Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,876 members, 7,798,940 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 12:35 PM

Christian Songs We Might Have Been Singing Wrongly - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Christian Songs We Might Have Been Singing Wrongly (36507 Views)

Is It Bad To Sing Christian Songs In Secular Way? / Unscriptural Church Songs We Ignorantly Sing. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Christian Songs We Might Have Been Singing Wrongly by chrisxxx(m): 9:24am On Oct 04, 2020
Wer
Re: Christian Songs We Might Have Been Singing Wrongly by harbarzzy(m): 9:24am On Oct 04, 2020
Eriggs:
Especially this one, some will even add Kiboroki to the lyrics...

The most Excellency is Jesus :
This is a very popular Nigerian song sang mostly by Christians. However, unknown to them, they have been singing it wrongly.

The original lyrics is, ' the most excellent king is Jesus
bad guy..Kiboroki..orobokibo
Re: Christian Songs We Might Have Been Singing Wrongly by dMetalist(m): 9:24am On Oct 04, 2020
give me the correct lyrics of .... yayi yayi yesu yayi ... achubala tin....(speaking in ancient toungues)

5 Likes

Re: Christian Songs We Might Have Been Singing Wrongly by Bluezy13(m): 9:24am On Oct 04, 2020
Praise da Lord osingo singo praise da Lord

Praise da Lord!
Praise da Lord!
Praise da Lord!

Clap! Clap! Clap your hands clap your hands!!!
Aka! Aka! Aka! Aka!
Clap so that the devil will die in hell!!!

Praise! Praise! Praise! Praise!!!
Children of Gooooooooooood!!!
Shout alleluya!!!!

Osingo singo oooooooooo
Osingo singo oooooooooo....
Osingo...
Osingo...
Osingo... praise da Lord!!!!

3 Likes

Re: Christian Songs We Might Have Been Singing Wrongly by Bluezy13(m): 9:25am On Oct 04, 2020
dMetalist:
give me the correct lyrics of ....
yayi yayi yesu yayi ...
achubala tin....(speaking in ancient toungues)

Ask the Hausas.
Re: Christian Songs We Might Have Been Singing Wrongly by 2cribz: 9:26am On Oct 04, 2020
Abegi. Catholic hymns. To hell with catholic church
Re: Christian Songs We Might Have Been Singing Wrongly by XDaBOSS(m): 9:27am On Oct 04, 2020
Nawa ooo...Na crime to remix song again? Oga I too know, the remix is much sweeter..biko allow us sing our remix, we like am like that.

1 Like

Re: Christian Songs We Might Have Been Singing Wrongly by Bluezy13(m): 9:27am On Oct 04, 2020
dMetalist:
give me the correct lyrics of ....
yayi yayi yesu yayi ...
achubala tin....(speaking in ancient toungues)

Ask the Hausas
Re: Christian Songs We Might Have Been Singing Wrongly by AbuAeesha: 9:28am On Oct 04, 2020
just imagine how this christian posted with no distractions or foul words from other religions but come to Islamic post and see how how some christian faithful misbehave.
may God grant us wisdom and guidance
Re: Christian Songs We Might Have Been Singing Wrongly by Lamasta(m): 9:29am On Oct 04, 2020
We go dey hail
hail your name
day by day
all the way........grin grin

We have been singing it in niger way for a long time and God has been using it to answer our silent prayers grin
Re: Christian Songs We Might Have Been Singing Wrongly by Nobody: 9:30am On Oct 04, 2020
Ehiscotch:

Yet people get this tingle little feeling of approval and appreciation with something so inconsequential as a nairaland like.

Don't you think it is completely natural to feel that way?
If a person seeks validation (likes) from externals, they have done a stupid thing. Compliments and condemnation are things that are in the power of other people. To place our value on them, is to surrender into slavery, as our happiness becomes determined by the actions of other people. Inner validation is what every man should seek.
Re: Christian Songs We Might Have Been Singing Wrongly by tobechi74: 9:30am On Oct 04, 2020
Good.
My song you might have been singing wrongly

When children play outside

And mother calls them to come inside 

The laughter of playing in the yard

Suddenly turns into tears
No,we do not want to come inside

We want to play forever and ever

Then  things go from bad to worse

Mother comes with a cane to flog

Father inflict his punishment

So the joy of playing together 

Simply by believing it cannot stop

Turns into great misery for the kids

We are just grown up children

We believe our relationship will last forever

Our hobbies are always going to bring happiness

But they did not

We know one day,everything will come to an end

Our parents will die

Our friends will leave us

But when it happens we are shattered

Like children, so much like children

https://tobechispeaks./2017/06/08/just-like-children/
Re: Christian Songs We Might Have Been Singing Wrongly by Cecegracen: 9:31am On Oct 04, 2020
Kalatium:

3. Osingo singo, praise the Lord:
Someone must have invented this sweeter version which sounds ‘better’ than the original one. The person must have thought the original version was boring and as such decided to give it a nice touch.

The right thing is, ' O sing my soul and praise the Lord' .

[
No 3 is actually O sing on sing on praise the Lord. You can also sing: O clap on clap on praise the Lord or, O dance on dance on praise the Lord

3 Likes

Re: Christian Songs We Might Have Been Singing Wrongly by Worldlighttt247(m): 9:31am On Oct 04, 2020
Re: Christian Songs We Might Have Been Singing Wrongly by DeMoneyGenius: 9:32am On Oct 04, 2020
Chai!
I am........
Guilty as charged!
Thank you for this correction.
Re: Christian Songs We Might Have Been Singing Wrongly by koolest4christ(m): 9:32am On Oct 04, 2020
This is serious. Thanks for this. God bless you all.

