Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,996 members, 7,806,891 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 06:28 AM

Burna Boy Shades Sowore Over Fela, Revolution Now Protest - Celebrities (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Burna Boy Shades Sowore Over Fela, Revolution Now Protest (53876 Views)

Seun Anikulapo Kuti Warns People Over Fela... / Grammy: Burna Boy Shades Davido “E No Choke Again, E Hang” (Video) / I F*cked Yo Baby Mama & Played ‘fortnite’ With Yo Son” – Soulja Boy Shades Tyga (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Burna Boy Shades Sowore Over Fela, Revolution Now Protest by blingxx(m): 8:43am On Sep 30, 2020
Luftwaffe:
Burna Boy also became a Fela fan AFTER he died. #Hypocrite

Burnaboy was still a toddler when fela died.. Invalid point sir

6 Likes

Re: Burna Boy Shades Sowore Over Fela, Revolution Now Protest by blingxx(m): 8:45am On Sep 30, 2020
backnbeta:
Rrotests will never ever work in this country and our leaders know that, hence their continued disrespect for us. If a Yoruba man leads a protest in Nigeria, Igbos will slander him, those who don't share his religious sentiment will slander him. If an Igbo man leads a protest, Yorubas and Ijaws will slander him... until we realise we are fighting a common enemy and fight in agreement, we can't achieve much in terms of protests undecided

A very brilliant comment.. Tribal bigots will ignore this kind of comment like plague.. Until we realize we are our own problem

1 Like

Re: Burna Boy Shades Sowore Over Fela, Revolution Now Protest by Akachai2030(m): 8:45am On Sep 30, 2020
Hoodgod:
sowore is a typical Nigeria politician trying to get to power using protest ideology,Burna boy has touched lives both home & abroad with his Afro pop fusion,sowore don’t drag burna to your fail course..burna is still an Africa giant,the same sowore media platforms aided buhari and his cohorts into power.same politician same evil men,same government,since the days of baba fela�
does Burna boy know you, when he comes out to join sowore, that alone will ginger other celebrities who want a better Nigeria that way shows he has impacted directly or indirectly.
Re: Burna Boy Shades Sowore Over Fela, Revolution Now Protest by craves(m): 8:46am On Sep 30, 2020
That's a very childish and immature form of invitation from sowore. You don't invite people by castigation. Nobody dey feed anybody. Everyone have their one mind and views about Nigeria

If I were burna, I would add insult to the reply

Meanwhile

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Burna Boy Shades Sowore Over Fela, Revolution Now Protest by Angelfrost(m): 8:46am On Sep 30, 2020
Alexgeneration:
Burna boy is a big coward. He thinks it's all about smoking baskets of weed and wearing pant on stage.

Even if he thinks Sowore is deceitful, he can form his own group and lead them to protest and not chickening out when given the opportunity to show his mettle.

Why exactly should he??! Why should he be more bothered than the teeming millions of suffering, jobless, hopeless, depressed, and oppressed youths across the nation??!... The very same youths who spend money, time, and energy on mundane nonsense like BBNaija??! The very same morons who contribute millions for ridiculously expensive gifts for pseudo-celebrities??!... What youths are worth sacrificing his status, wealth, career, and peace of mind for??! The same ones who support criminal and useless politicians all because they hail from their states??! The ones who indulge freely in bigotry??!

Please, free Burna abeg!!!... Only a fool will cast pearls before swine!!! I have ceased to pity most Nigerian youths!!!

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Burna Boy Shades Sowore Over Fela, Revolution Now Protest by Akachai2030(m): 8:46am On Sep 30, 2020
blingxx:

Burnaboy was still a toddler when fela died.. Invalid point sir
were you there
Re: Burna Boy Shades Sowore Over Fela, Revolution Now Protest by Nobody: 8:46am On Sep 30, 2020
Both Sowore and Burnaboy have a sense of what they want but are terrible at delivery

Sowore - you don't taunt/pressure someone into doing what you want or meeting your own interest or personal opinions - the way to go about it is to appeal to the target's conscience or backlash from his own fans such that it will make him initiate the necessary steps to attend your protest without losing face.

