Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,939 members, 7,806,719 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 09:44 PM

Beware Of The Doctrine Of The Pharisees - Jesus - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Beware Of The Doctrine Of The Pharisees - Jesus (869 Views)

Do You Subscribe To The Doctrine Of Trinity? If "Yes", Take This Challenge! / What Does Bible Mean By "The Righteousness That Exceeds That Of The Pharisees?" / My Take On The Doctrine Of Trinity And Those Saying Jesus Is God Almighty! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Beware Of The Doctrine Of The Pharisees - Jesus by jesusjnr2020(m): 9:03am On Oct 04, 2020
Beware Of The Doctrine Of The Pharisees - Jesus

Matthew 16:6 (KJV)

Then Jesus said unto them, Take heed and beware of the leaven of the Pharisees and of the Sadducees.

Matthew 16:12 (KJV)

Then understood they how that he bade them not beware of the leaven of bread, but of the doctrine of the Pharisees and of the Sadducees.

Hence Jesus warned His disciples to be wary of the doctrine of the Pharisees, while He was here on Earth.

The Pharisees were said by Jesus to have transgressed and made the commandments of God to be of none effect by their traditions, as they taught the traditions of men as doctrines. Matthew 15:3-9

And one of the major constituents of the doctrines of the Pharisees was tithing. As they placed tithing one of the least matters of the law above its weightier matter such as justice, mercy and faith. Matthew 23:23

On the contrary, Jesus never spoke about tithing in His doctrine except on two occasions. And both were to address the misleading and erroneous doctrine and mindset of the Pharisees. Matthew 23:23, Luke 18:10-14.

The Pharisee were also said to be covetous persons who derided Jesus when He exposed their love for money and the things of this world, which forms the basis of their erroneous doctrine and suggests where their obsession for tithes stems from. Luke 16:9-15

But despite this warning of Jesus concerning the doctrine of the Pharisees, many of the church appear to have taken to it.

The doctrine of the Pharisees commands a huge following in the present-day church, just as it did in the days of Jesus where the Pharisees, despite being an abomination in God's sight, had a lot of followers and were highly esteemed of men.

The preachers of this doctrine in the church can be said to be the modern day version of their counterparts in the days of Jesus, and one way to spot them is the extent they go to emphasize tithing.

They place it above the weightier matters of the Teachings of Jesus, and have hence made the commandments and promises of Jesus to be of none effect in the lives of men.

Hence today, the church is nothing compared to what it was when the church heeded the warning of Jesus and kept the doctrine of the Pharisees away from the church.

The church cannot continue to ignore such warnings of Jesus, and expect that it would be well with her.

It's not too late to heed what Jesus says!

Beware of the doctrine of the Pharisees!

God bless.
Re: Beware Of The Doctrine Of The Pharisees - Jesus by delkuf(m): 9:28am On Oct 04, 2020
jesusjnr2020:

Then Jesus said unto them, Take heed and beware of the leaven of the Pharisees and of the Sadducees.

Then understood they how that he bade them not beware of the leaven of bread, but of the doctrine of the Pharisees and of the Sadducees.

Hence Jesus warned His disciples to be wary of the doctrine of the Pharisees, while He was here on Earth.

The Pharisees were said by Jesus to have transgressed and made the commandments of God to be of none effect by their traditions, as they taught the traditions of men as doctrines. Matthew 15:3-9

And one of the major constituents of the doctrines of the Pharisees was tithing. As they placed tithing one of the least matters of the law above its weightier matter such as justice, mercy and faith. Matthew 23:23

On the contrary, Jesus never spoke about tithing in His doctrine except on two occasions. And both were to address the misleading and erroneous doctrine and mindset of the Pharisees. Matthew 23:23, Luke 18:10-14.

The Pharisee were also said to be covetous persons who derided Jesus when He exposed their love for money and the things of this world, which forms the basis of their erroneous doctrine and suggests where their obsession for tithes stems from. Luke 16:9-15

But despite this warning of Jesus concerning the doctrine of the Pharisees, many of the church appear to have taken to it.

