Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,398 members, 7,808,430 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:50 AM

Tonight On Risky Me. - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Tonight On Risky Me. (731 Views)

What I Experienced During A Risky Journey From Lagos To Abuja (pics) / It’s Too Risky To Evacuate 5,600 Nigerians In Ukraine Now – FG / Trading On Railway Track: Why Is This Risky Practice Permitted? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tonight On Risky Me. by tasceige(m): 12:53am On Oct 04, 2020
This day in 2016, I was jejely serving my father land as omoluabi. Truth be told, I wanted to be a rascal in delta state at thesame time try my best to land one oil company job � but my kinda person won't allow the rascal part. The home training too kong, I go just dey hear my mama voice over. lol. I love my time and love to take my decisions on things.

Back to 2016!
I was a bonafide owner of Honda 1998 CBR Fireblade (900cc). All thanks to Obele 1 of Asaba. The bike was very light, simple and old kinda. The bike was my boo grin, no matter what happpens, I find comfort in her. Our major connection starts from my right phallenges and grip. Once they connects, then romance starts.

I came back from my PPA on a friday, Obele called me and said "HighGee hafanaa, make we go Uyo tomorrow nah, eget wan Samsung show" since its gonna be a convoy, I didnt think it twice, I obliged. Imagine me that just finished handling over 40 students and marking series of primary 5 pupils note books {Uzoigwe pry school tongue). Wetin concern me, it's sha gonna be fun ride afterall.

Obele confirmed its going to be a convoy, myself (Honda 900cc), Obele (Kawasaki 600cc) and Mondila (BMW S1000). Lemme not talk about Mondila's bike now, this is a story for another day. Number plates?? Mine was customezed "IG-JAPH", Obele no get logo, while Monday's bike was "Mondila". Dila is a car dealer and car mech (I believe that was where he got his nick from "Monday the car dealer"wink while Obele was a bike Mech. We all belong to Young riders Club.

Saturday came, met Obele around 10am, the excitement no be here. Guess what! ! shocked we no commot Asaba until 5:30pm. Okamilara walai.

We sha start journey. My people, Asaba to Imo was snail and rabbit riding. Voooooiiiiiimmmm!! we go slow down and maneurver traffic, speed small jam military police. Thank God Mondila was the front Man, the sight of his bike alone dey pave way for us. Cut long story short, passing through "gravelated" roads, dusty roads and village small roads, we sha reach Uyo around past 9pm, met our host, ate, relaxed and then we rode to the venue. Host was riding one Harley with one nonsense scattered sound. It was just a normal show and that was the end.

We settled for the hotel after the show, showered and took a cruise ride around Uyo. Met with policeguys angry grin, gist and ate suya together self.

It's time to return to Asaba on Sunday, 2pm was the time. We took some pictures in the hotel and we set on the jorney. We stopped by in one eatry like that, took something light. "off we went".
After Ikotepene.... chaii!!! Rain beat!!!!!!! shege!! I mean rain beat!!! "who send you IG". Kits were wet from helmet to boot, but then we rode past the rain. Road was free and the speed no be here. Nah so we jam holdup and for almost 30mins plus we no gree commot the market holdup. We stopped by a gas station, refueled and kit up again. Funny thing be say fuel no dey Nigeria that time but as per bikers nah, we can chance with our awareness especially when you have "Loud Exhaust Pipes", mine was the loudest followed by Mondila's bike while Obeles was fridge silent cheesy

The ride was now getting boring, weather was very cool, the captain gave a waving thumbs up going thumbs down sign indicating he needs to refuel and I be like refuel bawo, just now now now, not knowing he was talking about filling body fluid. We entered this "joint" took some pepper soup and beer (Hero to be precised). How I rode to Asaba was a miracle. The cruise no be here, the maneuver no be here, the insight no be here, offcos headlamps were all up and bright enough, the followup no be here, the curves, bends and leaning no be here, sights were clear, banging on the road was something else, raving almost burst engine, we were practically scarring motorist with the loud pipes grin grin. There is joy in doing that.

Looking at our pressured hormones and adrenalanin, we had to push Obele with 600 cc to captain the convoy, to prevent myself and Mondila from trying out our bike's maximum speed. It's suppose to be a journey not a race, we need to get home in one piece smiley smiley.

At the end, we got home safe,no hiccups, accidents or falls. I miss that kinda moments.

Disclaimer
This post is in no way promoting drinking while/before driving or riding, I survived it doesnt mean you might. Do not try this. I have repented!! cool cool

3 Likes

Re: Tonight On Risky Me. by ecomalchemist(m): 5:44pm On Oct 04, 2020
Adrenaline junkies, wished I had y'all as my friends.

Majority of Nigerians cannot even relate, the only thing we do for fun is have sex, lol.

1 Like

Re: Tonight On Risky Me. by Brainboxman(m): 8:11am On Oct 05, 2020
The write-up was so entertaining!
Kudos!
Re: Tonight On Risky Me. by youngking22(m): 8:23am On Oct 05, 2020
my love for power-bikes no be here,if u stay at ebuttametta u go see bikes tire.

1 Like

Re: Tonight On Risky Me. by tasceige(m): 12:18pm On Jan 06, 2021
ecomalchemist:
Adrenaline junkies, wished I had y'all as my friends.

Majority of Nigerians cannot even relate, the only thing we do for fun is have sex, lol.

Confirm!!
When sad, happy, bored, hungry, blessed and feel like catching fun, you ride
Re: Tonight On Risky Me. by tasceige(m): 12:18pm On Jan 06, 2021
Brainboxman:
The write-up was so entertaining!
Kudos!
Thanks boss
Re: Tonight On Risky Me. by tasceige(m): 12:15pm On Jul 22, 2023
youngking22:
my love for power-bikes no be here,if u stay at ebuttametta u go see bikes tire.

You got a bike yet?

(1) (Reply)

Advice On Travelling To Canada / Passengers Lament Abandonment Of Kano Airport By Foreign Airlines / Africa’s Most Powerful Passports

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.