Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,021 members, 7,803,427 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 04:01 PM

15 More Good Things President Trump Has Done For America (Updated) - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / 15 More Good Things President Trump Has Done For America (Updated) (1086 Views)

Donald Trump Has Been Impeached! / President Donald Trump Has Been Impeached!! / Donald Trump Has Revealed How Nigerian Politicians Killed Their Country’s Econom (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

15 More Good Things President Trump Has Done For America (Updated) by OLAADEGBU(m): 2:22pm On Oct 01, 2020
15 Good Things President Trump Has Done For America
2:00PM EDT 30/09/2020 WAYNE GRUDEM

(Facebook/The White House)

Editor's Note: This is part 1 of a two-part article. Watch for part 2, coming soon on Charisma News.

President Trump receives nonstop criticism in the press. I agree that criticism is necessary when a President makes mistakes, but where are the voices expressing appreciation for the good things Trump has done? It's unfair always to criticise and never to recognise any of the good things a President has done.

It might be a refreshing change to recall some of the remarkable, nation-changing good things that Trump has accomplished for America. Here is my personal list. At the end of this list, I address the question, "Are these actions an indication of divine judgment or divine blessing on the United States of America?"

Because of space limitations, I have not given extensive arguments explaining why I think these actions are good for the United States. But more extensive arguments can be found in my books Christian Ethics, Politics According to the Bible and The Poverty of Nations.

1. Judges: Trump has appointed two Supreme Court justices, 53 federal appellate judges and 146 District Court judges (as well as two judges for the Court of International Trade ) who have been confirmed by the Senate so far. In addition, 64 more have been appointed and are awaiting Senate confirmation. All of them are committed to interpreting the Constitution and laws according to the original meaning of the words, rather than according to what a modern liberal judge thinks the law should have said.

As an evangelical Christian, I am glad to see that Trump's two Supreme Court appointments have already been responsible for highly significant cases that increase religious freedom, such as the decisions 1) to allow State Aid that is given to non religious schools to be given also to religious schools (Montana decision), 2) to protect the right of religious schools to hire and fire employees based on the school's religious convictions and 3) to allow religious groups to be exempt from Government regulations that would otherwise cause them to violate their consciences in matters of birth control (and, by implication, probably in matters of abortion and same-sex marriage, but that has not yet been tested).

2. Historic tax cuts and deregulation: After eight years of high unemployment and meagre growth under President Obama's administration, the Trump tax cuts of 2017 and Trump's extensive cancelling of excessive Government regulations on businesses have given a tremendous boost to the American economy. An estimated 25,000 pages of regulations have been cancelled, resulting in a savings of $3,100 per household per year. Another result of tax cuts combined with deregulation has been the addition of thousands of new jobs, so that unemployment (before the coronavirus crisis) fell to the lowest point in 50 years, and unemployment among African American and Hispanic workers was the lowest it has ever been in history.

On Election Day 2016 (Nov. 8, 2016), the Dow Jones Industrial Average closed at 18,332.74.
This afternoon (Aug. 28, 2020, at 2:44 p.m.) it stands at 28,618.39 which is an increase of 56% in 3.5 years, even including several months of the coronavirus epidemic. This is remarkable.

These economic changes affect ordinary people's everyday lives, not just wealthy people. Tens of thousands of people who were unemployed have recovered the dignity of steady employment (including getting paid during the coronavirus crisis). Millions of ordinary Americans whose retirement savings are partially invested in the stock market (including my wife and me) are finally receiving some protection and even growth in their savings.

3. Building a stronger U.S. military: Reversing the massive budget cuts that had seriously weakened our military under the Obama administration, President Trump has increased military spending by nearly $150 billion per year from $605 billion in 2016 to $750 billion, steadily rebuilding US military readiness.

4. Protecting unborn babies: Numerous executive orders have increasingly restricted Government funding for abortions (such as the reinstatement of the Mexico City policy). On Feb. 22, 2019, the Trump administration announced that it would not allow organisations that provide referrals for abortions to receive federal family-planning money, which implies a cut in funding for Planned Parenthood (the nation's largest abortion provider) unless they perform abortions in a separate facility and not refer patients to it. And on May 2, 2019, the Trump administration's Department of Health and Human Services issued a new rule protecting health care workers who decline on the basis of conscience or religious conviction to participate in procedures such as abortion or assisted suicide. Trump was the first President ever to personally attend the pro-life March for Life in Washington, D.C., on Jan. 24, 2020.

5. Expanding educational freedom: President Trump appointed Betsy DeVos, one of America's leading advocates for greater school choice, to be Secretary of Education, resulting in rising support for charter schools, taxpayer-funded vouchers and tax credits for private-school vouchers, programmes aimed at expanding options for parents looking beyond traditional public schools as she brings attention to them.