The doctrine of the Pharisees commands a huge following in the present-day church, just as it did in the days of Jesus where the Pharisees, despite being an abomination in God's sight, had a lot of followers and were highly esteemed of men.

The preachers of this doctrine in the church can be said to be the modern day version of their counterparts in the days of Jesus, and one way to spot them is the extent they go to emphasize tithing.

They place it above the weightier matters of the Teachings of Jesus, and have hence made the commandments and promises of Jesus to be of none effect in the lives of men.

Hence today, the church is nothing compared to what it was when the church heeded the warning of Jesus and kept the doctrine of the Pharisees away from the church.

The church cannot continue to ignore such warnings of Jesus, and expect that it would be well with her.

God bless.
What is your problem with tithe. Why can't you let that pay there tithe continue paying and you that don't continue not paying. Let me ask the question, if I pay my tithe, is it a sin before God
Re: Beware Of The Doctrine Of The Pharisees - Jesus by jesusjnr2020(m): 9:35am On Oct 04, 2020
delkuf:
What is your problem with tithe. Why can't you let that pay there tithe continue paying and you that don't continue not paying. Let me ask the question, if I pay my tithe, is it a sin before God
Please move on if you're too blind to see all you could derive from all I said here especially the saying of Jesus but just that about tithes.

It means it wasn't meant for you.

Thanks.
Re: Beware Of The Doctrine Of The Pharisees - Jesus by delkuf(m): 9:42am On Oct 04, 2020
jesusjnr2020:
Please move on if you're too blind to see all you could derive from all I said here especially the saying of Jesus but just that about tithes.

It means it wasn't meant for you.

Thanks.
Answer my question. Am I committing any if I continue paying my tithe.

This is not about me moving on, this is about you stop saying nonsense. Why can't you just let those that pay theirs be.
Re: Beware Of The Doctrine Of The Pharisees - Jesus by jesusjnr2020(m): 10:08am On Oct 04, 2020
delkuf:
Answer my question. Am I committing any if I continue paying my tithe.

This is not about me moving on, this is about you stop saying nonsense. Why can't you just let those that pay theirs be.
I said you should move on if you chose to remain blind.

I have never said anyone should stop paying tithes, never!

If you check what I said here you'd not see anything that suggests that, because I'm not against paying of tithes but when it's placed above the most important things like Justice, mercy, and faith as Jesus said to the Pharisees.

Didn't you hear that Oyedepo your blind leader go the extent of saying Job, whose shoe laces he's not fit to tie, suffered losses because he didn't tithe, just to justify paying of tithes?

Are you too blind to see how heretic that saying is?

Imagine who Job was in the sight of God and have that spiritual nonentity falsely accuse him of such a thing and you're worried about me?

You should worry about yourself that you're still too blind to see the error in such things.

You still have a very long way to go, because what I'm doing here is exactly what Jesus did in His days, and would have done if He were still here, but you're here calling it nonsense.
Re: Beware Of The Doctrine Of The Pharisees - Jesus by delkuf(m): 10:14am On Oct 04, 2020
jesusjnr2020:
I said you should move on if you chose to remain blind.

I have never said anyone should stop paying tithes, never!

If you check what I said here you'd not see anything that suggests that, because I'm not against paying of tithes but when it's placed above the most important things like Justice, mercy, and faith as Jesus said to the Pharisees.

Didn't you hear that Oyedepo your blind leader go the extent of saying Job, whose shoe laces he's not fit to tie, suffered losses because he didn't tithe, just to justify paying of tithes?

Are you too blind to see how heretic that saying is?

Imagine who Job was in the sight of God and have that spiritual nonentity falsely accuse him of such a thing and you're worried about me?

You should worry about yourself that you're still too blind to see the error in such things.

