Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,393 members, 7,781,127 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 09:27 AM

10 Countries With The Highest Number Of Prostitutes In The World. - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / 10 Countries With The Highest Number Of Prostitutes In The World. (41456 Views)

Gally Gally Hotel: World Of Teenage Prostitutes In Anambra’s Sodom & Gomorrah / Yahoo Boys: Oyo Has Highest Number Of Internet, Cyber Crimes In SouthWest – EFCC / 11,100 Nigerian Women Landed In Sicily As Prostitutes In 2016 - The Economist (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

10 Countries With The Highest Number Of Prostitutes In The World. by Canih28: 12:56pm On Oct 04, 2020
Prostitution, which is also referred to as the world's oldest profession, is beginning to gain importance in our world today as a good number of countries are beginning to legalise it despite the fact that some cultures and religions find it immoral.
Although there are a number of complications involved in getting significant prostitution statistics, the fact is there are currently millions of Prostitutes all around the world, and some countries are known to be contributing a great deal to there population.
Below, are the ten countries with the most sex workers per 10,000 people
[According to liveandinvestoverseas .com]

10. Thailand
45 prostitutes per 10,000 population.
Prostitution in Thailand has been common for years now, although it isn't legal yet, but it is quite regulated and condoned.
In Thailand, Pattaya is popularly known as the world's neon-lit sex capital due to the rate of Prostitution in the city.

9. Germany
49 prostitutes per 10,000 population.
In Germany, prostitution has been in existence for a very long time now, and as it stands, the profession is already legalized in the country as the German government levy taxes on it.
Interestingly, Pascha brothel which is the largest brothel in the whole of Europe is found in Cologne, Germany.
In Germany also, a law, known as the Prostitute Protection Act, was enacted to improve the legal situation of sex workers -- just to show how serious prostitution is in the country.

8. Malaysia
52 prostitutes per 10,000 population.
Despite the fact that prostitution is illegal in Malaysia, it is still very common and rampant.
While child prostitution is quite popular in Malaysia, Muslims convicted of prostitution in the country may also be punishable with public caning.

7. Brazil
53 prostitutes per 10,000 population.
In Brazil, prostitution is quite legal in the sense that; the services of prostitutes can be exchange for money. But it is very illegal to operate a brothel or employ prostitutes in any other way.

6. China
60 prostitutes per 10,000 population.
More like Malaysia, China didn't legalize prostitution but it is widespread.
Prostitution in the country has not ceased to flourish outside beauty salons and karaoke bars, despite the constant crackdowns by the police who sometimes treat them as criminals.

5. Nigeria
63 prostitutes per 10,000 population.
In Nigeria, prostitution is highly illegal in the northern states, and in the southern part of the country, the likes of pimps, underaged prostitutes and brothel owners are penalized by law.
Prostitution in Nigeria is widely regarded to be caused by poverty and the economic situation of the country.

4. Philippines
85 prostitutes per 10,000 population.
Prostitution in the Philippines is very illegal, although it is condoned.
In the Philippines also, poverty is a major reason for prostitution. Female companies are usually offered in the form of "bar girls" who oftentimes wear their "bar girl" ID card.

3. Peru
102 prostitutes per 10,000 population.
In Peru, prostitution has been legalized and it is well regulated as brothels also get license to operate. Although and unfortunately, child prostitution is also common in the country.

2. South Korea
110 prostitutes per 10,000 population.
In South Korea, prostitution isn't legalized but however, it keeps thriving despite the frequent crackdowns by the police and law enforcement agencies.

1. Venezuela
119 prostitutes per 10,000 population.
Prostitution in Venezuela is very much legal, regulated and common as well.
The country is widely known to have the highest amount of prostitutes in the world and this is due to the Country's poor economic situation.
As a matter of fact, Prostitution is so serious to the extent that Prostitutes are mandated to wear ID Cards as a means of identification.

[Source - Wikipedia, Liveandinvestoverseas .com, thecoverage .my]

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 10 Countries With The Highest Number Of Prostitutes In The World. by IKBARUTEN11(m): 12:59pm On Oct 04, 2020
Is this a way of inspiring nlanders on a holy day?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 10 Countries With The Highest Number Of Prostitutes In The World. by Enudapan: 1:05pm On Oct 04, 2020
Nah eh! No qualms
This is so unsophisticated

I no say Venezuela nd Peru go Carry league
Buh
Where ghana and sA dey kwanu

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: 10 Countries With The Highest Number Of Prostitutes In The World. by Flexherbal(m): 1:06pm On Oct 04, 2020
Most times, they make us feel like number 1.

7 Likes

Re: 10 Countries With The Highest Number Of Prostitutes In The World. by nairarhymer(m): 1:07pm On Oct 04, 2020
the survey covers only the regular 500naira/per round olosho.
If you are to include Nollywood actresses, small girls with big Gods, slay mamas, unilag girls, etc, Nigeria would definitely top the list by a wide margin

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: 10 Countries With The Highest Number Of Prostitutes In The World. by Charleys: 1:08pm On Oct 04, 2020
I love that iD Card own.

1 Like

Re: 10 Countries With The Highest Number Of Prostitutes In The World. by Canih28: 1:14pm On Oct 04, 2020
IKBARUTEN11:
Is this a way of inspiring nlanders on a holy day?
No sir, It's a "JUST IN!" information.

