Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,492 members, 7,781,481 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 03:15 PM

Police Arrest Nkem Owoh In Holland - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Police Arrest Nkem Owoh In Holland (3863 Views)

Maheeda Moves Into Her New House In Holland (photos) / Nkem Owoh And Chinwe Owoh – Are They Related Or Married? / Nkem Owoh A.k.a Osufia Is In Big Trouble:: He May Likely Go To Jail If... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Police Arrest Nkem Owoh In Holland by Jimiyke(m): 10:37am On Jun 23, 2007

Re: Police Arrest Nkem Owoh In Holland by hotchick: 6:10pm On Jun 24, 2007
Well there ive always thought that song was irresponsible.Even though it was meant to be comedy, the message
(if it was ever targeted to have one) was lost.I think it was irresponsible on the part of censors board or whoever to unban the song.Ive heard it and i think its an embarrasement.nough said!
Re: Police Arrest Nkem Owoh In Holland by MP007(m): 2:35pm On Jun 25, 2007
God don cash am , "dey try chop" theie dollar huh? grin
Re: Police Arrest Nkem Owoh In Holland by ThoniaSlim(f): 2:59pm On Jun 27, 2007
@MP007
lmao grin oyinbo man i go chop your dollar, i go carry your money disappear. lol.
i can't stop laughing whenever i listen to that song. grin

1 Like

Re: Police Arrest Nkem Owoh In Holland by WesleyanA(f): 7:50pm On Jun 28, 2007
God, this is funny!!

and freedom of speech?
Re: Police Arrest Nkem Owoh In Holland by PoDeep(m): 9:53am On Jun 30, 2007
Exactly! Why can't there be freedom of speech?? What about those american gangsta rappers that perpetrate so much evil in their lyrics??
Re: Police Arrest Nkem Owoh In Holland by WesleyanA(f): 8:08am On Jul 03, 2007
never mind. lol
Re: Police Arrest Nkem Owoh In Holland by Seun(m): 10:47am On Jul 03, 2007
These people are dirty hypocrites. Can you see that "freedom of speech" in Europe is nothing but a myth?
Re: Police Arrest Nkem Owoh In Holland by DezzyIzs: 7:24pm On Jul 03, 2007
men i dey very sorry for the chappi, i mean he waz only trying to kill two birds at a time,, if yah know what i mean.
crack his dry jokes as usual and getting money out it.well come to look at it,it's annoying for them to harass him that way for God sakes.Too bad we are under privilege compared to the whites, if i was to be in his shoes i could have said and did even worser things than him.
Re: Police Arrest Nkem Owoh In Holland by uchetobi(f): 11:09am On Jul 04, 2007
Dry jokes l grin cheesy smileyol
Re: Police Arrest Nkem Owoh In Holland by angel101(f): 2:06pm On Jul 04, 2007
I like the song jare make una leave Nkem Owoh
Re: Police Arrest Nkem Owoh In Holland by Seun(m): 12:16pm On Jul 07, 2007
A US tech journal is now claiming that those arrested, including Mr. Owoh, were arrested for 419:
http://www.theregister.co.uk/2007/07/02/419_singer_caught/

Here's the message i sent to him through the website:
Here is a different account of the story for your perusal.

"One of Nollywood’s most popular actors, Nkem Owoh, had a bitter experience in the hands of the police in The Netherlands last weekend after they stormed the venue of his musical show in Amsterdam and whisked him away alongside over 200 Nigerians.

Our source informed that no fewer than 70 of the Nigerians who did not have valid papers in the country have been deported as a result of the raid.

But Owoh, who is better known in the make-believe business as Osuofia, was said to have been arrested over his popular song, ‘I Go Chop Your Dollar.’

The song, which had earlier been banned in Nigeria by both the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) and the Nigerian Broadcasting Commission (NBC), our source said, was used to promote the show in Amsterdam, an action that reportedly infuriated the security operatives.

‘I Go Chop Your Dollar’ dwells on the tricks Nigerian fraudsters, known as 419, use in duping unsuspecting Westerners of huge sums of money in foreign currency.

The Netherlands police were said to have stormed the venue of the show in a helicopter about 2a.m and arrested practically everybody at the venue.

We gathered that the show attracted a large number of Nigerians living in the central European country and both the police and immigration authorities that had been on the trial of illegal immigrants, especially from Nigeria, saw it as an opportunity to rid them off their society.

"Over 200 of them (Nigerians) were arrested that night. It was a big haul; they came with helicopter and cars and circled the whole area. As I speak with you, over 70 of those apprehended that night have been deported for possession of expired or fake immigration papers.