You still have a very long way to go, because what I'm doing here is exactly what Jesus did in His days, and would have done if He were still here, but you're here calling it nonsense.
Job is now the Lord Jesus Christ that they can't talk about abi. it is you that is blind. you are blind to the things of God that is why you keep making bet on some thing that you can not do. Get use to it, people will keep paying tithe either you like it or not
Re: Beware Of The Doctrine Of The Pharisees - Jesus by jesusjnr2020(m): 10:29am On Oct 04, 2020
delkuf:
Job is now the Lord Jesus Christ that they can't talk about abi. it is you that is blind. you are blind to the things of God that is why you keep making bet on some thing that you can not do. Get use to it, people will keep paying tithe either you like it or not
I don't worship men but God and this is what God Himself said about Job just in case you are ignorant of it:

Job 1:8 (KJV)

And the LORD said unto Satan, Hast thou considered my servant Job, that there is none like him in the earth, a perfect and an upright man, one that feareth God, and escheweth evil?

Now that came out of God's mouth directly, and this is the same person your blind leader who I believe is an abomination in God's sight said suffered losses because he didn't tithe.

Imagine the audacity, so you should know why it pisses me off so much, because such men who God can proudly display before Satan are hard to come by, so if you speak against such men, you speak against me.

By the way, I believe God deserves more than ten percent, but a hundred percent, and that's the level I walk at. A hundred percent not ten.

So if you think I'm against people who give just ten percent, you're completely lost. I believe something is better than nothing even though God deserves better.

And I also believe it's very important to give to the poor because Jesus said in giving to them, one gives to Him.
Re: Beware Of The Doctrine Of The Pharisees - Jesus by delkuf(m): 10:53am On Oct 04, 2020
jesusjnr2020:
I don't worship men but God and this is what God Himself said about Job just in case you are ignorant of it:

And the LORD said unto Satan, Hast thou considered my servant Job, that there is none like him in the earth, a perfect and an upright man, one that feareth God, and escheweth evil?

Now that came out of God's mouth directly, and this is the same person your blind leader who I believe is an abomination in God's sight said suffered losses because he didn't tithe.

Imagine the audacity, so you should know why it pisses me off so much, because such men who God can proudly display before Satan are hard to come by, so if you speak against such men, you speak against me.

By the way, I believe God deserves more than ten percent, but a hundred percent, and that's the level I walk at. A hundred percent not ten.

So if you think I'm against people who give just ten percent, you're completely lost. I believe something is better than nothing even though God deserves better.

And I also believe it's very important to give to the poor because Jesus said in giving to them, one gives to Him.
You keep taking things out of context. He said probably job did
Re: Beware Of The Doctrine Of The Pharisees - Jesus by jesusjnr2020(m): 11:03am On Oct 04, 2020
delkuf:
You keep taking things out of context. He said probably job did
Lol!

Keep justifying evil. Your choice.

I have gone.
Re: Beware Of The Doctrine Of The Pharisees - Jesus by delkuf(m): 11:15am On Oct 04, 2020
jesusjnr2020:

have watch that video. is it not possible that the reason Job experience what he went through was because he didn't pay tithe. So that is why you have the audacity to call a man of God blind and an abomination before God. No wonder you have lost relevance on nl
Re: Beware Of The Doctrine Of The Pharisees - Jesus by jesusjnr2020(m): 11:43am On Oct 04, 2020
delkuf:
have watch that video. is it not possible that the reason Job experience what he went through was because he didn't pay tithe. So that is why you have the audacity to call a man of God blind and an abomination before God. No wonder you have lost relevance on nl
A man of God to the blind. You would have said same of the pharisees who were an abominations in the sight of God. He seems to be your god now, that even what God said about Job means nothing to you.

Continue blindly following the mammon worshipper, as for me, He's nothing compared to Job who God could proudly display before Satan, as Oyedepo even serves Satan's interest more than God in my honest opinion.

Some say I'm only a phenomenon in NL, others say I've lost relevance in Nl, so na who I go believe?

Nontheless, you don't have any idea of what you're talking about, because if I had any relevance here, how did I get it? By doing exactly what I do now from the onset.

