Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,184 members, 7,780,265 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 11:31 AM

What Has Your Complaints Concerning Bad Governance Actually Changed So Far? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What Has Your Complaints Concerning Bad Governance Actually Changed So Far? (591 Views)

'Take Your Complaints To The Governor First', Speaker Tells Protesting Obingwa / Public Complaints Commission Staff Protest, Go On Strike Over Minimum Wage / Tribunal Issues Subpoena On INEC Chairman Over Atiku, PDP's Complaints (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Has Your Complaints Concerning Bad Governance Actually Changed So Far? by Calabar1stSon: 1:18pm On Sep 29, 2020
You'd want to agree with me that since Nigeria became a democratic nation we've been having from one undemocratic leader to the other always churning out bad policies every now and then!

Every time WE complained it's as if it always falls on dear ears!

60 years down the line, We've had no tangible development to brag about from one successive government to the other, No functional basic amenities.

Which leaves me with a question begging for answers; Has Your Complaints Concerning Bad Governance Yielded Any Positive Change?
Re: What Has Your Complaints Concerning Bad Governance Actually Changed So Far? by padi94(m): 1:49pm On Sep 29, 2020
Non that I know of
Re: What Has Your Complaints Concerning Bad Governance Actually Changed So Far? by TThhoorr: 1:50pm On Sep 29, 2020
The Africans were inspired more than any continent but still things stay the very same in some ways a regress
Fuel subsidy Nigerians have been complaining for it to be removed since 90s so there won't be v fuel scarcity serves them right their wish has been granted and OP complain is a little bit p polite because its done where things can be mended o think it'll be more suitable you call it nagging [color=#990000][/color] and don't forget the fact that our politicians are saints because if I'm to be the one you people will suffer much worse coz it's know you didn't voted me sake of I deserved rather I bought your freedom of 4yrs with a meager sum that won't last you a day if you want good governance vote for it
Re: What Has Your Complaints Concerning Bad Governance Actually Changed So Far? by TThhoorr: 1:56pm On Sep 29, 2020
The Africans were inspired more than any continent but still things stay the very same in some ways a regress
Fuel subsidy Nigerians have been complaining for it to be removed since 90s so there won't be v fuel scarcity serves them right their wish has been granted and OP complain is a little bit p polite because its done where things can be mended o think it'll be more suitable you call it nagging [color=#990000][/color] and don't forget the fact that our politicians are saints because if I'm to be the one you people will suffer much worse coz it's know you didn't voted me sake of I deserved rather I bought your freedom of 4yrs with a meager sum that won't last you a day if you want good governance vote for it cool
Re: What Has Your Complaints Concerning Bad Governance Actually Changed So Far? by sapientia(m): 2:31pm On Sep 29, 2020
Complain achieves nothing

Only action does.

So my complain have changed absolute nothing

And we have clowns as leaders

It is finished.

1 Like

Re: What Has Your Complaints Concerning Bad Governance Actually Changed So Far? by MyVILLAGEpeople(m): 2:59pm On Sep 29, 2020
TThhoorr:
Fuel subsidy Nigerians have been complaining for it to be removed since 90s so there won't be v fuel scarcity serves them right their wish has been granted and OP complain is a little bit p polite because its done where things can be mended o think it'll be more suitable you call it nagging [color=#990000][/color] and don't forget the fact that our politicians are saints because if I'm to be the one you people will suffer much worse coz it's know you didn't voted me sake of I deserved rather I bought your freedom of 4yrs with a meager sum that won't last you a day if you want good governance vote for it

This your English sef sad
Re: What Has Your Complaints Concerning Bad Governance Actually Changed So Far? by MyVILLAGEpeople(m): 3:00pm On Sep 29, 2020
Nothing

Absolutely nothing. I think we should change the name of this country to Hellgeria grin grin
Re: What Has Your Complaints Concerning Bad Governance Actually Changed So Far? by Vyzz: 3:11pm On Sep 29, 2020
Re: What Has Your Complaints Concerning Bad Governance Actually Changed So Far? by TThhoorr: 3:13pm On Sep 29, 2020
MyVILLAGEpeople:

This your English sef sad
E pain you cool
Re: What Has Your Complaints Concerning Bad Governance Actually Changed So Far? by Calabar1stSon: 3:16pm On Sep 29, 2020
padi94:
Non that I know of
sapientia:
Complain achieves nothing

Only action does.

