Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,238 members, 7,807,799 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 07:28 PM

Pregnancy, Drug Test: Covenant University Subtly Reacts To Allegations (video) - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Pregnancy, Drug Test: Covenant University Subtly Reacts To Allegations (video) (35735 Views)

Pregnancy & Drug Test: Covenant University Students 'They Lied To Our Parents' / Unilag Freshers Seen Climbing Wall To Undergo Their Mandatory Drug Test. / Is This Lady One Of The Reasons Bowen Students Were Afraid Of The Drug Test? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pregnancy, Drug Test: Covenant University Subtly Reacts To Allegations (video) by Despirado121(m): 6:30pm On Sep 29, 2020
Covenant University Releases Video After Being Called Out For Not Conducting COVID-19 Test

Covenant University, Ota, Ogun State has released a video showing procedures students must follow as the varsity resumes after months of lockdown due to the coronavirus pandemi, Igbere TV reports.

The video followed allegations by a Twitter user @booghy_ who claimed to be a female student of the school. The alleged student wrote on Monday that the school was not conducting COVID-19 test on returning students.

The Twitter user also called on the Ogun State Government to look into the matter.

“Covenant University is not doing covid-19 test for students! They lied to our parents. They are only doing pregnancy and drug test! I resumed today and all they did was take my urine and blood sample.

“@ogsgofficial please help! I am scared to my wits! Retweet when you see this,” the alleged student said.

She continued: “They brought out only 2 canopies to search and test us. We were so many! Rain fell and they left us under the rain. Our provisions were destroyed and our luggages soaked to the last.

“One of the staffs even said that if any of us is infected, that we should not worry that papa is praying. That we should forget COVID-19.

“And to top it all, in the hostels, we are FOUR in a room! FOUR! No difference from every other semester before COVID-19.”

https://twitter.com/booghy_/status/1310647337006567424?s=19

Igbere TV reports that the school, however, released a video on Tuesday which appeared to counter the alleged student’s claims.

“Please let’s all adhere to this guidelines & protocols so as to ensure a smooth screening exercise going forward,” the school captioned its Twitter post.

https://twitter.com/CUHEBRON/status/1310975532872466432?s=19

Covenant University is owned by Living Faith Church Worldwide also known as Winners Chapel which is managed by Bishop David Oyedepo.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b-iazQghBnM

3 Shares

Re: Pregnancy, Drug Test: Covenant University Subtly Reacts To Allegations (video) by Jafar1: 6:31pm On Sep 29, 2020
Does this mean every school including primary and secondary will conduct Covid19 test on each student before being allowed to enter a class?

Na im be say we never ready to resume be that o.

Many girls go fear that pregnancy test sha grin

40 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Pregnancy, Drug Test: Covenant University Subtly Reacts To Allegations (video) by CornerDot: 6:33pm On Sep 29, 2020
Enjoy 50% 'Naija 60th Independence' discount on my 500gb brand new external hard disks Pre-loaded with top rated video courses in the following in-demand I.T skills of 2020s.
-Programming
-Web development
-Data Science
-Cybersecurity & Ethical hacking
-Cloud Computing(Google, Microsoft & AWS)
-SQL
-Mobile App Development
-Your Additional Request(if any)

No Pre-requisite is required to learn & master any of these courses. Basic knowledge of operating computer is more than enough & curiosity to learn new technology.. About 15 highly rated courses under each section totally thousands of videos. Also included are softwares, hundreds of best-selling ebooks, compilers, hands on projects, professional exam prep guide e.t.c Total Size is now over 400 gigabytes. What'sapp me (Timothy) on +234-806-494 32 97 for more details(Pay on delivery)

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy, Drug Test: Covenant University Subtly Reacts To Allegations (video) by donbachi(m): 6:36pm On Sep 29, 2020
Many girls no go resume be dat na.

28 Likes

Re: Pregnancy, Drug Test: Covenant University Subtly Reacts To Allegations (video) by Freestainworld(m): 6:49pm On Sep 29, 2020
I thought Papa have already prayed against corona, Nigeria and religious mischiefs, now the news have gone viral that is why they are trying to do a cover up.

