Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,875 members, 7,802,810 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 10:18 PM

Queen Elizabeth II Congratulates Nigeria On 60th Independence Anniversary - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Queen Elizabeth II Congratulates Nigeria On 60th Independence Anniversary (368 Views)

Peter Obi "IRONICALLY" Congratulates Nigeria For Matching China At The COP28 / Arewa Celebrates 60th Independence Day In A Cute Way (Photos) / Dino Malaye Rocks Super Eagle Jersey, Congratulates Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Queen Elizabeth II Congratulates Nigeria On 60th Independence Anniversary by chieyine(m): 4:26pm On Sep 30, 2020
President Muhammadu Buhari has received a message of felicitation from Her Majesty, The Queen of England, on the occasion of Nigeria’s 60th Independence Anniversary, October 1, 2020.

A statement issued by Femi Adesina, Special Adviser to the President (Media and Publicity) in Abuja on Wednesday said the message, conveyed by the British High Commission in Nigeria, read: “It gives me great pleasure to offer my warmest congratulations on the 60th anniversary of Nigeria’s Independence, together with my best wishes for your country’s continued happiness and prosperity.

“The United Kingdom and Nigeria benefit from strong and enduring ties as Commonwealth partners through shared history and most importantly, our people. These are bonds that I hope and believe will flourish long into the future.”

Nigeria got her independence from Great Britain on October 1, 1960.

https://tribuneonlineng.com/queen-elizabeth-ii-congratulates-nigeria-on-60th-independence-anniversary/

Cc lalasticlala mynd44
Re: Queen Elizabeth II Congratulates Nigeria On 60th Independence Anniversary by chieyine(m): 4:26pm On Sep 30, 2020
kiss

The Queen of England is the major reason Nigeria is in this mess.
Uk and her colonial powers spoil Nigeria cry

Anyway

You can check out Alert Your Partner to anonymously notify your partner about sexually transmitted infections
Re: Queen Elizabeth II Congratulates Nigeria On 60th Independence Anniversary by SLAP44: 4:26pm On Sep 30, 2020
chieyine:
President Muhammadu Buhari has received a message of felicitation from Her Majesty, The Queen of England, on the occasion of Nigeria’s 60th Independence Anniversary, October 1, 2020.

A statement issued by Femi Adesina, Special Adviser to the President (Media and Publicity) in Abuja on Wednesday said the message, conveyed by the British High Commission in Nigeria, read: “It gives me great pleasure to offer my warmest congratulations on the 60th anniversary of Nigeria’s Independence, together with my best wishes for your country’s continued happiness and prosperity.

“The United Kingdom and Nigeria benefit from strong and enduring ties as Commonwealth partners through shared history and most importantly, our people. These are bonds that I hope and believe will flourish long into the future.”

Nigeria got her independence from Great Britain on October 1, 1960.

https://tribuneonlineng.com/queen-elizabeth-ii-congratulates-nigeria-on-60th-independence-anniversary/

The happiness is too much, in southern Kaduna the happiness is filling a lot of coffins grin

2 Likes

Re: Queen Elizabeth II Congratulates Nigeria On 60th Independence Anniversary by SmartProf(m): 4:27pm On Sep 30, 2020
One of your own Lord Lugard did a serious damage while in Nigeria in 1914. So you guys handed over a time bomb to us in 1960. Your time bomb plus the ones our leaders have developed has crumbled Nigeria. We also congratulate you for setting us up.

2 Likes

Re: Queen Elizabeth II Congratulates Nigeria On 60th Independence Anniversary by ThreeEyedRaven: 4:28pm On Sep 30, 2020
One of the reasons we are in this mess

1 Like

Re: Queen Elizabeth II Congratulates Nigeria On 60th Independence Anniversary by flyingpig: 4:46pm On Sep 30, 2020
SLAP44:

The happiness is too much, in southern Kaduna the happiness is filling a lot of coffins grin
Aptly put grin
Re: Queen Elizabeth II Congratulates Nigeria On 60th Independence Anniversary by emeijeh(m): 4:50pm On Sep 30, 2020
What is there to celebrate?

Bloodshed since 1960 nonstop cry
Re: Queen Elizabeth II Congratulates Nigeria On 60th Independence Anniversary by prince2pac(m): 4:52pm On Sep 30, 2020
Make I hear word abeg.... Happiness ke joy ni...

Lugard will not have peace even in hell...
Re: Queen Elizabeth II Congratulates Nigeria On 60th Independence Anniversary by Turantula(m): 5:34pm On Sep 30, 2020
May Amadioha strike the useless queen down 10X
Re: Queen Elizabeth II Congratulates Nigeria On 60th Independence Anniversary by Ooni: 5:37pm On Sep 30, 2020
Why is the letter devoid of their usual commitment to the unity of Nigeria?
Re: Queen Elizabeth II Congratulates Nigeria On 60th Independence Anniversary by Nobody: 5:50pm On Sep 30, 2020
Coming from Queen Elizabeth.

Its a Scamgratulations..
Re: Queen Elizabeth II Congratulates Nigeria On 60th Independence Anniversary by Finnese001: 5:58pm On Sep 30, 2020
E no go ever better for lugard wherever he is angry

May he never rest in peace

He will keep turning in his grave till the day angel Micheal will blow the trumpet

(1) (Reply)

Amazing facts about Ibeju-Lekki / 1st Class Alumnus Emerges As 8th Vice-chancellor Of The University Of Uyo / Aba Protest

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.