Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,539 members, 7,808,985 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:32 PM

Solution to Rattling Noise On Acceleration On Toyota - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Solution to Rattling Noise On Acceleration On Toyota (1241 Views)

Car On Acceleration On Drive / Rattling Sound On Acceleration / My Car Vibrates On Acceleration (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Solution to Rattling Noise On Acceleration On Toyota by naijadrivablog: 9:47pm On Oct 02, 2020
Hello Cartalkers, what could be the cause of rattling noise when accelerating on Toyota Rav4?

My "check engine light" also comes up after sometime.

Cc: nurey, radautoworks, kingreignn
Re: Solution to Rattling Noise On Acceleration On Toyota by radautoworks: 11:45pm On Oct 02, 2020
naijadrivablog:
Hello Cartalkers, what could be the cause of rattling noise when accelerating on Toyota Rav4?

what year and where does the rattling seem to be coming from?
Re: Solution to Rattling Noise On Acceleration On Toyota by ZIMDRILL(m): 12:03am On Oct 03, 2020
naijadrivablog:

there are certains things that one can not diagnose via internet, your car need a physical inspection being on ramps or driving it figuring where the sound is coming from

check engine it needs to be scanned
Re: Solution to Rattling Noise On Acceleration On Toyota by rayor15: 7:43am On Oct 03, 2020
I experienced this on my Toyota corolla but the rattling noise stopped after I changed my gear fluid..Please put the recommended fluid if you are doing that.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Solution to Rattling Noise On Acceleration On Toyota by naijadrivablog: 10:00am On Oct 03, 2020
radautoworks:
what year and where does the rattling seem to be coming from?

2000 RAV 4. Rattling when accelerating on the hood (probably transmission/engine area). Pls note that the fluids don't leak and guaged.
Re: Solution to Rattling Noise On Acceleration On Toyota by Ojey1234: 9:23pm On Oct 04, 2020
Check your power steering pump and fan belt if working perfectly meet a mechanic
Re: Solution to Rattling Noise On Acceleration On Toyota by naijadrivablog: 9:15pm On Oct 06, 2020
Ojey1234:
Check your power steering pump and fan belt if working perfectly meet a mechanic
Fan belt is OK.
PSP (steering pump) is what I will check but I doubt it is the culprit.
Re: Solution to Rattling Noise On Acceleration On Toyota by EngRichie: 5:31am On Oct 07, 2020
If fault code is related to crankshaft/camshaft correlation, inspect timing chain for stretch/jumped tooth. I advice that you should not drive the car in this condition.
Regards.

1 Like

Re: Solution to Rattling Noise On Acceleration On Toyota by samintegrity(m): 5:44am On Oct 07, 2020
Hello

If I may ask, when did you noticed??
Did you take to any mechanic or panel prior to this time??

If you checked engine oil and gear oil and they are both good, and also its not your belt..

Then its most likely your catalyst converter has been recently removed..

I had similar noise when I press down the acceleration pedal, the noise is soo annoying that when I accelerate slowly it becomes so loud and very noticeable but when on top speed it doesn't make the rattling noise..

I had changed belt, oil, shafts not until a mech said he's sure its the catalyst converter..

So I bought another then I discovered that my cat. Has been missing all along oo.. Well we placed the new cat. And the noise stopped.

Check yours bro, that was why I asked if you were at any panels or mechanic worship before the noise started.. If yes, most likely they may have removed ur car cat.
Re: Solution to Rattling Noise On Acceleration On Toyota by chukel(m): 7:07am On Oct 07, 2020
It's called pinging. A lot of things can cause it.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Traveller's Guide; Are You Traveling For Christmas? Read This / Honda Cars Made The USA 2022 Best Cars, No Toyota Cars / Is It Right To Buy A Seized Car.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.