Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,740 members, 7,802,252 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 11:37 AM

Atiku, Sunday Dare, Saraki, Others Call For SARS Reform - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Atiku, Sunday Dare, Saraki, Others Call For SARS Reform (32100 Views)

Ike Ekweremadu's Son, Lloyd Weds Tiffany, Peter Obi, Saraki, Others Attend / Jonathan, Atiku, Saraki, Others Pay Tribute To Late President Yar’adua / PDP Bot Bars Members From Campaigning For Atiku, Saraki, Others (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Atiku, Sunday Dare, Saraki, Others Call For SARS Reform by Babtech001: 6:28am On Oct 04, 2020
Atiku, Sunday Dare, Saraki, Others Call For SARS Reform After Viral Shooting Video

Minister of Youths and Sport Development Sunday Dare has joined voices condemning the recurring brutality of the Nigeria Police Force’s Special Anti-Robbery Squad after video of the shooting of a young man in front of a hotel in Ughelli, Delta State went viral on Saturday, Igbere TV reports.

The video showed how there was confusion around Wetland Hotel in Ughelli where the policemen allegedly killed the victim and escaped with his vehicle – a white Lexus Sport Utility Vehicle.

Global rights group Amnesty International, former Vice President Atiku Abubakar and former Senate President Bukola Saraki have also condemned the act and called for the reform of SARS.

Mr Dare said the Federal Government would look into the reports of harassment of Nigerians by SARS.

Igbere TV reports that in a statement issued on Saturday by his special assistant John Joshua-Akanji, Dare said he had been monitoring reports of the attacks by SARS, adding that relevant government agencies will investigate the incidents.

“The minister of youth and sports development, who has also been monitoring the reports of alleged SARS harassment and attacks, has called for immediate investigations that will unravel the truth,” he said.

Former Vice President Atiku Abubakar, wrote;
“The Special Anti-Robbery Squad (SARS) unit of the Police was set up to confront violent crimes such as armed robbery, kidnapping and other related crimes.

“However, the unit has today morphed into an oppressor of the Nigerian masses who strive every day for a better life.

“Reports of intimidation, harassment and outright extortion by officers of the Special Anti-Robbery Squad (SARS) have continued unabated.

“I strongly condemn their cruel actions against our people, and I urge the government to rise to the occasion and nip this monstrosity in the bud with the seriousness it deserves.

“It is expedient that the activities of SARS are reviewed to ensure that the rogue elements are excised from the unit and sanity returned to its operations.”

https://twitter.com/atiku/status/1312448448587653122?s=20

Former Senate President Bukola Saraki wrote; “The reports of the continued harassment, illegal arrest, detention and high handedness by rogue cells of the SARS Unit of Police against innocent Nigerians - most of them young people - in spite of efforts to reform the Police & raise standards of policing, are disheartening.

“A situation where the officers of Police become a threat to the lives and property of the very citizens they swore to protect is condemnable and unacceptable.

“I call on the Federal Government to immediately put a stop to these reprehensible activities and restructure the unit to better perform its lawful duties of safe guarding the lives and property of the Nigerian people.”

https://twitter.com/bukolasaraki/status/1312472016847429633?s=20

3 Likes

Re: Atiku, Sunday Dare, Saraki, Others Call For SARS Reform by Iyoocartel(f): 6:30am On Oct 04, 2020
Iyooooooo cartel

Sarz is a big menace to the society. A supposed body that should be responsible to help with the capture of arm robbers is now going after working boys. Even if Nigeria army starts their madness against working boys also it won't stop niggass from chasing the bigger bag and bombing all night like isis.

Until my last day I'll be bombing and hustling even on my wedding day.

Dreams of my money to be long ka achala
Everyday ejim lighter with my working tools n'esewa
Iralu ula abulo maka aloba no na nleka
Enwe ndi nwe ego nwe ndi ego Nke fa di n'ile fa
If not for street some men kali ina efo kala

Bathroom silipon to loui Vuitton
No be fault say money dey turn me on
Sure bet na wety dey for my coupon
(Hussle wey give you avalon go give you gwagon)
Wety be the root of evil - paper
Why all man Dey hustle Dey and night - paper
Wety we go use make mama proud - paper
K'ihe eji agbalu boyeee na main man - paper

78 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Atiku, Sunday Dare, Saraki, Others Call For SARS Reform by ZeroAccess: 6:30am On Oct 04, 2020
I don't just understand how we came about this buhari. Fine, some of us might have made mistakes in 2015. but reelecting this man was the biggest disaster.

