Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,297 members, 7,808,010 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:50 AM

I Graduated With A 2.2, How Do I Become A University Lecturer? - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / I Graduated With A 2.2, How Do I Become A University Lecturer? (37797 Views)

Nekede Poly Furious With Lady Claiming She Graduated With God Help, Private Part / Great Day For Me I Graduated With First Class (photo) / Sex Scandal: Dr. Aduwo, Ekiti State University Lecturer Caught With Student (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Graduated With A 2.2, How Do I Become A University Lecturer? by Anaerobi(m): 7:36pm On Oct 02, 2020
Go for your PGDe then Masters.
boom.....move further to PHD..... dreams achieved.
Re: I Graduated With A 2.2, How Do I Become A University Lecturer? by Centcanada: 7:36pm On Oct 02, 2020
Being a lecturer in a country call zoo is not by that is by connection!

4 Likes

Re: I Graduated With A 2.2, How Do I Become A University Lecturer? by OmoManU: 7:37pm On Oct 02, 2020
do your masters and PhD simple
Re: I Graduated With A 2.2, How Do I Become A University Lecturer? by MadeINchenzen2: 7:37pm On Oct 02, 2020
forget it . go and rear cat fish !!! tongue

Re: I Graduated With A 2.2, How Do I Become A University Lecturer? by egojiokwu(m): 7:37pm On Oct 02, 2020
Do master and PhD
Re: I Graduated With A 2.2, How Do I Become A University Lecturer? by Nobody: 7:38pm On Oct 02, 2020
Homeboiy:
Better go start bombing

One day clients go pay

Wetin make u think say u go still serious for msc

If Yahoo is the only thing you know in life, you've failed as a youth. Your mate is talking about how to excel academically, you're telling him to go into cybercrime... Shame on you!

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Graduated With A 2.2, How Do I Become A University Lecturer? by Nobody: 7:38pm On Oct 02, 2020
IamDavid:

Well, there are very tenable excuses but they don't even count. The thing is, I'm ready to start afresh, I just want to be sure it's the right thing to do (and the only way out). I actually know a lot of lecturers with 2.2 and even third class, it's just the stiff competition and current unemployment rate that is bothering me.

No need to start over. Do a PGDE then on to your Masters and PhD.
Re: I Graduated With A 2.2, How Do I Become A University Lecturer? by 123Map(m): 7:39pm On Oct 02, 2020
Go and start business, hustle go pay angry grin
Re: I Graduated With A 2.2, How Do I Become A University Lecturer? by Nobody: 7:39pm On Oct 02, 2020
Anaerobi:
Go for your PHD then Masters.
boom... dreams achieved.

LoL... PhD before masters? Where are you from, Pluto?

7 Likes

Re: I Graduated With A 2.2, How Do I Become A University Lecturer? by ElValiente(m): 7:39pm On Oct 02, 2020
IamDavid:
Hi people, I just graduated with a 2.2 in one of the sciences. (CGPA 3.3). I admit that was due to my carelessness. Recently, I have this strong ambition to become a university lecturer and rise to the peak of my career.

Now, these are my concerns. What are the chances of getting a lecturing job (after I might have gotten my PhD) considering the 2.2 Bsc result? Or it
doesn't matter once there are higher qualifications?

Is it worthwhile to sit for JAMB again and start all afresh? I'm still in my mid twenties and the drive is high. I know I can do it, but is it necessary / worth it?
clinch to one politician
Re: I Graduated With A 2.2, How Do I Become A University Lecturer? by Ayilara1(m): 7:40pm On Oct 02, 2020
E dey hard first class student to get lecturing job self but you can still be if you

1. You have connections
2. You can be following lecturers all around, carrying their stuffs and the rest.

But wait, why did you want to become a lecturer?

2 Likes

Re: I Graduated With A 2.2, How Do I Become A University Lecturer? by Franking: 7:41pm On Oct 02, 2020
Get your Masters and take it from there.
Re: I Graduated With A 2.2, How Do I Become A University Lecturer? by Anaerobi(m): 7:42pm On Oct 02, 2020
loneprof:

Hahahahahah... lol. wanted to say PGD... Post Graduate Diploma... funny dude... u know what I meant jor
Re: I Graduated With A 2.2, How Do I Become A University Lecturer? by na2016: 7:42pm On Oct 02, 2020
IamDavid:
Hi people, I just graduated with a 2.2 in one of the sciences. (CGPA 3.3). I admit that was due to my carelessness. Recently, I have this strong ambition to become a university lecturer and rise to the peak of my career.

Now, these are my concerns. What are the chances of getting a lecturing job (after I might have gotten my PhD) considering the 2.2 Bsc result? Or it

Is it worthwhile to sit for JAMB again and start all afresh? I'm still in my mid twenties and the drive is high. I know I can do it, but is it necessary / worth it?

bro, Nigeria is so spoilt, you wil still get into the system. if when we were not so corrupt, I'd have said go and look for another job becuase you are not qualified but what do I know, we have so many with same result lecturing and causing so much problem in the system.

1 Like

Re: I Graduated With A 2.2, How Do I Become A University Lecturer? by WorkTheTalk(m): 7:42pm On Oct 02, 2020
Go for further studies ASAP
Re: I Graduated With A 2.2, How Do I Become A University Lecturer? by ItrendNaija(m): 7:42pm On Oct 02, 2020
Nigerian youths still worrying about what grade you graduate with. Gain valuable skills, this is 2020. What can you do?

1 Like

Re: I Graduated With A 2.2, How Do I Become A University Lecturer? by Franking: 7:42pm On Oct 02, 2020
Ayilara1:
E dey hard first class student to get lecturing job self but you can still be if you

1. You have connections
2. You can be following lecturers all around, carrying their stuffs and the rest.

But wait, why did you want to become a lecturer?

