Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,946 members, 7,806,740 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 10:16 PM

What Really Happened On October 1st 1960? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What Really Happened On October 1st 1960? (187 Views)

Oct 1st 1960: Last Lowering Of The Union Jack - Akano Salaudeen Historic Role / Obi And Tinubu Supporters Plan Rival Rallies At Lekki Tollgate On October 1st / The Helicopter Gunship Attack In Orlu, Imo Happened On February 14 - Ibekwe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

What Really Happened On October 1st 1960? by AvrilNeuf(m): 8:37am On Oct 01, 2020
So my people, what exactly happened on this day 1960?
How did our fathers fight for the independence?
Was it literally a fight or a dialogue?
How long were we under the British government?
Who are the Nigerians that came up with the idea of becoming independent? {I want a list of their names please}

1 Like

Re: What Really Happened On October 1st 1960? by DenreleDave(m): 8:52am On Oct 01, 2020
Awolowo and some others really fought for Nigeria independence....

I saw awolowo statue at alausa secretariat and I was like one of the greatest man to ever lived in Nigeria.....

A man with the progress of his tribe in mind... If he had the chance to be a president, Nigeria wud av been like London, Tokyo, New York and so on...

Rest on...

Great Awo of The Universe..

(1) (Reply)

President Trump Confirms He, First Lady Melania Trump Tested Positive For Corona / FAAC Allocation Slumps As FG, Lgas, States Share N5.3trn / Police Violations Of Young People's Rights Unacceptable, Annoying-vp Osinbajo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.