6. Standing with Israel: Reversing President Obama's repeated marginalisation and shunning of Israel, President Trump has reaffirmed our commitment to support and defend Israel. He decisively moved the United States Embassy from Tel Aviv to Jerusalem. He recognised the Golan Heights as part of Israel. He has welcomed Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu to the White House several times and has repeatedly reaffirmed our support for Israel. I recently read in the Jerusalem Post a statement that Israel has never had a better friend in the White House than Donald Trump.

7. Negotiating a historic agreement between Israel and the United Arab Emirates: On Aug.13, 2020, President Trump announced that Israel and the United Arab Emirates (UAE) had come to a historic agreement to establish full diplomatic relations between the two countries, including the establishment of permanent embassies and the beginning of direct airline flights between the two countries. This is important because Dubai, the largest city in the UAE, is the leading financial centre in the Middle East and plays a leading role in world air travel and tourism. The agreement will "strengthen regional checks on Iranian power." It also has the potential to set a pattern for future agreements establishing peaceful relations between Israel and other Arab countries in the Middle East.

8. Actually building a border wall: President Trump has relentlessly battled against Democratic stonewalling and liberal federal judges to build an effective, secure border wall along more than 200 miles of our southern border, and it could possibly reach as much as 450 miles by the end of 2020. Critics object that most of this construction is simply replacing old barriers that were already in place, but they fail to recognise that the Government's first priority has been to secure the highest traffic areas, and in many of those areas the old fence was not up to the job. An effective border wall is absolutely necessary to keep our nation secure and to gain some control over an immigration crisis that has spiralled out of control. It won't stop all illegal immigration, but eventually it will likely stop over 95% of people who try to enter on foot.

This is important, because once the American people feel that the border is secure, it will be much easier to gain the political consensus necessary for a humane and just solution regarding the undocumented immigrants who are already here, and for widespread support for the legal entry of large numbers of immigrants who will contribute much of value to this great nation.

9. Comprehensive immigration reform proposals: President Trump has proposed and worked for sensible, comprehensive reform of our broken immigration system that would change our policy on legal immigration from a system based on extended family connections and randomness to a system based on merit, so that we prioritise admitting people who will be most likely to contribute positively to American society (as well as those who are escaping from genuine threats to their lives in their homelands).

10. Religious freedom and freedom of conscience: President Trump's administration has repeatedly and continually worked to defend religious freedom, and his Justice Department has defended religious freedom in numerous court cases, such as supporting the case of Colorado cake designer Jack Phillips at the Supreme Court (Phillips faced massive fines for politely declining to design a cake celebrating a same-sex wedding), and the right of faith-based organisations not to be forced to provide access to abortifacients through their health care plans, overturning the Obamacare HHS regulation that had forced them to do so.

In addition, in the first year of Trump's Presidency, the Department of Justice issued a strongly worded, 25-page memorandum detailing exceptionally strong protections for religious liberty.

11. Withdrawing from Paris Climate Accord: President Trump wisely and decisively removed United States from the Paris Climate Accord, a radical environmentalist programme which, according to a Heritage Foundation study, would have brought massive increases to U.S. energy prices with no statistically significant benefit to the environment. Doubling or tripling of U.S. energy costs (as under the Paris Climate Accord, according to the Heritage Foundation) would have harmed the poor most of all as they spend the highest portion of their budgets on energy. In addition, it would have cost America more than 206,000 jobs by 2040.

12. Energy production and energy independence: President Trump gave approval to the Keystone pipeline, the Dakota access pipeline and oil production from the Alaska National Wildlife Refuge, a vast uninhabited region which could produce up to 20% of our petroleum needs. His administration has also granted more permits for mining of oil, gas and coal from federal lands. The result has been lower energy prices (which benefits everyone) and also U.S. energy independence so that we are now becoming the leading exporter rather than a net importer of energy.

13. Waterways of the U.S.: The Trump administration's decision to abandon the "waterways of the U.S." policy rightfully returned control of water on private lands to the owners of those lands, rather than the Federal Government seizing control over nearly all waterways in the United States. These rules have hindered farmers, ranchers and developers. American Farm Bureau Chairman Zippy Duvall praised the action, saying: "Farmers and ranchers care about clean water and preserving the land, which are essential to producing healthy food and fiber and ensuring future generations can do the same. That's why we support the new clean water rule. It provides clarity and certainty, allowing farmers to understand water regulations without having to hire teams of consultants and lawyers. We appreciate the commitment of the agencies involved and this administration to crafting a new regulation that achieves important regulatory oversight while allowing farmers to farm. Clean water, clear rules."