Burnaboy - as a celebrity, you do not address controversy directly, that is the work of your spokesman - Nigerian celebrities do not know what a PR engagement is used for so they have gengs, social-media trolls, nairaland - be-be-be-be, bloggers and influencers to attack controversy.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Burna Boy Shades Sowore Over Fela, Revolution Now Protest by Ubykcee(m): 8:47am On Sep 30, 2020
backnbeta:
Rrotests will never ever work in this country and our leaders know that, hence their continued disrespect for us. If a Yoruba man leads a protest in Nigeria, Igbos will slander him, those who don't share his religious sentiment will slander him. If an Igbo man leads a protest, Yorubas and Ijaws will slander him... until we realise we are fighting a common enemy and fight in agreement, we can't achieve much in terms of protests undecided
Re: Burna Boy Shades Sowore Over Fela, Revolution Now Protest by PHIPEX(m): 8:48am On Sep 30, 2020
But must everyone join Sowore's protest to be relevant?
Re: Burna Boy Shades Sowore Over Fela, Revolution Now Protest by blingxx(m): 8:48am On Sep 30, 2020
Akachai2030:
were you there
Burnaboy is 29 sir
Re: Burna Boy Shades Sowore Over Fela, Revolution Now Protest by Tulsaguy: 8:48am On Sep 30, 2020
Until DSS, NGRPolice begin looking for Burna boy for telling Buhari the truth about misgovernance, nepotism,tribalism etc people shouldn't take that low Budget Idris Abdulkareem serious.

MKO, OBJ, IBB dread Fela's shadow. Who is afraid of Burna boy.....

His songs inspires nothing.

1 Like

Re: Burna Boy Shades Sowore Over Fela, Revolution Now Protest by ZZ22: 8:50am On Sep 30, 2020
How many people did Sowore call to join him when he was selling Buhari as the next best thing

2 Likes

Re: Burna Boy Shades Sowore Over Fela, Revolution Now Protest by fineguy11(m): 8:50am On Sep 30, 2020
Luftwaffe:
He was a kid when fela died! Your assertion doesn't hold

1 Like

Re: Burna Boy Shades Sowore Over Fela, Revolution Now Protest by Akachai2030(m): 8:50am On Sep 30, 2020
Jahwinaboy:
What's ur point exactly buffalo?
black pot calling kettle black. My point is do not say what you don't know oga period, if na to comment on bbn you go dey top list.
Re: Burna Boy Shades Sowore Over Fela, Revolution Now Protest by edoairways: 8:51am On Sep 30, 2020
Parisian:
Yele is not the same. He has shown that.

I could say the say about but a boy that musicians are all crackheads who lead a dysfunctional lifestyle chasing women, drugs and alcohol

Since 1993, Yele has been and still faces persecution from the government.

Burns just used this rubbish reply as an excuse.
Buena boy gave a perfect response
Re: Burna Boy Shades Sowore Over Fela, Revolution Now Protest by DLuciano: 8:51am On Sep 30, 2020
Esseite:
Burna boy just showed how daft and brainless he and his crew are... with all the songs and lyrics of chain, politicians, killings, bondage, Government blah blah blah etc, and then you tweet this as response..

A better response could have been "Thank you for the recognition, but the struggles of Africans needs much more than just me"..

@Esseite you are automatically appointed Burna boy special media aide, he doesn't have one and have been searching shocked shocked shocked
Re: Burna Boy Shades Sowore Over Fela, Revolution Now Protest by Akachai2030(m): 8:52am On Sep 30, 2020
blingxx:

Burnaboy is 29 sir
boss how you take sebi
Re: Burna Boy Shades Sowore Over Fela, Revolution Now Protest by richmanrichard: 8:53am On Sep 30, 2020
sowore shud leave burna alone n clear d mess he created. the same sowore that helped bring in this incompetent government. sai baba!
Re: Burna Boy Shades Sowore Over Fela, Revolution Now Protest by manunitedbabes: 8:53am On Sep 30, 2020
grin cheesy
Re: Burna Boy Shades Sowore Over Fela, Revolution Now Protest by Angelfrost(m): 8:54am On Sep 30, 2020
Tulsaguy:
Until DSS, NGRPolice begin looking for Burna boy for telling Buhari the truth about misgovernance, nepotism,tribalism etc people shouldn't take that low Budget Idris Abdulkareem serious.

MKO, OBJ, IBB dread Fela's shadow. Who is afraid of Burna boy.....

His songs inspires nothing.

Honestly, I only know of him from what I read online... That last thing I will do is download or listen to his songs (My attitude to most contemporary Naija musicians tbh).

I have delicate eardrums. I can't subject them to pointless noise!!! grin

2 Likes

Re: Burna Boy Shades Sowore Over Fela, Revolution Now Protest by usebog: 8:55am On Sep 30, 2020
To join na by force?
Re: Burna Boy Shades Sowore Over Fela, Revolution Now Protest by Ifyz0001: 8:56am On Sep 30, 2020
Burna boy should have simply said he just wants to face his career head-on.

He would have just said he is not mature enough to fight bad policies and politicians in this country.

This response should have just been the best.

I'm not surprised, who will want to bite the fingers that constantly feeds them. You don't expect our small boys (musicians) to support any protest. Unlike the 21yrs old man that successfully carried out a couple in Mali.

