Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,288 members, 7,807,978 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:58 AM

Restructuring: I Won’t Succumb To Pressure ― Buhari - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Restructuring: I Won’t Succumb To Pressure ― Buhari (30913 Views)

Restructuring: I Won’t Cede Power To Those Who Didn't Win Elections - Buhari / Ruga: Igbos Won’t Succumb To Arewa’s 30-day Ultimatum – IPOB / BREAKING! Ministerial List: I Am Under Tremendous Pressure – Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Restructuring: I Won’t Succumb To Pressure ― Buhari by adenigga(m): 8:18am On Oct 05, 2020
Against the mounting agitation for the restructuring of the country, President Muhammadu Buhari has said that he is not moved and vowed not to succumb to pressure.

A statement emanating from the office of presidential spokesman, Garba Shehu, on Sunday night, which made this position known, noted what it said were the recurring threats to the corporate existence of the country with different people pressing Buhari to do certain things at specific times.

The statement said: “The presidency responds to the recurring threats to the corporate existence of the country with factions giving specific timelines for the president to do one thing or another or else, in their language, ‘the nation will break up.

The Presidency warned that Buhari will not take any action out of pressure, noting that all attention is needed to tackle the coronavirus at this time.

It added: “This is to warn that such unpatriotic outbursts are both unhelpful and unwarranted as this government will not succumb to threats and take any decision out of pressure at a time when the nation’s full attention is needed to deal with the security challenges facing it at a time of the Covid-19 health crisis.”

The statement further insisted: “Repeat: this administration will not take any decision against the interests of 200 million Nigerians, who are the president’s first responsibility under the constitution, out of fear or threats especially in this hour of a health crisis.

“The president as an elected leader under this constitution will continue to work with patriotic Nigerians, through and in line with the parliamentary processes to find solutions to structural and other impediments to the growth and wellbeing of the nation and its people.”

Source:
https://www.google.com/amp/s/tribuneonlineng.com/restructuring-i-wont-succumb-to-pressure-buhari/amp/

6 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Restructuring: I Won’t Succumb To Pressure ― Buhari by visiondee(m): 8:20am On Oct 05, 2020
Okay sir.... if you are not succumbing to the pressure of restructuring that will benefits all and incoming generations presently.... WHAT DO YOU HAVE IN MIND TO DO YOUR EXCELLENCY SIR?

115 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Restructuring: I Won’t Succumb To Pressure ― Buhari by Rugaria: 8:21am On Oct 05, 2020
As far as I'm concerned, no restructuring, no referendum, no national conference should happen under this man's tenure! It will amount to a total waste of time and resources as his very dangerous brand of nepotism will never allow him to accept any result that can altruistically solve the problems of the country without lopsidedly favouring his over pampered fulani stock. We should all find a way to stampede him out of office and when he is gone, the real and serious process of reengineering the political structures of the country to meet up with the aspirations of the people should commence..

253 Likes 21 Shares

Re: Restructuring: I Won’t Succumb To Pressure ― Buhari by rontolo(m): 8:21am On Oct 05, 2020
Punk!

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Restructuring: I Won’t Succumb To Pressure ― Buhari by Ever8090: 8:22am On Oct 05, 2020
No succumb naa !..e go soon clear for your eye old man… even a little kid knows that,what Nigeria need now is restructuring or brake up which will definitely see we people from the middle belt disassociate ourselves from the north by all means..

115 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Restructuring: I Won’t Succumb To Pressure ― Buhari by Iyoocartel(f): 8:25am On Oct 05, 2020
Iyooooooo cartel

Same thing you rigorously used to campaign few years ago now you're saying you won't succumb to pressure when you're being reminded of your promises?
Buhari is not worthy to lead a herd of cattle not to talk of the most populous black nation in the world.

