Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,963 members, 7,806,787 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 12:06 AM

BRT Bus Kills 2 People In Lagos - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / BRT Bus Kills 2 People In Lagos (30133 Views)

Government Bus Kills Student In Ibadan. Driver Attacked (Photos) / Accident Caused By Oil Spillage From A Bus Kills 3 In Imo State (Graphic Photos) / Accident Involving Tipper & A Bus Kills Many In Edo This Morning (Graphic Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: BRT Bus Kills 2 People In Lagos by azpekuliar: 12:29pm On Sep 30, 2020
Bmaster:
where you got that additional info from?

And besides,the picture you posted is a picture of a tipper and BRT,
Where is the bike ?

I live close to the scene of the accident, so I saw the aftermath on my way to work this morning. I saw the wrecked remains of the Okada. I also saw the bodies (already in bodybags) being loaded onto a pickup truck. This was about 6:45am this morning.
Re: BRT Bus Kills 2 People In Lagos by Nobody: 12:30pm On Sep 30, 2020
kingvick09:
Those brt over speed too much nd those foolish bike men too no go dey observe well ... Na God they save person o ,i still enter bike from egbeda go ikeja yesterday omo na one mind oo cause na one way the guy pass cause of those stupid so called task force.... The traffic go just force you enter bike......rip to the dead

You've said it all bro. That route is somehow and even though you want to be law abiding, you have no choice than to take bikes to meet up with appointments. But bike men behave like fools who don't value their own lives, that's why I avoid it when I'm not driving...

Those BRT guys too are usually inconsiderate, they believe just because the route is theirs they can hit anyone and go scot-free, that's just clearly wrong.

Either ways, the blame is going to the bikeman cos that's the law for you... You don't pass a dedicated lane, it's a contravention of the law. RIP to the dead...
Re: BRT Bus Kills 2 People In Lagos by Denique(f): 12:31pm On Sep 30, 2020
EzzyCarter:

Iwo ati tani? undecided

grin

“The two boat of us”

Re: BRT Bus Kills 2 People In Lagos by Eberex(m): 12:31pm On Sep 30, 2020
There is a law. Adhere to it. The okadas are to blame, period.

3 Likes

Re: BRT Bus Kills 2 People In Lagos by wellmax(m): 12:41pm On Sep 30, 2020
kingvick09:
Those brt over speed too much nd those foolish bike men too no go dey observe well ... Na God they save person o ,i still enter bike from egbeda go ikeja yesterday omo na one mind oo cause na one way the guy pass cause of those stupid so called task force.... The traffic go just force you enter bike......rip to the dead

You know nothing about this road, There is no way for the BRT to overspeed in this corridor. The Okada are usually very careless, overspeed and overtake anyhow. In the last one month this will make it the 6th death i have witnessed at Pleasure bustop. Two of the previous accident happened outside the BRT lanes, they were driving one way as usual.
All the blame goes to the careless Okoda riders and drivers

3 Likes

Re: BRT Bus Kills 2 People In Lagos by Brushstrokes20: 12:42pm On Sep 30, 2020
Most brt bus drivers drivers like Lunatics high on cow dung!
Re: BRT Bus Kills 2 People In Lagos by PrinceGallant: 12:43pm On Sep 30, 2020
Ennyhorlar:
We got an update now that the people involved in the accident actually stole the bike in abeokuta.

They lost their lives at the scene

When?
Re: BRT Bus Kills 2 People In Lagos by adenigga(m): 12:50pm On Sep 30, 2020
Consequences of lawlessness & disobedience!

See the end result.

Re: BRT Bus Kills 2 People In Lagos by SolidGains: 12:52pm On Sep 30, 2020
kingvick09:

Law breakers...BRT lanes are dedicated lanes for BRT Buses Alone...why use a lane you are not supposed to use?

Law breakers must pay the penalty...at times, the penalty could be as expensive as death.

Obey the Laws of the Land. PERIOD

3 Likes

Re: BRT Bus Kills 2 People In Lagos by juman(m): 12:55pm On Sep 30, 2020
Those people that destroyed the bus should be arrested and jailed.

3 Likes

Re: BRT Bus Kills 2 People In Lagos by lexy2014: 12:57pm On Sep 30, 2020
kingvick09:

D story says d bike was riding on brt lane

2 Likes

Re: BRT Bus Kills 2 People In Lagos by juman(m): 12:57pm On Sep 30, 2020
Dont allow bike man kill you.
Riding on brt lane is death sentence declared on yourself by yourself.

3 Likes

Re: BRT Bus Kills 2 People In Lagos by lexy2014: 12:58pm On Sep 30, 2020
Brushstrokes20:
Most brt bus drivers drivers like Lunatics high on cow dung!

Didn't u read d part of d story that said d bike was in brt lane?

