Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,879 members, 7,802,840 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 11:00 PM

Pastor Adeboye: Restructure Or Risk Breakup Of Nigeria - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Pastor Adeboye: Restructure Or Risk Breakup Of Nigeria (53064 Views)

#EndPoliceBrutality: Pastor Adeboye 'We Either Restructure Nigeria Or Breakup' / Cardinal Okogie Slams Pastor Adeboye For Building Churches Everywhere / "Touch My Wife, I Will Kill You" - Pastor Adeboye Declares (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pastor Adeboye: Restructure Or Risk Breakup Of Nigeria by blacknp(m): 11:09pm On Oct 03, 2020
flokii:

Numero uno in bad governance, corruption, theft and bad leaders.. you should hide your head in shame when progressives are talking.
Mention the state you are from Almijiri? You think I am a beggar like you?
Re: Pastor Adeboye: Restructure Or Risk Breakup Of Nigeria by Ategberoson(m): 11:13pm On Oct 03, 2020
helinues:
Restructuring in Nigeria not feasible at least for now

Don't be deceived

I don't think you're a Nigerian perhaps a northerner

I have always see you as non Yoruba that you love to claimed, your insensibility is out of this world

but who's giving all these secondary school boys android phone? you will get sense when you finally leave your Father's compound

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pastor Adeboye: Restructure Or Risk Breakup Of Nigeria by zoezoelogistics(m): 11:15pm On Oct 03, 2020
Flier:
I still think Pastors shouldn’t get involve in this argument

They should not because they are not Nigerians?
They should not because they are not affected by whatever good or bad decisions is made by the ruling classes?
Are they not first Nigerians before they ever became clergy men?
Are they not free to exercise their right to freedom of speech and expression?

Maybe you need to go study the bible.
God recognizes the office of the priest, King and the prophet in the governance of His people

The priest represents the Traditional institutions.
The more reason Pastor Adeboye concluded his proposal on that note. You might need to read his speech again.

The King represents the government/politicians. Those who really rule the people.

Then the prophet represents the voice of God. The men of God/pastors.
They are the king maker.

Go and check the scriptures, you will find out that the kings are sworn in by the prophets after first anointing them.
Their role does not end in the temple/church, neither does it end at installing the king. It goes on to guiding, directing and most importantly, knocking them into position through incessant teaching and warning..

1 Like

Re: Pastor Adeboye: Restructure Or Risk Breakup Of Nigeria by Chiedu4Trump: 11:18pm On Oct 03, 2020
Re: Pastor Adeboye: Restructure Or Risk Breakup Of Nigeria by nairanaira12: 11:19pm On Oct 03, 2020
blacknp:
Wishful thinking, tell me what has held your state Governors since 1999 from making your state an oasis? Is it Federal restructuring or State restructuring, which of the 2?

Nigeria was well structured until you flaaaatheads started a coup. So, you flaaaatheads are the ones that put Nigeria into this problem.

1 Like

Re: Pastor Adeboye: Restructure Or Risk Breakup Of Nigeria by endallinfection: 11:21pm On Oct 03, 2020
One Question ,Is Union a Must ?

1 Like

Re: Pastor Adeboye: Restructure Or Risk Breakup Of Nigeria by nairanaira12: 11:22pm On Oct 03, 2020
blacknp:
Way too many false prophets 9/10, religion is Nigeria’s number one problem, science should be the solution, not a 2000 year old doctrine, science is the religion of the future, now you wonder why Nigeria is in darkness? Hypocrites & Jezebels everywhere, Buhari a Muslim, Obasanjo is a Christian, in reality no one should care.

Religion is not the problem. Saudi Arabia is religious, same with several other countries. Yet, Saudi is advanced. It is not about religion; it is about the people practising the religion.

2 Likes

Re: Pastor Adeboye: Restructure Or Risk Breakup Of Nigeria by blacknp(m): 11:22pm On Oct 03, 2020
zoezoelogistics:

They should not because they are not Nigerians?
They should not because they are not affected by whatever good or bad decisions is made by the ruling classes?
Are they not first Nigerians before they ever became clergy men?
Are they not free to exercise their right to freedom of speech and expression?

Maybe you need to go study the bible.
The God recognizes the office of the priest, King and the prophet in the governance of His people

The priest represents the Traditional institutions.
The more reason Pastor Adeboye concluded his proposal on that note. You might need to read his speech again.

The King represents the government/politicians. Those who really rule the people.

Then the prophet represents the voice of God. The men of God/pastors.
They are the king maker.