206 Likes 15 Shares

Re: Restructuring: I Won’t Succumb To Pressure ― Buhari by Marine54(m): 8:25am On Oct 05, 2020
Then Nigeria will break up by force ! It is either you restructure or risk break up . "pastor Enoch Adeboye"

116 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Restructuring: I Won’t Succumb To Pressure ― Buhari by Saaronzorander1: 8:26am On Oct 05, 2020
He has spoken his mind

2 Likes

Re: Restructuring: I Won’t Succumb To Pressure ― Buhari by tamdun: 8:28am On Oct 05, 2020
If u won't do it, another person will, the way Nigeria is going isn't good at all, I used to support u but now, am on the fence and I don't give a damn about apc or pdp anymore, am just waiting for the party that will produce the right candidate.

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Restructuring: I Won’t Succumb To Pressure ― Buhari by Romanoff(f): 8:29am On Oct 05, 2020
If Pastor Adeboye, keep quiet, Una go say e no gree talk.

See wetin the talk produce na.

30 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Restructuring: I Won’t Succumb To Pressure ― Buhari by SpecTTraP: 8:29am On Oct 05, 2020
Not surprised. No be you again?

4 Likes

Re: Restructuring: I Won’t Succumb To Pressure ― Buhari by saaron(m): 8:30am On Oct 05, 2020
Whether buhari's fulani terrorist regime likes it or not, Nigeria will disintegrate and there's nothing they can do about it.

DISINTEGRATION OF NIGERIA WILL SAVE MILLIONS OF LIVES FROM STATE SPONSORED TERRORISM! SUPPORT IT.

94 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Restructuring: I Won’t Succumb To Pressure ― Buhari by ERockson: 8:30am On Oct 05, 2020
Ok
Re: Restructuring: I Won’t Succumb To Pressure ― Buhari by Okoroawusa: 8:32am On Oct 05, 2020
I Love PMB

3 Likes

Re: Restructuring: I Won’t Succumb To Pressure ― Buhari by Iceyjayz: 8:33am On Oct 05, 2020
Foolish old man

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Restructuring: I Won’t Succumb To Pressure ― Buhari by saaron(m): 8:36am On Oct 05, 2020
Okoroawusa:
I Love PMB
No big deal. Some people love Satan too.

DISINTEGRATION OF NIGERIA WILL SAVE MILLIONS OF LIVES FROM STATE SPONSORED TERRORISM!! SUPPORT IT.

89 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Restructuring: I Won’t Succumb To Pressure ― Buhari by blasted12: 8:37am On Oct 05, 2020
I like this man

1 Like

Re: Restructuring: I Won’t Succumb To Pressure ― Buhari by woky: 8:42am On Oct 05, 2020
Something that couldn't be achieved when the man from south was in power.

Until the south and West play the "two to beat one" tactics, the north will keep fvcking Nigeria without condom.

33 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Restructuring: I Won’t Succumb To Pressure ― Buhari by densiks: 8:42am On Oct 05, 2020
He won’t succumb to pressure until the country caves in and some people will escape to Niger republic.

A stitch in time saves nine and I think the unprecedented clannishness and bigotry perpetrated by this government has further aggravated the worsening decay of the country and certainly helped push us to the moment of truth these charlatans have been running away from.

Elements like Garba Shehu keep spewing trash because a small section his people are currently benefiting from the nepotism and religious sentiments that are ongoing.

It’s similar to a man saying he will rather die than eat food.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Restructuring: I Won’t Succumb To Pressure ― Buhari by Sinzumoney: 8:43am On Oct 05, 2020
then you can kiss Nigeria goodbye

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Restructuring: I Won’t Succumb To Pressure ― Buhari by muykem: 8:44am On Oct 05, 2020
Buhari doesn't have power to restructure or refused to restructure the country. The power is exclusively reserved for national assembly.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Restructuring: I Won’t Succumb To Pressure ― Buhari by Rugaria: 8:51am On Oct 05, 2020
muykem:
Buhari doesn't have power to restructure or refused to restructure the country. The power is exclusively reserved for national assembly.

