Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,204 members, 7,807,687 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 05:29 PM

Chevron: No Plan To Migrate Jobs Outside Nigeria - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Chevron: No Plan To Migrate Jobs Outside Nigeria (12825 Views)

Which Of These Two Careers Can Help Me Migrate To The US? / How I Got Fired From Chevron By A Gay Boss / Chevron To Sack 6,750 Staff (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Chevron: No Plan To Migrate Jobs Outside Nigeria by Omooba77: 12:54am On Oct 03, 2020
The management of Chevron Nigeria Limited (CNL) says it has no plans to migrate Nigerian jobs outside the country.

CNL’s General Manager Policy, Government and Public Affairs, Mr Esimaje Brikinn, made the clarification in a statement on Friday.

Brikinn spoke following an allegation by the Petroleum and Natural Gas Senior Staff Association of Nigeria that CNL planned to relocate jobs outside the country.

Also read: IPPIS: SSANU writes FG on looming industrial dispute
He said, however, that the company was reviewing its manpower requirements in the light of the changing business environment.

According to him, the new organisational structure will require approximately 25 per cent reduction in the workforce across the various levels of its organisation.

“The aim is to have a business that is competitive and have an appropriately sized organisation with improved processes.

“This will increase efficiency and effectiveness, retain value, reduce cost, and generate more revenue for the Federal Government of Nigeria.

“It is important to note that all our employees will retain their employment until the reorganisation process is completed.

”We have prospects for our company in Nigeria; however, we must make the necessary adjustments in light of the prevailing business climate.

“We need everyone’s support to get through these tough times stronger, more efficient and more profitable, in order to sustain the business, ” he said.

The manager also said that CNL was in alignment with both its Joint Venture partners, including NNPC, and the Department of Petroleum Resources (DPR) on the process.

He said: “We are actively engaging our workforce to ensure they understand why this is being done.

“We will continue to consistently engage all relevant stakeholders, including the leadership of the employee unions as we continue this process of business optimisation.”

Earlier, the Petroleum and Natural Gas Senior Staff Association of Nigeria, Chevron Branch, had accused CNL of sacking 600 Nigerian workers and planning to relocate jobs to America.

Its Branch Chairman, Mr Ote Oyegbanren, and Secretary, Mr Lavin Aghaunor, in a statement said that the workers being sacked were lower cadre employees whose salaries were negligible when compared with that paid to their American expatriates counterparts.

“National PENGASSAN appealed to Chevron Management to suspend the process and allow both parties to reach agreement on an amicable voluntary separation exercise such that workers may opt to exit but this conciliatory offer was rebuffed.

“The plan of Chevron management is part of a grand scheme by multinational oil companies operating in Nigeria to gradually relocate work being done in Nigeria to their home country,” the duo said.

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2020/10/no-plan-to-migrate-jobs-outside-nigeria-chevron/amp/

2 Likes

Re: Chevron: No Plan To Migrate Jobs Outside Nigeria by visiondee(m): 1:01am On Oct 03, 2020
Re: Chevron: No Plan To Migrate Jobs Outside Nigeria by Damidave1124(m): 6:18am On Oct 03, 2020
They want to downsize.
Mass retrenchment loading, even if it's 25% on paper

2 Likes

Re: Chevron: No Plan To Migrate Jobs Outside Nigeria by BruncleZuma: 6:18am On Oct 03, 2020
grin grin grin grin

Said every business right before they layoff workers and bribe PENGASSAN ex-cos.

8 Likes

Re: Chevron: No Plan To Migrate Jobs Outside Nigeria by Slawormir: 6:19am On Oct 03, 2020
Damnnnnn niggarrr
Too bad

1 Like

Re: Chevron: No Plan To Migrate Jobs Outside Nigeria by JesusJesus: 6:19am On Oct 03, 2020
I want to kill myself. I need help

5 Likes

Re: Chevron: No Plan To Migrate Jobs Outside Nigeria by fidelitystrs: 6:23am On Oct 03, 2020
Better Ooo

Sell  your Amazon gift card to Naira / RMB yuan also available.https:///2347039575096

Best rate with swift payment.
Re: Chevron: No Plan To Migrate Jobs Outside Nigeria by slimanyd: 6:25am On Oct 03, 2020
JesusJesus:

Don't bro. There is hope if you can open your eyes to see the light .

8 Likes

Re: Chevron: No Plan To Migrate Jobs Outside Nigeria by Fheelzz(m): 6:26am On Oct 03, 2020
chai 25percent well i heard they pay well
Re: Chevron: No Plan To Migrate Jobs Outside Nigeria by sunnydike1(m): 6:29am On Oct 03, 2020
make I book space
Re: Chevron: No Plan To Migrate Jobs Outside Nigeria by Legalcriminal: 6:29am On Oct 03, 2020
JesusJesus:
Too bad
Re: Chevron: No Plan To Migrate Jobs Outside Nigeria by ikorodureporta: 6:30am On Oct 03, 2020
Help pls..