But to be honest I don't give a dead cell about all that earthly relevance like you worldly souls, because what's more important to me is that I'm relevant where it matters most which is heaven.

You really need to check out my relevance there. You'd be surprised to see how deceived you've been.

What I have, no man gave it to me, so man can take it away.
Re: Beware Of The Doctrine Of The Pharisees - Jesus by jesusjnr2020(m): 7:28am On Oct 05, 2020
Beware!
Re: Beware Of The Doctrine Of The Pharisees - Jesus by jesusjnr2020(m): 7:01am On Oct 06, 2020
Take heed!
Re: Beware Of The Doctrine Of The Pharisees - Jesus by jesusjnr2020(m): 6:48am On Oct 07, 2020
Don't fall for it!
Re: Beware Of The Doctrine Of The Pharisees - Jesus by jesusjnr2020(m): 7:26am On Oct 08, 2020
It's not of God!
Re: Beware Of The Doctrine Of The Pharisees - Jesus by jesusjnr2020(m): 7:29am On Oct 12, 2020
It's dangerous to your spiritual health.
Re: Beware Of The Doctrine Of The Pharisees - Jesus by jesusjnr2020(m): 7:02am On Oct 13, 2020
It's a thorn!
Re: Beware Of The Doctrine Of The Pharisees - Jesus by jesusjnr2020(m): 7:14am On Oct 14, 2020
jesusjnr2020:
It's a thorn!
It would choke the Word of God in your life and make it impossible for it to bear fruit to perfection.
Re: Beware Of The Doctrine Of The Pharisees - Jesus by jesusjnr2020(m): 7:34am On Oct 15, 2020
Do not give it any room in your life.
Re: Beware Of The Doctrine Of The Pharisees - Jesus by jesusjnr2020(m): 7:30am On Oct 16, 2020
It's has sent many to destruction.
Re: Beware Of The Doctrine Of The Pharisees - Jesus by jesusjnr2020(m): 6:57am On Oct 17, 2020
It profits nothing.
Re: Beware Of The Doctrine Of The Pharisees - Jesus by jesusjnr2020(m): 3:17am On Oct 18, 2020
Oludami1:

Please, is Living Faith (Winners chapel) a true bible believing church? I attend it but I cant really say if it is. The dress code or permission do i say is baffling. And last week our pastor was emphasizing possessing possessions. It just leaves me confused.
Please, opinions are highly welcome
Oludami1:

There is a certain feeling in my mind. I want to help win souls and invest my time for my creator and saviour but I also want to be assurqed I aint doing the right thing at the wrong place (i have met cele and c&s prophets so kindly understand my intense scrutiny, when you dont want to be spending your day(life?) fetching souls, time, trust and hope into the wrong bucket...

Do not be surprised if no one tries to respond to your concerns here. Many here are your fellow church members, so even those who are supposed to give you the right answers to your questions may want to shy away from addressing it because they are afraid not to offend such ones.

I had to bring you here to avoid derailing that thread. The concerns you have proves you truly love the Lord and very much care about His interest. That's what makes you seek answers.

I don't know if you already know me, because I'm one of those who openly disapproves of David Oyedepo here, because of the reason you gave (not so much that of dressed code) which is actually what this thread is about.

Jesus warned us to beware of the doctrine of the Pharisees, yet that doctrine is what he and the likes of him have made central to their teachings.

You can go through this thread to have an idea of what it entails. It chokes the Word of God and makes it very difficult for someone to bear fruit to perfection. It entails the inclination towards the riches of this world and cares of this life etc. which are the things of this world and the flesh, so they profit nothing at the end.

I am not so sure of your meeting of cele and c&s prophets because I have a feeling their foundation is wrong. What I would advise you to do is to pray to God that He guides and helps you to make the right decision, and I believe because of your sincerity which is well obvious, He would grant your request.

I would also be praying for you because there's nothing I love more than to see people who genuinely seek to please God and to serve His interest and not those of men.

