Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,877 members, 7,802,829 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 10:46 PM

Shagari’s Son Aminu Apologises To Jonathan, Knocks Buhari - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Shagari’s Son Aminu Apologises To Jonathan, Knocks Buhari (2832 Views)

South African Newspaper, IOL, Knocks Buhari Over Frequent Foreign Medical Trips / Edo 2020: Atiku Knocks Buhari Over Police Siege On Wike / What Aminu Shagari, son of President Shagari said about Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Shagari’s Son Aminu Apologises To Jonathan, Knocks Buhari by Builderman(m): 11:40am On Oct 04, 2020
Shagari’s son Aminu apologises to Jonathan, knocks Buhari

Aminu Shagari
Aminu Shagari, three-term House of Representatives member and lawyer son of the late President Shehu Shagari, has apologized to the former Nigerian president, Goodluck Ebele Jonathan.

Aminu said he helped to bring down Jonathan’s government to ensure Muhammadu Buhari emerged despite that as a military officer he led a coup that dethroned his father in 1983.

Mr. Shagari, who was president between 1979 and 1983, passed away on December 28, aged 93. He was removed in a military coup led by Nigeria’s current president, Muhammadu Buhari.

Years after, Mr. Buhari was elected as a civilian president in 2015 and while preparing to run for another tenure in 2019 he traveled to Sokoto to pay a condolence visit to the family of the former president.

He also ordered that flags should be flown at half-mast for three days at all military formations and public places in the country.

After his visit, Aminu called him out Buhari by stating that the President never gave “words of comfort” during his visit.

He said: “We didn’t hear such because he didn’t say anything. We gave him the condolence register. He only signed and put the date. Personally, I was very disappointed with that. I expected that at least, as Muslim, he would write, ‘May Allah forgive him and may Allah forgive us when our time comes.’ That makes me extremely disappointed in him.”

And in a recent interview with Punch, Aminu stated that Buhari has not contacted his family or deliver the promises to immortalize their father.

“I was never contacted and the Presidency has not contacted our family, to the best of my knowledge. Nothing has changed; the only thing I remember is that, at a campaign rally in Bauchi, after his visit to our father’s residence in Sokoto, prayers were offered for my dad. This probably was an afterthought following the backlash that followed his (Buhari) mere signing of the condolence register, with no written or verbal condolence message.

“This is somebody we really supported, campaigned for and mobilised people for his election because we obediently adhered to our father’s dictate to forgive and let bygone be bygone. The same Muhammadu Buhari, in the condolence letter he gave the state governor (Aminu Waziri Tambuwal), promised to immortalise our dad. Close to two years after his death, he has yet to fulfil his promise. Whereas he recently named certain landmarks after some Nigerians who are still alive, including former President Goodluck Jonathan.

“Let me use this opportunity to tender a public apology to former President Jonathan and seek forgiveness because I helped to divide the Peoples Democratic Party and bring down his government, but, I have found out that what we thought about his stewardship was not entirely true. I expect President Buhari to also ask for forgiveness having found out that most of the things he accused my dad’s and President Jonathan’s administrations of are not true.”

Speaking on the current state of Nigeria, Aminu said “I am very disappointed.” He noted that Nigeria’s only hope is in good governance.

“I believe if we get it right in this aspect of our national life, our story would turn from bad to good within a short time. With emphasis, all we require is a credible and sincere leadership that will maximise our God-given talents and resources. A lot of us committed so much to bring this administration on board. As an individual, I assumed that, if nothing else, we would get the issue of security right, and every other thing would follow.

“Unfortunately, our security situation has degenerated from bad to worse and the President has refused to listen to every voice of reasoning. Rather, he has turned a deaf ear to what people are saying and insisted on keeping the service chiefs.

“Just recently, the government slammed the entire citizenry with a double post-COVID-19 assault – fuel price hike and increase in electricity tariff, without considering the income of Nigerians. With the minimum wage, in the face of the depreciating value of the naira, how do you expect an average Nigerian worker to survive, meet their family’s financial needs, and be happy?.

pmnewsnigeria.com

4 Likes

Re: Shagari’s Son Aminu Apologises To Jonathan, Knocks Buhari by SmartProf(m): 11:41am On Oct 04, 2020
The apology has come too late cos GEJ has moved on...From a Buhari hailer, you have become a wailer. Enjoy the change abeg. Before 2023 the number of apologies that will come will surpass the total votes recorded since the inception of Big Brother Naija.

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Shagari’s Son Aminu Apologises To Jonathan, Knocks Buhari by DenreleDave(m): 11:42am On Oct 04, 2020
More apologies to come

5 Likes

Re: Shagari’s Son Aminu Apologises To Jonathan, Knocks Buhari by Baawaa(m): 11:42am On Oct 04, 2020
Aminu said he helped to bring down Jonathan’s government to ensure Muhammadu Buhari emerged despite that as a military officer he led a coup that dethroned his father in 1983.
You are a bastard,keep your story for the fools like you

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Shagari’s Son Aminu Apologises To Jonathan, Knocks Buhari by SLAP44: 11:44am On Oct 04, 2020
Ok
Re: Shagari’s Son Aminu Apologises To Jonathan, Knocks Buhari by BestGospelMusic: 11:47am On Oct 04, 2020
Nigeria deserves better leaders.