So he can be enjoying all the strike them.
Re: I Graduated With A 2.2, How Do I Become A University Lecturer? by brainhgeek(m): 7:43pm On Oct 02, 2020
It's a 50-50 chance. You either become a lecturer or not. The ball is in your court.
Re: I Graduated With A 2.2, How Do I Become A University Lecturer? by jolyment: 7:43pm On Oct 02, 2020
H
Re: I Graduated With A 2.2, How Do I Become A University Lecturer? by Tillatalk: 7:43pm On Oct 02, 2020
Homeboiy:
Better go start bombing

One day clients go pay

Wetin make u think say u go still serious for msc
homeiboy shey you go teach me work
Re: I Graduated With A 2.2, How Do I Become A University Lecturer? by Nobody: 7:43pm On Oct 02, 2020
Anaerobi:
Go for your PHD then Masters.
boom... dreams achieved.
Were you high before you typed this?

What is PhD then Master's?
Re: I Graduated With A 2.2, How Do I Become A University Lecturer? by DonroxyII: 7:44pm On Oct 02, 2020
IamDavid:

Hell yes Go for M.sc then PhD immediately and your dream of becoming a lecturer is 90% assured regardless of your 2.2 ...

Just be very close to your M.sc and PhD supervisor and lick their a.ss wellwell by becoming a bomboy and write as many paper as possible for them ....

They will recommend you either to their University or to another university they are doing hustles....

Or you may start all over again and nabbed First class ... Do IT skills while you are at it either way !!
Re: I Graduated With A 2.2, How Do I Become A University Lecturer? by Nobody: 7:44pm On Oct 02, 2020
IamDavid:

calm down. Are you sure its worth starting all over?

Are you sure you wont lose your drive to become a professor 5 years from now?
Please find something else to do and dont start school again

3 Likes

Re: I Graduated With A 2.2, How Do I Become A University Lecturer? by Nobody: 7:46pm On Oct 02, 2020
with a good link it's very easy in Nigeria. I'm telling u before u even resume work they'll back ur appointment straight with MSc and PhD TETFUND scholarship to study inbone of the best Universities in UK.
Re: I Graduated With A 2.2, How Do I Become A University Lecturer? by chiefolododo(m): 7:47pm On Oct 02, 2020
loneprof:

Re: I Graduated With A 2.2, How Do I Become A University Lecturer? by Nobody: 7:47pm On Oct 02, 2020
Backcheck:
Op, dont be discouraged!

With 2.2, you can become a lecturer. I once saw one of my wicked lecturers CV grin With how brilliant he is, and how he insults us and talks about how unserious we are, you’ll think he graduated top of his class with a first class. Lo he had a 2.2 from a federal university, but had a masters before becoming a lecturer, now he has a phd.

How did he become a lecturer? I dont know

Most university lecturers and teachers in general actually have a 2.2. I wonder why you're surprised by this... Since when did 2.2 turn into a bad result? You write as if he had 3rd class... Even 3rd class holders are lecturing.

60% of graduates in Nigeria are 2.2 graduates. Some 2-3 percent may be first class, some 20% may be 2.1 and the rest 18% belong to 3rd class and pass...

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Graduated With A 2.2, How Do I Become A University Lecturer? by famouscargo4u: 7:47pm On Oct 02, 2020
Being a lecturer in a state or federal University or polytechnic requires less class of grade but more connection. You need to be recommended by a senior lecturer or Prof. It may Interests you to know that some first class graduates with PhD yet they are are no lecturing jobs for them even though there are always vacancy occupied by people with the strongest connection.

So, the surest way is to familiarize yourself with some top professors in your department and tell them you want to be a lecturer like them, volunteer to do tasks for them. In due time, when there is vacancy , you can be nominated.

4 Likes

Re: I Graduated With A 2.2, How Do I Become A University Lecturer? by Nobody: 7:49pm On Oct 02, 2020
Anaerobi:

Hahahahahah... lol.
wanted to say PGD...
Post Graduate Diploma...
funny dude... u know what I meant jor

Hahaha.... I fear o. Honestly I didn't know.

In case you know a school that admits to PhD without masters in Nigeria, please tell me o grin
Re: I Graduated With A 2.2, How Do I Become A University Lecturer? by edoairways: 7:49pm On Oct 02, 2020
sinkhole:
It does not matter once you have higher qualifications, in fact, if you have lower class at undergraduate but persevere to have PhD and continue to be producing high quality research article, published in reputable international journals such [b]Elsevier, springer, nature, scienc[/b]e, etc, you will simply be the talk of town, people will be using you as good example of determine person and you will become a mentor to many students and others.
Even if you have 3rd class, you can still be a lecturer provided you continue with PGD and MSc then you could be employed as a lecturer.
How much do they charge for publication?
Re: I Graduated With A 2.2, How Do I Become A University Lecturer? by Princelegacy: 7:49pm On Oct 02, 2020
Dont be bothered ooh bro.

Your grades is not the problem but you.
Dont rely solemnly on certificate....do other things that can give you cash.

There is an opportunity you can do to make extra income and live a nice lifestyle.

You can call me for detail::: prince 07068005327
Re: I Graduated With A 2.2, How Do I Become A University Lecturer? by Ayilara1(m): 7:49pm On Oct 02, 2020
Iceyjayz:
Continue with your masters then PhD, I have both bsc and MSc but not interested in lecturing though.

I have a friend who graduated with 2.2, presently he's a PhD holder lecturing in FUT Minna.

Na nupe abi?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Online University BSc. Degrees In Nigeria / Dapo Akande Honoured With A Portrait At Oxford University / 10 Categories Of Ladies In A Female Hostel

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.