Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,678 members, 7,801,956 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 06:55 AM

The Usher By Rapmike - Literature (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / The Usher By Rapmike (11661 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Usher By Rapmike by hotswagg12: 6:59pm On Mar 18, 2021
Thanks for the update and keep it coming.
Re: The Usher By Rapmike by rapmike(m): 1:23pm On Apr 11, 2021
09:00pm
Crimson forest

"Are you sure we are in the right place?"

Zero looked around the hut. Cracks on the wall and rusting roofing told the story of the place; it was crumbling. Some red stuff like was likely blood was spilled on the floor and some marks were on the walls. There was a small fire in the middle. Zero did not know what to make of it.

"Yes. This is the place."

He looked at One uncertainly. One was the one with the map, he had studied it continuously and had even shown him. Yet his gut feeling was that this place was dangerous.

"You search for something?"

The voice filled the whole place. Zero turned around, searching for where the voice came from.

"It's the rabbit."

He made a mental note to check One's sanity. What rabbit? He then noticed his gaze and then followed it.

He saw the rabbit in front of the fire.

What's with this place and rabbits?

"You think the rabbit is the one that spoke?"

"You expect something else?" The mouth moved, filling the room once again with it's voice.

Zero was shocked but One quickly went on one knee.

" Great Oracle, we have come seeking for knowledge and information."

"Ah, one is in doubt while the other walks with faith. Bring your finger."

One made to stretch his finger but Zero dragged him back.

"Let me do this."

Zero moved his right hand towards the rabbit, going on his knees before giving the rabbit his index finger.

The rabbit took the finger and bit it, sucking the blood.

Zero almost pulled back, but One's face gave him courage. He started to feel dizzy and suddenly started seeing pictures of different places, including a huge mountain.

"Zero!"

He suddenly snapped out of his vision and noticed One was holding his body. He did not see the rabbit. Instead, it was an old, stunted dwarf.

"What you seek is very dangerous and quite precious, so naturally I took my price."

"Would he be alright?" One asked, dragging him up. Zero tried to reply, but he sounded like he was speaking gibberish.

"He will recover. However, the price for what you look for is very high. Can you pay?"

"You know what we are looking for?"

"I thought I implied that. Yes, I do know that you seek the Horn of Distortion. More than that, I have shown him where it is. It is left to you." He moved towards One.

"One, don't....." Zero started to see triple before he fell, slipping into oblivion.

1 Like

Re: The Usher By Rapmike by hotswagg12: 4:23pm On Apr 11, 2021
Thanks for the update. I doubt if they will be able to pay the price.
Re: The Usher By Rapmike by rapmike(m): 10:31am On Apr 12, 2021
The place was dark.

Zero rubbed his eyes and tried to move. He felt someone's hands on him.

"Jesus!"
"Calm down, it's me."

He knew who it was with the voice.

"Where is the Oracle?"

"Gone. He said that we should rest here for a while. You need your strength to continue."

Zero turned around. "This place is dark. What's the time?"

"01:00am. We are safe though."

Zero moved away from One, feeling for the wall. Once he got it, he dragged himself there and sat down.

"So we are just to wait here until something comes to eat us?"

"The Oracle said that this place is safe. Nobody can locate here until we are ready to go."

"How can we be ready when the place is dark?"

He heard One move and then a light come up.
Rechargeable lamps.
He noticed the fireplace was cold like it had not been lit for years. Their clothes were dirty.

"We will need to bath and clean up."

"There is lake at the end of the hut."

"A hut with a lake? What is this place?"

One cocked his head. "I don't really know. But I believe it extra-terrestial. I am going to bath."

Zero followed him. As One said, at the end of the hut was a lake.

One removed his clothes and entered, Zero looking at his ass and dick as he swam across the lake.

"Come in!"

Zero hestitated. He remembered what the Oracle said. The price was heavy. If the price was One, will he be able to kill him?

"Eric?"

Zero turned to see One looking at him. He never called him by his name during missions.

"What's it?"

Zero said nothing but undressed and entered the lake.

"Eric, talk to me. What's wrong?"

