Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,461 members, 7,808,643 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:44 PM

GOTV Channels Scrambled - Satellite TV Technology - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / GOTV Channels Scrambled (1291 Views)

One Out Of Ten Tvs Failed To Show Gotv Channels (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

GOTV Channels Scrambled by Rexmy(m): 8:36am On Oct 05, 2020
Since Friday, 2nd October, 2020 my GOTV decoder has refused to scan all channels on GOTV Max. It started with E48-32 error code on the major channels that come with Max. I was told to reset it. Subsequently, only 22 out of 57 channels was scanned with all other channels missing. I can't imagine subscribing with N3,600 and all I can watch is AfricanMagic Yoruba and some irrelevant channels. For instance, Mmovies, AM family, TNT, MTV base, all sport channels are missing.

The funniest thing is that GOTV has refused to come out straight to inform her customers what the situation is. They rather kept asking people to reset, reboot, change antenna location and all. I wonder how difficult it is to accept fault. At some point I did factory reset on the decoder and it refused to scan a single channel for a whole day.

However, most people seem to care less about the problem and this made me wonder why check and balance has no place in this country. How can you increase your service charge and the best you could do is to render poor services?

Or could it be that the situation is only with just few selected people.

Kindly state your current experience with GOTV...
Re: GOTV Channels Scrambled by Omihanifa: 8:43am On Oct 05, 2020
I also went through similar thing, but what I did was to chill till midnight (3am) then I did a factory reset and all my channels came back
Re: GOTV Channels Scrambled by Rexmy(m): 8:51am On Oct 05, 2020
Omihanifa:
I also went through similar thing, but what I did was to chill till midnight (3am) then I did a factory reset and all my channels came back
Hhmmmm... 3am! What was your signal strength at that time?
Re: GOTV Channels Scrambled by Omihanifa: 8:56am On Oct 05, 2020
Rexmy:
Hhmmmm... 3am! What was your signal strength at that time?

Strength 66%
Quality 100%

(1) (Reply)

Is This Possible With FTA? / Dstv Promo, Product Not Available / Dvb-h Headset For Dstv Mobile

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.