Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,356 members, 7,800,711 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 02:12 AM

800 Houses To Go As Lagos Proposes $2.2 Billon For 4th Mainland Bridge - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 800 Houses To Go As Lagos Proposes $2.2 Billon For 4th Mainland Bridge (57045 Views)

Open Grazing Ban: Lagos Proposes 21-Year Jail Term For Armed Herders / Reno Omokri Promises To Pay Buhari ₦1 Billon In Bitcoin If He Can Do This (Pix) / Breaking: Efcc Arrest Senator James Manager Over N5 Billon Fraud (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 800 Houses To Go As Lagos Proposes $2.2 Billon For 4th Mainland Bridge by anonimi: 2:44am On Sep 30, 2020

1 Like

Re: 800 Houses To Go As Lagos Proposes $2.2 Billon For 4th Mainland Bridge by deomelo: 2:45am On Sep 30, 2020
Omooba77:

Any right thinking Government will look at the option of rail lines...
It still beat my imaginations that LASG is not thinking of rail from Mainland to Island, Lekki, Epe. For Lagos to be like Dubai, it MUST have rail option!

Too many people are commenting in this thread, but it's obvious that they are either not Lagosians.

This is the Blue line connecting Lagos island and the mainland.

Re: 800 Houses To Go As Lagos Proposes $2.2 Billon For 4th Mainland Bridge by anonimi: 2:49am On Sep 30, 2020
Omihanifa:
Audio bridge undecided

Every governor way don ever gorvern Lagos dey use this bridge campaign undecided

Including Jakande?
Or just the Jagbajantis godfather and his rogue puppets?

eluquenson:
REVISITING SOME OF THE LATEEF JAKANDE'S GOVERNMENT ACHIEVEMENTS FROM OCTOBER 1979 TO DECEMBER 1983 (FOUR YEARS AND 3 MONTHS) IN LAGOS STATE

* His government built the current Lagos State Secretariat which houses all the state ministries as well as the popular round house hitherto occupied by all subsequent governors of the state.

* His government built the Lagos State House of Assembly complex.

* His government built the Lagos State Television

* His government built the Lagos Radio

* His government built Lagos State University

* His government established General Hospital in zones all over the state with assurance of free health care.

* His government established Teacher Training College and the College of Education.

* His government built low cost houses in Ijaiye, Dolphin, Oke-Afa, Ije, Abesan, Iponri, Ipaja, Abule Nla, Epe, Amuwo-Odofin, Anikantamo, Surulere, Iba, Ikorodu, Badagry, Isheri/Olowu, Orisigun etc.

* His government established the Water Management Board and Waste Disposal Board on the 18th of August, 1980.

* His government constructed the Adiyan Water Works to increase water supply in the state to 18.16 million litres per day.

* His government modernized and expanded the Iju Water Works which was first commissioned in 1915. This increased daily capacity from 159 million to 204 million litres per day.

* His government purchased and commissioned the giant car crusher equipment. The equipment was designed specifically to crush derelict vehicles in Lagos State. It had the capacity to crush 45 vehicles per day.

* His government constructed, rehabilitated and resurfaced Epe/Ijebu-Ode Road, Oba Akran Avenue, Toyin Street, Town Planning Way, Alimosho-Idimu-Egbe Road, Idimu-Iba-LASU Road, the new secretariat road and several others.

* His government constructed Victoria Island/Epe Road and thereby creating an ‘oil rig’ for Lagos State.

* His government established Asphalt Plant for the Department of Public Works.

* His government established Electricity Board for Rural Electrification with provision of street lights.

* His government modernized, expanded and commissioned Onikan Stadium in 1982.

* His government established a singular school system and ensured genuine free education in Lagos State and the beneficiaries of this policy are in different positions of eminence in the country and around the world.

* His government raised the primary schools in Lagos State to 812 with 533,001 pupils (against 605 primary schools with 434,545 pupils he met in 1979) and secondary schools to 223 with 167,629 students (against 105 schools with 107,835 students in 1979).