14. Halting the increase in Corporate Average Fuel Economy (CAFE) standards: The Trump administration decision halted the Obama-imposed harsh annual increases in projected average miles per gallon required in new cars every year. This decision will lead to more consumer choice and less expensive and safer cars, which is much better than the Democratic policy of ever-higher mileage goals, requiring ever-lighter and smaller cars, which means more dangerous cars and less consumer choice.

15. Defeating ISIS: President Trump gave our military forces the freedom to defeat ISIS and drive them out of large sections of Iraq and Syria, which they did. This is far superior to the Democratic policy of inaction and appeasement, which had allowed ISIS to take over large areas of the Middle East. Under President Trump's leadership, U.S. military forces located and killed ISIS founder and terrorist leader Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi on Oct. 26-27, 2019. President Trump also directed the killing of Iranian terrorist mastermind Qasem Soleimani on Jan. 2, 2020.

https://www.charismanews.com/us/82787-15-good-things-president-trump-has-done-for-america

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 15 More Good Things President Trump Has Done For America (Updated) by Nobody: 2:37pm On Oct 01, 2020
You mean the border wall he promised to make mexico pay for but couldn't fulfill the promise.

The US military has always been great it didn't start with Trump.

Isis has not been totally defeated.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: 15 More Good Things President Trump Has Done For America (Updated) by Coder2Client(m): 2:41pm On Oct 01, 2020
I wonder if any of these things concern Nigerians.

4 Likes

Re: 15 More Good Things President Trump Has Done For America (Updated) by salford1: 3:16pm On Oct 01, 2020
Coder2Client:
I wonder if any of these things concern Nigerians.
Well, the immigration reform has ensured Nigerians find it difficult to migrate to the US. My cousin's wife is stuck in Nigeria for over one year now. Dude is now very active in Atlanta canvasing votes for Biden grin

6 Likes

Re: 15 More Good Things President Trump Has Done For America (Updated) by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:36am On Oct 02, 2020
Holyterrorist:

You mean the border wall he promised to make mexico pay for but couldn't fulfill the promise.

The US military has always been great it didn't start with Trump.

Isis has not been totally defeated.

How do you know Mexico would not or are not paying for the wall? undecided
Re: 15 More Good Things President Trump Has Done For America (Updated) by dermmy(m): 12:29pm On Oct 02, 2020
salford1:

Well, the immigration reform has ensured Nigerians find it difficult to migrate to the US. My cousin's wife is stuck in Nigeria for over one year now. Dude is now very active in Atlanta canvasing votes for Biden grin

I can't fit laugh grin grin grin

3 Likes

Re: 15 More Good Things President Trump Has Done For America (Updated) by Nobody: 1:59pm On Oct 02, 2020
salford1:

grin

2 Likes

Re: 15 More Good Things President Trump Has Done For America (Updated) by OLAADEGBU(m): 3:15pm On Oct 02, 2020
salford1:

Now we know why most of you are against Trump, you've been sent packing. cheesy

1 Like

Re: 15 More Good Things President Trump Has Done For America (Updated) by salford1: 3:27pm On Oct 02, 2020
OLAADEGBU:

Now we know why most of you are against Trump, you've been sent packing. cheesy
I careless. I am Canadian. grin

2 Likes

Re: 15 More Good Things President Trump Has Done For America (Updated) by OLAADEGBU(m): 4:36pm On Oct 02, 2020
salford1:

I careless. I am Canadian. grin

Are you one of those who escaped to Canada? cheesy
Re: 15 More Good Things President Trump Has Done For America (Updated) by salford1: 7:21pm On Oct 02, 2020
OLAADEGBU:

Are you one of those who escaped to Canada? cheesy
Yes. Anything wrong with that grin
Re: 15 More Good Things President Trump Has Done For America (Updated) by OLAADEGBU(m): 9:31pm On Oct 02, 2020
salford1:

Yes. Anything wrong with that grin

Was it the fear of Trump that pursued you from America? cheesy
Re: 15 More Good Things President Trump Has Done For America (Updated) by Timiofak(m): 1:40am On Oct 03, 2020
OLAADEGBU:

To be continued... wink

Na you sabiii for everything wey you talk, my own is, unemployment was at it's lowest when he became president stop lying, you are a Christian sir. The others I won't argue with you, but it's total lies and bullshit, but that unemployment na him I wan clear. Obama became president during the great recession, which is the 2008 recession after a total botch work from a former Republican bush 2nd, he received unemployment at 8.0 percent, during that moment h1n1 happened, that's the swine flu epidemic, but he managed to push it to a 4.7% after 8 years, which you can see in my images, he handed the economy to trump at 4.7% which is a 3.7% reduction in unemployment which trump took over and took it to Around 3.5%, that's just 1.2% reduction considering unemployment, before the COVID pandemic, economist predicted a recession, but let's forget that, you love trump your business but never claim that trump got a bad economy, he was handed a perfect economy, I doubt when he looses come November he would be handing Biden a great economy the way Obama handed him one, well we all can see a clear pattern that Republicans are unfit to rule that country, it's now a pattern, Call it coincidence or luck, Republicans botch up a great economy democrats fix it, assuming you didn't claim to be a Christian I won't call you out, but you did and good Christians shouldn't lie, good day sir.

2 Likes

Re: 15 More Good Things President Trump Has Done For America (Updated) by PrideofLincoln1(m): 1:47am On Oct 03, 2020
That guy you are replying is not a Christian,
He's a Demagogue and a Charlatan who gets his lips stuck on the racist Pig Trump.
Timiofak:

Na you sabiii for everything wey you talk, my own is, unemployment was at it's lowest when he became president stop lying, you are a Christian sir. The others I won't argue with you, but it's total lies and bullshit, but that unemployment na him I wan clear. Obama became president during the great recession, which is the 2008 recession after a total botch work from a former Republican bush 2nd, he received unemployment at 8.0 percent, during that moment h1n1 happened, that's the swine flu epidemic, but he managed to push it to a 4.7% after 8 years, which you can see in my images, he handed the economy to trump at 4.7% which is a 3.7% reduction in unemployment which trump took over and took it to Around 3.5%, that's just 1.2% reduction considering unemployment, before the COVID pandemic, economist predicted a recession, but let's forget that, you love trump your business but never claim that trump got a bad economy, he was handed a perfect economy, I doubt when he looses come November he would be heading Biden a great economy, assuming you didn't claim to be a Christian I won't call you out, but you did and good Christians shouldn't lie, good day sir.

2 Likes

Re: 15 More Good Things President Trump Has Done For America (Updated) by Timiofak(m): 2:00am On Oct 03, 2020
PrideofLincoln1:
That guy you are replying is not a Christian,
He's a Demagogue and a Charlatan who gets his lips stuck on the racist Pig Trump.
lol, me I don't even know I just had to point it out too him that he is saying nonsense, though Obama made some policies I hate like invading Libya and Syria, same has trump, fighting with every major country to pander to his base, but his fanatics won't see that, me I just call out bullshit when I see one sha, Trump didn't handle any economy better.

2 Likes

Re: 15 More Good Things President Trump Has Done For America (Updated) by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:39am On Oct 04, 2020
OLAADEGBU:

To be continued... wink

See:

15 More Good Things President Trump Has Done For America:

https://www.charismanews.com/us/82810-15-more-good-things-president-trump-has-done-for-america
Re: 15 More Good Things President Trump Has Done For America (Updated) by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:58pm On Oct 06, 2020
Timiofak:

Na you sabiii for everything wey you talk, my own is, unemployment was at it's lowest when he became president stop lying, you are a Christian sir. The others I won't argue with you, but it's total lies and bullshit, but that unemployment na him I wan clear. Obama became president during the great recession, which is the 2008 recession after a total botch work from a former Republican bush 2nd, he received unemployment at 8.0 percent, during that moment h1n1 happened, that's the swine flu epidemic, but he managed to push it to a 4.7% after 8 years, which you can see in my images, he handed the economy to trump at 4.7% which is a 3.7% reduction in unemployment which trump took over and took it to Around 3.5%, that's just 1.2% reduction considering unemployment, before the COVID pandemic, economist predicted a recession, but let's forget that, you love trump your business but never claim that trump got a bad economy, he was handed a perfect economy, I doubt when he looses come November he would be handing Biden a great economy the way Obama handed him one, well we all can see a clear pattern that Republicans are unfit to rule that country, it's now a pattern, Call it coincidence or luck, Republicans botch up a great economy democrats fix it, assuming you didn't claim to be a Christian I won't call you out, but you did and good Christians shouldn't lie, good day sir.
"Fake News"

Re: 15 More Good Things President Trump Has Done For America (Updated) by Timiofak(m): 1:00pm On Oct 06, 2020
OLAADEGBU:

"Fake News"

Fake news which I backed up with images. Ok na
Re: 15 More Good Things President Trump Has Done For America (Updated) by PrideofLincoln1(m): 1:34pm On Oct 06, 2020
Timiofak:

You don't know that guy. He's a Charlatan and a Demagogue. There's a special place for his kind in the deepest part of hell.