1 Like

Re: Shagari’s Son Aminu Apologises To Jonathan, Knocks Buhari by psucc(m): 11:48am On Oct 04, 2020
Though the article is an old one, 2018, the apology still keep coming.
May be Lai Mohammed will be the last to apologise in 2022.
Re: Shagari’s Son Aminu Apologises To Jonathan, Knocks Buhari by namqul(m): 11:53am On Oct 04, 2020
Shey I warn you guys here and I personally advise some of you here.

2 Likes

Re: Shagari’s Son Aminu Apologises To Jonathan, Knocks Buhari by Nobody: 11:56am On Oct 04, 2020
Una all go dey alright Las Las

2 Likes

Re: Shagari’s Son Aminu Apologises To Jonathan, Knocks Buhari by WhizdomXX(m): 12:01pm On Oct 04, 2020
The Change Dosage. It's a very strong medicine. It's start showing effects 5 years from it's date of application.By 2023 we'll say NO to failed leaders
Nigerians choose wisely don't vote on religious or ethnic sentiments. Vote for development not more looting. Reject this failed leaders not praise singing them. The power is in your hands.Say NO
Muslim youths abeg we take Allah beg una
Christain youths we take Jesus beg una.
God isa God of development not one of Suffering
NIGERIA WILL BE GREAT AGAIN. GOD BLESS US.

1 Like

Re: Shagari’s Son Aminu Apologises To Jonathan, Knocks Buhari by Nobody: 12:02pm On Oct 04, 2020
grin.. YOU GO KNOCK TIRE grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Shagari’s Son Aminu Apologises To Jonathan, Knocks Buhari by crispus09(m): 12:03pm On Oct 04, 2020
this one eye just open, but still there are some foolish zombies here on NL shouting sai baba
Re: Shagari’s Son Aminu Apologises To Jonathan, Knocks Buhari by Nobody: 12:04pm On Oct 04, 2020
Keep your apology
Both are failures

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Shagari’s Son Aminu Apologises To Jonathan, Knocks Buhari by FarahAideed: 12:07pm On Oct 04, 2020
Aminu Shagari is a man with poor Judgement ...So after seeing the damage Buhari did to your father's achievements and Nigeria Economy in the 80s you still went ahead to elect him ? Shagari family were the first high value victims of Buharis lies and incompetence and so they should should have known better than support him for any Election

5 Likes

Re: Shagari’s Son Aminu Apologises To Jonathan, Knocks Buhari by RenaissanceGuy: 12:09pm On Oct 04, 2020
"I expected that at least, as Muslim, he would write, ‘May Allah forgive him and may Allah forgive us when our time comes.’ That makes me extremely disappointed in him.” grin

When will Muslim know that prayers for a dead person is totally useless?

1 Like

Re: Shagari’s Son Aminu Apologises To Jonathan, Knocks Buhari by OneCorner: 12:11pm On Oct 04, 2020
It’s funny how people think Jonathan or PDP are the solution to Nigeria’s problem
Igbos will be acting wise by agitating fir restructuring or a separate country until you see all of them flock around PDP or Jonathan as if he’s the messiah

3 Likes

Re: Shagari’s Son Aminu Apologises To Jonathan, Knocks Buhari by Racoon(m): 12:14pm On Oct 04, 2020
Everybody eye don open.Reality is more clearer now.
Change is gone.Next level is here.Ndi zombies another IPOB have repented.

1 Like

Re: Shagari’s Son Aminu Apologises To Jonathan, Knocks Buhari by dangermouse(m): 12:17pm On Oct 04, 2020
Common sense is not so common anyway. Enjoy ur change

1 Like

Re: Shagari’s Son Aminu Apologises To Jonathan, Knocks Buhari by Okoroawusa: 12:20pm On Oct 04, 2020
So because Buhari didn't give you money for your father's death he is now a bad person?

Through your father's influence you have been in the corridors of power since 1999 thereby making u a rich man yet u r not happy.

Kitikpa rachapugi anya
Re: Shagari’s Son Aminu Apologises To Jonathan, Knocks Buhari by CodeTemplar: 1:20pm On Oct 04, 2020
The self centered son only changed after realizing his brother Buhari does not give a hoot about them

1 Like

Re: Shagari’s Son Aminu Apologises To Jonathan, Knocks Buhari by naija4life247: 1:22pm On Oct 04, 2020
Okay. The apple does not fall far from its tree. Thus idiot us as stupid as his useless father. Anyway, Alex Ekwueme with his PhD still accepted to be VP to semi-literate Sheu Shagari just because Igbos are scared to face Yorubas in a general election.

