Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,779 members, 7,802,392 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 01:38 PM

Macron Calls On Europe To Quit Dependency On US Arms - Foreign Affairs (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Macron Calls On Europe To Quit Dependency On US Arms (22299 Views)

Houthis Knock Out Underwater Cables Linking Europe To Asia - Globes / Coronavirus: Trump Bans Travel From Europe To Us / Turkish President Calls On OIC Leaders To Unite And Confront Israel (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Macron Calls On Europe To Quit Dependency On US Arms by omenka(m): 7:31am On Oct 01, 2020
ignis:
This is a brilliant man thinking outside the box. Over dependency is modern day slavery.

Nigeria is in bondage today because she depends on other countries for virtually everything including the crude oil God graciously blessed us with.

Change the *crude oil* to PETROLEUM PROCUCTS sir.

We don't depend on anyone for crude oil, we depend on them for the products derived there from. cool
Re: Macron Calls On Europe To Quit Dependency On US Arms by Dayvidblue: 7:33am On Oct 01, 2020
Oga, you don't mean anything, na so so dust you just dey yan.
"Many men have been silenced" indeed, stop coming here with fake news pretending to have some Intel on happenings around the world.
Mtchewwww.

alexistaiwo:
USA military hardware industry is a trillion dollar sector and a very important component of the USA economy.

Greater men have been covertly "silenced" by the USA for trying to disrupt lesser sectors.

....... If you know what I mean cheesy
Re: Macron Calls On Europe To Quit Dependency On US Arms by Dayvidblue: 7:37am On Oct 01, 2020
Why use this app if I can employ WhatsApp for international calls using my data bundle?

YungMike:
If Europe is fully ready or equipped to depend on her own weapons. Then it's a good idea not to depend on US.... Else, na express dem dey go o..

Meanwhile, If you've anyone traveling outside Nigeria or a Nigerian living outside the country that wants a calling service that'd enable him/her call family and friends in Nigeria at a very cheap rate.

With "Smile Voice App" you'll have a local number and call Nigerian numbers for as low as #510 for 65mins, #1020 for 135mins and #3070 for 430mins.

It is far more better than ROAMING. You won't be billed for receiving call. The caller will also be charged at the normal local operator rate.

Benefits:
1. Super Clear voice call
2. Cheap and affordable low call rate compared to roaming.
And so much more.

To get registered and activated on the smile voice service, Kindly check our signature for our contacts.

1 Like

Re: Macron Calls On Europe To Quit Dependency On US Arms by CaptainMarvel(m): 7:39am On Oct 01, 2020
Daum:

I understand your point
But like I said, it depends on the the time and government.

Go back in history and see what the USSR was doing in the academic and scientific world. They're still doing much no doubt but you can't compare then and now. That's the same for Germany. As at now the Germans are behind. They just want to keep making cars.

The world is talking about hypersonics, china and America are going in that direction. I don't know if Germany is interested. Their own for now is maybe electric Audi cars and wicked Benz products. I love Mercedes benz

We are talking on the context of the topic. I am not asserting that the German's are gearing up for war. The EU cannot be independent of the US military [/b]like Macron is asking,[b] unless it is ready to arm Germany
Re: Macron Calls On Europe To Quit Dependency On US Arms by sammysmiles(m): 7:40am On Oct 01, 2020
Wiseandtrue:

Very true!

But I can understand his argument if he has other alternatives already not just trying to spite these countries

They worked hard to be where they are today!!!

Coming from someone trying to reach out to Vladimir Putin undecided grin grin grin grin grin so what's the difference

No man is an island, it's left for you as a leader to also put something on the table to avoid overpowering from anywhere

Abeg commot for here joor!!!
Oil dey your head... This kine intelligent comment dey sweet my Belle...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Macron Calls On Europe To Quit Dependency On US Arms by Jahwinaboy(m): 7:41am On Oct 01, 2020
EdmundChidera:
France shouldn't be talking about dependency when they are still into modern day slavery with most francophone African nations, how I wishes this European countries will be colonised too like they did to the world in their time of dominance, no matter what what goes around will surely comes around.
You just read my mind. They hold francophone African nation's hostage but complain about America's dominance. African army should be gearing up. World Wars loading...

