the Lord himself shall give you a sign; Behold, a virgin shall conceive, and bear a son, and shall call his name Immanuel.

We know that God is not a man that he should lie nor the son of man that he should CHANGE HIS MIND grin

Not virgin...it was a sign for king Ahaz it was to assure him that the two kings plotting against him will not succeed..
There was a time frame given for the sign..
Before the boy knows to shun evil and choose good,the land which two kings you fear will be deserted....read it in context..

No fall my hand.
Re: If You Have A Question Ask by Dtruthspeaker: 8:39pm On Sep 29, 2020
sonmvayina:
I have a question that nobody seem to want to adress .please can you help me out...

Through which old testament prophet did God Admonish people to believe in the death of the messiah in other to be saved ,rather than obeying his laws and commandments..?

And I answered, that it is in compliance with the Law of Sin Offering, Burnt Offering, Offerings of Atonement, Law of the Trespass Offering, Law of Peace Offerings (Leviticus 3,4,5,6,7, 15:30/31; 16:3) which is to Prevent you from Dying In your Uncleanness and Trespass/Sins!

He who does not wish to die in his sins and trespasses, complies with the Law of Sins Offering for the purging and washing away of his sins/offences/Trespass.

Now, you I predict you must shift to a Fresh Issue and a New Ground!
Re: If You Have A Question Ask by AvsGot007(m): 9:10pm On Sep 29, 2020
What do you know about the "word" that was with God before creation?

-in the beginning there was Word and the word was with God
Re: If You Have A Question Ask by sonmvayina(m): 10:20pm On Sep 29, 2020
Dtruthspeaker:

And I answered, that it is in compliance with the Law of Sin Offering, Burnt Offering, Offerings of Atonement, Law of the Trespass Offering, Law of Peace Offerings (Leviticus 3,4,5,6,7, 15:30/31; 16:3) which is to Prevent you from Dying In your Uncleanness and Trespass/Sins!

He who does not wish to die in his sins and trespasses, complies with the Law of Sins Offering for the purging and washing away of his sins/offences/Trespass.

Now, you I predict you must shift to a Fresh Issue and a New Ground!

Have you seen a psychiatrist? Like I suggested..seems you have not....so in which of those was a human being as single sacrifice allowed..you can hold on to your idolatry..it is no body's business..
Re: If You Have A Question Ask by BlueAngel444: 10:20pm On Sep 29, 2020
sonmvayina:

Lol..you are very funny..
thank you cool
Re: If You Have A Question Ask by BlueAngel444: 10:21pm On Sep 29, 2020
sonmvayina:

Yes..from physical danger...but he said he will forgive and heal their land..no human sacrifices
really? without the offerings being offered regularly at the temple shocked cheesy
Re: If You Have A Question Ask by BlueAngel444: 10:22pm On Sep 29, 2020
sonmvayina:

It is men who want to do over sabi
.".a broken heart you will not spin..." So God ordered a goat without blemish..for the requirements read leviticus 4 and 5..NEVER A HUMAN BEING.
which human being

Are you speaking about the lamb that was slain, who is at the right hand of God cheesy
Re: If You Have A Question Ask by BlueAngel444: 10:37pm On Sep 29, 2020
AvsGot007:
What do you know about the "word" that was God before creation?

-in the beginning there was Word and the word was with God
Nothing, and just as you rightly quoted, "In the beginning" not before the beginning. The word was divine in the beginning before he became flesh and dwelt among men. He was the one through whom God made all that was and is.
Re: If You Have A Question Ask by AvsGot007(m): 11:41pm On Sep 29, 2020
BlueAngel444:
Nothing, and just as you rightly quoted, "In the beginning" not before the beginning. The word was divine in the beginning before he became flesh and dwelt among men. He was the one through whom God made all that was and is.
nothing can be said about the word indeed