Who can give me the title & artiste of the original version of that Naija old song by MC Smoke - Poverty
Was it done by Mosdef, Mob Deep, or The Roots??
I beg I won download am
Re: Chevron: No Plan To Migrate Jobs Outside Nigeria by BigDawsNet: 6:31am On Oct 03, 2020
Is it crude to make oil jokes now?

Nah, it's oilright. wink

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Chevron: No Plan To Migrate Jobs Outside Nigeria by Hambivert: 6:34am On Oct 03, 2020
Sparogatively, this coronavirus has really affected many if not all facets of life.

One thing I know for sure is that, I would use this phase to compose terrifying but yet educative story for my grand children and even great grand kids.

They must know how their grandpa fought and defeated the coronavirus with his bare hands after it had slain a great but many warriors both far and wide.
They must know!
Re: Chevron: No Plan To Migrate Jobs Outside Nigeria by Chikarata2020(m): 6:34am On Oct 03, 2020
They should break up this country, for the good of every one. This is becoming worse.

1 Like

Re: Chevron: No Plan To Migrate Jobs Outside Nigeria by chiedonedoor(m): 6:34am On Oct 03, 2020
Too bad, but the decision has to be taken for survival of their business.
Revelation 2:5 KJV
Remember therefore from whence thou art fallen, and repent, and do the first works; or else I will come unto thee quickly, and will remove thy candlestick out of his place, except thou repent. Christ is coming soon.
Repent
Re: Chevron: No Plan To Migrate Jobs Outside Nigeria by InvertedHammer: 6:37am On Oct 03, 2020
/
The global market is changing. If oil workers fail to adapt and face reality instead of balling like they print money, they will lose.

Companies are after their bottomlines. As an employee, you are only a number and easily expendable. The world is moving too fast for job security in any field.

/

4 Likes

Re: Chevron: No Plan To Migrate Jobs Outside Nigeria by wonuks(m): 6:38am On Oct 03, 2020
cool
Re: Chevron: No Plan To Migrate Jobs Outside Nigeria by FarahAideed: 6:40am On Oct 03, 2020
Trust me they are lying
Re: Chevron: No Plan To Migrate Jobs Outside Nigeria by jericco1(m): 6:40am On Oct 03, 2020
Trying to do it surreptitiously undecided
Re: Chevron: No Plan To Migrate Jobs Outside Nigeria by Chiedu4Trump: 6:41am On Oct 03, 2020
APC & Buhari were not joking when they said they would destroy jobs

1 Like

Re: Chevron: No Plan To Migrate Jobs Outside Nigeria by Healthsco20: 6:48am On Oct 03, 2020
Quiet assuring
Re: Chevron: No Plan To Migrate Jobs Outside Nigeria by Amspecial: 6:55am On Oct 03, 2020
grin
Re: Chevron: No Plan To Migrate Jobs Outside Nigeria by Belial06: 6:57am On Oct 03, 2020
JesusJesus:

Hey what is wrong ?
Re: Chevron: No Plan To Migrate Jobs Outside Nigeria by Belial06: 6:58am On Oct 03, 2020
ikorodureporta:
Help pls..

Who can give me the title & artiste of the original version of that Naija old song by MC Smoke - Poverty
Was it done by Mosdef, Mob Deep, or The Roots??
I beg I won download am

Mos def

1 Like

Re: Chevron: No Plan To Migrate Jobs Outside Nigeria by Giantfarmer(m): 6:59am On Oct 03, 2020
JesusJesus:
for real wats wrong with you?
Re: Chevron: No Plan To Migrate Jobs Outside Nigeria by Viking007(m): 7:00am On Oct 03, 2020
Hambivert:
Sparogatively, this coronavirus has really affected many if not all facets of life.

One thing I know for sure is that, I would use this phase to compose terrifying but yet educative story for my grand children and even great grand kids.

They must know how their grandpa fought and defeated the coronavirus with his bare hands after it had slain a great but many warriors both far and wide.
They must know!
There is nothing like Sparogatively.

2 Likes

Re: Chevron: No Plan To Migrate Jobs Outside Nigeria by DonBabaFx: 7:05am On Oct 03, 2020
What should we believe again in this country?.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Lawyers In The House Please Help. Can I Leave My New Job Without Issue / The Unprecedented Story of Sowemimo Abiodun / Aptech, NIIT Or Karrox For Oracle Certificatification?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.