Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,185 members, 7,807,617 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 04:17 PM

The Danger Of Going Back To A Sin You Once Struggled With - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Danger Of Going Back To A Sin You Once Struggled With (370 Views)

The Worst Sin Is Not Sexual Sin, You Will Only Kill Yourself / What Is The Most Regretful Sin You Have Ever Committed? / The Danger Of Associating With Greedy People (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Danger Of Going Back To A Sin You Once Struggled With by TheLordcometh: 3:50pm On Oct 01, 2020
Good day everyone.
From my struggles with sin, I came to discover that going back to any sin that you have been able to overcome has dire consequences.
The state of that person will be worse than his previous state. The Bible also supports this

John.5.14 - Afterward Jesus found him in the temple, and said to him, "See, you have been made well. Sin no more, lest a worse thing come upon you."

Matt.12.43 - "When an unclean spirit goes out of a man, he goes through dry places, seeking rest, and finds none.

Matt.12.44 - Then he says, "I will return to my house from which I came.' And when he comes, he finds it empty, swept, and put in order.

Matt.12.45 - Then he goes and takes with him seven other spirits more wicked than himself, and they enter and dwell there; and the last state of that man is worse than the first. So shall it also be with this wicked generation."

The Bible says "Let us put away the sin that easily besets us."

When you struggle with sins of fornication, masturbation, stealing e.t.c. Stop saying God understands, He is merciful. yes, God is always merciful and kind but abhors sin in it's totality. The devil often tempts us to do it one more time, that God will forgive us...the Bible says we should not grieve the holy spirit by continuing in sin and praying for forgiveness without truly repenting of our sins.

The Bible says "The devil is a roaring lion seeking for whom to devorur". The devil steals, kills and destroys but our Lord Jesus Christ has come to give life in abundance.

we should all wake from our slumber. The Bible says we should be vigilant and sober at this time.

If you are still struggling with sin, the first step is don't accept it as normal. it is not God's will for us to continue in sin but for all to repent.

Keep praying, study God's word and never give up. Always ask for God's help to overcome any sin you re struggling with

1 Like

Re: The Danger Of Going Back To A Sin You Once Struggled With by haddeylium(m): 8:27pm On Oct 01, 2020
TheLordcometh:
Good day everyone.
From my struggles with sin, I came to discover that going back to any sin that you have been able to overcome has dire consequences.
The state of that person will be worse than his previous state. The Bible also supports this

John.5.14 - Afterward Jesus found him in the temple, and said to him, "See, you have been made well. Sin no more, lest a worse thing come upon you."

Matt.12.43 - "When an unclean spirit goes out of a man, he goes through dry places, seeking rest, and finds none.

Matt.12.44 - Then he says, "I will return to my house from which I came.' And when he comes, he finds it empty, swept, and put in order.

Matt.12.45 - Then he goes and takes with him seven other spirits more wicked than himself, and they enter and dwell there; and the last state of that man is worse than the first. So shall it also be with this wicked generation."

The Bible says "Let us put away the sin that easily besets us."

When you struggle with sins of fornication, masturbation, stealing e.t.c. Stop saying God understands, He is merciful. yes, God is always merciful and kind but abhors sin in it's totality. The devil often tempts us to do it one more time, that God will forgive us...the Bible says we should not grieve the holy spirit by continuing in sin and praying for forgiveness without truly repenting of our sins.

The Bible says "The devil is a roaring lion seeking for whom to devorur". The devil steals, kills and destroys but our Lord Jesus Christ has come to give life in abundance.

we should all wake from our slumber. The Bible says we should be vigilant and sober at this time.

If you are still struggling with sin, the first step is don't accept it as normal. it is not God's will for us to continue in sin but for all to repent.
l
Keep praying, study God's word and never give up.

Isn't once saved always saved?
Re: The Danger Of Going Back To A Sin You Once Struggled With by TheLordcometh: 1:53pm On Oct 02, 2020
haddeylium:

Isn't once saved always saved?

Sir, Should we continue in sin because grace abounds? God forbid. we are saved when we accept Lord Jesus Christ as our Lord and Personal saviour, repenting from our sins and following in His footsteps.

Let us all strife for perfection as our Lord Jesus Christ is perfect.

this is what the Bible says. Maybe I did not get you very well.

(1) (Reply)

World Rosary Prayer And October Devotion / How Primate Ayodele’s Prophecy On Ondo Election Failed / Barren For 7 Years And Still Counting

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.