Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,327 members, 7,808,099 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:12 AM

Fashola: Nigerians Disappointed As They're Looking For Results In Wrong Place - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fashola: Nigerians Disappointed As They're Looking For Results In Wrong Place (26956 Views)

Court Ruled In January That INEC Can Use Any Method For Results Transmission / Wike Disappointed As BVAS Fails To Accredit Him, Wife / WAEC Disagrees With Presidency, Says Buhari Applied For Results (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fashola: Nigerians Disappointed As They're Looking For Results In Wrong Place by Ajibel(m): 8:00am On Oct 03, 2020
What he said is true but we'll because we hate this government, we are going to blast him, condemn him without analysing the context

1 Like

Re: Fashola: Nigerians Disappointed As They're Looking For Results In Wrong Place by Yeyenairaland(m): 8:01am On Oct 03, 2020
See Dem

HYPOCRITES!
Re: Fashola: Nigerians Disappointed As They're Looking For Results In Wrong Place by ModestGal(f): 8:02am On Oct 03, 2020
Lol
Re: Fashola: Nigerians Disappointed As They're Looking For Results In Wrong Place by salbis(m): 8:03am On Oct 03, 2020
Opinion from cabinet member of a failed regime. Talk is always cheap, Mr. Fix Nigerian power in six months.
Re: Fashola: Nigerians Disappointed As They're Looking For Results In Wrong Place by RapistOnBail: 8:03am On Oct 03, 2020
I think Nairaland is full of really sick dumb folks.

This guy just told y’all some real facts and all you could do is criticize him �

Re: Fashola: Nigerians Disappointed As They're Looking For Results In Wrong Place by Brushstrokes20: 8:05am On Oct 03, 2020
Utter gibberish from Mr rocket scientist!
Re: Fashola: Nigerians Disappointed As They're Looking For Results In Wrong Place by Zetty177x: 8:05am On Oct 03, 2020
Ehiscotch:
Nigerians can throw a fit and don't know how to react rationally.

Fashola just said the truth really but Nigerians take pride in being antagonistic and they love the Deja vu; I guess there is a thrill to it embedded in us.

Basic amenities like that are to be covered by the State Government. The FG can't be everywhere and they embark on projects that take years to accomplish: rails, roads, ports etc.

Nigeria has so much challenges that a government can achieve so little in eight years, especially with corruption so endemic and institutionalized.

Listen(sic), before you mention. You would keep moaning and groaning and wailing for eight years of Buhari and then the next government and then the next, until you realise the fundamental details of governance and hold them sensibly to it, devoid of emotions or sentiments or prejudice.

I feel a need to reemphasize. This is NOT about APC/ Buhari or what no. I am feeling the burning effects of the economic downturn but I am grateful to God for the ability to detach emotion for rationality.

No wonder many people shared your comment
Re: Fashola: Nigerians Disappointed As They're Looking For Results In Wrong Place by nairanaira12: 8:05am On Oct 03, 2020

1 Like

Re: Fashola: Nigerians Disappointed As They're Looking For Results In Wrong Place by Queenlovely(f): 8:08am On Oct 03, 2020
We can’t change political reality by fighting it.

2 Likes

Re: Fashola: Nigerians Disappointed As They're Looking For Results In Wrong Place by Boyooosa(m): 8:08am On Oct 03, 2020
Racoon:

El Rufai leaked memo.

Just imagine this nonsense attitude of blame game or passing the buck with anyone associated with this incredibly shamelessly and lying government.This "to produce 24hours electricity is not rocket science" man is just a bloody hypocrite.

The FG is responsible for security, power generation, regulating the economy among many things that has direct bearing on the life the citizens.Now only LGA/State govt are to be blamed or held into accountability while the FG that have endlessly blamed others would have none of it.What does these idiots take Nigerians for?

Alway playing the victim even with blunt hypocrisy! They made a lots of promises which they did just denied but add insult by blaming others except themselves.

No mind him, na sanwo Olu go solve bokoharam war from Lagos.
Re: Fashola: Nigerians Disappointed As They're Looking For Results In Wrong Place by One4me: 8:12am On Oct 03, 2020
Then the Fed Govt should hands-off those things in the Exclusion List, to the State and LGA Govts.

State Police
Revenue from State Resources
Mineral Resources
Water Ways
Sea Ports
Taxes
Stamp Duty, VAT, etc

Fed Govt should only be given 5% to run itself, let us see how many of you fools will want to contest for Presidency or want to be Ministers and Senators.