* His government constructed 11, 729 classrooms with the maximum of 40 children per class between March and August 1980, by 1983, he had constructed over 22,000 classrooms.

* In July 1983, two commercial passenger boats christened "Baba Kekere and Itafaji" to run the Mile 2 - Marina (CMS) route via the lagoons were inaugurated by his government to mark the official launch of the Lagos State ferry services.

* His government took over the ownership and financing of Lagos State Printing Corporation in July 1980

* His government established the first State Traffic Management Authority (Road Marshals).

* His government established small scale Industries Credit Scheme which preceded the EKO bank.

*His government established LASACO Insurance.

*His government expanded existing market and built new ones.

*His government established Traditional Medicine Board.

WHO SAYS 4 YEARS IN OFFICE IS NOT ENOUGH FOR MEANINGFUL ACHIEVEMENTS?

IT'S A FACT THAT 90% OF GOVERNORS IN NIGERIA SINCE 1999 WITH REVENUES AT THEIR DISPOSAL CANNOT BOAST OF A QUARTER OF THESE ACHIEVEMENTS EVEN WITHIN THEIR EIGHT YEARS IN OFFICE.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 800 Houses To Go As Lagos Proposes $2.2 Billon For 4th Mainland Bridge by Originalsly: 2:52am On Sep 30, 2020
deomelo:

You reduce inner city traffic when you have multiple entry and exit points.

If you are going to talk about vehicular congestion, you must also address and talk about human congestion that the state can not keep up with no matter what.

The topic is vehicular congestion ..... human congestion is a different topic with different solutions. I am focused on vehicular congestion period.

According to your logic.... if Lagos builds 50 bridges tonight and declare them open in the morning gridlock will be history in the city.

No doubt... if you have multiple bridges or entry/exit points traffic will be reduced on the now ever congested entrance/exit roads leading to 3MB... but there will also be an increase in traffic on the roads leading to the new 4MB. But this is about the roads... it wouldn't reduce the traffic in the city... or congestion... the same amount of vehicles will be in the city. More bridges will mean more multiple entry points ..... the city will get congested in less time.... and in the evenings... traffic will exit faster. What happens during the day?

I now understand the reasoning some people are applauding and swallowing this dream.

1 Like

Re: 800 Houses To Go As Lagos Proposes $2.2 Billon For 4th Mainland Bridge by anonimi: 2:52am On Sep 30, 2020
deomelo:
Too many people are commenting in this thread, but it's obvious that they are either not Lagosians.

How many passengers daily carried on this Blue line connecting Lagos Island and the mainland since June 2013

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 800 Houses To Go As Lagos Proposes $2.2 Billon For 4th Mainland Bridge by deomelo: 3:05am On Sep 30, 2020
Originalsly:

The topic is vehicular congestion ..... human congestion is a different topic with different solutions. I am focused on vehicular congestion period.

According to your logic.... if Lagos builds 50 bridges tonight and declare them open in the morning gridlock will be history in the city.

No doubt... if you have multiple bridges or entry/exit points traffic will be reduced on the now ever congested entrance/exit roads leading to 3MB... but there will also be an increase in traffic on the roads leading to the new 4MB. But this is about the roads... it wouldn't reduce the traffic in the city... or congestion... the same amount of vehicles will be in the city. More bridges will mean more multiple entry points ..... the city will get congested in less time.... and in the evenings... traffic will exit faster. What happens during the day?

I now understand the reasoning some people are applauding and swallowing this dream.

The topic is actually 800 Houses To Go As Lagos Proposes $2.2 Billon For 4th Mainland Bridge, not vehicular congestion.

If you can not engage in a sane back and forth discussion, just say so, not need to keep dancing around, faking topics and making your own rules, it doesn't work that way, this is a discussion forum, not your own forum where you dictate the rules or move goal posts just because you can not formulate sane and rational thoughts

It's common sense that traffic congestion is a manifestation of human congestion, it's also common sense that people drive from so many locations and points within the city just to get to the same bridge heading into and out od the city and when you crate alternate entry and exit points, you effectively reduce and divert traffic within the city.