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy, Drug Test: Covenant University Subtly Reacts To Allegations (video) by inoki247: 6:53pm On Sep 29, 2020
okay
Re: Pregnancy, Drug Test: Covenant University Subtly Reacts To Allegations (video) by Nicklaus619(m): 7:15pm On Sep 29, 2020
Ignorance is what kills over religious people, hear that talk "papa is praying for all of you, u will not have covid 19" what kinda fuckery is that one Same pastor that will be giving vip treatment should he contact same virus
Plus
I don't know why they keep treating this covenant school students like they are in one local primary school like that, they should kuku sow uniform for them Nah rubbish

34 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Pregnancy, Drug Test: Covenant University Subtly Reacts To Allegations (video) by Lexusgs430: 7:15pm On Sep 29, 2020
Are the students pregnant?...
Do they use illegal drugs?...

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy, Drug Test: Covenant University Subtly Reacts To Allegations (video) by AustineCJ: 7:15pm On Sep 29, 2020
Yeye they smell ..... na when breeze blow, we they know say Father Matthew wear trouser.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Pregnancy, Drug Test: Covenant University Subtly Reacts To Allegations (video) by HigherEd: 7:16pm On Sep 29, 2020
First of all it is nonsense saying the school was doing pregnancy and drug test. This is just the average rumor that pervades in CU when things aren't made clear by the university authorities. They've never done a university wide pregnancy or drug test. It makes no sense particularly at resumption.

Also, the girl said they should reduce the number of people in a room. Lol is covenant supposed to build new hostels because of Covid19?
Though rain fell and scattered the canopies resulting In drenched personal properties. This was unfortunate but not Intended. They would plan better for the remaining days.

What I disagree with is allowing all levels to resume in one week. Opening should have been phased in five weeks. Each level ought to resume in separate weeks, this gives room for one room per student and for Covid19 test results to be conducted and released and students with confirmed cases quickly removed and returned home..

27 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Pregnancy, Drug Test: Covenant University Subtly Reacts To Allegations (video) by Franklyspeakin: 7:16pm On Sep 29, 2020
Lola damage control
Re: Pregnancy, Drug Test: Covenant University Subtly Reacts To Allegations (video) by Righteousness89(m): 7:16pm On Sep 29, 2020
This is how Organized I know Cu to be..

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy, Drug Test: Covenant University Subtly Reacts To Allegations (video) by HolarQD(m): 7:17pm On Sep 29, 2020
i Think most Nigerian youths seems to not only concentrate on news that doesn’t have any immediate nor long term benefit to them but also news they don’t have any iota of power or effective control over matters been discussed in such news.

What exactly does those students tends to achieve with their outbursts? And more importantly what or how does those who were calling out the school management here on Nairaland feel especially when they’re neither students nor sponsors of anyone in the school?

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Pregnancy, Drug Test: Covenant University Subtly Reacts To Allegations (video) by benedictuyi(m): 7:17pm On Sep 29, 2020
Hmm
Re: Pregnancy, Drug Test: Covenant University Subtly Reacts To Allegations (video) by Jossyroyal1: 7:17pm On Sep 29, 2020
undecided

Any news about church you will see people masturbating there.

How many state and Federal universities can match what Covenant university is doing?

Up till today, for FG to do covid test for Nigerians is rocket science. No one is talking about that yet people want to crucify Covenant University.

The developments, CSR and support churches have render to this country i dont see all religions matching them combined...

Nonsense

Well, check my signature

31 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy, Drug Test: Covenant University Subtly Reacts To Allegations (video) by AdronHomesPrope: 7:17pm On Sep 29, 2020
Nice

Re: Pregnancy, Drug Test: Covenant University Subtly Reacts To Allegations (video) by chiefolododo(m): 7:18pm On Sep 29, 2020
P
Re: Pregnancy, Drug Test: Covenant University Subtly Reacts To Allegations (video) by FuckOsuPigs: 7:18pm On Sep 29, 2020
I expected the school to respond directly to those allegations, not this.

A glorified secondary school is what the school is.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy, Drug Test: Covenant University Subtly Reacts To Allegations (video) by kCatalyst: 7:19pm On Sep 29, 2020
All protocols should be duly observed...Covid 19 is still around....no vaccine globally distributed yet....