Our influencers (musicians) obviously don't know how powerful they are.
Re: Burna Boy Shades Sowore Over Fela, Revolution Now Protest by PenSniper: 8:56am On Sep 30, 2020
Sowore the clown.
Re: Burna Boy Shades Sowore Over Fela, Revolution Now Protest by Jaqenhghar: 8:57am On Sep 30, 2020
samincredible44:
let just divide this country abeg. wahala too much,sowore wait make burna win Grammy first

....and na grammy go make una wahala disappear abi.
Re: Burna Boy Shades Sowore Over Fela, Revolution Now Protest by Angelfrost(m): 8:57am On Sep 30, 2020
edoairways:

Buena boy gave a perfect response

Not really!!!... His response reeks of poor upbringing, lack of class or etiquette, and low intellect!!!

Someone addressed you with respect and courtesy, it's just commonsense to accord him the same even while declining his offer.

We should learn to call out the very artistes we like when they err... This doesn't mean we are no longer fans.

That's why they all keep misbehaving and fooling around!!!
Re: Burna Boy Shades Sowore Over Fela, Revolution Now Protest by Jaqenhghar: 8:58am On Sep 30, 2020
ThreeEyedRaven:
Epic reply
Every reply na epic.
Re: Burna Boy Shades Sowore Over Fela, Revolution Now Protest by Nobody: 8:58am On Sep 30, 2020
Those of you telling burna to protest must be very silly, una go dey una House dey send somebody else pickin to go put hand for fire, burna boy u too wise, don't join any rubbish protest
Re: Burna Boy Shades Sowore Over Fela, Revolution Now Protest by Alexgeneration(m): 8:59am On Sep 30, 2020
blacknp:
Shut up, go and protest yourself, how many protest did Fela participate in? Burna Boys & Fela’s message is ideological, not for basket brains like yours, haven’t you heard the Revolution will not be televised? When Fela was alive did your parents, or Grand Parents allow you to listen to “Abami Eda”? didn’t they tag Fela an Igbo smoking Lunatic?, Follow Follow people, go and protest yourself if you feel soo aggrieved.
I don't need to furnish you about my activism in school or how we marched to NLC hqtr to demand for our right.It might not be much but it sure count for something.

When Fela mother died, perhaps it was you who helped him to protest and take the body to the military barracks.

A cowardly cultist who is always yapping about the dehumanisation of his fellow countrymen can't even lead ordinary protest but comes first if it's to steal people's concept and art to sell their wack music.

Tell your wack Fela wannabe to stop using Fela's sound and act for clout because he is dumb coward.

3 Likes

Re: Burna Boy Shades Sowore Over Fela, Revolution Now Protest by 3IRD: 9:00am On Sep 30, 2020
Luftwaffe:

Dey try read sometimes
Re: Burna Boy Shades Sowore Over Fela, Revolution Now Protest by Thonee(m): 9:00am On Sep 30, 2020
Politicians are same everywhere, trusting them is dangerous too but Burna can never be Fela.
Re: Burna Boy Shades Sowore Over Fela, Revolution Now Protest by Jahwinaboy(m): 9:00am On Sep 30, 2020
Akachai2030:
black pot calling kettle black. My point is do not say what you don't know oga period, if na to comment on bbn you go dey top list.
U don't just conclude my brother. I personally hate bbn with passion. I only read about it here on nairalander. BTW, I am not against a protest but the credibility of organizers of such matters. I like Sowore but his affiliation with APC back then raises dust. 2face proposed/cancelled protest was even building massive momentum until he chickened out. From his music and non affiliation to politicians, 2face was unquestionably. Nigerians are wiser now. U need wise up too
Re: Burna Boy Shades Sowore Over Fela, Revolution Now Protest by ZZ22: 9:00am On Sep 30, 2020
blacknp:
Shut up, go and protest yourself, how many protest did Fela participate in? Burna Boys & Fela’s message is ideological, not for basket brains like yours, haven’t you heard the Revolution will not be televised? When Fela was alive did your parents, or Grand Parents allow you to listen to “Abami Eda”? didn’t they tag Fela an Igbo smoking Lunatic?, Follow Follow people, go and protest yourself if you feel soo aggrieved.
no be small follow follow. They are wired to follow anywhere it trends. Should Sowore reverse to telling them OH support Buhari for third term, oh Buhari is the best Nigeria can offer they will foolishly follow him.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Mohbad: Naira Marley And Sam Larry At Yaba Magistrate Court / Dbanj & Girlfriend Bonang At The MTV Africa Red Carpet / Flavour Pictured With A Beauty Queen In Ghana

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.