2 Likes

Re: BRT Bus Kills 2 People In Lagos by hadaydhollarpo(m): 1:05pm On Sep 30, 2020
kingvick09:
The earlier commuters caution them the better. Many of those riders dey jazz. If persin die na OYO.

1 Like

Re: BRT Bus Kills 2 People In Lagos by Eriokanmi: 1:11pm On Sep 30, 2020
Such can only happen in a state where human lives don't matter,where money is loved more than life. The way those drivers speed is scary. Why didn't they burn the useless bus sef?
Re: BRT Bus Kills 2 People In Lagos by Brushstrokes20: 1:17pm On Sep 30, 2020
lexy2014:

Didn't u read d part of d story that said d bike was in brt lane?
My assertion is from personal experience over a long period of time and not limited this particular incident.
Re: BRT Bus Kills 2 People In Lagos by Jazzafizzy(f): 1:33pm On Sep 30, 2020
EzzyCarter:

If your info is true, then this is what we call nemesis served hot. Sushi style . Lmao. Plus the owner of the motorcycle's head is very hard, if you know you know grin
Don't Bleep with abeokuta people oo . Na die hard ogume u dey see so
Re: BRT Bus Kills 2 People In Lagos by jidxin(m): 1:37pm On Sep 30, 2020
NeoWanZaeed:
hmmmm..

dumb governor
by not allowing the okada to move on BRT Lane? You are the one dumb here
Re: BRT Bus Kills 2 People In Lagos by NeoWanZaeed(m): 1:38pm On Sep 30, 2020
jidxin:
by not allowing the okada to move on BRT Lane? You are the one dumb here

not the reason I called him dumb asshole
Re: BRT Bus Kills 2 People In Lagos by jidxin(m): 1:40pm On Sep 30, 2020
NeoWanZaeed:

not the reason I called him dumb asshole
so what's the reason? At least the subject matter here is the brt okada accident
Re: BRT Bus Kills 2 People In Lagos by ThatFairGuy1: 1:42pm On Sep 30, 2020
I think it's only in Lagos you'll be on bike, you'll hold(with your hands) firm to the seat and be using mind to pray you don't fall off.
Sad

1 Like

Re: BRT Bus Kills 2 People In Lagos by Nobody: 1:59pm On Sep 30, 2020
Bmaster:

Where is the bike ?
The tipper was towing the vandalized BRT away Sir
Re: BRT Bus Kills 2 People In Lagos by Nobody: 2:00pm On Sep 30, 2020
EzzyCarter:

If your info is true, then this is what we call nemesis served hot. Sushi style . Lmao. Plus the owner of the motorcycle's head is very hard, if you know you know grin
Very true
Re: BRT Bus Kills 2 People In Lagos by xcellentgraphic: 2:10pm On Sep 30, 2020
solmus:
undecided

Bus Rapid Transport/transit

Nigeria and avoidable deaths...

Why are Lagosians acting very foolish?! BRT is a metro Transport lane, keep off BRT lane completely just as you keep off train tracks.... BRT busses are designed to speed off just like metro light trains , Tramcars and they can't clutct and brake easily

God bless u sir
Re: BRT Bus Kills 2 People In Lagos by dvkot(m): 2:32pm On Sep 30, 2020
kingvick09:
that's the reason for having them in the first place. What you saying is like blaming a speed train for an accident on its track?

1 Like

Re: BRT Bus Kills 2 People In Lagos by Nobody: 2:50pm On Sep 30, 2020
Bmaster:

Where is the bike ?
How’s that a tipper? that’s a towing truck
Re: BRT Bus Kills 2 People In Lagos by OdefaGirl(f): 2:50pm On Sep 30, 2020
Maybe... this is same reason the police were pursuing the bikeman that was carrying Trickytee's friend....who eventually lost his life during the chase.
Re: BRT Bus Kills 2 People In Lagos by aaking(m): 3:10pm On Sep 30, 2020
Bmaster:

Where is the bike ?

That one no be tipper vehicle na towing vehicle
Re: BRT Bus Kills 2 People In Lagos by Horlami247: 3:10pm On Sep 30, 2020
Babatunde Raji Transportation grin grin grin grin
Re: BRT Bus Kills 2 People In Lagos by Imperare(f): 3:27pm On Sep 30, 2020
diportivo:

and you want me to join ur church service with this ur mindset??

ur pastor must be soooooo proud of u brother undecided
Lmao. Don't take it personal bro. I was looking for some attention. You can join this Thursday 4pm and be blessed

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

3rd Mainland Bridge Is Now Fully Open (See Photos) / Stowaway Boy Thought Arik Plane Was US-Bound / An Overview Of The Loko-oweto Bridge, The Bridge Linking Benue & Nasarawa States

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.