Who wrote the Constitution that "exclusively reserves" the power to restructure Nigeria with a national assembly dominated by nothern elements The Nigerian people or a Nigerian army dominated by notherners with a nothern C-in-C? And why should we,the rest of the country not start towards other alternatives if both Buhari and the skewed national assembly continue to pursue sectional interests rather than the collective interests on sundry issues??

25 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Restructuring: I Won’t Succumb To Pressure ― Buhari by Nobody: 8:54am On Oct 05, 2020
Well no tyrant takes any step to amicably solve any political situation in their country. The truth is that for anything, business, systems, countries, etc to remain relevant, it MUST INNOVATE. The clichè "Innovate or die" is not just a statement, rather a fact of life.
History is replete with those who chose the tyrannical approach and stood on status quo, the end is usually disastrous. Just look at Iraq, Saddam Hussein would have saved Iraq the situation it found itself today by just listening to reason. Ghaddafi would have saved Libya their trouble today. Germany was bulcanized for over 35 years because Hitler thought he knew it all. Look at Syria today, would anyone wish that for their enemy. Even great USSR came crashing. Eritrea would still part of Ethiopia if the country was forward looking.
Nigeria may be history tommorrow if we refuse to innovate. SIMPLE!

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Restructuring: I Won’t Succumb To Pressure ― Buhari by Racoon(m): 8:56am On Oct 05, 2020
28. Amending the Nigerian Constitution to ensure devolution of powers, duties, and responsibilities to states in order to entrench true Federalism – FAILED#
https://www.thecable.ng/promoted-behold-the-62-failed-2015-election-campaign-promises-of-muhammadu-buhari-and-apc

The threat of government is threatening it's own citizens that it promised same restructuring but failed to fulfilled.
Buhari should just keep quiet as all you have done is promise & fail.So much for the much taunted integrity.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Restructuring: I Won’t Succumb To Pressure ― Buhari by adenigga(m): 9:06am On Oct 05, 2020
Buhari be like.......

7 Likes

Re: Restructuring: I Won’t Succumb To Pressure ― Buhari by Okoroawusa: 9:13am On Oct 05, 2020
saaron:
No big deal. Some people love Satan too.

DISINTEGRATION OF NIGERIA WILL SAVE MILLIONS OF LIVES FROM STATE SPONSORED TERRORISM!! SUPPORT IT.
Who is Satan? I don't know him.

Your wailing is still remaining 3 years. PDP apologist.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Restructuring: I Won’t Succumb To Pressure ― Buhari by woky: 9:21am On Oct 05, 2020
Ever8090:
No succumb naa !..e go soon clear for your eye old man… even a little kid knows that,what Nigeria need now is restructuring or brake up which will definitely see we people from the middle belt disassociate ourselves from the north by all means..
lol
Middle belt no get mouth. They are confuse and don't know where to start.

2 Likes

Re: Restructuring: I Won’t Succumb To Pressure ― Buhari by Afolabimills(m): 9:23am On Oct 05, 2020
The worst govt ever in d history of mankind.spits

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Restructuring: I Won’t Succumb To Pressure ― Buhari by sinistermind(m): 9:23am On Oct 05, 2020
All of una dey mad. As long as a northerner is up there, restructuring will never happen

1 Like

Re: Restructuring: I Won’t Succumb To Pressure ― Buhari by Nobody: 9:26am On Oct 05, 2020
Same restructuring they fought Ojukwu and igbos for is what they want..... The rubber ear president should never restructure please.... It will aid Biafra separation

Millions of igbos died for restructuring and I will never support restructured Nigeria

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Restructuring: I Won’t Succumb To Pressure ― Buhari by Nobody: 9:28am On Oct 05, 2020
Meaning you won't restructure
Nigeria expired in 2014
We need to restructure now or better still secceed

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Ogun Residents Flee To Benin Republic Over Herdsmen Crisis / Tinubu Appointed Betrayers As His Ministers, So "Help Him God" - Shehu Sani / Presidential Election Tribunal Judgment Won't Favour Peter Obi – Primate Ayodele

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.