#Please obey instructions#....#stay safe#..

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy, Drug Test: Covenant University Subtly Reacts To Allegations (video) by Fiobie507: 7:19pm On Sep 29, 2020
Are you still struggling on making  funds to pay bills? are you looking for Passive Income or a way on how to Invest your Funds without Stories?

This management platform that provides a wide range of financial services.which includes interests across foreign exchange,crypto(BTC , ETH) trading, transportation...We believe in the creation of multiple income streams for sustainable wealth.

Join today and start making extra money daily on your secured Dashboard,if Interested visit the website

WEBSITE
W W W. H E R O S P H E R E. C L U B
Re: Pregnancy, Drug Test: Covenant University Subtly Reacts To Allegations (video) by dexterautonomy(m): 7:19pm On Sep 29, 2020
Re: Pregnancy, Drug Test: Covenant University Subtly Reacts To Allegations (video) by PureGoldh(m): 7:20pm On Sep 29, 2020
Hmm
Re: Pregnancy, Drug Test: Covenant University Subtly Reacts To Allegations (video) by Bigbishung(m): 7:20pm On Sep 29, 2020
everything is going to be alright

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy, Drug Test: Covenant University Subtly Reacts To Allegations (video) by Nobody: 7:20pm On Sep 29, 2020
Some foolish people will still come here and blame Buhari
Re: Pregnancy, Drug Test: Covenant University Subtly Reacts To Allegations (video) by wirinet(m): 7:20pm On Sep 29, 2020
Abeg which one is medical screening again? The tests no get name?

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy, Drug Test: Covenant University Subtly Reacts To Allegations (video) by babag93: 7:21pm On Sep 29, 2020
Re: Pregnancy, Drug Test: Covenant University Subtly Reacts To Allegations (video) by Mayng01(m): 7:22pm On Sep 29, 2020
K
Re: Pregnancy, Drug Test: Covenant University Subtly Reacts To Allegations (video) by sylarada(f): 7:22pm On Sep 29, 2020
Cool
Re: Pregnancy, Drug Test: Covenant University Subtly Reacts To Allegations (video) by Mayng01(m): 7:22pm On Sep 29, 2020
I hope the op is not victimized
Re: Pregnancy, Drug Test: Covenant University Subtly Reacts To Allegations (video) by CornerDot: 7:23pm On Sep 29, 2020
Enjoy 50% 'Naija 60th Independence' discount on my 500gb brand new external hard disks Pre-loaded with top rated video courses in the following in-demand I.T skills of 2020s.
-Programming
-Web development
-Data Science
-Cybersecurity & Ethical hacking
-Cloud Computing(Google, Microsoft & AWS)
-SQL
-Mobile App Development
-Your Additional Request(if any)

No Pre-requisite is required to learn & master any of these courses. Basic knowledge of operating computer is more than enough & curiosity to learn new technology.. About 15 highly rated courses under each section totally thousands of videos. Also included are softwares, hundreds of best-selling ebooks, compilers, hands on projects, professional exam prep guide e.t.c Total Size is now over 400 gigabytes. What'sapp me (Timothy) on +234-806-494 32 97 for more details(Pay on delivery)
Re: Pregnancy, Drug Test: Covenant University Subtly Reacts To Allegations (video) by IamWonderful: 7:24pm On Sep 29, 2020
Rules are rules, you see covenant as the best private university in Nigeria before you go there, abide by the rules, if they don't want pregnant and drug addict, go to chukuemeka odumegun Ojukwu university that accept drug traffickers, drug addicts/abusers, unwanted pregnancies, fugitives, whoremongers and warmongers.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Pregnancy, Drug Test: Covenant University Subtly Reacts To Allegations (video) by luckgood(m): 7:24pm On Sep 29, 2020
If you don't have good thing to say, don't say nothing-Please. Thank you.

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Strike: FG Breaks ASUU’s Rank, To Release Withheld Salaries Of Medical Lecturers / Waec Gce: How Much? / A Quick Notice For All Student Looking For Admission Into University Of Ilorin

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.