Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,230 members, 7,780,443 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 02:23 PM

Timothy Ray Brown Dies Of Cancer (First Man Cured Of HIV) - Health (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Timothy Ray Brown Dies Of Cancer (First Man Cured Of HIV) (47694 Views)

Timothy Ray Brown: The First Person Cured Of HIV/AIDS / Paul Arduad, Congolese Gay Dies Of Cancer Of The Anus / I Slept With 180 Prostitutes In 4 Years: Are These Signs & Symptoms Of HIV? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Timothy Ray Brown Dies Of Cancer (First Man Cured Of HIV) by sirtee(m): 7:54pm On Sep 30, 2020
I will.advise everyone to think of what is next after death. Death is inevitable. We must all die whether early or late. What should be Paramount is where will I be heading to. Remember your creator now and give your life to Jesus
Re: Timothy Ray Brown Dies Of Cancer (First Man Cured Of HIV) by 9jaBloke: 7:58pm On Sep 30, 2020
He beat both ailments but death still got him.

Moral: It will come to us all. No one gets out alive.
Re: Timothy Ray Brown Dies Of Cancer (First Man Cured Of HIV) by 9jaBloke: 7:59pm On Sep 30, 2020
He beat both ailments but death still got him.

Moral: No one gets out alive. Valar Morghulis!
Re: Timothy Ray Brown Dies Of Cancer (First Man Cured Of HIV) by ceaser: 8:06pm On Sep 30, 2020
luvyaself95:
Hiv was still lit better at least he will still be alive

He had the two ailments simultaneously. He was treated for the cancer using a stem cell transplant. The stem cell could have been from any compatible donor but they went the extra mile to get not only a compatible donor but also the donor that has genes that are naturally HIV resistant. Thus the recipient was cured of both ailment.

The problem with cancer though is that most are recurrent. There is also year-survival rate for cancer treated patients. Radiotherapy and chemotherapy following transplant are one of the adjunct therapies. Those two procedures in themselves are carcinogenic processes. So a number of these factors may eventually lead to recurrence of the malignancy which he eventually succumbed to, even though the HIV cure was apparently a permanent one.

2 Likes

Re: Timothy Ray Brown Dies Of Cancer (First Man Cured Of HIV) by Regex: 8:06pm On Sep 30, 2020
Death be like: You can run. But you can't hide my little dear.
Re: Timothy Ray Brown Dies Of Cancer (First Man Cured Of HIV) by FunFact: 8:08pm On Sep 30, 2020
This is really sad. HIV made him more susceptible to cancer, the whole shit fûcked up his immune system.
Re: Timothy Ray Brown Dies Of Cancer (First Man Cured Of HIV) by Donspicey: 8:10pm On Sep 30, 2020
MajesticKris:
This life no BALANCE cry
on dat judgement day u go xplain to God why u say The life wey he create no balance...you hear?

1 Like

Re: Timothy Ray Brown Dies Of Cancer (First Man Cured Of HIV) by Starzo: 8:10pm On Sep 30, 2020
Death still catch am Las las
Something must kill a man
Re: Timothy Ray Brown Dies Of Cancer (First Man Cured Of HIV) by Starzo: 8:11pm On Sep 30, 2020
Probably wrong guess but good try tho
SyberKate:
Let me guess, the HIV cure gave him the cancer which eventually killed him
Re: Timothy Ray Brown Dies Of Cancer (First Man Cured Of HIV) by addexx: 8:12pm On Sep 30, 2020
angry na swear? Won shépé fun e ni?

Re: Timothy Ray Brown Dies Of Cancer (First Man Cured Of HIV) by ceaser: 8:13pm On Sep 30, 2020
maestro299:
Lol. There are a number of STDs that are far deadlier than HIV/AIDS though(and incurable as well). So, although abstinence remains the best prevention, if you must have sex with a partner whose infecion status is unknown to you, always use protection- to avoid stories that touch.

Condoms don't offer protection against all STDs. Pubic Lice and genital warts are just some of those.
Re: Timothy Ray Brown Dies Of Cancer (First Man Cured Of HIV) by supercase1(m): 8:18pm On Sep 30, 2020
DenreleDave:
undecided

Did I just see cured for HIv?

Does it mean we can all fvck in peace without using any damn rubber....

I have been hoping to go raw in my life, seems this is a better opportunity grin grin grin grin grin cool cool cool
as a professional doctor I can assure that there is 100% cure to hiv and stds so no fear to dive raw fear cheesy
Re: Timothy Ray Brown Dies Of Cancer (First Man Cured Of HIV) by Arkmanbuddy(m): 8:19pm On Sep 30, 2020
Abi na...he ran from bicycle go jam trailer. Na wa! embarassed

Modified:

Seems the guy was even a gag. gays don't end well.
Re: Timothy Ray Brown Dies Of Cancer (First Man Cured Of HIV) by Orpe7(m): 8:26pm On Sep 30, 2020
Final destination shit
You can run from the Grim reaper
Re: Timothy Ray Brown Dies Of Cancer (First Man Cured Of HIV) by FrancisIgya: 8:26pm On Sep 30, 2020
If he was declared free of the two diseases then why did Leukemia kill him. The entire story needs further explanations.
Re: Timothy Ray Brown Dies Of Cancer (First Man Cured Of HIV) by bogdaddy(m): 8:28pm On Sep 30, 2020
Which kind wahala be this?
Samsimple:
First Man Cured Of HIV Dies Of Cancer

The first person to be cured of HIV, Timothy Ray Brown — known as the “Berlin Patient” – has died after a battle with cancer, the International Aids Society announced Wednesday.