5 Likes

Re: Fashola: Nigerians Disappointed As They're Looking For Results In Wrong Place by Wantedmiller: 8:12am On Oct 03, 2020
hargbolahan01:
number one enemy of this country is this FG.....Do you know that they hold the power that matters to our lives and development electricity, natural resources and security

is it the fault of state gov that we can't defeat Boko Haram, bandits and others....and if you tell FG to create state police they will only give you reasons why it won't work or bad while they have failed in protecting us

do you even know that if any state or individual is building generating plant bigger than 100MW ...it is a must to join it on national grid and that may not benefit the aim of the state gov as people from other state may be enjoying it

whenever we read FAAC allocation on here we see huge amount of money FG take sometimes #450b out of#700b while 36 state Will be sharing less than #200b .... let's say you are a Gov.... how would you spend allocation less than #5b when you will pay salaries and other expenditure

even Fashola that is talking....do you know how many live changing project he abandoned in Lagos because no money to fund them Lagos light rail,fourth mainland bridge among other

Sorry to cut you short.......your argument is not complete when you failed to mention internal generated revenue which might be bigger than the allocation!
Re: Fashola: Nigerians Disappointed As They're Looking For Results In Wrong Place by hmohammed(m): 8:12am On Oct 03, 2020
adekolaelect:
I no get your time . If i may understand you so fedr gov can not impact us individually in Nigeria but they can collect tax individually from Nigerians? continue !!!!! We know you get sense pass this but the task to defend this administration make you this!!!!!

Oga tax on salaries are collected by state government. Most of you guys know nothing. That's the problem
Re: Fashola: Nigerians Disappointed As They're Looking For Results In Wrong Place by Angelfrost(m): 8:13am On Oct 03, 2020
Mr. Fashola, if you all knew this as the fact, why then did you all base your 2015 election campaigns on the 'impossible'??! Why did you sell the lie to gullible low intelligent Nigerians that all y'all had to do would be to wave a magic wand, and the nation would start flourishing??!

See ehn, Buhari and every one of you charlatans are reaping the fruits of a foundation built on lies and propaganda!!!

All this Shalaye only serves to make y'all look even worse!

Better find a way to turn your lies to evidential dividends of democracy, or none of you will ever have peace!!! I rest my case!!!

2 Likes

Re: Fashola: Nigerians Disappointed As They're Looking For Results In Wrong Place by Emyogalanya: 8:13am On Oct 03, 2020
BigSarah:
Rocket science minister has order us to read the constitution so we can criticize appropriately... Terrible people
And don't be surprsised that after we read that constitution they will blame us for reading it out of context. Next is to blame the constitution itself for allowing us to read it. Next is to blame the paper used in writing the said constitution. Mark my word

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fashola: Nigerians Disappointed As They're Looking For Results In Wrong Place by nairanaira12: 8:15am On Oct 03, 2020
Ehiscotch:

Fashola just said the truth really but Nigerians take pride in being antagonistic and they love the Deja vu; I guess there is a thrill to it embedded in us.

Basic amenities like that are to be covered by the State Government. The FG can't be everywhere and they embark on projects that take years to accomplish: rails, roads, ports etc.

Nigeria has so much challenges that a government can achieve so little in eight years, especially with corruption so endemic and institutionalized.

Listen(sic), before you mention. You would keep moaning and groaning and wailing for eight years of Buhari and then the next government and then the next, until you realise the fundamental details of governance and hold them sensibly to it, devoid of emotions or sentiments or prejudice.

I feel a need to reemphasize. This is NOT about APC/ Buhari or what no. I am feeling the burning effects of the economic downturn but I am grateful to God for the ability to detach emotion for rationality.

You are very stupid for this comment.

Didn't the Buhari make electoral promises?

Which of those promises has he fulfilled? Or is it the responsibility of State governments to fulfil the promises made by Buhari? Why make the promises when you know it is not in your capacity to fulfil it? Are you daft or something?

Didn't Fashola make promises about electricity? Had he fulfilled those promises? Or is it the responsibility of State governments to fulfil the promises Fashola made?

7 Likes

Re: Fashola: Nigerians Disappointed As They're Looking For Results In Wrong Place by Wantedmiller: 8:16am On Oct 03, 2020
Ehiscotch:

I must commend you......you have made a vital point. I use to tell my friend that it is high time we start to hold our governors accountable.

They are not doing anything to better the lives of people in the state at all........all the blame is shifted to Federal government.