You should research more on other books.
A lot happened before the creation of first gods(lights)
Re: If You Have A Question Ask by Kobojunkie: 12:49am On Sep 30, 2020
BlueAngel444:
None spoke against the ten commandments not even Jesus, but the mosaic law ended with his sacrificesmiley
The Mosaic Law did not end with His sacrifice. That belief is a myth in itself. Jesus Christ's death never ended the Mosaic law and it certainly did not end God's declaration from the beginning that man would die and go back to dust from whence He was made either.
What Jesus Christ's "sacrifice" did was pay the price necessary for those who would choose to accept Him. Matter of fact, it was mainly for the descendants of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob, who were formerly bound by blood to the Mosaic Law. Gentiles were not bound to the Mosaic Laws by blood and so were simply unbelievers who were able to come to God through Jesus Christ.
Re: If You Have A Question Ask by BlueAngel444: 8:51am On Sep 30, 2020
AvsGot007:
nothing can be said about the word indeed

You should research more on other books.
A lot happened before the creation of first gods(lights)
1 timothy 4:7 do not pay attention to fables, myths, fairytale and the like
Re: If You Have A Question Ask by BlueAngel444: 9:02am On Sep 30, 2020
Kobojunkie:
The Mosaic Law did not end with His sacrifice. That belief is a myth in itself. Jesus Christ's death never ended the Mosaic law and it certainly did not end God's declaration from the beginning that man would die and go back to dust from whence He was made either.
What Jesus Christ's "sacrifice" did was pay the price necessary for those who would choose to accept Him. Matter of fact, it was mainly for the descendants of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob, who were formerly bound by blood to the Mosaic Law. Gentiles were not bound to the Mosaic Laws by blood and so were simply unbelievers who were able to come to God through Jesus Christ.
I clearly differentiated between God's Commands and Words from Mosiac law that had to do with the temple and priestly functions of blood sacrifice. That is in scripture, and not some myth as you say.

what exactly do you understand by the term Mosaic law?

your last paragraph is a bit contradictory, you have written is to state that the death of Jesus was mainly for the descendants of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob. Which any average spirit filled bible student would know is wrong but also still write that the gentiles could come to God through Christ. undecided

that's confusion
Re: If You Have A Question Ask by AvsGot007(m): 9:35am On Sep 30, 2020
BlueAngel444:
1 timothy 4:7 do not pay attention to fables, myths, fairytale and the like
and where did you quote this from?
Re: If You Have A Question Ask by Dtruthspeaker: 10:17am On Sep 30, 2020
sonmvayina:

Have you seen a psychiatrist? Like I suggested..seems you have not....so in which of those was a human being as single sacrifice allowed..you can hold on to your idolatry..it is no body's business..

grin See, Fresh Issue, New Ground (as I said earlier) because you can Never Rebut the Established Truth Instructed by the Lord, our God!

Do not ever say no one has answered you for I have always answered you and you could Never Reply!

You can have the last word, I leave you be!
Re: If You Have A Question Ask by Dtruthspeaker: 10:19am On Sep 30, 2020
Kobojunkie:

Kobo, your absence/silence did not go unnoticed, welcome.

Hope all was well and all is well once again?

2 Likes

Re: If You Have A Question Ask by Nobody: 10:31am On Sep 30, 2020
h. grin
Re: If You Have A Question Ask by sonmvayina(m): 12:15pm On Sep 30, 2020
Dtruthspeaker:

grin See, Fresh Issue, New Ground (as I said earlier) because you can Never Rebut the Established Truth Instructed by the Lord, our God!

Do not ever say no one has answered you for I have always answered you and you could Never Reply!

You can have the last word, I leave you be!

In which of those was a human being used ?
Re: If You Have A Question Ask by sonmvayina(m): 12:23pm On Sep 30, 2020
Kobojunkie:

Whose idea was that as per the bolded? This has been our axe ,me and you and me and Dtruthspeaker, when did God concieve this idea ? Of sending "his son"(sic) to as a sin sacrifice.?
Re: If You Have A Question Ask by BlueAngel444: 12:45pm On Sep 30, 2020
AvsGot007:
and where did you quote this from?
ya, a book, with a lot more accuracy than most and fairly more reliable
Re: If You Have A Question Ask by BlueAngel444: 12:50pm On Sep 30, 2020
sonmvayina:

Whose idea was that as per the bolded? This has been our axe ,me and you and me and Dtruthspeaker, when did God concieve this idea ? Of sending "his son"(sic) to as a sin sacrifice.?
from the very beginning aka foundation of the world tongue
Re: If You Have A Question Ask by Dtruthspeaker: 12:53pm On Sep 30, 2020
sonmvayina:

Whose idea was that as per the bolded? This has been our axe ,me and you and me and Dtruthspeaker, when did God concieve this idea ? Of sending "his son"(sic) to as a sin sacrifice

Before Moses Presented the Law of the Sacrifice of Sin Offering, Trespass and Atonement, was there one before? No, there was not!

