Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,407 members, 7,808,450 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:05 PM

Dear President Buhari, Things Are No Longer Making Sense By Samuel Akinnuga - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Dear President Buhari, Things Are No Longer Making Sense By Samuel Akinnuga (16716 Views)

Nigeria Stagnates While The Power Rotates. Who Are We Doing? By Samuel Akinnuga / Aisha Buhari: Things Getting Out Of Hand / My Dear President, Let Your People Go By Dele Momodu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Dear President Buhari, Things Are No Longer Making Sense By Samuel Akinnuga by Realboygenius(m): 10:33am On Oct 05, 2020
Dear President Buhari,

This is not the time for an epistle but the truth in the clearest manner I can pass it across. You have always reiterated your commitment to make lives better for the masses of Nigerians, but what has been successfully achieved is quite the opposite. You have further stripped millions of ordinary Nigerians of their defence to deal with the economic buffetings in today’s Nigeria, while further creating a soothing atmosphere for a bunch whose god is their belly and those who have never put country first.

These are people who can’t be bothered by the misery of the masses as long as they find a way to profit from the system. These are also people with some form of legal authority who never miss the opportunity to fleece innocent Nigerians. That’s quite unfortunate. But that’s a talk for another day.

The citizens cannot blame you for the sting on our national life occasioned by the coronavirus pandemic, but we can definitely hold you accountable for the quality of leadership provided. We can hold you responsible for taking the hard decisions that have taken away virtually everything from those who have nothing. We can hold you responsible for the aloofness and the can’t-be-bothered disposition.

The biting effects of the increase in fuel, electricity tariff, and numerous tax burdens have inspired an increase in the prices of services and food items (other factors are also responsible for this). Things were hard. Now, they are harder. And we know the way things work here: once the prices go up, it would take the grace of God for them to come down.

The larger consequences of these burdens on our society is a situation where everyday people are forced to cut corners just to get by. And that’s how the rot deepens. We seem not to understand that the ‘poor’ Nigerians are in the majority. The other arguments on the timing of some of the policies and the far-reaching adverse effects have been raised elsewhere.

Time is running out on us to turn the tides, and it appears we are in some self-induced oblivion. We don’t have that time we so waste on some needless formalities. That’s why it’s shocking that in the midst of the many things we have to deal with, your ‘boys’ still find the time to respond to, more like ‘attack’ anyone who is somebody that expresses a view that is not in the shade of the praise you would rather want to hear.

Something like ‘Nigerians have never had life this fantastic thanks to President Buhari’ or ‘Nigeria is safer today under President Buhari than it was so-so-and-so years ago’. Of course, the government should be commended for great work but the penchant for paean in the face of abnormalities and hardship should not be the encouraged culture. The truth is: Nigeria does not need all that sycophancy from those who think they are something, or want to be something.

More out of fear than anything else, people have chosen to remain silent on the awry state of affairs. To say something would be to get the description of a ‘wailer’ or a ‘divider-in-chief’ depending on their status. This, however, does not detract from the validity of what’s being said. The truth is what it is. In other cases, many are arrested for even daring to protest.

With developments like these, one is forced to question the kind of democracy we practice. Some people in your team do not also help matters by putting out statements either void of tact or barefaced insults, or both.

Hurling vitriol at those who hold dissenting views shows that the team can sometimes be too overzealous for anyone’s good. It is also proof that some only read newspapers on the look for who to insult and describe with new registers to be added to our political lexicon. If that’s the best they can do, then something is wrong. In any case, millions of suffering Nigerians don’t read these things so it just doesn’t make any sense. We don’t need the drama. Let the work done speak for itself.

Can I respectfully suggest that such people do better with their time? A good place to start would be in advising you on the statements you shouldn’t be making in public. One of such statements is telling Nigerians that you have done your best. What exactly does this mean?

There would be tougher days ahead that would require you to do more but if the most has been done, where does that leave us? Mr. President, now is not the time to simply throw words around. You are human, yes, but the country needs that father in you. Now is the time to get us all united behind the decisions that must be taken in the interest of the greatest number. Please, don’t send someone to do that job. Do it yourself, sir.

These are not very good times. Many people are almost losing it as they struggle to make sense of their current realities. I believe there would be greater days ahead but I must say: it’s an incredibly arduous task being a Nigerian. The level of deprivation is worse than your lackeys would want to admit. To such people, all is well but that’s a lie. More Nigerians are slipping into extreme poverty but that’s something I believe you should already know. The question is, sir: what are you going to do about it?

https://www.thecable.ng/dear-president-buhari-things-are-no-longer-making-sense

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dear President Buhari, Things Are No Longer Making Sense By Samuel Akinnuga by myBraine: 10:37am On Oct 05, 2020
I disagree.