A president that careless about police and illiterate sars brutality. Non of this people are Messiah but having a president that we can engage on social media for immediate action would have saved lots of lifes.

193 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Atiku, Sunday Dare, Saraki, Others Call For SARS Reform by HeWrites(m): 6:30am On Oct 04, 2020
angry
Re: Atiku, Sunday Dare, Saraki, Others Call For SARS Reform by RapistOnBail: 6:31am On Oct 04, 2020
sad
Re: Atiku, Sunday Dare, Saraki, Others Call For SARS Reform by Born2Breed(f): 6:31am On Oct 04, 2020
SARS is an appendage of police turned into yielding funds for ogas at the top.

Every DPO and Area Commander have their own SARS unit and there is a weekly remittance to police ogas at the top.

152 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Atiku, Sunday Dare, Saraki, Others Call For SARS Reform by GeneralPula: 6:32am On Oct 04, 2020
Good one

2 Likes

Re: Atiku, Sunday Dare, Saraki, Others Call For SARS Reform by YorubaKinging: 6:32am On Oct 04, 2020
The end is near

Nigeria is heading for a break up

Be joyous because your freedom is nigh

50 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Atiku, Sunday Dare, Saraki, Others Call For SARS Reform by Digitiminimi: 6:32am On Oct 04, 2020
I no tell you? grin gringrin

26 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Atiku, Sunday Dare, Saraki, Others Call For SARS Reform by solmus: 6:32am On Oct 04, 2020

Take away ak47 war grade assualt riffle from them

Give them small arms like low calibre pistol, give them Barton, Kondo or Sanda, give them stun guns that is enough for normal patrol

52 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Atiku, Sunday Dare, Saraki, Others Call For SARS Reform by Ayoswit(f): 6:32am On Oct 04, 2020
The govt won't listen to these guys because they are from PDP. EndingSARS is d solution. undecided

41 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Atiku, Sunday Dare, Saraki, Others Call For SARS Reform by kozmokaz(m): 6:33am On Oct 04, 2020
#wasronsars is the way

#Endsarsnow was ignored

2 Likes

Re: Atiku, Sunday Dare, Saraki, Others Call For SARS Reform by atobs4real(m): 6:34am On Oct 04, 2020
When Saraki and Atiku were there , what did they do? Is SARS just starting this?

35 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Atiku, Sunday Dare, Saraki, Others Call For SARS Reform by southernbelle(f): 6:34am On Oct 04, 2020
In saner climes, investigations are carried out before any arrests are made and even then, the courts are usually involved; here, SARS do as they please.

These complaints have been going on for a while now, these officers need to be called to order. It's annoying that young people keep complaining about the menace and nothing serious is ever done. That Minister of Youth & Sports is not a very pro-active person.

33 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Atiku, Sunday Dare, Saraki, Others Call For SARS Reform by Coder2Client(m): 6:34am On Oct 04, 2020
Buhari is careless of what SARS is doing to Nigerian youth, why would he care when he said youth are lazy?

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Atiku, Sunday Dare, Saraki, Others Call For SARS Reform by Nobody: 6:34am On Oct 04, 2020
atobs4real:
When Saraki and Atiku were there , what did they do? Is SARS just starting this?

Pls dont make this political...

Otherwise, Where is your ancestor of all Democrats (Tinubu)... where is his input?

92 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Atiku, Sunday Dare, Saraki, Others Call For SARS Reform by dMetalist(m): 6:34am On Oct 04, 2020
apc people won't voice out ba
partisan politics one of our democracy killer

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Atiku, Sunday Dare, Saraki, Others Call For SARS Reform by Calabar1stSon: 6:34am On Oct 04, 2020
Another political jobbers just like their predecessors and incumbent leader! They're all hungry for one thing which is POWER! Every statements made are POLITICAL!

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Atiku, Sunday Dare, Saraki, Others Call For SARS Reform by chiedonedoor(m): 6:35am On Oct 04, 2020
Too bad.
1 Corinthians 6:9. KJV
Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind, [10] Nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners, shall inherit the kingdom of God. Christ is coming soon.
Repent to avoid HELL

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Atiku, Sunday Dare, Saraki, Others Call For SARS Reform by Nackzy: 6:35am On Oct 04, 2020
Sars is the worse police outfit in the whole world, Nigerian government likes anything that opresses its citizens

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Atiku, Sunday Dare, Saraki, Others Call For SARS Reform by laurel03(m): 6:35am On Oct 04, 2020
Anytime they killed innocent citizen that is when we always shout SARS reform.... we need police reform not only SARS...