1 Like

Re: 10 Countries With The Highest Number Of Prostitutes In The World. by Nobody: 1:31pm On Oct 04, 2020
We don't have prostitutes in Nigeria. They're actresses and social influencers. Stop tarnishing the image of Nigerian prostitutes cheesy

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: 10 Countries With The Highest Number Of Prostitutes In The World. by blinking001(m): 1:39pm On Oct 04, 2020
SilverNorGold:
We don't have prostitutes in Nigeria. They're actresses and social influencers. Stop tarnishing the image of Nigerian prostitutes cheesy
Lmaol

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 10 Countries With The Highest Number Of Prostitutes In The World. by Oharina(m): 2:04pm On Oct 04, 2020
Where is ITALY na, they should be number one nah

7 Likes

Re: 10 Countries With The Highest Number Of Prostitutes In The World. by slex(m): 2:27pm On Oct 04, 2020
nairarhymer:
the survey covers only the regular 500naira/per round olosho.
If you are to include Nollywood actresses, small girls with big Gods, slay mamas, unilag girls, etc, Nigeria would definitely top the list by a wide margin
Lol

1 Like

Re: 10 Countries With The Highest Number Of Prostitutes In The World. by illicit(m): 2:28pm On Oct 04, 2020
I never see Fulani Ashawo before....
Re: 10 Countries With The Highest Number Of Prostitutes In The World. by Slurity(m): 2:32pm On Oct 04, 2020
I don't believe we even have prostitute in Nigeria. I have not seen any before
Re: 10 Countries With The Highest Number Of Prostitutes In The World. by Vyzz: 3:22pm On Oct 04, 2020
illicit:

Illicit baba grin

So u sef the visit ashawo...

Well u did have to try all of them to come to this conclusion....

I know say China go dey dia

India sef suppose join... U see all this people wey no dey kiss for their films... Na them

At last is just business...

The more the demand the more the supply

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: 10 Countries With The Highest Number Of Prostitutes In The World. by Senseman: 3:38pm On Oct 04, 2020
Guy today na Sunday oooooh.
Re: 10 Countries With The Highest Number Of Prostitutes In The World. by Solsix(m): 3:41pm On Oct 04, 2020
Once is something negative, Nigeria will be thwrr
Re: 10 Countries With The Highest Number Of Prostitutes In The World. by molbic(m): 3:47pm On Oct 04, 2020
Everything bad in the world Nigeria must dey inside .No thanks to our Edo sisters .
Re: 10 Countries With The Highest Number Of Prostitutes In The World. by mytime24(f): 4:03pm On Oct 04, 2020
Naija no dey carry last

1 Like

Re: 10 Countries With The Highest Number Of Prostitutes In The World. by illicit(m): 4:41pm On Oct 04, 2020
Vyzz:

Illicit baba grin

So u sef the visit ashawo...

Well u did have to try all of them to come to this conclusion....

I know say China go dey dia

India sef suppose join... U see all this people wey no dey kiss for their films... Na them

At last is just business...

The more the demand the more the supply

grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 10 Countries With The Highest Number Of Prostitutes In The World. by SATANNIST: 4:57pm On Oct 04, 2020
delta and edo benin girls making naija proud
Re: 10 Countries With The Highest Number Of Prostitutes In The World. by Vyzz: 4:57pm On Oct 04, 2020
illicit:

I dey do Ashawo o when konji hold me and galfriend no dey
Better than rape na

True..

Me sef I am struggling to keep my virginity...

Olosho is a go...

To an extent it is save and healthy
Re: 10 Countries With The Highest Number Of Prostitutes In The World. by illicit(m): 4:58pm On Oct 04, 2020
Vyzz:

True..

Me sef I am struggling to keep my virginity...

Olosho is a go...

To an extent it is save and healthy

Vir.... what

I laff in Nupe cheesy

2 Likes

Re: 10 Countries With The Highest Number Of Prostitutes In The World. by Judybash93(m): 5:25pm On Oct 04, 2020
Enudapan:
Nah eh! No qualms

Buh

grin grin
Re: 10 Countries With The Highest Number Of Prostitutes In The World. by AudioNews(m): 5:37pm On Oct 04, 2020
Ewedu nd Amala put us into dat position,
Am nt surprised
Re: 10 Countries With The Highest Number Of Prostitutes In The World. by DaFuhrer(m): 5:50pm On Oct 04, 2020
illicit:

Come to Badariya in Birnin Kebbi, or Zuru both in Kebbi State. Fulani ashawo plenty die even those ones that looks like Arab from Niger

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 10 Countries With The Highest Number Of Prostitutes In The World. by blacq2009(m): 5:56pm On Oct 04, 2020
Enudapan:
Nah eh! No qualms

Buh
Na Nigerians dey operate ashawo business for Ghana.
Re: 10 Countries With The Highest Number Of Prostitutes In The World. by Miracle2020: 7:04pm On Oct 04, 2020
Ipob girls must spoil the name of this country sha

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 10 Countries With The Highest Number Of Prostitutes In The World. by AdolfHitlerxXx: 8:39pm On Oct 04, 2020
The Criminal Republic of Biafuro.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 10 Countries With The Highest Number Of Prostitutes In The World. by AdolfHitlerxXx: 8:40pm On Oct 04, 2020
grin
Re: 10 Countries With The Highest Number Of Prostitutes In The World. by annyplenty(m): 8:44pm On Oct 04, 2020
Prostitution is Evil, a sin against your body. Repent and see the salvation of the Lord.

1 Like

Re: 10 Countries With The Highest Number Of Prostitutes In The World. by Nobody: 10:35pm On Oct 04, 2020
Oharina:
Where is ITALY na, they should be number one nah
NIGERIA is already sending EXPATRIATE prostitutes to Italy, very soon ITALY will regain its Rightful Position.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Armed Robber Caught By Soldiers After Robbery In Enugu (Video) / 4 ‘Sexually Charged’ Fulani Herders Rape 4 Female Minors In Jos / Indian Police Parade Nigerian Woman For Allegedly Killing Her Lover.Photos/Video

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.