"I am afraid, Dubem. Afraid of losing you. What if the price is you. Or me? Will you kill me for this mission?"

One walked towards him and held him from the back. "Shh. Always remember, I love you. I always do. Let's not think about that for now and enjoy today." He kissed him on the face and started to minister to him.
Re: The Usher By Rapmike by hotswagg12: 10:50am On Apr 12, 2021
Nice update. Keep it coming.
Re: The Usher By Rapmike by rapmike(m): 3:30pm On May 02, 2021
07:00am

The Unknown Island.

Colonel Mohammed looked at the monitors in front of him. It has been eight days since he sent Zero and One into the Crimson forest to get the Horn of Distortion and they were not back. He knew it was dangerous but he trusted Zero with everything.

I can't allow myself to be anxious. He told himself, remembering how he got here.

He was a Colonel in the army when Lord Zachariah picked him and brought him here as a warrior. Ten years it was.

Ten years of hiding in the shadows, studying the Cores, keeping his identity and his mission in vain. Now everything rides on Zero returning with that horn. It has to be Zero. One was a good servant, but Zero is key to his plans.

The buzzer came alive.

"My Lord, a contingent of the Dragon Core are here for diplomatic talks. Am I to allow them in?"

So he has started to move. The new Dragon Core Lord worried him. For a Dragon Lord to appear at this time was quite untimely. He needed to speed things up.

"Send them in. Bring their leader here."

A few minutes later, the head of the team was in front of him.

"Good day, Lord Mohammed. I am officer Ksenga of the Dragon Core. Nice to meet you."

Colonel Mohammed gave him a handshake.

"You are welcome." His monitors picked the presence of nano cameras. Spying huh?

"Let's meet inside the conference room, it's a lot more private there." Ksenga nodded as they walked into the room.

Once inside, Colonel Mohammed hugged him.

"Welcome, brother."

1 Like

Re: The Usher By Rapmike by hotswagg12: 4:01pm On May 02, 2021
Guy this update is very short. After keeping us in silence for weeks. Please try and do better.

1 Like

Re: The Usher By Rapmike by rapmike(m): 7:05pm On May 03, 2021
hotswagg12:
Guy this update is very short. After keeping us in silence for weeks. Please try and do better.

Am sorry for the length. A lot has been going on around me lately, so I have not been able to write as much as I would want to.

I will try and change and finish up soon

2 Likes

Re: The Usher By Rapmike by hotswagg12: 7:38pm On May 03, 2021
I hope u get back on your feet soon. Wish u all the best.

1 Like

Re: The Usher By Rapmike by rapmike(m): 10:29pm On May 04, 2021
Ksenga smiled.
"Hope it is safe here to discuss."

"Of course, brother." He pointed to a chair. "Sit."

Once Ksenga sat down, he faced him.

"What happened? The Dragon Core was supposed to he dead, not alive."

As Ksenga explained all that happened, his face developed a deep frown.

"Really? Did you have to keep him alive, Ksenga? Did you? Tell me, give me one good reason why he did not die once he stepped into your zone."

"That was because your people failed to retrieve that flash. Have you forgotten that if the flash was in your hands, we won't be discussing this? The plan was simple, kill the Senator and his PA, retrieve the flash and start the process of invading the Dragon Core. Once the Core fell, you would have no other Core standing in your way. Instead the tlash got to an Anyanwu, something I was not aware of until he was already a presence in the Core. Do you think I would be able to kill him then without any consequences?"

He pulled back. Ksenga was right about everything. But it was too late now.

"So, what's the plan?"

"Hoping I will get that from you. For now, I have to lay low with all my plans. I won't put it past those voices to point fingers at me."

"He has not started training on his abilities, right?"

"Yes. He is rather looking to establish the previous links to the other Cores."

"Good. Keep it that way. My plan is still in motion. Once I get the Horn of Distortion, I will be able to attack the Dragon Core. Then with your help, I can capture him and use his blood to merge the powers together. Then we will be on top, no matter who comes against us."

Ksenga nodded.