Do you not drive through the city to get to the bridge? You ever imagine how many drivers doing the same thing at the same time?

Do you know how many drivers take side roads and short cuts within the city to dodge traffic and get to the bridge faster than other drivers?

I don't know why this is a foreign concept to you, it's just common sense, I'd understand if the issue here is the road in front of your house, but we are talking about major roads that tens of thousands of people are riding to get to the gridges from island to mainland or vise versa.

You are getting redundant for me, I think I'm wasting my time here.
Re: 800 Houses To Go As Lagos Proposes $2.2 Billon For 4th Mainland Bridge by Oritsewhandey(m): 3:07am On Sep 30, 2020
Enudapan:
.Nah eh! No qualms
Audion
How many times are we gonna hear this
Return to your village may be an option.
Re: 800 Houses To Go As Lagos Proposes $2.2 Billon For 4th Mainland Bridge by Oritsewhandey(m): 3:10am On Sep 30, 2020
)
Omihanifa:
Audio bridge undecided

Every governor way don ever gorvern Lagos dey use this bridge campaign undecided
Gosh! Hater sighted.
From backward & leader-less zone.
Re: 800 Houses To Go As Lagos Proposes $2.2 Billon For 4th Mainland Bridge by deomelo: 3:15am On Sep 30, 2020
anonimi:

How many passengers daily carried on this Blue line connecting Lagos Island and the mainland since June 2013

Sorry, i don't do trolls.
Re: 800 Houses To Go As Lagos Proposes $2.2 Billon For 4th Mainland Bridge by Agugbadin: 3:21am On Sep 30, 2020
Cyberterror:
To me, the project is just a waste of resources because basically the proposed route of this new bridge is same as the third mainland bridge. It will even "flyover" the third mainland bridge!! So it is more of an ego trip than a necessity. That 2.2 billion dollars will be more beneficial if it is used to pave the many unpaved roads in the satellite towns of Lagos State.

Of what economic importance is paving the satellites town road compared to the IGR that will be derived from EPZ
Re: 800 Houses To Go As Lagos Proposes $2.2 Billon For 4th Mainland Bridge by SUFFERInSMILIIN(m): 3:22am On Sep 30, 2020
adenigga:

https://m.guardian.ng/-800-houses-to-go-as-lagos-proposes-$2.2b-for-4th-mainland-bridge

more debt for Lagos State, buy time you know if the state will not employed anybody again because of the amount of debt which it is in

Re: 800 Houses To Go As Lagos Proposes $2.2 Billon For 4th Mainland Bridge by 12inchess: 3:33am On Sep 30, 2020
deomelo:

The topic is actually 800 Houses To Go As Lagos Proposes $2.2 Billon For 4th Mainland Bridge, not vehicular congestion.

If you can not engage in a sane back and forth discussion, just say so, not need to keep dancing around, faking topics and making your own rules, it doesn't work that way, this is a discussion forum, not your own forum where you dictate the rules or move goal posts just because you can not formulate sane and rational thoughts

It's common sense that traffic congestion is a manifestation of human congestion, it's also common sense that people drive from so many locations and points within the city just to get to the same bridge heading into and out od the city and when you crate alternate entry and exit points, you effectively reduce and divert traffic within the city.

Do you not drive through the city to get to the bridge? You ever imagine how many drivers doing the same thing at the same time?

Do you know how many drivers take side roads and short cuts within the city to dodge traffic and get to the bridge faster than other drivers?

I don't know why this is a foreign concept to you, it's just common sense, I'd understand if the issue here is the road in front of your house, but we are talking about major roads that tens of thousands of people are riding to get to the gridges from island to mainland or vise versa.

You are getting redundant for me, I think I'm wasting my time here.