Was it Not God Who Issued these Instructions of Sacrifice of Sin Offerings, Trespass and Atonement?

Therefore, When God Says "And there came a voice out of the cloud, (as it was in Mount Sinai) saying, This is my beloved Son: hear him." Is this not sufficient communication from God, Instructing us, that we can not go wrong if we Listen to He Who is called Jesus, The Christ?

If God Himself, On High, From On High has Directly and without the use of any Prophet, Told You to Listen to The Christ, the choice and decision of either listening to God or directly disobeying Him is yours to make, for yourself.

I have heeded that High Instruction and I shall Always hearken to it without deviation or reservation.
Re: If You Have A Question Ask by AvsGot007(m): 12:59pm On Sep 30, 2020
BlueAngel444:
ya, a book, with a lot more accuracy than most and fairly more reliable
yes, but does the book explain creation before God?
Re: If You Have A Question Ask by sonmvayina(m): 1:00pm On Sep 30, 2020
BlueAngel444:
from the very beginning aka foundation of the world tongue

I want to assume you have at least finished secondary school..you know that is not an answer...so please do better, which prophet proohesied this solution ? When did God reveal it ..I really want to come to your side,but you have to least be more convincing..from all indication this jesus character is made up...convince me otherwise..
Re: If You Have A Question Ask by sonmvayina(m): 1:08pm On Sep 30, 2020
Dtruthspeaker:

Before Moses Presented the Law of the Sacrifice of Sin Offering, Trespass and Atonement, was there one before? No, there was not!

Was it Not God Who Issued these Instructions of Sacrifice of Sin Offerings, Trespass and Atonement?

Therefore, When God Says "And there came a voice out of the cloud, (as it was in Mount Sinai) saying, This is my beloved Son: hear him." Is this not sufficient communication from God, Instructing us, that we can not go wrong if we Listen to He Who is called Jesus, The Christ?

If God Himself, On High, From On High has Directly and without the use of any Prophet, Told You to Listen to The Christ, the choice and decision of either listening to God or directly disobeying Him is yours to make, for yourself.

I have heeded that High Instruction and I shall Always hearken to it without deviation or reservation.

Dtruthspeaker,Dtruthspeaker...nananananana, you are using the new testament to prove the new testament..you went to school right..I expected more from you...do better.

Amos3:7 says "God reveal it to his servant the proohet before it happens"...so which prophet did God reveal it to?
Re: If You Have A Question Ask by BlueAngel444: 1:10pm On Sep 30, 2020
sonmvayina:

I want to assume you have at least finished secondary school..you know that is not an answer...so please do better, which prophet proohesied this solution ? When did God reveal it ..I really want to come to your side,but you have to least be more convincing..from all indication this jesus character is made up...convince me otherwise..
I'm not trying to convince you sha

About you first tell me what are those "indications" that make you think Jesus was a made up character?
Re: If You Have A Question Ask by sonmvayina(m): 1:17pm On Sep 30, 2020
BlueAngel444:

I'm not trying to convince you sha

About you first tell me what are those "indications" that make you think Jesus was a made up character?

First and foremost he did not write anything.so we don't know what his mission was.if he was a jew then he would have known that the Torah is Gods laws and no one has the right to alter it.

Secondly there is no writting from anyone who knew him personally..the four gospel are written by unknown authors and written in the third person..

Thirdly all the stories about him and all he said where all thought by sages before him..there is nothing original about him ..

4thly There is no where it says god have a son from a human mother,is that even possible ?..

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Gay Bishops All Over The Place / Jesus Christ Was A Liberal Not Conservative, Christians Should Live Like Christ. / Winning Souls For Christ: Evangelism Vs Aggressive Marketing

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.