He held Ksenga on his head. "Victory is close at hand. Don't forget who we are. Don't forget what we have gone through, Ksenga!"

Ksenga stood up. "I won't. I have to be on my way, my team members must be looking for me."

The Colonel nodded and ushered him out of the conference room.

"We will work with the Dragon Core to establish order in the country." He patted Ksenga at the back. The other guy nodded and walked away, the door closing behind him.

Once he was gone, Colonel Mohammed sat down and looked at the monitors. Even though Ksenga was persuasive in his argument, he was not totally convinced of his loyalty. Ksenga may have other plans. He had to be careful.

Zero cannot come fast enough.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Usher By Rapmike by hotswagg12: 8:11am On May 05, 2021
Thanks for the update. I just hope the new head of the dragon core can speed up his training. Tsenga is really a traitor.
Re: The Usher By Rapmike by rapmike(m): 8:28pm On May 13, 2021
09:00am

Dragon Core HQ

Francis looked at the new recruits training. From his vantage point, he could tell who was impressing their supervisors and who was not.

However his mind was on Ksenga. In as much as he was expecting a betrayal, he was hoping that he won't follow through. The last thing he wants was to eliminate all Shivites. That's what they were suggesting.

Even up til now.

"Your delay is going to cost you, young Lord!" Onyeka screamed in his mind. Since that day, they have been speaking to him in his mind and watching from his eyes, guests of his soul. The souls of the previous Anyanwus are loud and bold, so they will speak their mind.

"Maybe he wants to give them a chance..."

"Like you did, Dubem? What came out of that?"

"My time was different from his. We can't......"

"Another Core is going to fall, Francis! I see it now."

Francis looked at his two bodyguards, boys who were merely 15 years.

Shivites, both of them.

"Summon me Emmanuel and tell him to wait for me in the command center."

"Yes, my Lord."

As they walked away, he moved to the private quarters of the Dragon Lord. He needed the privacy.

"Where is this attack happening, Chika?"

"The Eagle Core. They will be lordless in eight minutes."

"Not if I stop it!"

"You can't go in there! As a Lord from an opposing Core, you will be suspected once you show up! Think, Francis think!"

"I AM THINKING, CHIKA!" He roared back. "I won't enter immediately, I will go in once the enemy has taken most of the Core out."

"Wise, but how will you enter? The Eagle Core is well guarded."

Francis thought for a minute. " There is a...."

"My Lord, Emmanuel is here!"

"Usher him in."

Once Emmanuel walked in, Francis faced him.

"I want three of our best squads ready within five minutes!"

"Yes sir! May I ask....."

"You will get to know when they arrive. Now go!"

Francis watched him walk away.

"You must not feel bad for answering him like that." Onyeka spoke. "You are now a Lord, Francis!"

He wore his battle gear and waited for them to show up.

As soon as they appeared, he spoke.

You know what has been happening in the other Cores, about their Lords been targeted and destroyed. So far the Lion and Scorpion Cores have lost their Lords. The Eagle Core is in danger of that as we speak."

He allowed the murmurs for a while. "Normally the Dragon Core should stay away from such business, however I can't allow such to continue anymore. As a Lord, I have to step in and stop these spate of killings before it's too late. We start now."

He walked down and started to weave some signs with his hands and fingers. Soon enough a portal opened and they saw the Eagle Core.

It was already under attack!

"Men of the Dragon Core! We go in there to protect the Eagle Core and destroy the plans of whoever started this. ARE YOU WITH ME?"

"YES SIR!"

"NOW LETS GO!" Francis said, running head first into the chaos.

1 Like

Re: The Usher By Rapmike by hotswagg12: 9:05am On May 14, 2021
Thanks for the update but you never mentioned of Francis going through physical combat training just like the colonel mentioned to ksenga. And now Francis is ready to go for a battle.
Re: The Usher By Rapmike by rapmike(m): 5:49pm On May 14, 2021
An injured Eagle Core member was forcing himself up when Francis and the Dragon Core came in.

"Easy, we are allies." He told the injured member. There was no response, just a silent breathing.

He turned to his squad members.