1 Like

Re: Christian Songs We Might Have Been Singing Wrongly by Reference(m): 9:34am On Oct 04, 2020
Just sing to the Lord biko. What is all these. How many languages do you understand? The soul behind the song is what God looks at. Leave the rest for professors of theology, faculty of psaltery, department of psalms, hyms and spiritual songs. Very soon they will say if you don't have a 10 storey high pipe organ God will not hear your praise. In what language do the birds oif the air praise Him or that 3 year old kid that sings for joy onto the Lord.

4 Likes

Re: Christian Songs We Might Have Been Singing Wrongly by Callmeboss(m): 9:35am On Oct 04, 2020
Ahh.. see me trouble oo...

Do you know how many years we've been sing the 'osingo singo' song... I want to change but my dear its in the blood already.

Thanks for the correction.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Christian Songs We Might Have Been Singing Wrongly by perrezy(m): 9:37am On Oct 04, 2020
I am not in complete agreement with number 3
I believe it is "Oh singer sing on and praise the Lord"
Re: Christian Songs We Might Have Been Singing Wrongly by Reference(m): 9:37am On Oct 04, 2020
Lamasta:
We go dey hail
hail your name
day by day
all the way........grin grin

We have been singing it in niger way for a long time and God has been using it to answer our silent prayers grin

Abi oh. What is my business. Am I going to write a term paper at the gates of heaven. Bring praise in Swede or Cantonese, I will humm until I can crack it. No problems.

2 Likes

Re: Christian Songs We Might Have Been Singing Wrongly by Reference(m): 9:38am On Oct 04, 2020
perrezy:
I am not in complete agreement with number 3
I believe it is "Oh singer sing on and praise the Lord"

See the wahala...fight don start...over nothing...

1 Like

Re: Christian Songs We Might Have Been Singing Wrongly by ritcha: 9:40am On Oct 04, 2020
I want to sing a song, but I can only listen to the songs on the slotxo. Which is an app that I really like, you should give it a try.
Re: Christian Songs We Might Have Been Singing Wrongly by MrNipplesLover(m): 9:40am On Oct 04, 2020
Thank you, Jesus. ❤

1 Like

Re: Christian Songs We Might Have Been Singing Wrongly by Adakintroy: 9:42am On Oct 04, 2020
They are just party songs. It does not reach down to the soul.

Turn me around Jehovah..turn me around Jehovah..eleh..elehi Lele .

Am asking wetin be this. It's a far cry from "then sing my soul".

But one of this most poorly sang song with no meditation behind it is "everything written about you is great"

It took a man of God. one very hated by the majority to correct it. And it's was simple almost too simple correction.

He said it should have been..."Everything about you"..

"Everything written" limited God to what is in prints or known.

But simply "everything about you" include known and possibly unknown.

2 Likes

Re: Christian Songs We Might Have Been Singing Wrongly by Adakintroy: 9:44am On Oct 04, 2020
They are just party songs. It does not reach down to the soul.

Turn me around Jehovah..turn me around Jehovah..eleh..elehi Lele .

Am asking wetin be this. It's a far cry from "then sing my soul".

But one of this most poorly sang song with no meditation behind it is "everything written about you is great"

It took a man of God. one very hated by the majority to correct it. And it's was simple almost too simple correction.

He said it should have been..."Everything about you"..

"Everything written" limited God to what is in prints or known.

But simply "everything about you" include known and possibly unknown.

Which is what God is about. But it's seem we are more concern with rythm and melody than actually meaning of things.
Re: Christian Songs We Might Have Been Singing Wrongly by Myself2(m): 9:49am On Oct 04, 2020
orunto27:
We sing in TONGUES. GOD DISCERNS THE MEANING.

Hmmm
Re: Christian Songs We Might Have Been Singing Wrongly by ElValiente(m): 9:49am On Oct 04, 2020
3 got me like grin grin grin guilty lol
Re: Christian Songs We Might Have Been Singing Wrongly by AmazingELixir: 9:51am On Oct 04, 2020
jaeyking:
dont really know who pushed this to front page on a Sunday for goodness sake.

there are better post than this

What is better than this on a sunday ....my friend I hope you're on your way to service?
Re: Christian Songs We Might Have Been Singing Wrongly by Bahamas95(m): 9:55am On Oct 04, 2020
I am guilty of that number 2.

Abeg OP Osingo singo nai sweet pass jor, I will continue singing it like that. grin
Re: Christian Songs We Might Have Been Singing Wrongly by Zurich1844(f): 9:55am On Oct 04, 2020
OYENIYIJK:
Nice.

The one I don't understand is:

Almighty God..... You will never share your Glory with anybody

I was like, wtf, why are we serving him if he is not to share His Glory with us?
Isaiah 42:8-10. That song is a bible quotation. God's glory is HIS supremacy.

3 Likes

Re: Christian Songs We Might Have Been Singing Wrongly by Angelfrost(m): 9:56am On Oct 04, 2020
Universally, songs are never truly as the original in beats and lyrics when covered by others, whether Gospel or secular.

In this case, as long as we are genuinely worshipping and praising God, nothing else matters.
Re: Christian Songs We Might Have Been Singing Wrongly by Danny50: 9:56am On Oct 04, 2020
Guilty of all expecially that hail your name. And when ever am singing that hail your name dady by day i always see my self in heaven stroling with abraham and jesus

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Benny Hinn & Pat Robertson, The False Prophets Of The U.S 2012 Election / Pastor Augustina Drumgbe 'Oyegeyege' Dies During Child Birth / TB Joshua Officially Banned From Cameroun

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.