1 Like

Re: 15 More Good Things President Trump Has Done For America (Updated) by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:35pm On Oct 06, 2020
Timiofak:

Fake polls, fake images from the very fake lamestream media.

1 Like

Re: 15 More Good Things President Trump Has Done For America (Updated) by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:41pm On Oct 06, 2020
PrideofLincoln1:

You don't know that guy. He's a Charlatan and a Demagogue. There's a special place for his kind in the deepest part of hell.

Tell me one thing that makes me a "Charlatan and a Demagogue" or is it because I support President Trump? If yes, then tell me why you support Joe Biden without mentioning Trump. undecided

2 Likes

Re: 15 More Good Things President Trump Has Done For America (Updated) by Timiofak(m): 1:42pm On Oct 06, 2020
OLAADEGBU:

Fake polls, fake images from the very fake lamestream media.
those stats are all from .gov websites.

Did you see any media name on any ���.

But no problem, fake news. Unemployment is very low, thanks to president trump

you better visit a doctor.

1 Like

Re: 15 More Good Things President Trump Has Done For America (Updated) by Timiofak(m): 1:43pm On Oct 06, 2020
OLAADEGBU:

Tell me one thing that makes me a "Charlatan and a Demagogue" or is it because I support President Trump? If yes, then tell me why you support Joe Biden without mentioning Trump. undecided

Reasons below, and because he pays his taxes.

Re: 15 More Good Things President Trump Has Done For America (Updated) by OLAADEGBU(m): 2:05pm On Oct 06, 2020
Timiofak:

Reasons below, and because he pays his taxes.

You're barking up the wrong tree here. undecided

Re: 15 More Good Things President Trump Has Done For America (Updated) by Timiofak(m): 2:06pm On Oct 06, 2020
OLAADEGBU:

You're barking up the wrong tree here. undecided
ok

1 Like

Re: 15 More Good Things President Trump Has Done For America (Updated) by OLAADEGBU(m): 2:15pm On Oct 06, 2020

Re: 15 More Good Things President Trump Has Done For America (Updated) by OLAADEGBU(m): 2:26pm On Oct 06, 2020

Re: 15 More Good Things President Trump Has Done For America (Updated) by PrideofLincoln1(m): 2:54pm On Oct 06, 2020
OLAADEGBU:

Go sit your rear down fake Christian. When you have a vote in America, holla at me.

1 Like

Re: 15 More Good Things President Trump Has Done For America (Updated) by OLAADEGBU(m): 2:01am On Oct 07, 2020
PrideofLincoln1:

Go sit your rear down fake Christian. When you have a vote in America, holla at me.

Could it be because I called you out on your adultery? cheesy
Re: 15 More Good Things President Trump Has Done For America (Updated) by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:10am On Oct 07, 2020
OLAADEGBU:

15 Good Things President Trump Has Done For America
2:00PM EDT 30/09/2020 WAYNE GRUDEM

(Facebook/The White House)

Editor's Note: This is part 1 of a two-part article. Watch for part 2, coming soon on Charisma News.

President Trump receives nonstop criticism in the press. I agree that criticism is necessary when a President makes mistakes, but where are the voices expressing appreciation for the good things Trump has done? It's unfair always to criticise and never to recognise any of the good things a President has done.

It might be a refreshing change to recall some of the remarkable, nation-changing good things that Trump has accomplished for America. Here is my personal list. At the end of this list, I address the question, "Are these actions an indication of divine judgment or divine blessing on the United States of America?"

Because of space limitations, I have not given extensive arguments explaining why I think these actions are good for the United States. But more extensive arguments can be found in my books Christian Ethics, Politics According to the Bible and The Poverty of Nations.

1. Judges: Trump has appointed two Supreme Court justices, 53 federal appellate judges and 146 District Court judges (as well as two judges for the Court of International Trade ) who have been confirmed by the Senate so far. In addition, 64 more have been appointed and are awaiting Senate confirmation. All of them are committed to interpreting the Constitution and laws according to the original meaning of the words, rather than according to what a modern liberal judge thinks the law should have said.

As an evangelical Christian, I am glad to see that Trump's two Supreme Court appointments have already been responsible for highly significant cases that increase religious freedom, such as the decisions 1) to allow State Aid that is given to non religious schools to be given also to religious schools (Montana decision), 2) to protect the right of religious schools to hire and fire employees based on the school's religious convictions and 3) to allow religious groups to be exempt from Government regulations that would otherwise cause them to violate their consciences in matters of birth control (and, by implication, probably in matters of abortion and same-sex marriage, but that has not yet been tested).