"Osuofia was also whisked away but was released hours after," the source said.

http://www.independentngonline.com/?c=181&a=29088

Can you see what really happened now? This raid was not about 419, it was about Nigerians living in Spain with false papers. Apart from Mr. Owoh's humorous song, there's no link between his show and 419. I understand that the 419 menace is a big problem, but let's not react with our emotions. The people who congregated at that show were Nigerians in general, not 419ers in particular. Their crime was not scamming but illegal immigration.

Please correct this if you can. I'll appreciate it very much.

Regards,
Seun Osewa
http://www.nairaland.com/
Re: Police Arrest Nkem Owoh In Holland by SMC(f): 1:18pm On Jul 07, 2007
Seun,

Spain and the Netherlands are two different countries o. So the last paragraph of your message is erroneous embarassed
Re: Police Arrest Nkem Owoh In Holland by dblock(m): 1:20pm On Jul 07, 2007
Damn Hypocrites.

Those Oyinbo Niggas have been taking the Guys songs too Seriously
Re: Police Arrest Nkem Owoh In Holland by omoge25(f): 11:20am On Jul 09, 2007
dblock:

Damn Hypocrites.

Those Oyinbo Niggas have been taking the Guys songs too Seriously

way too seriously, i don't know if you guys watched the ABC program 20/20 that came out some months ago where Brian Ross "revealed the big secret" to america that nigerians are calling americans mugu's and singing Nkem's song "I go chop you dollar."   The bloody reporter was taking it too seriously, the kept playing parts of the song as they spoke about 419, i believe in the end the reporter had the nerve to say something to the effect of whose the mugu now?
All these people need to relax jor, its because of their greediness that there are getting taking in by yahoo boys.
Re: Police Arrest Nkem Owoh In Holland by bri: 12:31pm On Jul 12, 2007
nkem owoh don bring bad luck for those naija guys wen dem carry
i heard it also in germany .
cos it happened to someone i know.
who have been here for about 7 years with an illegal papers and now he is regreting why he went to nkem´s show
such a pity.
but make u na take am easy
pple that think they know too much , end in such conditions.
Re: Police Arrest Nkem Owoh In Holland by angel101(f): 1:46pm On Jul 13, 2007
bri:

but make u na take am easy
people that think they know too much , end in such conditions.

Lol!!! cheesy
Re: Police Arrest Nkem Owoh In Holland by gaby(m): 10:31am On Jun 27, 2018
Chaiiii...this news that year....still seems like yesterday...
Re: Police Arrest Nkem Owoh In Holland by Meesquared000(m): 9:45am On May 11, 2020
gaby:
Chaiiii...this news that year....still seems like yesterday...
it was your book I bought while reading it around the chapter you said people were arrested. I came online to Google about the incident. And I can see your comments again. So sad. Nice one though. Nice book. I bought it yesterday.
Re: Police Arrest Nkem Owoh In Holland by gaby(m): 9:48am On May 11, 2020
Meesquared000:
it was your book I bought while reading it around the chapter you said people were arrested. I came online to Google about the incident. And I can see your comments again. So sad. Nice one though. Nice book. I bought it yesterday.

Wow....

Thanks so much brother. Leave me a good review on okadabooks.

A month after this incident, precisely on the 1st of July 2007 was when I met my waterloo for my yahoo and scamming exploits when the cops busted me very early in the morning with helis and ground troops surrounding my apartment while leading me away in cuffs.

Will never forget, but I thank God I was knocked back to reality after doing a year straight in the slammer and realizing the errors in my way of life.

These days, I teach and preach to the youths about the classlessness of trying to earn a living at the back of other people's lives.

You can check out and read more in my book on my signature.

1 Like

Re: Police Arrest Nkem Owoh In Holland by Meesquared000(m): 4:32pm On May 11, 2020
gaby:

Wow....

Thanks so much brother. Leave me a good review on okadabooks.

A month after this incident, precisely on the 1st of July 2007 was when I met my waterloo for my yahoo and scamming exploits when the cops busted me very early in the morning with helis and ground troops surrounding my apartment while leading me away in cuffs.

Will never forget, but I thank God I was knocked back to reality after doing a year straight in the slammer and realizing the errors in my way of life.

These days, I teach and preach to the youths about the classlessness of trying to earn a living at the back of other people's lives.

You can check out and read more in my book on my signature.

Wow! It's made Mee make more research on the dreaded journey irregular migrants make.

I already left a comment and 5 star on okadabooks. Keep up the good works. I follow on Twitter now.

(1) (Reply)

Femi Brainard Weds Uche Nwokocha (White Wedding Pictures) / Denrele's Twin Brother, Prince Uzoegwu In Swim Pants / Mikel Posts Photos Of His Russian Girlfriend

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.