Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,510 members, 7,808,866 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:18 PM

My First And Last Trip To Lagos In The 1980s(Photos) - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / My First And Last Trip To Lagos In The 1980s(Photos) (6218 Views)

People Boarding A Bus In Lagos In The 1980s (Throwback Photo) / Lagos In 1960 / The Manual “traffic Light” That Was Used In Lagos In The 1940s (PHOTOS) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

My First And Last Trip To Lagos In The 1980s(Photos) by Explorers(m): 11:38am On Oct 02, 2020
Got these pictures from my mum's old photo album after she passed in 2006.

First time in Lagos, myself and my mum at the beach around 1986 according to her.

2-3years old here(Father of 1 now).

53 Likes 7 Shares

Re: My First And Last Trip To Lagos In The 1980s(Photos) by Explorers(m): 11:38am On Oct 02, 2020
Second time in Lagos.

We visited another beach, don't know exactly.

Myself, my younger sister(mum of 2 now) and my Cousin.

I was told then that Sea and lagoon (Okun&Osa) are enemies.

Like one is dirty, one is clean, one is Evil and the other is good.

If you throw dirt into the Sea, it will throw it back or come drop it in your house.

If you bottle both lagoon and Sea water in same bottle, they will fight till they burst the bottle and the Sea water will flow back no matter how far. grin

We fetched a bottle of the salt water from here back to Ondo with Seashells too.

Used them to decorate shelf for years.

The last time i saw beach, 1989.

32 Likes 1 Share

Re: My First And Last Trip To Lagos In The 1980s(Photos) by Explorers(m): 11:39am On Oct 02, 2020
Maybe some Lagos Nairalanders can recognize this place.

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: My First And Last Trip To Lagos In The 1980s(Photos) by squash47(m): 11:39am On Oct 02, 2020
See ur head that time..for u to go on beach that year, naim be say ur papa Get money o boss.

19 Likes

Re: My First And Last Trip To Lagos In The 1980s(Photos) by Explorers(m): 11:39am On Oct 02, 2020
Same day, we visited one place called Amusement park.

Myself, my younger sis, my late sis, late mum and cousin.

A boat ride with my younger sister, bumper car ride, circling horses and later went to the park's restaurant/eatry.

Took jollof rice with chicken and GoldSpot drink.

We paid in coins, can still remember small this last Lagos visit.

From here, we visited kingsway that has a door that open itself and escalator stairs that moves up and down.

At night, we went to see planes at MMIA(last time i saw planes/ airport).

Lost the pictures to water years later, had to dry these ones then sef(Check the second photo).

Traveled back to Ondo second day.

30 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My First And Last Trip To Lagos In The 1980s(Photos) by Nobody: 11:40am On Oct 02, 2020
Ff
Re: My First And Last Trip To Lagos In The 1980s(Photos) by Nobody: 11:41am On Oct 02, 2020
Explorers:
More
I still be egg for my mama Belle during this time.

6 Likes

Re: My First And Last Trip To Lagos In The 1980s(Photos) by TheSTreetman: 11:41am On Oct 02, 2020
The great Explorar... May Mama rest well.

You really enjoy ooh.

7 Likes

Re: My First And Last Trip To Lagos In The 1980s(Photos) by Queenlovely(f): 11:41am On Oct 02, 2020
i am a problem solver

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: My First And Last Trip To Lagos In The 1980s(Photos) by YoonSung10: 11:43am On Oct 02, 2020
When Lagos was Lagos

2 Likes

Re: My First And Last Trip To Lagos In The 1980s(Photos) by Karleb(m): 12:08pm On Oct 02, 2020
Queenlovely:
my opinion of the pictures are as follows:

1. explorers no be small boy again oh, a man of 36 years now wow.

and this little kid now has his own kid and a wife. and his own wife that he would bang eternally without paying a dime after action.

my own junior brother was a regular patron of these olosho houses from auchi to Kano, to pH all the ASHAWO calls him customer, the night he slept with his wife he brought out his wallet to pay her, then he remembered he is now a married man and can bang whenever without paying again.

2. explorers was not born handsome, sorry to say this your sisters are not too beautiful too, but they are beautiful.

3. explorers is from a middle class family, only few families visited bar beach back then. his mum( peace be upon her) was a Christian and a beautiful woman, my guess is that she is a housewives a trader or a schoolteacher, maybe they went to visit their daddy who was transferred there to work in the civil service.

4. the love of knowledge is within the family, look at the lady with eye glasses, she looks scholarly , she must have given explorers a million home lessons.
explorers is this shy type, he was shy. books was his best friend, he was a weak kid growing up, his mates would beat him.

explorers suck lips Wella

Who asked you?

Can't you just admire and waka pass?

Or just waka pass?

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: My First And Last Trip To Lagos In The 1980s(Photos) by Larryfest(m): 12:10pm On Oct 02, 2020
Good old days when Nigeria still made sense..
Re: My First And Last Trip To Lagos In The 1980s(Photos) by Queenlovely(f): 12:12pm On Oct 02, 2020
i am a problem solver

4 Likes

Re: My First And Last Trip To Lagos In The 1980s(Photos) by thorpido(m): 12:13pm On Oct 02, 2020
Explorers:
Second time in Lagos.

We visited a beach, don't know exactly.

Myself, my younger sister(mum of 2 now) and my ....... (Daughter of my mum's younger sister).