"Medics, treat him." He moved on, the rest of his Core following him.

"You do know that this won't be easy. The Eagle Core is one of the strongest Cores, so the assailants must be powerful enough to cause such damage."

Francis nodded and dodged as a bullet flew past them. He looked at the chaos.

The Eagle Core members who were in black and golden brown clothes were huddled near their Lord, a young sinewy man of about thirty years. They would be less than 50. Their enemies, in pure black, had surrounded them and was fighting fiercely. A few had stayed around their comrades, watching out for reinforcements.

They were the first to see them.

"Attack them!" Francis ordered and his squads flew into the scene, shooting and cutting down foes. Each squad member had two hand guns and a short silver blade, long enough to hack at enemies bodies but too short to be swords. Emmanuel was besides him, with the same weaponry.

Francis had a hand gun and a hand crossbow, specially fashioned. He did not need them at the moment.

"Emmanuel, follow me!" Quickly he moved round the assailants battling his Core members and went straight to those attacking the Eagle Core members.

His eyes shone golden and immediately fire sprouted from his eyes, engulfing the assailants. Shocked at the manner of attack, they broke and ran, Emmanuel shooting a few of them down while the rest stumbled and died.

That gave the Eagle Core some respite and they mounted a counter offensive, beating back the assailants and killing them in their numbers. Francis fired a few shots from his gun but he was mostly using his eyes to strangle them one after the other. One of of them was able to reach him but as he attempted to strike, Francis fired his crossbow at the armpit of the man, hanging the hand there while knocking him down with a quick kick.

Soon it was over, the Eagle Core sweeping up the mess that was present. Their Lord approached Francis.

"Who are you?"

The rest of the Dragon Core rallied round him, preparing for a strike. Francis raised his hand to ask for calm.

"I am Francis Anyanwu, the recent Lord of the Dragon Core."

The Eagle Core Lord and his members looked at him in surprise.

"We have heard that the Dragon Core has a new Lord but I did not imagine that we will meet like this."

"Nor I. I sent a diplomatic team to get ourselves introduced but then I received a report that you will be attacked, hence I am here."

The other Lord looked around. "We knew nothing of the attack until an hour ago. Someone had mare careful plans to eliminate us. Do you have any idea who that could be?"

Francis ignored the accusation in that tone. "No, but whoever it is, has guts and is highly connected. We need to be vigilant."

Francis wove his signs again and started to walk back to his clan. "Take care of yourself, Mr Dennis."

The bewildered Lord looked at him as he left, leaving Francis smirking.
Re: The Usher By Rapmike by hotswagg12: 7:53pm On May 14, 2021
What an episode. Thanks for the update and looking forward to more action.
Re: The Usher By Rapmike by idmicheal20: 7:54pm On May 15, 2021
It seems op is finally back, thanks for the update
Re: The Usher By Rapmike by rapmike(m): 8:02am On May 21, 2021
Crimson forest

"Is this the place?"

Zero was uncertain. He remembered his vision enough to bring them here but this was not what he saw.

In his vision, the mountain entrance was lit with fire and lava, brighter than any artificial light he had seen. The surrounding area was alive and hot.

What was here was colder than ice.

"It is. Or is not. We won't find out without going in there." He walked cautiously towards the entrance, One following him steadily.

The entrance was eerily dark. Zero started to question what he saw when he saw One approach the cave.

"This cave is ancient. Look at this inscriptions."

Zero looked at the inscriptions One was observing. They were indeed ancient, looking like Babylonian or Assyrian rather than anything African.

"It's here." He was now confident of it. The vision he saw also showed him this cave.

He walked inside.

Once he reached the middle of the enveloping darkness, torches started to get lit up. He turned back to see One walking forward, astonished with the sudden light as he was. In front of him was a path with thick air steaming from it. At either part of the path was magma.

Zero and One walked to the end of the path.

"Where can we find the Horn?"

"WHAT DO YOU SEEK, YOUNG MEN?"

Zero turned around, looking for the person that spoke. One looked cautious.

"Who speaks?"

