Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,036 members, 7,807,111 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 09:42 AM

Geophysics Vs Geology - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Geophysics Vs Geology (614 Views)

Best Federal Uni To Study Masters Program In Geology Or Geophysics? / Is Geophysics A Good Course To Study / Many Geologists Are Riding Okada - Olugbenga Okunlola, UI Professor Of Geology (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Geophysics Vs Geology by kowasco(m): 9:34pm On Sep 29, 2020
Please nairalanders which is the best between geophysics and geology in Nigeria in terms of employment and salary
Re: Geophysics Vs Geology by BestGospelMusic: 9:39pm On Sep 29, 2020
kowasco:
Please nairalanders which is the best between geophysics and geology in Nigeria in terms of employment and salary

Both are ok. Which ever you pick, there are certifications to augment and improve your chances of survival in the industry (energy and environment).
Just do your best and know that education is not just BSc but your overall self-development.

1 Like

Re: Geophysics Vs Geology by kowasco(m): 10:31pm On Sep 29, 2020
BestGospelMusic:

Both are ok. Which ever you pick, there are certifications to augment and improve your chances of survival in the industry (energy and environment).
Just do your best and know that education is not just BSc but your overall self-development.
thank you sir but am considering geophysics

1 Like

Re: Geophysics Vs Geology by olawalepopoola: 7:17am On Sep 30, 2020
I will prefe you go for Geology.
Geology has more opportunities to diversify into other related fields in the future.
As a Geologist after your first degree you can be absorbed back into the following courses:
1. Environmental Science
2. Environmental Health
3. Remote Sensing and GIS.
4. Geophysics itself
5. Petroleum Engineering
6. Soil science
7. Water resources engineering
8. Geotechnical/Civil engineering
9. Astronomy
10. Mineral processing.
And many more....

1 Like

Re: Geophysics Vs Geology by sinkhole: 9:28am On Sep 30, 2020
olawalepopoola:
Geology has more opportunities to diversify into other related fields in the future.
As a Geologist after your first degree you can be absorbed back into the following courses:
1. Environmental Science
2. Environmental Health
4. Geophysics itself
5. Petroleum Engineering
6. Soil science
9. Astronomy
10. Mineral processing.
And many more....
You're right but that number 9, wouldn't it rather be Astrophysics instead of Astronomy. Somebody can even do planetary geology/geophysics!
Re: Geophysics Vs Geology by kowasco(m): 10:20am On Sep 30, 2020
olawalepopoola:
1. Environmental Science
2. Environmental Health
4. Geophysics itself
5. Petroleum Engineering
6. Soil science
9. Astronomy
10. Mineral processing.
And many more....
it also applies to geophysics
Re: Geophysics Vs Geology by JoanneRob: 10:36am On Apr 28, 2021
I am also interested in learning more about geology because my son is interested in this subject. In fact, he loves everything related to the earth since early childhood. And his room is more like a scientist's room. I found out that there are Universities that provide free online courses in geology. You can find this information on Google. Besides, the Geology Buzz blog contains many exciting things about geology, and you may find it helpful. If you can tell me if geology is a promising career, I'd appreciate it. I'd like my son to have a good career with a decent salary.
Re: Geophysics Vs Geology by oloyeagbaakin(m): 1:27am On Jun 27, 2023
I prefer Geophysics I have MSc in Geophysics currently

(1) (Reply)

Which Course Do I Go For First / Top 100 Questions And Answers From 2021 Jamb Novel (the Life Changer) / What Makes You Proud Of Your Country?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.