2 Likes

Re: Macron Calls On Europe To Quit Dependency On US Arms by timay(m): 7:41am On Oct 01, 2020
CaptainMarvel:

listen bro. When it comes to tech, the German are unrivaled. I was privy to read about some German's tech projects that were shut down after the world 2. Their thoughts, even in that time is mind-blowing. Many of the American inventions today were concepts stolen from the Germans after the war. The Irish too are naturally brilliant people. It will interest you to know that a large chunk of today's American scientist are of German and Irish descent

True. The Germans invented a lot of the Military technologies that America has today. There is this Winged Bomber that America has. The B-2 Bomber. It was the Germans that invented the design of that plane during the war. America just took the research and finished the work.
It was Germany that invented the Morden Submarines design, when it was trying to improve the U-boats so that it can be more manuevarable under water.
Re: Macron Calls On Europe To Quit Dependency On US Arms by sammysmiles(m): 7:41am On Oct 01, 2020
aremuforlife:

What do you have to say about the years they have been dependent on American weapons? Moreover, he o ly suggests but not yet put into consideration by the rest of the European union.
Bro she didn't read that post...
Re: Macron Calls On Europe To Quit Dependency On US Arms by sammysmiles(m): 7:44am On Oct 01, 2020
ignis:

Mr. over sabi ITK, sometimes the meaning of a word is in the context.
Did you read that post at all?
Re: Macron Calls On Europe To Quit Dependency On US Arms by akin9ja78(m): 7:46am On Oct 01, 2020
Nah he just a hater, people who know quality n want quality won’t support him. You see USA don’t need anyone the world needs USA

1 Like

Re: Macron Calls On Europe To Quit Dependency On US Arms by timay(m): 7:49am On Oct 01, 2020
martineverest:
the way France and Germany are cheerleading total independency from United States government and American companies is kinda weird

That is because Europe is now in bed with the Chinese. China has already over run Africa
Europe is now their target presently, with the help of Russia. At least, if they can't have Europe, they want to divide it and have some to themselves.
Re: Macron Calls On Europe To Quit Dependency On US Arms by Seerade029: 7:58am On Oct 01, 2020
[s]
timay:

That is because Europe is now in bed with the Chinese. China has already over run Africa
Europe is now their target presently, with the help of Russia. At least, if they can't have Europe, they want to divide it and have some to themselves.
[/s]

Rubbish talk
Re: Macron Calls On Europe To Quit Dependency On US Arms by Blackmann001: 7:59am On Oct 01, 2020
Daum:
I like Macron for one thing. He is trying to reassert France position in the scheme of things in the globe. You can see his activities in Mali and the Sahel region. He is also the only European force showing solidarity with the Greeks against the Turks in the eastern Mediterranean.

But France doesn't have the dollars bills like Germany. Germany doesn't want anything to do with conflict. They just want to keep making Volkswagen cars and Mercedes Benz. Europe is now a sissy Union. During the Libyan war they could not even maintain the no fly zone over Libya. The US had to fill in the gap.

Over the years so many US administrations have systemically weakens the EU and her NATO counterpart by not encouraging them to do more for themselves. Their defense budget is barely up to 2% of their GDP. Thanks to Trump who wants America allies to become stronger. He is doing the same with the Japs. The truth is forget being big boss, our prayer be say make e no be only us get for our circle. E go make sense well if everybody for our circle hold their side well.

If that happens and the US pulls out of Europe, then Europe will be taken over by Russia.....

They will b a colony of Kremlin...... I pity eroupe and short sightedness
Re: Macron Calls On Europe To Quit Dependency On US Arms by Dayvidblue: 8:00am On Oct 01, 2020
akin9ja78:

Nah he just a hater, people who know quality n want quality won’t support him. You see USA don’t need anyone the world needs USA

Son, you don't know what you're saying, go back to sleep.
Re: Macron Calls On Europe To Quit Dependency On US Arms by coronavirus19: 8:09am On Oct 01, 2020
Wetin this one dey talk
othermen:
Europe should be an adult already.