God bless.
Re: Beware Of The Doctrine Of The Pharisees - Jesus by CodeTemplar: 5:34am On Oct 18, 2020
jesusjnr2020:

God bless.

. . . I have always known you as a subtly agent of darkness sent to weaken the faith of Christians and you just proved it again.

See the way you twisted Matthews 23:23, it reminds of how you father himself twisted the scriptures when deceiving Adam & Eve and when tempting Jesus.

Mathews 23:23 clearly ends with "... these ought ye to have done, and not to leave the other undone"

Any average primary 1 pupil knows the word " these" in that verse is talking about multiple items (law, judgement and faith) and the phrase "the other" is referring to tithe.
Jesus clearly clarified the issue by say all ought to be followed and done.

Clearly someone is following the footsteps of his father the devil.
Re: Beware Of The Doctrine Of The Pharisees - Jesus by jesusjnr2020(m): 6:57am On Oct 18, 2020
CodeTemplar:

. . . I have always known you as a subtly agent of darkness sent to weaken the faith of Christians and you just proved it again.

See the way you twisted Matthews 23:23, it reminds of how you father himself twisted the scriptures when deceiving Adam & Eve and when tempting Jesus.

Mathews 23:23 clearly ends with "... these ought ye to have done, and not to leave the other undone"

Any average primary 1 pupil knows the word " these" in that verse is talking about multiple items (law, judgement and faith) and the phrase "the other" is referring to tithe.
Jesus clearly clarified the issue by say all ought to be followed and done.

Clearly someone is following the footsteps of his father the devil.
How you ever bothered asking yourself why the only times Jesus spoke about tithes was when He was rebuking the Pharisees of their evil ways?

You obviously wouldn't because you're one of them.

Continue deceiving yourself. At some point we all would get to know who is really an agent of Satan or not.

You can see that I'm not the only one concerned about the doctrine of the pharisee being taught by your mentor and those under him.

This is not the first and this wouldn't be the last member of your church who would be uncomfortable with it, because those who are the true sheep of Jesus would be able to detect when they are being fed by the words of the flesh which profits nothing instead of the Words of the Spirit which gives life eternal.

But tares like you who are not God but of the devil, would not be able to discern this because you're blind to the Truth.
Re: Beware Of The Doctrine Of The Pharisees - Jesus by jesusjnr2020(m): 7:24am On Oct 19, 2020
Don't entertain it.

It would destroy you!

@Oludami1 have you seen my mail?

I hope you realize that I've replied your pm.
Re: Beware Of The Doctrine Of The Pharisees - Jesus by Oludami1: 8:03am On Oct 20, 2020
jesusjnr2020:
Don't entertain it.
It would destroy you!
. Yes. I am sorry I aint replied My mails

1 Like

Re: Beware Of The Doctrine Of The Pharisees - Jesus by Oludami1: 8:03am On Oct 20, 2020
jesusjnr2020:
Don't entertain it.
It would destroy you!
. Yes. I am sorry I aint replied My mails
Re: Beware Of The Doctrine Of The Pharisees - Jesus by jesusjnr2020(m): 8:05am On Oct 20, 2020
Oludami1:

Yes. I am sorry I aint replied My mails
It okay.

I just wanted to be sure if you'd seen it.
Re: Beware Of The Doctrine Of The Pharisees - Jesus by jesusjnr2020(m): 7:34am On Oct 21, 2020
Don't entertain it!
Re: Beware Of The Doctrine Of The Pharisees - Jesus by jesusjnr2020(m): 7:38am On Oct 22, 2020
Do not fall for it.
Re: Beware Of The Doctrine Of The Pharisees - Jesus by jesusjnr2020(m): 10:08am On Oct 23, 2020
It's deceptive!
Re: Beware Of The Doctrine Of The Pharisees - Jesus by jesusjnr2020(m): 7:46am On Oct 24, 2020
It's materialistic.

(1) (2) (Reply)

If U Were God, What Would U Have Done? / Muslims Associating A Human Being With Allah!? / The true definition of adultery according to the Jewish Bible

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.