2. Historic tax cuts and deregulation: After eight years of high unemployment and meagre growth under President Obama's administration, the Trump tax cuts of 2017 and Trump's extensive cancelling of excessive Government regulations on businesses have given a tremendous boost to the American economy. An estimated 25,000 pages of regulations have been cancelled, resulting in a savings of $3,100 per household per year. Another result of tax cuts combined with deregulation has been the addition of thousands of new jobs, so that unemployment (before the coronavirus crisis) fell to the lowest point in 50 years, and unemployment among African American and Hispanic workers was the lowest it has ever been in history.

On Election Day 2016 (Nov. 8, 2016), the Dow Jones Industrial Average closed at 18,332.74.
This afternoon (Aug. 28, 2020, at 2:44 p.m.) it stands at 28,618.39 which is an increase of 56% in 3.5 years, even including several months of the coronavirus epidemic. This is remarkable.

These economic changes affect ordinary people's everyday lives, not just wealthy people. Tens of thousands of people who were unemployed have recovered the dignity of steady employment (including getting paid during the coronavirus crisis). Millions of ordinary Americans whose retirement savings are partially invested in the stock market (including my wife and me) are finally receiving some protection and even growth in their savings.

3. Building a stronger U.S. military: Reversing the massive budget cuts that had seriously weakened our military under the Obama administration, President Trump has increased military spending by nearly $150 billion per year from $605 billion in 2016 to $750 billion, steadily rebuilding US military readiness.

4. Protecting unborn babies: Numerous executive orders have increasingly restricted Government funding for abortions (such as the reinstatement of the Mexico City policy). On Feb. 22, 2019, the Trump administration announced that it would not allow organisations that provide referrals for abortions to receive federal family-planning money, which implies a cut in funding for Planned Parenthood (the nation's largest abortion provider) unless they perform abortions in a separate facility and not refer patients to it. And on May 2, 2019, the Trump administration's Department of Health and Human Services issued a new rule protecting health care workers who decline on the basis of conscience or religious conviction to participate in procedures such as abortion or assisted suicide. Trump was the first President ever to personally attend the pro-life March for Life in Washington, D.C., on Jan. 24, 2020.

5. Expanding educational freedom: President Trump appointed Betsy DeVos, one of America's leading advocates for greater school choice, to be Secretary of Education, resulting in rising support for charter schools, taxpayer-funded vouchers and tax credits for private-school vouchers, programmes aimed at expanding options for parents looking beyond traditional public schools as she brings attention to them.

6. Standing with Israel: Reversing President Obama's repeated marginalisation and shunning of Israel, President Trump has reaffirmed our commitment to support and defend Israel. He decisively moved the United States Embassy from Tel Aviv to Jerusalem. He recognised the Golan Heights as part of Israel. He has welcomed Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu to the White House several times and has repeatedly reaffirmed our support for Israel. I recently read in the Jerusalem Post a statement that Israel has never had a better friend in the White House than Donald Trump.

7. Negotiating a historic agreement between Israel and the United Arab Emirates: On Aug.13, 2020, President Trump announced that Israel and the United Arab Emirates (UAE) had come to a historic agreement to establish full diplomatic relations between the two countries, including the establishment of permanent embassies and the beginning of direct airline flights between the two countries. This is important because Dubai, the largest city in the UAE, is the leading financial centre in the Middle East and plays a leading role in world air travel and tourism. The agreement will "strengthen regional checks on Iranian power." It also has the potential to set a pattern for future agreements establishing peaceful relations between Israel and other Arab countries in the Middle East.

8. Actually building a border wall: President Trump has relentlessly battled against Democratic stonewalling and liberal federal judges to build an effective, secure border wall along more than 200 miles of our southern border, and it could possibly reach as much as 450 miles by the end of 2020. Critics object that most of this construction is simply replacing old barriers that were already in place, but they fail to recognise that the Government's first priority has been to secure the highest traffic areas, and in many of those areas the old fence was not up to the job. An effective border wall is absolutely necessary to keep our nation secure and to gain some control over an immigration crisis that has spiralled out of control. It won't stop all illegal immigration, but eventually it will likely stop over 95% of people who try to enter on foot.

This is important, because once the American people feel that the border is secure, it will be much easier to gain the political consensus necessary for a humane and just solution regarding the undocumented immigrants who are already here, and for widespread support for the legal entry of large numbers of immigrants who will contribute much of value to this great nation.

9. Comprehensive immigration reform proposals: President Trump has proposed and worked for sensible, comprehensive reform of our broken immigration system that would change our policy on legal immigration from a system based on extended family connections and randomness to a system based on merit, so that we prioritise admitting people who will be most likely to contribute positively to American society (as well as those who are escaping from genuine threats to their lives in their homelands).