Development doesn't just happen, there are procedures to follow. Every great thing takes time and change is constant. Nigeria is still better than many African countries whether you agree with me or not. How many Nigerian can survive a day in NK with the level of freedom we're used to. All we need is patience.

Present empires will crumble as newer ones will rise. It is in this same world that we once had the great Britain, the Soviet Union, Nazi Germany, and the imperial Japan. Many of these empires have crumbled today with only Japan striving for relevance due to their unequaled knowledge of how technology works. Today, city like Tokyo is the most advanced cities in the world. Seoul in South Korea is another smart city worth mentioning. These two cities and their respective countries were able to attain such a great feet because they have citizens that so much care about their country. Samsung alone contributes about 17% to South Korea GDP and likewise Toyata to Japan. Now imagine if we have companies like Samsung and Toyota in Nigeria? Yet, we have one of them but because Nigerians are too naive to sight opportunities when they see one.

America empire and western hegemony will soon crumble. China and the rest of Asia will take over dominance. Immediately they reach the peak of development, they'll crumble as well and Africa will finally colonize the world.

8 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Dear President Buhari, Things Are No Longer Making Sense By Samuel Akinnuga by Abiodunspectre(m): 10:38am On Oct 05, 2020
The president know these but I don't think he's ready to make amends. Go will save us. #EndSars

lalasticlala this is FP worthy.

1 Like

Re: Dear President Buhari, Things Are No Longer Making Sense By Samuel Akinnuga by Abiodunspectre(m): 10:39am On Oct 05, 2020
myBraine:
I disagree

I guess you're enjoying the current state of the country.

48 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dear President Buhari, Things Are No Longer Making Sense By Samuel Akinnuga by Racoon(m): 10:42am On Oct 05, 2020
Zombies will leave the message to criticize him as IPOB member for telling their demigod the reality @ hand.

41 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dear President Buhari, Things Are No Longer Making Sense By Samuel Akinnuga by Iyoocartel(f): 10:43am On Oct 05, 2020
Iyooooooo cartel

Buhari is not even fit to head a local government in Nigeria. Very incompetent mofo

32 Likes

Re: Dear President Buhari, Things Are No Longer Making Sense By Samuel Akinnuga by Okoroawusa: 10:59am On Oct 05, 2020
I Love PMB

1 Like

Re: Dear President Buhari, Things Are No Longer Making Sense By Samuel Akinnuga by Elvictor: 11:07am On Oct 05, 2020
I LOVE BUHARI

he should do worse so that everyone will realize that Nigeria isn't a nation but a total fraud.

8 Likes

Re: Dear President Buhari, Things Are No Longer Making Sense By Samuel Akinnuga by Breastfeed: 12:25pm On Oct 05, 2020
Things have not been making sense, things are not still making sense, that same change we shouted to bring them in is the same change we need to shout to bring them out, only this time we pray it will be a better change.

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Dear President Buhari, Things Are No Longer Making Sense By Samuel Akinnuga by DWJOBScom(m): 12:32pm On Oct 05, 2020
That's the word on the street

1 Like

Re: Dear President Buhari, Things Are No Longer Making Sense By Samuel Akinnuga by DenreleDave(m): 12:32pm On Oct 05, 2020
grin
Re: Dear President Buhari, Things Are No Longer Making Sense By Samuel Akinnuga by Techm0: 12:32pm On Oct 05, 2020
cool

Only a man like Buhari would

*Devalue Naira by whooping 45% to a dollar just to discourage foriegn produucts

*Lock all Land borders

*Remove Fuel Subsidy without notice

*Ban Importation of some essential foriegn goods

*Remove Electricity subsidy all of a sudden

*Stop giving forex and dollars to some travellers and importers

*Stop Importation of rice when we are not self sufficient

*Stop Importation of milk when we are far from sufficient, with protein deficiency everywhere

Buhari as a father, I wonder how hard it must have been on his children and wife

Buhari is just not considerate about reality, he only listens to his own self and own ideas, To him youth should go to farm or they are Lazy, forgetting that many can't access farming land as a youth, he believes Subsidy must be totally removed forgetting Fuel price is tied to logistics and transport which affects Everyone