"WE ARE THE ONE AND THE MANY. THE BEGINNING AND THE END. WR ARE THE CAVE THAT DECIDES THE HEARTS AND DESTINIES OF MEN. WHAT DO YOU SEEK?"

"We seek the Horn of Distortion." One spoke.

"A BOLD ONE SPEAKS, BUT IS HE READY FOR THE PRICE?"

"We are ready!" Zero answered. They have come all this way, risked their lives and their love to make it this far. They cannot fail now.

"AN ULTIMATE GIFT DEMANDS AN ULTIMATE SACRIFICE. THRUST YOURSELF INTO THE LIQUID FIRE BENEATH YOU. THERE AND THEN YOU WILL GET THE HORN?"

"Are we going to die?"

"HAHAHAHA!!!! OF COURSE YOU WILL DIE! THE ALTERNATIVE IS TO THRUST THE MOST VALUABLE PERSON IN YOUR LIFE DOWN THE SEA OF FIRE BENEATH YOU!"

Zero looked at One and time froze.

He remembered how they first met, how he opened up to One and discovered their love for themselves. He remembered their struggles, how they fought to rise to become Zero and One.

He could not do it. Not this.

"Isn't there anything else I can give? Please!"

"DON'T DENY THE CAVE ITS DUE! IF YOU CAN'T DO IT, THEN LEAVE AND DON'T COME BACK!"

Zero moved towards the lava, imagining how hot it will be landing inside the heat. His suffering will not be much, if only he could push himself off this cliff.

"Zero, know this, I love you!"

He turned and saw One jumping into the fire.

"THE DEED IS DONE! NOW RECEIVE THE PRIZE!"

A blood red horn with gold and black marking was spar out by the lava.

The Horn of Distortion.

1 Like

Re: The Usher By Rapmike by hotswagg12: 10:26am On May 21, 2021
Wow the horn of distortion is finally here. Thanks for the update.
Re: The Usher By Rapmike by silverlinen(m): 5:09pm On May 24, 2021
Ksenga must fall oo
Dat man Francis must be ruthless when it comes to dealing with betrayers
rapmike....been a while though

1 Like

Re: The Usher By Rapmike by Tk4all(m): 7:04pm On May 24, 2021
Following
Re: The Usher By Rapmike by rapmike(m): 1:43pm On May 28, 2021
Dragon HQ

"My Lord, Ksenga has returned."

Francis turned around to see the acolyte speaking to him.

"Bring him in."

Once the acolyte left, he walked towards a painting of Jesus and his twelve disciples at the last supper, observing it.

Ksenga entered and went on one knee.

"My Lord, I have returned."

"With good news I believe." Francis kept looking at the picture.

"Yes sir. Most of the other Cores are still behind us in abilities and tech. Their leaders seem oblivious of the attacks that has been happening."

"Until it falls on them. You know, I was at the Eagle Core today."

"I was told, my Lord. But why?"

"Those who told you should have said why."

"They did, my Lord. But interference in other Cores matters can be seen as a declaration of war."

"By whom, if I may ask?"

"By the offending party."

"Which will be me, of course. Only, I was there to stop a catastrophe. Tell me, Ksenga, why would someone target the strongest Cores?"

"Sir, these may be separate events."

"What events? I am only talking of one event."

"But you said someone was......"

"Targeting the strongest Cores, yes. The Lion Core has no Lord yet, the Dragon Core just gained a Lord and suddenly the Eagle, Scorpion and Hawk Cores lose their Lords. What does that make the Dragon Core?"

"Sir?"

"What does that make the Dragon Core?"

"An aggressor?"

"Exactly. Only that I have no interest in aggression at the moment." He turned to Ksenga. "Judas betrayed Jesus over thirty pieces of silver, right?"

Ksenga frowned." Why asking me about that, sir?"

"Just answer the f*cking question!" His eyes were bloodshot and fuming.

"Yes sir. I swear, I have no intention of betraying you."

Francis smiled, a smile of a maniac. "Good. Good! Remember Ksenga, your life is not yours alone. If we weather whatever is happening , with all the Lords alive and kicking, I plan to call a council of all the Lords."