1 Like

Re: Shagari’s Son Aminu Apologises To Jonathan, Knocks Buhari by naija4life247: 1:26pm On Oct 04, 2020
Supermugu:
grin.. YOU GO KNOCK TIRE grin grin grin

Goatluck already turned himself to Buhari's errand boy
Re: Shagari’s Son Aminu Apologises To Jonathan, Knocks Buhari by Virginnn(f): 1:35pm On Oct 04, 2020
Buhari has a rogue followership who accepts whatever Adesina, Garba And Lai Mohammed churns out without analysing or critically examining it.
Lai would tell them that they are better fed now than when Jonathan was president. They would applaud and jump for joy despite the fact that most of them have not eaten for 3 days.

1 Like

Re: Shagari’s Son Aminu Apologises To Jonathan, Knocks Buhari by Ojiofor: 1:37pm On Oct 04, 2020
Okoroawusa:
So because Buhari didn't give you money for your father's death he is now a bad person?

Through your father's influence you have been in the corridors of power since 1999 thereby making u a rich man yet u r not happy.

Kitikpa rachapugi anya

Okoroawusa take it easy na,why are you swearing and cursing for sake of Buhari?
At least Aminu is the son of Shagari,are you Buhari's son?
Honestly ayam not understanding.

1 Like

Re: Shagari’s Son Aminu Apologises To Jonathan, Knocks Buhari by Okoroawusa: 1:41pm On Oct 04, 2020
Ojiofor:

Okoroawusa take it easy na,why are you swearing and cursing for sake of Buhari?
At least Aminu is the son of Shagari,are you Buhari's son?
Honestly ayam not understanding.
Hahahaha Ojiofor nwannem... long time no see.

I am Buhari's s adopted son o!. So if you attack my father I attack you.

Nna, how your side?
Re: Shagari’s Son Aminu Apologises To Jonathan, Knocks Buhari by Ojiofor: 1:44pm On Oct 04, 2020
Okoroawusa:

Hahahaha Ojiofor nwannem... long time no see.

I am Buhari's s adopted son o!. So if you attack my father I attack you.

Nna, how your side?

Hehehehehehe ok o anugom grin grin.
I dey bro happy sunday to you and family.

1 Like

Re: Shagari’s Son Aminu Apologises To Jonathan, Knocks Buhari by Solsix(m): 2:12pm On Oct 04, 2020
SmartProf:
The apology has come too late cos GEJ has moved on...From a Buhari hailer, you have become a wailer. Enjoy the change abeg. Before 2023 the number of apologies that will come will surpass the total votes recorded since the inception of Big Brother Naija.
Hahahahaha. Help me tell Mr shagari good morning

1 Like

Re: Shagari’s Son Aminu Apologises To Jonathan, Knocks Buhari by Umueme: 2:37pm On Oct 04, 2020
4+4 Una go die here
Re: Shagari’s Son Aminu Apologises To Jonathan, Knocks Buhari by CapitalBank: 2:56pm On Oct 04, 2020
SmartProf:
They are planning to ursher GEJ for 2023. no mind dem... i don't blame them sha.. na disunity of south i blame. angry
Re: Shagari’s Son Aminu Apologises To Jonathan, Knocks Buhari by Cetacean419: 3:12pm On Oct 04, 2020
Buhari is a wicked unfortunate human being. This is why every time he becomes a leader, those he governs suffer. 1984 when there was acute recession, can you imagine people were using saw dust to cook? Buhari and Jonathan are not the same things. One left fuel price at N87, Bag of rice at N8000 at most, Queens meal at N450, Paint of garri at N400, a peace ambassador, a PhD holder and was selfless he considered the north before his people which people term "Stupid ". The other is a failure, banned Shehu Shagari from ever contesting an election, truncated Democracy, As a military general caused recession, didn't update himself academically or skill wise for 30 good years, Never had anything to offer, deceived the Yoruba people because of their selfishness, clamoured for restructuring which he later abandoned, only built schools and took projects to Daura, Raised fuel price and is proud of it, Comparing his useless leadership with that of Saudi Arabia, paint of Garri is N900 or N1000 in some places, Yam is more expensive, has a government who has stolen more than any government in the first five years, Queens meal bread is N600, Travelled more than any President for health tourism, banned protests.
FROM MY POINTS ABOVE, TELL ME WHO IS THE BIGGER FAILURE.
Re: Shagari’s Son Aminu Apologises To Jonathan, Knocks Buhari by potent5(m): 3:18pm On Oct 04, 2020
Day don break abi?

(1) (2) (Reply)

A Man Who Looks Like Buhari, Seen Driving A Danfo Bus At Lagos / IPOB Stops A Chinese Company Drilling Oil In Anambra State. / Eid-El-Fitr: Ugwuanyi Calls For Prayers, Sober Reflection, Salutes Muslims

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.