Go and check the scriptures, you will find out that the kings are sworn in by the prophets after first anointing them.
Their role does not end in the temple/church, neither does it end at installing the king. It goes on to guiding, directing and most importantly, knocking them into position through incessant teaching and warning..
If all the so called millions of pastors were really speaking they word of God, Nigeria will not be in these quagmire, how can a poor population like Nigeria claim to have the richest pastors in the world, if the richest black man Aliko Dangote is not top 50 richest people in the world, so were did these pastors get the wealth, that made them amongst the richest? Deceiving the people with prosperity gospel, the prophets are sent to warn, not preach prosperity. Rolls Royce Ghost today, Toma Hawk helicopter tomorrow.
Re: Pastor Adeboye: Restructure Or Risk Breakup Of Nigeria by King44(m): 11:22pm On Oct 03, 2020
farem:

http://saharareporters.com/2020/10/03/restructure-or-risk-breakup-nigeria-adeboye-warns-buhari
It would look like a joke to the gvt and the normal complain to them until it is no longer a joke.

Clamour for Oduduwa republic would gather momentum if we continue like this and that would be a very huge feet in breaking up sooner than expected, just give the majority of Yorubas sometime to finally loose hope in the Nigeria.

If there is no restructure and that confab that Buhari shoved in archive is not brought to life, we would see what would be the end result.

Did you notice the attitude of people toward this last independence day?

1 Like

Re: Pastor Adeboye: Restructure Or Risk Breakup Of Nigeria by endallinfection: 11:26pm On Oct 03, 2020
nairanaira12:

Nigeria was well structured until you flaaaatheads started a coup. So, you flaaaatheads are the ones that put Nigeria into this problem.
. But the same flaaatheads have decided to leave this forcefully Union Called Nigeria and you people have decided that Union is by force .Nigeria Problem would continue to be if this Forced Contraption Continues .

3 Likes

Re: Pastor Adeboye: Restructure Or Risk Breakup Of Nigeria by blacknp(m): 11:26pm On Oct 03, 2020
nairanaira12:

Religion is not the problem. Saudi Arabia is religious, same with several other countries. Yet, Saudi is advanced. It is not about religion; it is about the people practising the religion.
Of course it is the Hypocrite people practicing the religion I am referring to, Religion in Saudi Arabia is strict, you steal they chop of your hands off, you steal in Nigeria, you drop 10% for tithes, the sin has been forgotten, we have our own unique modus operandi. In Saudi Arabia they have only one religion, which is enshrined in their sharia constitution, in Nigeria Oyedepo is insulting the President every Sunday.

3 Likes

Re: Pastor Adeboye: Restructure Or Risk Breakup Of Nigeria by King44(m): 11:28pm On Oct 03, 2020
helinues:
Restructuring in Nigeria not feasible at least for now

Don't be deceived
Have we tried it yet

1 Like

Re: Pastor Adeboye: Restructure Or Risk Breakup Of Nigeria by Rapmoney(m): 11:30pm On Oct 03, 2020
ValCon888:
One idiot above said restructuring is not feasible for now because he is earning peanuts from the thieves that are looting the country dry.
We all know the people that are going to die of hunger if everybody decides to go their separate ways.

Cc: helinues

1 Like

Re: Pastor Adeboye: Restructure Or Risk Breakup Of Nigeria by King44(m): 11:32pm On Oct 03, 2020
Marine54:
Restructuring can not work. , the time for restructuring has past !
This is the most dumbest post I have read this week
Re: Pastor Adeboye: Restructure Or Risk Breakup Of Nigeria by Nobody: 11:32pm On Oct 03, 2020
NgwalandAbia:

What is DON in English I asked again? Either you explain or keep quiet, I don't argue with Nigerians with 15 percent IQ.

Don is defined as a Spanish title used to refer to a gentleman, or is a term used to describe a leader in an organized-crime family. An example of Don is the title used to refer to a Spanish gentleman

Don't worry your self about English. What you are speaking today as English was not in existence some 800 years ago. Search google for ancient English. Am not talking about Shakespearen or KJV language
Re: Pastor Adeboye: Restructure Or Risk Breakup Of Nigeria by blacknp(m): 11:33pm On Oct 03, 2020
King44:
It would look like a joke to the gvt and the normal complain to them until it is no longer a joke.

Clamour for Oduduwa republic would gather momentum if we continue like this and that would be a very huge feet in breaking up sooner than expected, just give the majority of Yorubas sometime to finally loose hope in the Nigeria.

If there is no restructure and that confab that Buhari shoved in archive is not brought to life, we would see what would be the end result.