"To do what, sir?"

"To reshape this country, giving every Shivite the chance to stand on the same grounds as every other tribe in this country. Your people can begin to be reintegrated with the rest of the country, changing history as we speak."

"But if things go wrong, even if your tribe gets to the top, other tribes will rise up and put your tribe down. When that happens, your tribe will be destroyed."

He touched his shoulder. "I know that things are tough. I know how much pressure must be on you to turn because of how things are. But I want to change it."

Ksenga nodded. "I will never betray you."

"Good. You can go."

1 Like

Re: The Usher By Rapmike by hotswagg12: 3:01pm On May 28, 2021
Francis is so full of wisdom. Just look how he was able to corner ksenga. Thanks for the update.
Re: The Usher By Rapmike by rapmike(m): 8:14am On Jun 09, 2021
Dragon HQ

07:00am

Ksenga looked out at the new recruits training and sighed. It has been a long and testing week for him. From creating liasions with other Cores to planning with Colonel Mohammed, it has really been a tough week.

But the biggest elephant in the room was Francis. The supposed Usher who is now more important than everything else. The flash he was guarding with his life has been discarded, forgotten. It's all about him.

"Your life is not yours alone." Francis words to him has been echoing in his mind. Not like he took his life lightly, after all that's what brought him into this dangerous game of taking over the Cores with the Colonel. But of recent he has been have second thoughts. What if the Colonel betrays him and takes absolute power? After all, for all of the noise about the Anyanwus been extinct, there are two of them in existence and one is with the Colonel, though he does not know of his true nature.

Then there is Francis, who claims that he wants to change everything. How possible is that? Francis is a bold one, he had to admit. His actions in the Eagle Core was very bold, though it was for the good of the Core. But can he do it? Can he change the way the Shivites are seen and treated? Even if he covenes a council, will he succeed?

Ksenga frowned, his mind thrusting itself from one option to another. To be fair, he does not want a war. A war is too bloody a thing to do.

He just has to wait to see what happens. In a few days time, it will be over.

3 Likes

Re: The Usher By Rapmike by hotswagg12: 8:41am On Jun 09, 2021
Ksenga need to make up his mind about where his loyalty lies. Thanks for the update but it's too short.
Re: The Usher By Rapmike by rapmike(m): 10:41pm On Jun 10, 2021
Crimson forest

06:00am

Zero moved his head unconsciously. His vision was hazy and confused, yet he knew that he was safe, in a cave. How he got there, he did not know.

"Don't move. The poison is still strong in your veins."

"Who are you?"
"Your friend, Al-Azim."

He made to stand up, but he felt his hands burn.

"What part of 'don't move' don't you understand?"

Zero surrendered to the floor.

"What...happened....to....me?"

"Don't talk. You need to rest, so that my potion will work faster and better."

Zero slept off.

He found himself in the Cave, One jumping off the top to the lava below.

Then he found himself falling as well into the lava, hearing a single voice.

"YOU ARE MORE IMPORTANT THAN YOU THINK!"
"WAKE UP! ERIC ISSAC, WAKE UP!"

"THEY NEED YOUR BLOOD!"

Zero woke up suddenly, blood spilling from his mouth.

"Easy, easy, my friend!" Al Azim cleaned the blood in his mouth, cleaned the wounds in legs and hands, changed his clothes.

"What happened?" His vision was now clear and he could see the Horn of Distortion on the floor, it's red and black colours shining brightly.

"Your horn is a rarity, even among the treasures of this desert. You were chased by King Cobras and their close kin, the King Vipers."

"Snakes or humans?"

"Snakes and humans both. For the crawlers stung you first, then the wild men that bear their name tied you up and dispossessed you of the Horn. If I had not passed by, you would have been dead.

"Thank you."

"Don't thank me. You have made a grave scarifice to get that Horn. Now you have to finish your journey."

Zero tried to stand up once again. He staggered about and fell again.

"You are still weak, even though the worst has passed. Rest and eat, then rest again. Tomorrow morning you can be on your way."

Zero nodded as Al-Azim served him some figs and a roasted pig, with a jar of water.