Trump's America foreign policy is looking like an emphasis on its own domestic problems and inadequacy. The UK made a similar choice in the 20th century.

It is costly to be the world superpower and when the position had better returns, and Europe and its racist ideology scrambled and partitioned Africa, and looted and derived all they could- they yet knew the cost, when the war came.

The war is coming.

America may burn from inside looking at the extremism from the left and the unhinged media seeking to see it burn. There are powerful nations that are sponsors to this. China has the intelligence to be.

This would be America's primary distraction from those who want Trump's America to protect them yet wouldn't meet their obligation to NATO.

China is approaching the resurrection of Genghis Khan; and again it would be the superior race.

Soon the repercusion of migration will begin as the seeds of Islam is awaken, and it will spreads its tentacles as it should, where there shall be none except Almighty Allah.

Europe would regret its contention with America about IRAN, because it would get its nuclear weapon and thereafter destabilise its region, then save el zakzaky and empower him to be emperor over Nigeria and IRAN would be the first force but China would still be standing, the only liberator, in its time to dominate the world as China and Islam is like potassium and water. China would require our liberty and subjugation to liberate us. The US would still be in flames, and Europe will be a protectorate of China.

Learn Chinese language today.

3 Likes

Re: Macron Calls On Europe To Quit Dependency On US Arms by Jonasbadoo(m): 8:11am On Oct 01, 2020
CaptainMarvel:
The only EU country that can match or even surpass the U.S military technology is Germany. But unfortunately, the world war 2 had thought the other European countries a lesson. Allowing Germany to harness its full military potential could mean the end for them. Its better to be military-slavic to the US than face Germany's military wrath
And Russia is in another planet?
Hope you know that Russia has more nuclear warheads and better military infrastructures than US
Re: Macron Calls On Europe To Quit Dependency On US Arms by Nobody: 8:11am On Oct 01, 2020
Well Europe is the Most relaxed continent in the world, I'm starting to feel a lot of Europeans are not smart people, they allow American business dominate their market.
Re: Macron Calls On Europe To Quit Dependency On US Arms by Rugaria: 8:14am On Oct 01, 2020
Talk is cheap
Re: Macron Calls On Europe To Quit Dependency On US Arms by Jimi24: 8:15am On Oct 01, 2020
Trump has completely destroyed the US economy with his low brow nationalism. There are consequences to all these thoughtless posturing. Europe is going to be pursuing weapons programs independent of the US. That a potential $3Tr hit to the US economy. They are also going to be major competitors to the US for markets globally.
The US is now cursed to be a poorer, whiter, more isolated, more irrelevant country in world affairs because they put a failed business man misfit in the White House
Re: Macron Calls On Europe To Quit Dependency On US Arms by ignis: 8:19am On Oct 01, 2020
sammysmiles:
Did you read that post at all?

Nope I didn't, please read it for me.
Re: Macron Calls On Europe To Quit Dependency On US Arms by seunmsg(m): 8:23am On Oct 01, 2020
Long overdue. Europe’s over dependence on US for security is no longer fashionable. France, Germany and other EU countries should work out peace with Russia and dump Trump’s America.
Re: Macron Calls On Europe To Quit Dependency On US Arms by shegzhkn: 8:32am On Oct 01, 2020
seanwilliam:
thank God u said IF
meaning it will never happen ??
Re: Macron Calls On Europe To Quit Dependency On US Arms by criuze(m): 8:32am On Oct 01, 2020
since the end of second world war it will be more economically wise for Europe to maintain a peaceful form of economy and good living standard. owing to thier delicate economy it's unwise pursuing maniac armament and nuclear craze like those big poles.

they've fought enough wars and equally seen enough consequences, it's better they concentrate on issues of humanity than dreaming of their strength to nuke out our civilisation
Re: Macron Calls On Europe To Quit Dependency On US Arms by YungMike(m): 8:33am On Oct 01, 2020
Dayvidblue:
Why use this app if I can employ WhatsApp for international calls using my data bundle?