And federal has refused to do the needful!
Re: Fashola: Nigerians Disappointed As They're Looking For Results In Wrong Place by Nobody: 8:17am On Oct 03, 2020
Yes that is absolutely correct Mr sensible man, my local government chairman who is in charge of the security forces should be up and doing to curb the insecurity in land... Mr sensible man, my councillor during the federal executive meeting should prefer better policies that will change our life.... Foolish sensible man, my ward leader should ensure that all the federal roads to my state is well maintained....... Oga sensible man, my governor should instruct the opening of our western borders with Benin Republic and equip the customs to do their work well.... Senseless sensible man... The deputy governor of my state should ensure that revenue sharing formulae must have the states and local government getting the lion share.... Anuofia sensible man, my state house of assemble should be making laws that will govern Nigeria.... You are a very sensible man indeed.
Ehiscotch:

2 Likes

Re: Fashola: Nigerians Disappointed As They're Looking For Results In Wrong Place by maxzzo1(m): 8:17am On Oct 03, 2020
Idiot n foolish man
Re: Fashola: Nigerians Disappointed As They're Looking For Results In Wrong Place by nairanaira12: 8:17am On Oct 03, 2020
JAMO84:
Has all the PDP States governors fulfil a quarter of the promises they made since 2015?

So, buhari is copying PDP governors in failure? Then buhari is totally daft
Re: Fashola: Nigerians Disappointed As They're Looking For Results In Wrong Place by Yampotatocarrot(m): 8:17am On Oct 03, 2020
Ajibel:
What he said is true but we'll because we hate this government, we are going to blast him, condemn him without analysing the context

When he was a governor, Okonjo Iweala says the same thing and he, including other governors criticised her. How come he suddenly got this enlightenment?

When he said it shouldn't take up to 6months to fix Nigeria's electricity issue and blamed the FG under Jonathan for their failure, wasn't he thinking straight?

If he finally realised this and isn't trying to shift blame, isn't it moral that he apologizes for the blames they passed on the FG under Jonathan?

1 Like

Re: Fashola: Nigerians Disappointed As They're Looking For Results In Wrong Place by EagleNest(m): 8:17am On Oct 03, 2020
'Lying and denial' pandemic is affecting this government and they keep on lying themselves into difficult situations. I used to respect Fashola not until he become minister...
Re: Fashola: Nigerians Disappointed As They're Looking For Results In Wrong Place by Angelfrost(m): 8:19am On Oct 03, 2020
Ehiscotch:

You do realize you haven't passed any concrete message with all that verbosity...

The only thing you have succeeded in doing is painting governance like it's rocket science, which it is not!!!

In the first place, does Nigeria run a regional or decentralized government??!

3 Likes

Re: Fashola: Nigerians Disappointed As They're Looking For Results In Wrong Place by awa(m): 8:19am On Oct 03, 2020
To think this the same Fashola that earlier stated that any responsible Government can fix Nigeria Power issue in 6 month is ridiculous

1 Like

Re: Fashola: Nigerians Disappointed As They're Looking For Results In Wrong Place by nairanaira12: 8:20am On Oct 03, 2020
Ajibel:

Oga shut up.
If is State governments duty to produce electricity, why did Fashola make promises that are not within his jurisdiction to fulfil?
Re: Fashola: Nigerians Disappointed As They're Looking For Results In Wrong Place by inumidun2010(m): 8:21am On Oct 03, 2020
So if I invested time and resources in cultivating Cocoa, should I put my faith in harvesting POTATO.. These politicians knows they and their Family are SAFE... They just leave wailing for the MASSES cos they don't know what they want... Election period , Politicians will be sharing KEROSENE , FOR WHAT?... Lols, they already passed the message... Which is :DONT EXPECT MUCH
Re: Fashola: Nigerians Disappointed As They're Looking For Results In Wrong Place by juniorstar(m): 8:22am On Oct 03, 2020
so they should blame their LGA chairman becos NEC increased electricity tariff or the hike in pump price of PMS Or the rise is foodstuff in the market.u don't mean it!
Re: Fashola: Nigerians Disappointed As They're Looking For Results In Wrong Place by Paperwhite(m): 8:23am On Oct 03, 2020
Emyogalanya:
And don't be surprsised that after we read that constitution they will blame us for reading it out of context. Next is to blame the constitution itself for allowing us to read it. Next is to blame the paper used in writing the said constitution. Mark my word
grin
Re: Fashola: Nigerians Disappointed As They're Looking For Results In Wrong Place by Elvictor: 8:23am On Oct 03, 2020
Ehiscotch:

sir, what kind of system of government Nigeria is practicing?
Re: Fashola: Nigerians Disappointed As They're Looking For Results In Wrong Place by SOJOSEPH(m): 8:23am On Oct 03, 2020
Fashola!!!!!!!

So your own share of the script is to blame the state and local government which you forgot to do during gej administration abi

You have exhausted your wiles

You failed to deliver this type of constitution lectures in 2014 and 2019

We know what to do.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

I Was Deceived By BVAS — Ikpeazu / Corruption Ongoing Under Buhari – PDP / Tariffs: Benin, Ghana Wage Economic War Against Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.