It's evident that you don't understand how traffic operates. If you build more bridges, essentially what you have done is shifted the problem the people will still choke up the inner city with even more cars. Traffic planning and engineering has moved beyond building more roads and fly overs. This is the 21st century and that is not the way to go. Auto vehicle mileage reduction per person i.e vmt reduction should be the goal of a city as dense a Lagos. It is cheaper and more sustainable. I remember when Lekki toll bridge was opened. Initially it was okay people didn't want to pay the toll but as time went by, people now pay that that money but as it reduced island traffic? NO. It's still a cluster mess. It just shifted the traffic deeper into Ikoyi and Dolphin area. A good light rail, bus service with good comfort etc will make many people abandon their cars and free up the roads. Do you know that in the U.S the average utility of vehicles is 1.1 people per auto that is why traffic in many U.S cities is a cluster mess. But many of the cities are now getting sense and embracing transit but it's a little too late. We still have the chance to get this right in Lagos. Look at Europe, Canada, Germany, Singapore, Australia, Korea, France even U.K That is the kind of traffic management we should be emulating.

2 Likes

Re: 800 Houses To Go As Lagos Proposes $2.2 Billon For 4th Mainland Bridge by Nobody: 3:38am On Sep 30, 2020
Ajibel:

Lagos is already spending money on the city rail (they have blue line and red line in progress) and they've also invested in water transportation via @Lagferry

My guy that light rail project is fast becoming an abandoned project. Have you been to Mile 2 - Okokomaiko axis? There is no activity going on there. Abeg we should have conscience and speak truth to power.

2 Likes

Re: 800 Houses To Go As Lagos Proposes $2.2 Billon For 4th Mainland Bridge by deomelo: 3:39am On Sep 30, 2020
Agugbadin:

Of what economic importance is paving the satellites town road compared to the IGR that will be derived from EPZ

Lagos Metro Rail is designed to move over 500, 000 passengers per day

500,000 X 300 per passenger X 26 working days = N3,900,000,000

That's almost N4 billion per month and N48 billion per year.

I don't think they understand the IGR concept, it is not by accident that Lagos state is the king of IGR in Nigeria and West Africa.
Re: 800 Houses To Go As Lagos Proposes $2.2 Billon For 4th Mainland Bridge by harmony75: 3:39am On Sep 30, 2020
800 houses to be demolished??!! hope they will be compensated and Right alternative for those that will be affected!?!?!?!
Re: 800 Houses To Go As Lagos Proposes $2.2 Billon For 4th Mainland Bridge by deomelo: 3:41am On Sep 30, 2020
obynzo:

My guy that light rail project is fast becoming an abandoned project. Have you been to Mile 2 - Okokomaiko axis? There is no activity going on there. Abeg we should have conscience and speak truth to power.

Thanks to Ambode for grinding the project to a halt for 4 years and abandoning the whole of Lagos Badagry expressway construction for 4 years.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 800 Houses To Go As Lagos Proposes $2.2 Billon For 4th Mainland Bridge by smallsmall: 3:43am On Sep 30, 2020
omowolewa:
Any road Connecting Ikorodu to Island worth the investment. Already people now travel that distance by boat to avoid traffic.

Good vision, good 'Country in a Country'

I heard this "dream" under Tinubu and for eight years, he did nothing to implement it, it was just all cheap talk
Then Fashola, 'the performer', also said a lot about buildingthis bridge, he did wonderful well on infrastructures but never started this bridge, talkless of completing it.
Then Ambode came and made all the rigth noise about building the bridge and being from Epe, l was really believing that he would build it. He flopped.

Now, Sanwo-olu is also contributing his own noise to the already noisy situation!
Why is it that Nigerian Politicians are so untrustworthy? The 4th mainland Bridge has the capability to revolutionize Transport, Commerce,, Accomodation, Economy and IGR of Lagos State, so why the delay?

Dont forget, it was the Federal Military Govt that built the 3rd Mainland Bridge, why cant the Federal Govt use the $2Billion they want to waste on a Rail line to Niger Republic, to build this bridge that would be beneficial to all Nigerians, intead of the people of Niger republic?

Moreover, l am begining to think that these APC Politicians in Lagos, are just good for nothing.... maybe Sanwo-Olu will prove me wrong or maybe he will fall into the category of the previous noisemakers and decievers before him.