Did you notice the attitude of people toward this last independence day?
Which confab report? The one carried out by handpicked pdp stooges? Please tell me the people who represented your state in the constitutional charade?
Re: Pastor Adeboye: Restructure Or Risk Breakup Of Nigeria by blacknp(m): 11:36pm On Oct 03, 2020
King44:
This is the most dumbest post I have read this week
I don’t blame you, I know it is hard for the simple minded to understand the complicated facts, in discerning that which is not in their mental sight?
Re: Pastor Adeboye: Restructure Or Risk Breakup Of Nigeria by blacknp(m): 11:38pm On Oct 03, 2020
NgwalandAbia:

What is DON in English I asked again? Either you explain or keep quiet, I don't argue with Nigerians with 15 percent IQ.

Don is defined as a Spanish title used to refer to a gentleman, or is a term used to describe a leader in an organized-crime family. An example of Don is the title used to refer to a Spanish gentleman
Don should be first title name for Orji Kalu & James Ibori?
Re: Pastor Adeboye: Restructure Or Risk Breakup Of Nigeria by King44(m): 11:40pm On Oct 03, 2020
blacknp:
I blame them, instead of preaching hard work, they preach miracles, because the Chinese & Americans achieved all they did by miracles, instead of patience & hard work? To them what the European took 200 years to build, the black man wants to take 2 years (microwave) approach, countries built institutions overtime, the black man is looking for magic.
What are you saying for God sake.

Are you not a Nigerian

I not sure this suffering reach your side.

He made a valid point which affect all you are talking about something not related, why did you chose live and think like this?

1 Like

Re: Pastor Adeboye: Restructure Or Risk Breakup Of Nigeria by prof2007: 11:41pm On Oct 03, 2020
Flier:

At first glance, it may seem a good idea for clergy not to speak in such instances. However, God has created us as sentient, self-aware and reasoning beings, so we should ask the following:

1. If Nigeria breaks up or descends into another civil war, will the clergy, their families and their congregations not suffer also?
2. The political class listens to people of influence. Pastor Enoch Adejare Adeboye is one of the most influential clergymen in Nigeria and the world, and many things are currently wrong in our country; so it is certainly apropos for him (and all people of influence) to speak up.
3. History teaches that "the man dies who keeps silent in the face of tyranny". If we study the history of countries like Liberia, Rwanda, and Nazi Germany, we find that many influential clergy kept quiet while injustice ravaged the land and the political class hammered the drumbeats of war. Many of the clergy were eventually killed in the ensuing chaos.
4. Those that make peaceful change impossible, consequently make violent change inevitable. The political class need to know that change is needed. Nigeria's civil war was needless, and the wounds inflicted have yet to fully heal. It could have been prevented if enough people of influence had spoken up. This is the time for everybody (including you and me) to speak up.
5. Finally, is anything inappropriate or wicked in what the Pastor has suggested?

Remember, no person can accurately and fully predict all the ramifications and bifurcations of the destiny God has woven for him/her. Tomorrow, you may become one of the greatest leaders Nigeria has ever known. The time to prepare for that future is NOW!

Start preparing by asking yourself what kind of country you want Nigeria to become? I see Nigeria becoming a great economic and geopolitical power in future; one of the top 7 global economies, one of the top 5 tourist destinations, one of the top 3 global investment destinations, and one of the most peaceful, well-managed and greatly developed countries in the world; a true "Jewel of the Nations".

Shalom!

1 Like

Re: Pastor Adeboye: Restructure Or Risk Breakup Of Nigeria by steve6: 11:41pm On Oct 03, 2020
Hmmmm...
Re: Pastor Adeboye: Restructure Or Risk Breakup Of Nigeria by King44(m): 11:44pm On Oct 03, 2020
blacknp:
I don’t blame you, I know it is hard for the simple minded to understand the complicated facts, in discerning that which is not in their mental sight?
ogbeni goan look for where to sleep. The argument or bone of contention are contradictory to what you saying or going against.

Start thinking, countries are leaving us behind but we are still celebrating roads and locomotive trans on top lopsided appointments, doesn't it concern you at all?

3 Likes

Re: Pastor Adeboye: Restructure Or Risk Breakup Of Nigeria by blacknp(m): 11:45pm On Oct 03, 2020
King44:
What are you saying for God sake.

Are you not a Nigerian

I not sure this suffering reach your side.

He made a valid point which affect all you are talking about something not related, why did you chose live and think like this?
Which valid point did he make? 1990 they promised electricity,? till today no electricity, is it today we have been suffering in Nigeria, whilst the synagogues get richer? the first thing Jehovah did was create light, yet no light in Nigeria, pastor is telling me about Jesus Christ? I have been opportuned to visit a few countries, Jehovah, or Allah has no business with Nigeria, what business those light have with darkness?