So my complain have changed absolute nothing

And we have clowns as leaders

It is finished.
MyVILLAGEpeople:
Nothing

Absolutely nothing. I think we should change the name of this country to Hellgeria grin grin
What do you think is the way forward?

Because the Youths have been blackmailed as not being ready to takeover power by the older population when in reality they've stiffened the laws in their favour.

On the otherhand, the youths have subjugated themselves as tools for electoral manipulation and violence in the hands of these politicians.

I'm of the opinion that only the youths can take away power from these politicians because they've failed us woefully.

Why I won't also blame these Men 100% is because majority of the masses vote with their stomach and not with their conscience!
Re: What Has Your Complaints Concerning Bad Governance Actually Changed So Far? by Calabar1stSon: 3:20pm On Sep 29, 2020
TThhoorr:
Fuel subsidy Nigerians have been complaining for it to be removed since 90s so there won't be v fuel scarcity serves them right their wish has been granted and OP complain is a little bit p polite because its done where things can be mended o think it'll be more suitable you call it nagging [color=#990000][/color] and don't forget the fact that our politicians are saints because if I'm to be the one you people will suffer much worse coz it's know you didn't voted me sake of I deserved rather I bought your freedom of 4yrs with a meager sum that won't last you a day if you want good governance vote for it cool
Abeg you fit translate am to piging English?

1 Like

Re: What Has Your Complaints Concerning Bad Governance Actually Changed So Far? by TThhoorr: 5:21pm On Sep 29, 2020
Calabar1stSon:
Abeg you fit translate am to piging English?
YOU No get Google translate shey e dey translate all languages Abi pidgin no be language just thinking though but wait oo don't tell me say na one glass of holy water make you dey think your life so
Re: What Has Your Complaints Concerning Bad Governance Actually Changed So Far? by nazicartel(m): 5:36pm On Sep 29, 2020
My complaints have not solved anything ooo,, who am I even complaining to?... Is it the normal online ranting?....
Well I came to my local government years ago, I went to a particular community to see a friend, people were trooping into their compound fetching water,,, I enquired to know what happened to the community bore hole, he said it's not really functioning,,, so days past, I met the person representing my constituency in the state house, told him about that particular issue in that village,,, the reply I got wasn't that good, he concluded their was no money that he will see to it,,, since then till now... I just reasoned what's there to fix, because I know they have money... I just concluded that these our leaders doesn't do anything they won't gain from
Re: What Has Your Complaints Concerning Bad Governance Actually Changed So Far? by Calabar1stSon: 7:15pm On Sep 29, 2020
TThhoorr:

YOU No get Google translate shey e dey translate all languages Abi pidgin no be language just thinking though but wait oo don't tell me say na one glass of holy water make you dey think your life so
My Brother na so I see am oh! Na water I dey drink now sef, abi you go show your boy some love? embarassed

Re: What Has Your Complaints Concerning Bad Governance Actually Changed So Far? by Calabar1stSon: 7:18pm On Sep 29, 2020
nazicartel:
My complaints have not solved anything ooo,, who am I even complaining to?... Is it the normal online ranting?....
Well I came to my local government years ago, I went to a particular community to see a friend, people were trooping into their compound fetching water,,, I enquired to know what happened to the community bore hole, he said it's not really functioning,,, so days past, I met the person representing my constituency in the state house, told him about that particular issue in that village,,, the reply I got wasn't that good, he concluded their was no money that he will see to it,,, since then till now... I just reasoned what's there to fix, because I know they have money... I just concluded that these our leaders doesn't do anything they won't gain from
They only tend to remember the roads that leads to their constituencies during election. Annoyingly, they still get supports from these people(masses)

1 Like

Re: What Has Your Complaints Concerning Bad Governance Actually Changed So Far? by 2020Experience(m): 7:25pm On Sep 29, 2020
We all know that Nigeria cannot work like this, so complain from now till forever, nothing can change except this country is broken or restructured.
Re: What Has Your Complaints Concerning Bad Governance Actually Changed So Far? by Calabar1stSon: 7:45pm On Sep 29, 2020
2020Experience:
We all know that Nigeria cannot work like this, so complain from now till forever, nothing can change except this country is broken or restructured.
I'm really scared honestly! At the mention of restructuring, the government go wild embarassed

1 Like

Re: What Has Your Complaints Concerning Bad Governance Actually Changed So Far? by padi94(m): 8:47pm On Sep 29, 2020
Calabar1stSon:

What do you think is the way forward?