Time will Tell.
Re: 800 Houses To Go As Lagos Proposes $2.2 Billon For 4th Mainland Bridge by SUFFERInSMILIIN(m): 3:44am On Sep 30, 2020
obynzo:

The debt is becoming too much for the state to bear
Re: 800 Houses To Go As Lagos Proposes $2.2 Billon For 4th Mainland Bridge by smallsmall: 3:45am On Sep 30, 2020
harmony75:
800 houses to be demolished??!! hope they will be compensated and Right alternative for those that will be affected!?!?!?!

Houses without Registration dont usually get compensated, so they better take the queue now and register their properties.
Re: 800 Houses To Go As Lagos Proposes $2.2 Billon For 4th Mainland Bridge by Nobody: 3:46am On Sep 30, 2020
GoodGovernance:

Carter and Eko bridges na.

Just that third mainland is yet to be officially named after any person or place.

The bridge was named after IBB when he commissioned it in 1990
Re: 800 Houses To Go As Lagos Proposes $2.2 Billon For 4th Mainland Bridge by SUFFERInSMILIIN(m): 3:47am On Sep 30, 2020
smallsmall:

I heard this "dream" under Tinubu and for eight years, he did nothing to implement it, it was just all cheap talk
Then Fashola, 'the performer', also said a lot about buildingthis bridge, he did wonderful well on infrastructures but never started this bridge, talkless of completing it.
Then Ambode came and made all the rigth noise about building the bridge and being from Epe, l was really believing that he would build it. He flopped.

Now, Sanwo-olu is also contributing his own noise to the already noisy situation!
Why is it that Nigerian Politicians are so untrustworthy? The 4th mainland Bridge has the capability to revolutionize Transport, Commerce,, Accomodation, Economy and IGR of Lagos State, so why the delay?

Dont forget, it was the Federal Military Govt that built the 3rd Mainland Bridge, why cant the Federal Govt use the $2Billion they want to waste on a Rail line to Niger Republic, to build this bridge that would be beneficial to all Nigerians, intead of the people of Niger republic?

Moreover, l am begining to think that these APC Politicians in Lagos, are just good for nothing.... maybe Sanwo-Olu will prove me wrong or maybe he will fall into the category of the previous noisemakers and decievers before him.

Time will Tell.

You want them to borrow money to build a bridge which would take 25 to 30 years to complete just look at the Light Railway how many years will a struggling on it. Look at lagos-ibadan Express Road for the last 15 years we are still on it. The country is broke

1 Like

Re: 800 Houses To Go As Lagos Proposes $2.2 Billon For 4th Mainland Bridge by sulaak(m): 3:47am On Sep 30, 2020
They cannot find $2.2 billion to complete the Blue and Red light rail projects which are crucial to Lagos development, yet they are proposing another mega project at a time Nigeria is dead broke.
Re: 800 Houses To Go As Lagos Proposes $2.2 Billon For 4th Mainland Bridge by Nobody: 3:52am On Sep 30, 2020
[quote author=Ajibel post=94453757]

Yes sir. I'm also aware that some network of roads were recently completed in Badagry. Maybe they'll soon get to the bad ones, we hope![/quote

I think you are a paid troll. Have you really been to Badagry Okoko axis recently. The main road itself is bad not to talk of inner city roads once again have some conscience and speak truth to power.
Re: 800 Houses To Go As Lagos Proposes $2.2 Billon For 4th Mainland Bridge by smallsmall: 3:56am On Sep 30, 2020
obynzo:

My guy that[b] light rail project is fast becoming an abandoned project[/b]. Have you been to Mile 2 - Okokomaiko axis? There is no activity going on there. Abeg we should have conscience and speak truth to power.

But do you know why it has become abandonned?