SmileVoice is 100% different from WhatsApp call.

WhatsApp can only call numbers on WhatsApp. SmileVoice can call any number.

Many Nigerians outside the country are actually making use of the service and enjoying it too. Because it's way cheaper than ROAMING. You won't be billed for receiving calls, and the caller will be charged on normal network rate.
The 'smile voice number' it's just like every other regular Nigerian number...starts with 07020******

You can ask other questions for clarifications or check my signature for my WhatsApp contact.
Re: Macron Calls On Europe To Quit Dependency On US Arms by Daum: 8:36am On Oct 01, 2020
Blackmann001:

If that happens and the US pulls out of Europe, then Europe will be taken over by Russia.....

They will b a colony of Kremlin...... I pity eroupe and short sightedness

I don't think Russia can easily over run Europe. It looks easy on paper but I don't see it happening easily
Re: Macron Calls On Europe To Quit Dependency On US Arms by proeast(m): 8:37am On Oct 01, 2020
chrisxxx:
So China has become such a force that a whole Europe including Germany and France would consider themselves bipolarly sandwiched between US and China of all nations?
Nigeria my country please wake.

Honestly, I thought I was the only one that observed that self-insulting statement by Macron. He wasn't smart at all by saying that, and I bet some EU countries will be embarrassed. How can an entire continent, worse still the EU, be subservient to China, a country that is still considered a developing country in some aspects? What a shameful own goal. Now I can see why UK left the EU, they actually did the right thing because it's obviously not worth it.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Macron Calls On Europe To Quit Dependency On US Arms by benjsniper33: 8:38am On Oct 01, 2020
ignis:
This is a brilliant man thinking outside the box. Over dependency is modern day slavery.

Nigeria is in bondage today because she depends on other countries for virtually everything including the petroleum resources that God graciously blessed us with.

Brilliant man ko , brilliant man ni

You should know the France still depends on its former colonial territories in Africa for finance, through economic exploitation.

If ecowas gets its acts right very soon regarding its monetary policies , I hope Mr Macron will still talk about independence.

My dear sister , Mr Macron independence stance is euro-centric, only for European nations .

He doesn’t mean that for African nations

1 Like

Re: Macron Calls On Europe To Quit Dependency On US Arms by timay(m): 8:42am On Oct 01, 2020
proeast:

Honestly, I thought I was the only one that observed that self-insulting statement by Macron. He wasn't smart at all by saying that, and I bet some EU countries will be embarrassed. How can an entire continent, worse still the EU, be subservient to China, a country that is still considered a developing country in some aspects? What a shameful own goal. Now I can see why UK left the EU, they actually did the right thing because it's obviously not worth it.

Well, Even I'd he didn't admit it to the public that China is now among the world powers, the European leaders themselves knows this, so it doesn't make any difference nor does it change their predicament bwiyh the Americans and Chinks
Re: Macron Calls On Europe To Quit Dependency On US Arms by CSTRR: 8:44am On Oct 01, 2020
Germany is asleep.
Let it sleep.

If Germany wakes up, nobody go wait o.
Re: Macron Calls On Europe To Quit Dependency On US Arms by Iko5000: 8:47am On Oct 01, 2020
Short man Macaroni talking from his behind . Without America, China and Russia will run down Europe. Trump 2020

1 Like

Re: Macron Calls On Europe To Quit Dependency On US Arms by Sheriman(m): 8:49am On Oct 01, 2020
loswhite:
When you post without having knowledge...smh
Your Father don't have knowledge

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Twitter Suspends Trump's Account For 12 Hours.. / World Faces Most Dangerous Decade Since WW2 - Putin / Leyla Muhandale, 23-Year-Old Wins Kenyan Assembly Election

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.