Daughter of my mum's younger sister.........cousin.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: My First And Last Trip To Lagos In The 1980s(Photos) by Queenlovely(f): 12:14pm On Oct 02, 2020
i am a problem solver

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My First And Last Trip To Lagos In The 1980s(Photos) by Queenlovely(f): 12:15pm On Oct 02, 2020
i am a problem solver

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My First And Last Trip To Lagos In The 1980s(Photos) by ITbomb(m): 12:18pm On Oct 02, 2020
Queenlovely:
Mr. explorers hope I did not offend you with my opinion
He is married undecided

8 Likes

Re: My First And Last Trip To Lagos In The 1980s(Photos) by Explorers(m): 12:18pm On Oct 02, 2020
Simisola54:
Lovely pictures
You're quite an old man tongue

Smiles.....Na so.

Debt we'll all pay.

1 Like

Re: My First And Last Trip To Lagos In The 1980s(Photos) by Explorers(m): 12:18pm On Oct 02, 2020
Queenlovely:

At all, a free world.

8 Likes

Re: My First And Last Trip To Lagos In The 1980s(Photos) by Karleb(m): 12:19pm On Oct 02, 2020
Queenlovely:

shove your advice where the sun does not shine. dummkopf. dieb

explorers posted this pictures online to get opinion, likes and reaction, which I just did. so why the admonishment.

Mr explorers did I offend you in any way with my comments?

I know you have a big mouth.

"Explorer was not born handsome"

What sort of opinion is that?

"The sisters are not beautiful too"

Are you okay miss?

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My First And Last Trip To Lagos In The 1980s(Photos) by thorpido(m): 12:19pm On Oct 02, 2020
Queenlovely:

grammar Nazi, noted
Yes o. kiss

1 Like

Re: My First And Last Trip To Lagos In The 1980s(Photos) by Odunharry(m): 12:20pm On Oct 02, 2020
Explorers:

Took that boat ride with my younger sister and later visited the park's restaurant.
Apapa amusement Park memories.

2 Likes

Re: My First And Last Trip To Lagos In The 1980s(Photos) by Queenlovely(f): 12:22pm On Oct 02, 2020
ITbomb:
He is married undecided
so what?
we don't all come from a family of husband snatchers
Re: My First And Last Trip To Lagos In The 1980s(Photos) by ThreeEyedRaven: 12:37pm On Oct 02, 2020
Beautiful memories.
I wasn't even in Lagos yet by then.

The thing about such memories personally, is that I get scared seeing how far I've come and how quickly I'm getting old, I really dread getting old. I want to remain young forever embarassed embarassed
Re: My First And Last Trip To Lagos In The 1980s(Photos) by ElValiente(m): 12:41pm On Oct 02, 2020
Explorers:
Got these pictures from my mum's old photo album after she passed in 2006.

Fitst time in Lagos, myself and my mum at the beach around 1986 according to her.

I was 2/3years old(Father of 1 now).
I was a year old then. Chaii Explor Baba Don old oooo. Rip mom.
Re: My First And Last Trip To Lagos In The 1980s(Photos) by ElValiente(m): 12:42pm On Oct 02, 2020
Explorers:
Maybe some nairalander will recognize this place.

wow first time in lag. Now remain only few planet for my oga to explore grin grin
Re: My First And Last Trip To Lagos In The 1980s(Photos) by Nobody: 12:48pm On Oct 02, 2020
Queenlovely:
go and edit that rubbish post asap

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My First And Last Trip To Lagos In The 1980s(Photos) by Explorers(m): 12:50pm On Oct 02, 2020
ThreeEyedRaven:
Beautiful memories.
I wasn't even in Lagos yet by then.

The thing about such memories personally, is that I get scared seeing how far I've come and how quickly I'm getting old, I really dread getting old. I want to remain young forever embarassed embarassed

Smiles... Everyone's dream, but we're all getting older every second, hour, day, week, and month.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: My First And Last Trip To Lagos In The 1980s(Photos) by Queenlovely(f): 12:51pm On Oct 02, 2020
jerrythafinisher:
go and edit that rubbish post asap
come and beat me, I dey no 23 Nelson Mandela asokoro Abuja. I am waiting
Re: My First And Last Trip To Lagos In The 1980s(Photos) by konkonbilo(m): 1:27pm On Oct 02, 2020
Explorers:

A boat ride with my younger sister and later visited the park's restaurant.

Took jollof rice with chicken and GoldSpot drink.

We paid in coins, can still remember small this second and last trip to Lagos.

From here, we visited kingsway that has a door that open itself and escalator stairs that moves up and down.

At night, we went to see planes at MMA(since then ive never beem to airport).

Lost the pictures to water years later, had to dry these ones then sef(Check the second photo).

Travel back to Ondo second day.
I remember amusement park that year, it's always fun especially if you go during festive periods, people de full die wey space no go de sef but It's no more in existence.
Re: My First And Last Trip To Lagos In The 1980s(Photos) by ThreeEyedRaven: 1:28pm On Oct 02, 2020
Explorers:

Smiles... Everyone's dream, but we're all getting older every second, hour, day, week, and month.
That's true. smiley

However it remains my biggest fear. Even when I see old people I get scared like "I'd be like this ..old and fragile one day" embarassed

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Working Visa to Australia 400k by Agent / Cost Of Living In South Africa / Man Made Natural Attractions

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.