10. Religious freedom and freedom of conscience: President Trump's administration has repeatedly and continually worked to defend religious freedom, and his Justice Department has defended religious freedom in numerous court cases, such as supporting the case of Colorado cake designer Jack Phillips at the Supreme Court (Phillips faced massive fines for politely declining to design a cake celebrating a same-sex wedding), and the right of faith-based organisations not to be forced to provide access to abortifacients through their health care plans, overturning the Obamacare HHS regulation that had forced them to do so.

In addition, in the first year of Trump's Presidency, the Department of Justice issued a strongly worded, 25-page memorandum detailing exceptionally strong protections for religious liberty.

11. Withdrawing from Paris Climate Accord: President Trump wisely and decisively removed United States from the Paris Climate Accord, a radical environmentalist programme which, according to a Heritage Foundation study, would have brought massive increases to U.S. energy prices with no statistically significant benefit to the environment. Doubling or tripling of U.S. energy costs (as under the Paris Climate Accord, according to the Heritage Foundation) would have harmed the poor most of all as they spend the highest portion of their budgets on energy. In addition, it would have cost America more than 206,000 jobs by 2040.

12. Energy production and energy independence: President Trump gave approval to the Keystone pipeline, the Dakota access pipeline and oil production from the Alaska National Wildlife Refuge, a vast uninhabited region which could produce up to 20% of our petroleum needs. His administration has also granted more permits for mining of oil, gas and coal from federal lands. The result has been lower energy prices (which benefits everyone) and also U.S. energy independence so that we are now becoming the leading exporter rather than a net importer of energy.

13. Waterways of the U.S.: The Trump administration's decision to abandon the "waterways of the U.S." policy rightfully returned control of water on private lands to the owners of those lands, rather than the Federal Government seizing control over nearly all waterways in the United States. These rules have hindered farmers, ranchers and developers. American Farm Bureau Chairman Zippy Duvall praised the action, saying: "Farmers and ranchers care about clean water and preserving the land, which are essential to producing healthy food and fiber and ensuring future generations can do the same. That's why we support the new clean water rule. It provides clarity and certainty, allowing farmers to understand water regulations without having to hire teams of consultants and lawyers. We appreciate the commitment of the agencies involved and this administration to crafting a new regulation that achieves important regulatory oversight while allowing farmers to farm. Clean water, clear rules."

14. Halting the increase in Corporate Average Fuel Economy (CAFE) standards: The Trump administration decision halted the Obama-imposed harsh annual increases in projected average miles per gallon required in new cars every year. This decision will lead to more consumer choice and less expensive and safer cars, which is much better than the Democratic policy of ever-higher mileage goals, requiring ever-lighter and smaller cars, which means more dangerous cars and less consumer choice.

15. Defeating ISIS: President Trump gave our military forces the freedom to defeat ISIS and drive them out of large sections of Iraq and Syria, which they did. This is far superior to the Democratic policy of inaction and appeasement, which had allowed ISIS to take over large areas of the Middle East. Under President Trump's leadership, U.S. military forces located and killed ISIS founder and terrorist leader Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi on Oct. 26-27, 2019. President Trump also directed the killing of Iranian terrorist mastermind Qasem Soleimani on Jan. 2, 2020.

Source

To be continued... wink

Part 1 introduced the idea that President Donald Trump has received nonstop criticism in the press, and that it's time to recognise some of the good things he has done. The remaining 15 of 30 items follow.

16. Persuading European nations to pay more for NATO: President Trump has insisted that NATO countries start to pay their fair share of defence costs, and some NATO countries have responded by increasing their defence budgets. In 2017, five countries met the goal of spending 2% of their gross domestic product (GDP) on defence and that has now increased to nine according to the alliance's latest budgetary data. The U.S. is set to spend over $750 billion (3.7% of GDP) on its military this year and leads the "above 2%" group, which now includes Bulgaria (3.25%), Greece (2.28%), the United Kingdom (2.14%), Estonia (2.14%), Romania (2.04%), Lithuania (2.03%), Latvia (2.01%) and Poland (2%).

For More>>>
Re: 15 More Good Things President Trump Has Done For America (Updated) by sunboy(m): 2:33pm On Oct 07, 2020
Baba I don’t know what you’ve been drinking but let me help you set some records straight without being bias...

1. Judges: President Trump is the current president of the United States, are you expecting Buhari or George Bush to come back and help him appoint judges. He’s simply doing his job here.

