Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,510 members, 7,808,865 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:17 PM

Nick Spencer Committed Suicide By Hanging At His $2.5 Million Mansion - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Nick Spencer Committed Suicide By Hanging At His $2.5 Million Mansion (81940 Views)

Ugochukwu Okpani Allegedly Committed Suicide By Ijeoma Chinonyerem (Photos) / Lady Attempts Commiting Suicide By Jumping Into The River In Lagos (video) / Imo : Man Commits Suicide By Hanging After Incest With Daughter (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nick Spencer Committed Suicide By Hanging At His $2.5 Million Mansion by Nawaao: 5:22am On Oct 01, 2020
Newlywed BP vice president, 61, hanged himself at his £2million home a week after being made redundant, inquest hears

-Nick Spencer, 61, was found dead at his £2million home in Buckinghamshire
-He spent a decade working for the oil giant BP when he was forced to leave
-The father-of-two became depressed and worried about finances, his wife said
-Sitting at Beaconsfield, a Buckinghamshire coroner recorded verdict of suicide

The vice president of British Petroleum hanged himself at his £2million home a week after he was made redundant, a coroner heard today.

Newly-married Nick Spencer, 61, was found dead at his luxury home where he lived with his wife Eve in Buckinghamshire in April.

His inquest heard he spent a decade working for the oil giant BP when he was forced to leave the firm on March 31 this year.

After he was told of the redundancy the successful father-of-two became depressed and worried about managing his finances, Eve told the coroner.

In a statement she said: 'Since he was made redundant he had been depressed.

'He had been looking for a new job and I felt he seemed positive but there was an oil crisis because of Covid-19 and he was worried about remortgaging the house and the finances.

'In the period leading up to his death, he seemed a bit more down and it was the 12th anniversary of a family bereavement.

'On the evening before his death, we watched the news and went to bed. We talked about TV and he came to bed at 2am which was unusually late.

'At 6.40am on April 7 he got up. He was normally an early riser and I went back to sleep. I later went into the study and saw the letters he had written. I opened the one addressed to me and called the police, I was very worried.'

The first police officer to arrive at the home in Beaconsfield, Bucks., discovered Mr Spencer hanged in the house's garage. Eve identified the body as her husband at 10.30am.

Pathologist Dr Steven Corrigan confirmed the cause of death as hanging.

After graduating from Harvard Business School in 1999, Mr Spencer became a general manager at European Refining, directing three refineries across Europe.

He went on to work at ConocoPhillips for the next seven years, tasked with establishing the business in the MENA region.

In October 2009, he joined British Petroleum (BP) as a business unit leader working for the next five years at the largest refinery in the US.

Following his huge success, he was selected as Vice President of Global Refining in November 2014 where he led 7,500 employees with a gross margin of $6 billion.

He stayed in this position until he was made redundant in March this year.

In a report to the inquest a psychiatrist confirmed seeing Mr Spencer on January 18 where he referenced his employment coming to an end, stated he had had suicidal thoughts for a while and even had a specific plan in mind.

Source: https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8790419/amp/BP-vice-president-61-hanged-2million-home-inquest-hears.html

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nick Spencer Committed Suicide By Hanging At His $2.5 Million Mansion by AceRoyal: 5:38am On Oct 01, 2020
Money gives joy but doesn't buy happiness.... tongue

232 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Nick Spencer Committed Suicide By Hanging At His $2.5 Million Mansion by SAMBARRY: 5:39am On Oct 01, 2020
shocked

Where are the vanity Crew?

At least if you were tired of life or your money,you for ask me for my account details and transferred your money to my account.kilo wanbe tiotibe Kuro? Mati send e siena undecided

Okan para e danu undecided

33 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nick Spencer Committed Suicide By Hanging At His $2.5 Million Mansion by Mattressdoctor: 5:41am On Oct 01, 2020
Another death for a solvable situation.

I am the mattress doctor.
Do you know that most spinal cord disorder are aggravated by matterress you lie on. The mattress/foam you lie on should be chosen based on characteristic unique to individuals. I am here to help you sleep better. Relieve stress when you sleep on your bed.

"I have waistpain".This is caused by the mattress you lie on.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nick Spencer Committed Suicide By Hanging At His $2.5 Million Mansion by Nobody: 5:44am On Oct 01, 2020
Sometimes some of these "suicides" are just well disguised professional murders...

Professional assassins will cover any up their tracks to discourage police investigation and the easiest way is to set up a fake suicide.

RIP to the man.

117 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Nick Spencer Committed Suicide By Hanging At His $2.5 Million Mansion by Iceyjayz: 7:09am On Oct 01, 2020
Damn so bad
Re: Nick Spencer Committed Suicide By Hanging At His $2.5 Million Mansion by Nobody: 7:32am On Oct 01, 2020
AceRoyal:
Poverty doesn't buy happiness either! No dy use all these stupid quote motivate yourself

293 Likes 16 Shares

Re: Nick Spencer Committed Suicide By Hanging At His $2.5 Million Mansion by div111(m): 7:43am On Oct 01, 2020
loneprof:
Sometimes some of these "suicides" are just well disguised professional murders...

Professional assassins will cover any up their tracks to discourage police investigation and the easiest way is to set up a fake suicide.

RIP to the man.