PUNCH NEWSPAPER
Re: Timothy Ray Brown Dies Of Cancer (First Man Cured Of HIV) by Vabasi(m): 8:33pm On Sep 30, 2020
The case of something must kill a man.
Re: Timothy Ray Brown Dies Of Cancer (First Man Cured Of HIV) by MajesticKris: 8:39pm On Sep 30, 2020
This life no balance, in the sense that, He was cured of HIV ,N Died of CANCER

Donspicey:

on dat judgement day u go xplain to God why u say The life wey he create no balance...you hear?
Re: Timothy Ray Brown Dies Of Cancer (First Man Cured Of HIV) by Burruchaga71(m): 8:51pm On Sep 30, 2020
Thought HIV has no cure... How come?
Re: Timothy Ray Brown Dies Of Cancer (First Man Cured Of HIV) by Eternitymedia88: 8:57pm On Sep 30, 2020
One Igbo saying says;

Azota ndu, edebelu onwu!

One thing must kill a human.
Re: Timothy Ray Brown Dies Of Cancer (First Man Cured Of HIV) by Clinghton: 8:58pm On Sep 30, 2020
One thing must kill a man.
Re: Timothy Ray Brown Dies Of Cancer (First Man Cured Of HIV) by Emyogalanya: 9:21pm On Sep 30, 2020
What shall it profit a man to escape from aids and later be killed by cancer?
Re: Timothy Ray Brown Dies Of Cancer (First Man Cured Of HIV) by barinedan(m): 9:21pm On Sep 30, 2020
His village people vowed never to leave h alone and they succeeded
Re: Timothy Ray Brown Dies Of Cancer (First Man Cured Of HIV) by maasoap(m): 9:43pm On Sep 30, 2020
It took two painful and dangerous procedures, but it was a success: in 2008 Brown was declared free of the two ailments , and was initially dubbed “the Berlin Patient” at a medical conference to preserve his anonymity.

He had been living with a recurrence of leukaemia for several months

Stubborn mother fvcker just kept coming back until it claimed his life
Re: Timothy Ray Brown Dies Of Cancer (First Man Cured Of HIV) by Nobody: 9:53pm On Sep 30, 2020
MajesticKris:
This life no BALANCE cry
... Oyaa ! Go balance am ! Since you sabi pass God undecided undecided undecided

Re: Timothy Ray Brown Dies Of Cancer (First Man Cured Of HIV) by samso247(m): 10:03pm On Sep 30, 2020
RIP to the dead..
Pls check my signature below
We buy giftcards at very good rates.
Bring cards let's trade
Re: Timothy Ray Brown Dies Of Cancer (First Man Cured Of HIV) by Earnonline7: 10:38pm On Sep 30, 2020
Oh
Re: Timothy Ray Brown Dies Of Cancer (First Man Cured Of HIV) by Dreyton36: 11:00pm On Sep 30, 2020
Perfect example of something must kill a man
Re: Timothy Ray Brown Dies Of Cancer (First Man Cured Of HIV) by sow4me(m): 11:27pm On Sep 30, 2020
Wahala dey for this life sha �
Re: Timothy Ray Brown Dies Of Cancer (First Man Cured Of HIV) by DahLegend: 4:07am On Oct 01, 2020
Samsimple:
First Man Cured Of HIV Dies Of Cancer

The first person to be cured of HIV, Timothy Ray Brown — known as the “Berlin Patient” – has died after a battle with cancer, the International Aids Society announced Wednesday.

PUNCH NEWSPAPER

Something MUST kill a man. Death : the most CONSTANT thing in life. Life : while you still possess it, live it to the fullest, discover your purpose, achieve your dreams, use your God given talents and gifts. DIE EMPTY !
Re: Timothy Ray Brown Dies Of Cancer (First Man Cured Of HIV) by luvyaself95(m): 4:08am On Oct 01, 2020
ceaser:

He had the two ailments simultaneously. He was treated for the cancer using a stem cell transplant. The stem cell could have been from any compatible donor but they went the extra mile to get not only a compatible donor but also the donor that has genes that are naturally HIV resistant. Thus the recipient was cured of both ailment.

The problem with cancer though is that most are recurrent. There is also year-survival rate for cancer treated patients. Radiotherapy and chemotherapy following transplant are one of the adjunct therapies. Those two procedures in themselves are carcinogenic processes. So a number of these factors may eventually lead to recurrence of the malignancy which he eventually succumbed to, even though the HIV cure was apparently a permanent one.

I think cancer is deadly than HIV because HIV does seem to have final stage which cancer has.
cancer is the worst disease for man kind.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Pinkish Colour Of The Balls, Thigh Area / Sexual Benefits Of Garlic And Vitamin C Combination / One Thing I Did To Clear My Severe Pimples( Pics& Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.