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dear President Buhari, Things Are No Longer Making Sense By Samuel Akinnuga by DennisEche(m): 12:32pm On Oct 05, 2020
ONLY ZOMBIES THINK OTHER WISE
Re: Dear President Buhari, Things Are No Longer Making Sense By Samuel Akinnuga by SuCCeSSfulLadY: 12:32pm On Oct 05, 2020
So true
Re: Dear President Buhari, Things Are No Longer Making Sense By Samuel Akinnuga by Aufbauh(m): 12:32pm On Oct 05, 2020
Make dem call Lagbaja cuz the matter don pass casala..... Abi make dem call Fashola

Na the matter we dey solve since eno gree solve, ask Buhari wetin dey sup he no gree talk cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

Me singing Lagbaja by Peruzzi.
Re: Dear President Buhari, Things Are No Longer Making Sense By Samuel Akinnuga by GreaterFuture(m): 12:32pm On Oct 05, 2020
Talk talk talk and more talk. Smh

If you can provide 30tonne and 20 tonne tippers for long term Hire and Rents within Lagos and Ogun States pls Hit my WhatsApp, link is in my Signature
Re: Dear President Buhari, Things Are No Longer Making Sense By Samuel Akinnuga by livinbygrace: 12:32pm On Oct 05, 2020
Let’s stop deceiving ourself ,there is no future in this country and even if Buhari leaves the office,things will still remain the same or even worse.The best advise I can give to any young man/woman is that if you know you are from poor family or not well connected,no need of wasting your time going to any higher institutions in Nigeria,it’s better you go learn trade,handwork and further your education once you are well established or find your way out of this country.Most Nigerian graduates have been rendered useless and that’s why crime is increasing daily.A word is enough for the wise

16 Likes

Re: Dear President Buhari, Things Are No Longer Making Sense By Samuel Akinnuga by Slawormir: 12:32pm On Oct 05, 2020
Damnnnnn niggarrr
Isoright
Re: Dear President Buhari, Things Are No Longer Making Sense By Samuel Akinnuga by HeadShot: 12:32pm On Oct 05, 2020
Will Yoruba Muslims agree that the country is on the verge of imploding...

Hmm

There's one up for who is reminding you all of the freedom you enjoy... Comparing Nigeria with North Korea...

He also blamed Nigerian citizens for not doing enough like their counterparts in South Korean and Japan...

Yeah... These are the kind of people supporting Buhari..

But the big question is... Are Buhari supporters really " people"

10 Likes

Re: Dear President Buhari, Things Are No Longer Making Sense By Samuel Akinnuga by LibertyRep: 12:33pm On Oct 05, 2020
It has been a while anything made sense in this country.

Like the writer clearly observed, the reaction to any action of the government depends on which side of the divide the commentator is.

To some , Buhari is the best thing to have happened to Nigeria since creation. You can't blame them, you don't talk while eating.
Blame the system and the leaders who allow praise singers and sycophants thrive around them.

1 Like

Re: Dear President Buhari, Things Are No Longer Making Sense By Samuel Akinnuga by ednut1(m): 12:33pm On Oct 05, 2020
Since Nigerians no get sense Gowon should rule in 2023. What buhari did in 1984 is common knowledge yet people voted him

5 Likes

Re: Dear President Buhari, Things Are No Longer Making Sense By Samuel Akinnuga by Chirowman(m): 12:33pm On Oct 05, 2020
Wahala ooo
Re: Dear President Buhari, Things Are No Longer Making Sense By Samuel Akinnuga by akure1stson: 12:33pm On Oct 05, 2020
lolz
Re: Dear President Buhari, Things Are No Longer Making Sense By Samuel Akinnuga by HeadShot: 12:34pm On Oct 05, 2020
Okoroawusa:
I Love PMB

Even The devil got supporters...

You don't scare me

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dear President Buhari, Things Are No Longer Making Sense By Samuel Akinnuga by Mohayemi(m): 12:34pm On Oct 05, 2020
Spot on! The redundant coupist is all shades of tyranny and gross misrule!
Enough of nonsense.
Re: Dear President Buhari, Things Are No Longer Making Sense By Samuel Akinnuga by AfroBeatDiary: 12:34pm On Oct 05, 2020
Naso nah, where do we go from here? We reinforced a failure in 2015 just because we felt Jonathan was weak and the failure reinforced himself in 2019 and we'll still be here till 2023, the question is where do we go from here?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TDSzNpvqbeY

1 Like

Re: Dear President Buhari, Things Are No Longer Making Sense By Samuel Akinnuga by CalabarPikin: 12:34pm On Oct 05, 2020
Sai baba

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Sheikh Gumi’s Brother Kidnapped By Bandits / More Kano Bomb Blast In Pictures / Buhari And Fg’s 20,000 Abandoned Projects- NEWSWATCH

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.