Because the Youths have been blackmailed as not being ready to takeover power by the older population when in reality they've stiffened the laws in their favour.

On the otherhand, the youths have subjugated themselves as tools for electoral manipulation and violence in the hands of these politicians.

I'm of the opinion that only the youths can take away power from these politicians because they've failed us woefully.

Why I won't also blame these Men 100% is because majority of the masses vote with their stomach and not with their conscience!

I know for a fact you can't change everything at once, you can only... change those little things that are close to you and that you have power over. For instance, you're in charge of clearance for people who needs some kind of serviced or the other, don't collect bribe or give some people preference, take time to inform as opposed to rudely addressing them or being impatience with those who need extra attention, do your job with utmost professionalism and emotional intelligence...

Our attitude as well must be better, we must continue to evaluate ourselves in light of how best to react to people and things...

We just gat to begin with us, firstly our attitude must be better, then those things which we have control over, work, neighbour's and how we treat our environment.
Re: What Has Your Complaints Concerning Bad Governance Actually Changed So Far? by Calabar1stSon: 8:55pm On Sep 29, 2020
padi94:

I know for a fact you can't change everything at once, you can only... change those little things that are close to you and that you have power over. For instance, you're in charge of clearance for people who needs some kind of serviced or the other, don't collect bribe or give some people preference, take time to inform as opposed to rudely addressing them or being impatience with those who need extra attention, do your job with utmost professionalism and emotional intelligence...

Our attitude as well must be better, we must continue to evaluate ourselves in light of how best to react to people and things...

We just gat to begin with us, firstly our attitude must be better, then those things which we have control over, work, neighbour's and how we treat our environment.
While I'd agreed with you 100%, the system has been fine tuned in such a way that one could say that corruption has been legalized in this country!

And most Nigerians are not really willing to change their mentality for good!
Re: What Has Your Complaints Concerning Bad Governance Actually Changed So Far? by Nigeriabiafra80: 8:56pm On Sep 29, 2020
Buhari should organize another big brother for Nigeria lazy youth �
Re: What Has Your Complaints Concerning Bad Governance Actually Changed So Far? by 2020Experience(m): 10:26pm On Sep 29, 2020
Calabar1stSon:
I'm really scared honestly! At the mention of restructuring, the government goes wild embarassed

Who are the government?
I think the masses or the average people who are feeling the heat of the bad situation of this nation aren’t serious for a better life.
Re: What Has Your Complaints Concerning Bad Governance Actually Changed So Far? by TThhoorr: 12:22am On Sep 30, 2020
Calabar1stSon:
My Brother na so I see am oh! Na water I dey drink now sef, abi you go show your boy some love? embarassed
You sound just like someone I knew from many years ago though he's the son of an ex military officer or are you people from your state all the same cry
Re: What Has Your Complaints Concerning Bad Governance Actually Changed So Far? by allthingsgood: 5:21am On Sep 30, 2020
Pls don't count buhari with your other 16yrs of pdp failed leadership. Buhari has achieved slot. Forget what wailers and ipobist blab on social media
Re: What Has Your Complaints Concerning Bad Governance Actually Changed So Far? by Calabar1stSon: 10:04am On Sep 30, 2020
allthingsgood:
Pls don't count buhari with your other 16yrs of pdp failed leadership. Buhari has achieved slot. Forget what wailers and ipobist blab on social media
Continue with the tribalism!

(1) (Reply)

Ondo Decides 2020: Latest News Update On Forthcoming Ondo Election / We Shouldn't Stop At #Endsars! / Extortion On Our Highways Is Reportedly Going On By Security Personnel

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.