1 Like

Re: The Usher By Rapmike by hotswagg12: 7:46am On Jun 11, 2021
Wow so zero is an anyawu. Thanks for the update.
Re: The Usher By Rapmike by rapmike(m): 11:56am On Jun 25, 2021
Dragon HQ

"Call me Emmanuel."

The young acolyte walked away, leaving Francis with his thoughts. He may have tried to shake the thought of a revolt off Ksenga, but he feared that it was not enough.

News had reached him about the fall of the Scorpion Core when he was done speaking to Ksenga. That news meant one thing: This revolt is bigger than he thought. He has to get ready.

"You waste time trying to negotiate with the traitor. Be off with his head, idiot!" He heard the rasp voice of Onyeka, reeking with anger.

"I have to give him a chance."

"What chance does a lion give a goat? Ksenga will rip your throat off once he has the chance."

"And take control of the Core? To what end?"

"To destroy us. To destroy our culture, our lives, to seize the land and change it's history. Can't you see this or are your eyes mere ornaments?"

"Onyeka, don't insult him,........."

"Don't lecture me Oscar!"

"Don't shush me!"

"Guys, guys please behave. If you all start speaking at once, I may become mad."

"Sir, Captain Emmanuel is around!"

Francis turned and dismissed the acolyte, leaving him and Emmanuel.

"Wow! You always seem faraway, Francis. Or should I call you Lord Francis?"

"In the presence of others, yes. But that's not why I called you."

"Why did you call me?"

"Emmanuel, when did you know about me? My abilities? Who I was? When did you know all these?"

"Why asking me this questions now? What's happening?"

"When I came with that flash, not knowing what to do, it's was you who took control and got me to safety, even giving up Sodiq in the process. Before that, you kept claiming that I was someone important, even though I was a broke man trying to make ends meet. So again, I have to ask you, when did you know this?"

"A lot time ago. I checked your family tree and did some other research. But why asking me now? Why all of these?"

Francis looked at him straight in the eye. "A storm is coming, Emmanuel and I need to know your loyalty."

Emmanuel looked shocked. " Come on, I am your sworn man. I will live and die to help you, save you if possible."

"Good. I need you to do something."

"What?"

"Spy on Ksenga and Marcus."

"What?! Wh......"

"Don't ask! You said that you will live and die for me if need be, do this!"

Emmanuel relaxer his face. "What am I suppose to look for?"

"Anything. Check the information they receive, who they talk to, what's gadgets Marcus is producing, anything! If you see any thing of interest, report to me as quick as possible."

"Fine. I will do this."

Francis shook his hand. "Thank you. You can go."

As Emmanuel walked away, Francis looked towards the monitors in front of him. "That's my roll of the dice."

1 Like

Re: The Usher By Rapmike by hotswagg12: 2:09pm On Jun 25, 2021
Thanks for the update.
Re: The Usher By Rapmike by silverlinen(m): 6:35pm On Jun 30, 2021
So "ERIC ISSAC" is the other anyanwu?
Getting interesting...buh
Rapmike i dey vex and para together
Please make the updates longer
Waiting for next update....WE MOVE!!!
Re: The Usher By Rapmike by jnig: 8:00pm On Jun 30, 2021
An interesting read. Waiting for the next episode....
Re: The Usher By Rapmike by OluwaGoverment(m): 9:01pm On Jun 30, 2021
Interesting story but please update more often abeg..
Re: The Usher By Rapmike by rapmike(m): 9:41pm On Jun 30, 2021
OluwaGoverment:
Interesting story but please update more often abeg..

Thanks for your comment.

The reason why I have been struggling to update is because I am currently struggling as a person. Right now I have less than #1000 and I need to go to work throughout July. My situation is desperate and because of this, I have lost the verve to write. Please bear with me.

P.S. My issues have been sorted out, Praise God. I will resume with the updates as soon as possible

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Write A Description: Describe Her Beauty. / Not Just An Ordinary Day (A Short Romance Story By Kayode Odusanya) / At The Moment (ATM)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 114
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.