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Atiku, Sunday Dare, Saraki, Others Call For SARS Reform by openbusiness6: 6:35am On Oct 04, 2020
As much as Buhari regime is a deaf and dumb government, this evil didn't start under APC, it had been like that since PDP time and they did NOTHING about it. Now they want to use it to campaign. This is just another political gimmick as far as I'm concerned, not about real change. I can't take anybody talking about reform seriously. If it's true they have gone rogue and deviated from their established functions, if the endless extra judiciary killings and assaults are all true, if we have a Gestapo style unit of police in the system, then any serious government or political aspirants should not be talking about reform. They will be talking about scrapping the Gestapo unit and prosecuting those responsible for the regular extrajudicial murder of citizens

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Atiku, Sunday Dare, Saraki, Others Call For SARS Reform by Eriggs: 6:35am On Oct 04, 2020
Iyoocartel:
Iyooooooo cartel

Sarz is a big menace to the society. A supposed body that should be responsible to help with the capture of arm robbers is now going after working boys. Even if Nigeria army starts their madness against working boys also it won't stop niggass from chasing the bigger bag and bombing all night like isis.

Until my last day I'll be bombing and hustling even on my wedding day.

Dreams of my money to be long ka achala
Everyday ejim lighter with my working tools n'esewa
U dey thief and u dey proud of it?
Shame no catch u, u still dey type lyrics dey sing on top stealing?
Many people don commit suicide after u scammed dem of all their live savings.
Take more reply below

Belial06:

In am attempt to appear cool you exposed yourself as a thief
You are a criminal and I support sars killing thieves like you every day

You defraud people everyday and call it hustle
You are a thief and an unarmed robber .. don't worry efcc Is on this forum
All of you will be caught and die uselessly

You damage the good will for those of us that hustle legit and you come here seeking sympathy from sars. No matter how hard you thieves try , you will never been seen as normal people, because you are all bastards

From slawmirr to every single criminal yahoo boys and girls here on this forum , you will all die uselessly at the hands of sars

Bastard i can't travel and discuss business abroad without being subjected to humiliating vetting and verification all because of bastards like you

My mums lawyers in London who where facilitating a business for her told her point blank that they can't use her local bank account, due to new fraud protection standard rules

You are all cursed and your lives will be cursed so will the lives of your children

Slowamirr and whatever you call yourself
I say amen to your prayers. Many of dem plenty for here..armed robbers using laptops feeling funky.
Many people these fraudsters don send to early grave. Lazy idiots that cannot think of any legit business to do in their lives. Barawos. Many of dem abound here typing trash 24/7.
They have made things go worse for many innocent and hardworking Nigerians. May God punish all fraudsters here and beyond.

29 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Atiku, Sunday Dare, Saraki, Others Call For SARS Reform by AirstarKane(f): 6:35am On Oct 04, 2020
Reform abi they should scrap it completely. Nigerian youths enough of entertainment and Lets face these people trying to decimate us. It's uncalled for that you just kill people especially people in the west and south. I would say it again they can't try this with Northern youths ! Southerners wake up they're killing your children right before your very eyes. I am lending my voice because I have siblings everywhere!
We owe this government one protest just one and they'd sit up. How can my freedom be publicly infringed and declared useless? O wrong nau .
If you decide to keep quiet remember, just remember e fit be you.

33 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Atiku, Sunday Dare, Saraki, Others Call For SARS Reform by Abeyjide: 6:35am On Oct 04, 2020
something must be done asap.
Re: Atiku, Sunday Dare, Saraki, Others Call For SARS Reform by Oxtonguy: 6:35am On Oct 04, 2020
Drama
Re: Atiku, Sunday Dare, Saraki, Others Call For SARS Reform by RichDad1(m): 6:36am On Oct 04, 2020
I’m wondering why this SARS menace is prevalence in the South. I’m not sure I’ve ever seen them tormenting anyone in the North undecided undecided
Curiously, they tend to also avoid areas dominated by Northerners in the South.
Our leaders in this part of this country are traitors.

44 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Atiku, Sunday Dare, Saraki, Others Call For SARS Reform by doggedfighter(f): 6:36am On Oct 04, 2020
SARS is benefitting them

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Atiku, Sunday Dare, Saraki, Others Call For SARS Reform by Iceyjayz: 6:36am On Oct 04, 2020
Buhari don't give a damn, his cows are better than Nigerians. cheesy

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Sticky Tales Around Diezani / Remi Babalola: I Left Jonathan’s Govt Because Of Financial Mismanagement / Chuka Umunna Weds Alice Sullivan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.