*That Road is a Federal Road, right from time.
*When the federal govt abandoned it for a long time (No Thanks to Jonathan and PDP seeing lagos as an opposition State), Lagos State Govt decided it will build it and then ask for a refund from the Fed Govt.
*Lagos did all the drawings, made it an 8-Lane Express Way with facility for the Light Rail System and so many other beautiful things.
*Lagos started the project and it was 1/3 completed when Buhari came into office.
*Buhari, through the Fed Ministry of Work, SIEZED THE PROJECT.
*Buhari slashed the Design from 8-Lane Express to 2-Lane Road!
*Buhari scrapped, just as it scrapped the Lagis Metro Line in 1983, the Light Rail System of the Road (The abandonment you saw).
*Lagos Govt fought vigorously with Buhari to allow it continue the Road and its previous plan but he refused, eventually agreeing to only 2-Lanes either way but still wont allow the Light Rail part of the raod.
*Lagos State is looking to fund the Light Rail System part of it on it's own but the Fed. Govt of Buhari is still refusing to allow them do it.
*Infact, Buhari and his hatchet men have siezed the bridge, not with the intention of completing it but of making it decay and die naturally

That is the summary of what you saw, thanks to Buhari and his hatred for Southerners. undecided

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 800 Houses To Go As Lagos Proposes $2.2 Billon For 4th Mainland Bridge by Nobody: 3:59am On Sep 30, 2020
deomelo:

Bro easy with the lies the so called blue line has not even been completed
Re: 800 Houses To Go As Lagos Proposes $2.2 Billon For 4th Mainland Bridge by smallsmall: 4:01am On Sep 30, 2020
sulaak:
They cannot find $2.2 billion to complete the Blue and Red light rail projects which are crucial to Lagos development, yet they are proposing another mega project at a time Nigeria is dead broke.

Dont be openly ignorant!
They cant do anything on a that Fed. Road where these projects are attached, unless the FEd Govt allows them but the Fed Govt is not allowingthe Lagos State Govt to continue.
The 4th Mainland Bridge is the single mist important Road challenge in lagos, as l understand and its being on drawing Board for over 25yrs now.
And looking at it, they are looking to fund it PRIVATELY.
Re: 800 Houses To Go As Lagos Proposes $2.2 Billon For 4th Mainland Bridge by deomelo: 4:02am On Sep 30, 2020
12inchess:

It's evident that you don't understand how traffic operates. If you build more bridges, essentially what you have done is shifted the problem the people will still choke up the inner city with even more cars. Traffic planning and engineering has moved beyond building more roads and fly overs. This is the 21st century and that is not the way to go. Auto vehicle mileage reduction per person i.e vmt reduction should be the goal of a city as dense a Lagos. It is cheaper and more sustainable. I remember when Lekki toll bridge was opened. Initially it was okay people didn't want to pay the toll but as time went by, people now pay that that money but as it reduced island traffic? NO. It's still a cluster mess. It just shifted the traffic deeper into Ikoyi and Dolphin area. A good light rail, bus service with good comfort etc will make many people abandon their cars and free up the roads. Do you know that in the U.S the average utility of vehicles is 1.1 people per auto that is why traffic in many U.S cities is a cluster mess. But many of the cities are now getting sense and embracing transit but it's a little too late. We still have the chance to get this right in Lagos. Look at Europe, Canada, Germany, Singapore, Australia, Korea, France even U.K That is the kind of traffic management we should be emulating.

Do you have congestion on your street? No you don't.

The congestion are limited to the main roads and the main roads are full of traffic from thousands of people heading to work or heading back home from let's say Ikorodu, this traffic share the same Ikorodu road with people heading to or coming from other major areas like Ikeja, Mile 12, Ilupeju, Palm Groove and even from out of Lagos state like Ogun state and Oyo state and so on., diverting that traffic from out of state and from Ikoroddu to the 4th MB straight to the Island means you are removing tens of thousands of cars from ikorodu road, it means you are reducing congestion in Yaba, Ebute meta and all the roads that leads to the 3rd mainland.

And please stop comparing yourself with USA and Canada, our daily realities are not the same, 20 million people didn't cramp themselves up in one little city in the USA or Canada and their budgets are hundreds of billions of dollars, not $4 billion like Lagos.