1 Like

Re: Pastor Adeboye: Restructure Or Risk Breakup Of Nigeria by King44(m): 11:47pm On Oct 03, 2020
blacknp:
Restructuring nonsense is just the fact that this useless democrazy we practice is a failed system, after 20 years it is even worse, there is no accountability, a bad tree can never yield good fruits as Christ exclaimed, restructure Nigeria into 7 pieces, you will have 7 different failed states, you can’t give what you don’t have, we are practicing a half baked system of Government.
This country was built on a very rugged foundation and it would collapse when it's time.
Re: Pastor Adeboye: Restructure Or Risk Breakup Of Nigeria by blacknp(m): 11:49pm On Oct 03, 2020
King44:
ogbeni goan look for where to sleep. The argument or bone of contention are contradictory to what you saying or going against.

Start thinking, countries are leaving us behind but we are still celebrating roads and locomotive trans on top lopsided appointments, doesn't it concern you at all?
Who are you blaming for other countries leaving us behind, me? Or Buhari? You better take a good look in the mirror, Charity they say begins at home, what have you done to better your neighborhood or yourself? I believe you are waiting for someone else, to do that for you, or are you not Nigerian also?, Yeshua said a bad tree can never yield good fruits.
Re: Pastor Adeboye: Restructure Or Risk Breakup Of Nigeria by blacknp(m): 11:52pm On Oct 03, 2020
King44:
This country was built on a very rugged foundation and it would collapse when it's time.

100 years after you demise, of what benefit will that be to you then? How does today’s Nigeria affect Awolowo in his grave?
Re: Pastor Adeboye: Restructure Or Risk Breakup Of Nigeria by King44(m): 11:52pm On Oct 03, 2020
blacknp:
Which valid point did he make? 1990 they promised electricity,? till today no electricity, is it today we have been suffering in Nigeria, whilst the synagogues get richer? the first thing Jehovah did was create light, yet no light in Nigeria, pastor is telling me about Jesus Christ? I have been opportuned to visit a few countries, Jehovah, or Allah has no business with Nigeria, what business those light have with darkness?
You see why I am saying your thinking off the track.

When there us no light since 1990, who should be held responsible

A) church B) Government

Choose one.

If you were given argumentative debate I am very sure that you would lose it, stick to the topic don't deviate.

I Wonder if church should provide your electricity, pay worker, construct roads etc

3 Likes

Re: Pastor Adeboye: Restructure Or Risk Breakup Of Nigeria by niyidenrele: 11:54pm On Oct 03, 2020
J111333:
Pastor, go and sit down.

You see this change medication, Nigerians must complete the dosage. angry
there is an adage, that says, an Alfa , that forsees famine in a place , will also share from it , cos his households will also bear the crunch consequences, same applies to you, let's wait and see, even if you are not based here , am sure u have many kinsmen fully residing here

1 Like

Re: Pastor Adeboye: Restructure Or Risk Breakup Of Nigeria by OriOko88(m): 11:56pm On Oct 03, 2020
It is now the Yorubas that re at d fore front of restructuring. I love this. We own d media, and as this restructuring of a thing continue to make news everyday, its just a matter of time before it actually happens. There might be a revolution before 2023. If Yoruba keeps pressing on a particular issue, d issue would surely be solved. Watch out for something stunning before 2023. Its already gaining momentum.

4 Likes

Re: Pastor Adeboye: Restructure Or Risk Breakup Of Nigeria by King44(m): 11:56pm On Oct 03, 2020
blacknp:
100 years after you demise, of what benefit will that be to you then?
have you been benefitting under this present arrangement?

Answer, it would benefit my generation unborn

But that is not what we are discussing here, if the way this country is government is not addressed on time the crack would lead to break when it's time

You don't have to pretend that Nigeria is at its best now

1 Like

Re: Pastor Adeboye: Restructure Or Risk Breakup Of Nigeria by pafra(m): 11:57pm On Oct 03, 2020
Flier:

Because pastors exist in their own world right. If you know the number of people that attend redeem and the amount spent on welfare on the less privilege you will withdraw your statement.

The in touch with the people more than you think
Re: Pastor Adeboye: Restructure Or Risk Breakup Of Nigeria by Elvictor: 11:59pm On Oct 03, 2020
blacknp:
Mention the state you are from Almijiri? You think I am a beggar like you?

where in Delta are you?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

"Demons Attracted Big Men To Me"; Lady Who Slept With Various Men For Money.PICS / 5 Igedeland Women Who Are Married To Pastors / Paul Enenche's Testimony: Wale Gates Reacts

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.