Have you watched the movie- Accident man??

8 Likes

Re: Nick Spencer Committed Suicide By Hanging At His $2.5 Million Mansion by Kingnutts(m): 8:16am On Oct 01, 2020
he died like a billion times richer than me.. I no fit shout a beg. . my own is I want to sell my dog or swap.. go through this thread for more information

https://www.nairaland.com/6147806/dog-ragnar-sale-swap-gadgets

8 Likes

Re: Nick Spencer Committed Suicide By Hanging At His $2.5 Million Mansion by HeadShot: 8:16am On Oct 01, 2020
Life no balance...

2 Likes

Re: Nick Spencer Committed Suicide By Hanging At His $2.5 Million Mansion by Balenciagaokey: 8:16am On Oct 01, 2020
shocked
Re: Nick Spencer Committed Suicide By Hanging At His $2.5 Million Mansion by Goldenheart(m): 8:16am On Oct 01, 2020
This life as they say no balance at all

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nick Spencer Committed Suicide By Hanging At His $2.5 Million Mansion by Glaswegian: 8:16am On Oct 01, 2020
Oil money
Re: Nick Spencer Committed Suicide By Hanging At His $2.5 Million Mansion by Goprox9: 8:16am On Oct 01, 2020
AceRoyal:
Re: Nick Spencer Committed Suicide By Hanging At His $2.5 Million Mansion by Benesis: 8:17am On Oct 01, 2020
Upon d monry wey him dong get
So if dem comot am from work him no fit reinvest am
Make steady residual income on the side

13 Likes

Re: Nick Spencer Committed Suicide By Hanging At His $2.5 Million Mansion by GlorifiedTunde(m): 8:17am On Oct 01, 2020
The rich also cry...

You'll never know you need something else untill you have all the money... sad

26 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nick Spencer Committed Suicide By Hanging At His $2.5 Million Mansion by NaijaMutant(f): 8:17am On Oct 01, 2020
This life no balance at all
Re: Nick Spencer Committed Suicide By Hanging At His $2.5 Million Mansion by adioolayi(m): 8:17am On Oct 01, 2020
Na wa o...So, he is so weak to accept new way of life At that age of massive experience, he thinks he doesn't have enough just to give his family a decent comfortable life What exactly is he looking for that life has not given him

People are crazy.

40 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nick Spencer Committed Suicide By Hanging At His $2.5 Million Mansion by Lorechino(m): 8:17am On Oct 01, 2020
W
Re: Nick Spencer Committed Suicide By Hanging At His $2.5 Million Mansion by chronique(m): 8:17am On Oct 01, 2020
Damn! Pretty much understand his plight but suicide wasn't an option. When you are used to earning within certain brackets and you are accustomed to living a certain standard with your expenses, it becomes difficult to manage the moment your earnings drop. There's usually some kind of fear and depression that comes with it. Nevertheless, suicide is not an option.

30 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nick Spencer Committed Suicide By Hanging At His $2.5 Million Mansion by adesegun121(m): 8:17am On Oct 01, 2020
Ok
Re: Nick Spencer Committed Suicide By Hanging At His $2.5 Million Mansion by Zetty177x: 8:17am On Oct 01, 2020
That's why sometimes,it's good to have humble beginnings and suffer wella. If he had gone to Ekpoma university, or Ida Poly and jumped snakes while going to read at night. Or spent most of his life without seeing electricity and drinking impure water, before he had his breakthrough, he would have valued life..

R I P ..but depression is real sha

36 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nick Spencer Committed Suicide By Hanging At His $2.5 Million Mansion by Adedotguy: 8:17am On Oct 01, 2020
sad
Re: Nick Spencer Committed Suicide By Hanging At His $2.5 Million Mansion by Dominiqueismad: 8:17am On Oct 01, 2020
Happy new month
Re: Nick Spencer Committed Suicide By Hanging At His $2.5 Million Mansion by MyVILLAGEpeople(m): 8:17am On Oct 01, 2020
Probably he was murdered.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nick Spencer Committed Suicide By Hanging At His $2.5 Million Mansion by Hndrrxxx(m): 8:18am On Oct 01, 2020
Hh
Re: Nick Spencer Committed Suicide By Hanging At His $2.5 Million Mansion by AceRoyal: 8:18am On Oct 01, 2020
johhhnn:

Poverty doesn't buy happiness either! No dy use all these stupid quote motivate yourself
Yes.... But there are many poor happy people and so many wealthy unhappy people too and vice versa.
Money always gives joy but doesn't guarantee(and cannot buy) true happiness!

Life no balance, nothing is guaranteed irrespective of what you have or not.

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nick Spencer Committed Suicide By Hanging At His $2.5 Million Mansion by Parable007: 8:18am On Oct 01, 2020
AceRoyal:
It's the other way round bro, money gives happiness but can't buy Joy

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nick Spencer Committed Suicide By Hanging At His $2.5 Million Mansion by cocolacec(m): 8:18am On Oct 01, 2020
AceRoyal:
He was killed for cover up.Dont believe in every news you read.Appearance is different from reality,

8 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Lovers Found Dead After Using Sex Enhancing Drug / Hilarious Face Masks Around The World / Man's Lips Swollen After MouthAction With A Lady - Facebook User (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.