Stay away from meaningless apple and orange comparison.,

3 Likes

Re: 800 Houses To Go As Lagos Proposes $2.2 Billon For 4th Mainland Bridge by deomelo: 4:03am On Sep 30, 2020
obynzo:

Bro easy with the lies the so called blue line has not even been completed

Who said it's completed? Show ne where?
Re: 800 Houses To Go As Lagos Proposes $2.2 Billon For 4th Mainland Bridge by Originalsly: 4:03am On Sep 30, 2020
deomelo:

.......we are talking about major roads that tens of thousands of people are riding to get to the gridges from island to mainland or vise versa.

If that's what you're focused on... didn't I address it in my previous comment? But you're yet to respond to my comment.... is this how a sane discussion is conducted? Yes... this is a discussion forum.... differences of opinions... but when you decide to engage you should be able to defend your opinion with logic.

FYI..... NYC.... been facing traffic congestion and looking for solutions.... has mass transit.... buses and subway... ferries and bridges. Major bridges... Brooklyn Bridge... built in 1883 before cars as we know it.... last major bridge Verrazzano Bridge built in 1964 ... when gridlock was not a problem. No new bridges since... none ever under consideration.... but mass transit always on the table. $2B can be better spent. Can you imagine when it comes to maintenance... ehmmm.... are they finished with the simple maintenance operation on 3MB?... can you imagine the same on the almost longest bridge in Africa? Peace.
Re: 800 Houses To Go As Lagos Proposes $2.2 Billon For 4th Mainland Bridge by smallsmall: 4:11am On Sep 30, 2020
Originalsly:

No doubt... if you have multiple bridges or entry/exit points traffic will be reduced on the now ever congested entrance/exit roads leading to 3MB... but[b] there will also be an increase in traffic on the roads leading to the new 4MB[/b]. But this is about the roads... it wouldn't reduce the traffic in the city... or congestion... the same amount of vehicles will be in the city. More bridges will mean more multiple entry points ..... the city will get congested in less time.... and in the evenings... traffic will exit faster. What happens during the day?

You are wrong completely, no logic in your arguement.

Traffic in the CITY are Vehicles GOING SOMEWHERE, they are not intended to be just roaming around in the City! grin If they get there on time, they would be parked somewhere at their destination and the road will still be free!!
I think you are mixing-up total number of Cars in a City, with the number of Cars stuck midway in traffic, in a City or on the road.

More Bridges mean easing of traffic.

It means less time spent in bottleneck traffic
it means less Vehicle on the Road (in actual transit) because the road will be free and vehicles can quickly go-in and leave the road, to end up in their owners compound (not stuck on the road).
It means less fuel, less wear and tear on vehicles, less repair cost, less pollution, less driver stress, less people fighting themselves on the road, less street trading on Bridges/Roads, less accidents on the road, etc.

The Benefits of more roads are just endless.
Re: 800 Houses To Go As Lagos Proposes $2.2 Billon For 4th Mainland Bridge by smallsmall: 4:13am On Sep 30, 2020
deomelo:

Do you have congestion on your street? No you don't.

The congestion are limited to the main roads and the main roads are full of traffic from thousands of people heading to work or heading back home from let's say Ikorodu, this traffic share the same Ikorodu road with people heading to or coming from other major areas like Ikeja, Mile 12, Ilupeju, Palm Groove and even from out of Lagos state like Ogun state and Oyo state and so on., diverting that traffic from out of state and from Ikoroddu to the 4th MB straight to the Island means you are removing tens of thousands of cars from ikorodu road, it means you are reducing congestion in Yaba, Ebute meta and all the roads that leads to the 3rd mainland.

And please stop comparing yourself with USA and Canada, our daily realities are not the same, 20 million people didn't cramp themselves up in one little city in the USA or Canada and their budgets are hundreds of billions of dollars, not $4 billion like Lagos.

Stay away from meaningless apple and orange comparison.,

Correct, Your head dey dea 100%

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Tinubu Asks Security Agencies To Caution Obi Over Inciting Comments / Tinubu To Adeboye: My Hands Are Tied On Ambode’s 2nd Term / Adams Oshiomhole Dancing At A Function In Benin (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 107
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.