2. Tax cuts: Yes thats tax cuts to the RICH only, but a blanket tax cut. I’m still paying the same tax.

3. Strong military; The USA is the greatest military power on planet earth. It’s been like that before Trump became the presidency, and every American president must continue to improve from where their predecessor stopped, by maintaining or increasing the military budget and continuous funding of black projects which is the bedroom of the military research and innovations.

4. Protecting unborn babies: This is FAULSE. No president was killing babies, when I believe the Democrats did was to give the power to keep or abort the baby to the woman who’s actually carrying the baby. Let her decide what she wants! That’s all. Also I don’t know what’s been done to protect babies cos even in my RED state, you can always get abortion done without any questioning.

5. Education freedom: I don’t think giving charter school tax credits and cuts is the same as giving educational freedom. How many % of Americans can afford to pay the bills at charter schools? Google that question and answer yourself.

Then come back to tell me if you make any sense with that point.

6. Standing with Isreal: First, it is traditional for America to support its allies but it must be cleared that Isreal taking over another man’s land is not the American business. Isreal has its own army, military techs, and still get free military funds from the US annually FREE MONEY!
Enough said; Isreal is not the American problem. Isreal can protect itself. It would poke into the nose of its neighbors if it couldn’t protect itself. His stance with Jerusalem is not the best of foreign policies FYI, but he’s still the president of the USA. He’s responsible for the actions and inactions of his administration.

Don’t count that as an achievement done for the American people!!!

7. An average American won’t benefit from that negotiation... stop quoting this under things he did for America. Yes that’s an achievement for his administration on foreign policy for negotiating peace... but not to the betterment of an average man on the state of America.

8. The wall?: Thats a complete joke grin To get facts from falsehood. The southern border is almost 2,000miles stretch. There is about 600miles barriers already (built by Obama’s administration at strategic locations without making any noise). The Trump administration added only 3miles of NEW WALLS, and some of that collapse recently. Also, Mexico didn’t pay for it. And the fund raising that some Americans did, the dude that embezzled the money got arrested few days ago grin

Please take your time to travel to the southern border yourself go actually see this. Mexicans Mechanic that I know personally still walk in and out of the border freely grin grin

9. The merit based immigration reform that he talked about hasn’t been announced yet. It’s 4 years already, just as there is no medical reforms yet but ready to cancel Obama care with no replacement. The only immigration reforms that’s happening is making legal immigration harder, but people still coming through the border on a regular. We’re still waiting for the reform sha.

10. There has always been freedom of religion in America. Only that people have been more pronounced and confrontational about their hate for other religion, race and creed more under this administration. Atleast, within a year... a popular mosque in my neighborhood was attacked twice, the second time was fire, the city had to offer Tj rebuild it. So this is a complete failure!

11. That’s a worse foreign policy in my idea. And that effect of bad foreign policies is showing results now. EU and other nato nations are not trying to reestablish their own military alliance, and no relying on their traditional ally the United States of America anymore.

12. Yes, energy this is an achievement and it created jobs. Other administrations choose not to do it because of the climate change. But bro, those companies producing shale oil in Texas are not going bankrupt because they can’t stand the OPEC prices.

13. & 14. I don’t know anything about those.

15. ISIS still very much exist. The last time I checked Trump administration was going to dialogue with them.
Re: 15 More Good Things President Trump Has Done For America (Updated) by OLAADEGBU(m): 5:35pm On Oct 07, 2020
OLAADEGBU:

Part 1 introduced the idea that President Donald Trump has received nonstop criticism in the press, and that it's time to recognise some of the good things he has done. The remaining 15 of 30 items follow.

16. Persuading European nations to pay more for NATO: President Trump has insisted that NATO countries start to pay their fair share of defence costs, and some NATO countries have responded by increasing their defence budgets. In 2017, five countries met the goal of spending 2% of their gross domestic product (GDP) on defence and that has now increased to nine according to the alliance's latest budgetary data. The U.S. is set to spend over $750 billion (3.7% of GDP) on its military this year and leads the "above 2%" group, which now includes Bulgaria (3.25%), Greece (2.28%), the United Kingdom (2.14%), Estonia (2.14%), Romania (2.04%), Lithuania (2.03%), Latvia (2.01%) and Poland (2%).

For More>>>

17. Protections against false accusation on college campuses: President Trump's administration has restored many due process guidelines that universities must follow in processing title IX accusations of sexual assault on university campuses.

For More>>>

(1) (2) (Reply)

Deadly Gun Battle Rocks City Of Beirut, Lebanon During Protest(Photos) / BRICS SUMMIT: Ramaphosa Asked Putin Not To Attend - China, India Agreed (PICS) / Massive Sinkhole In China Swallows Building(video And Picture)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 136
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.