Welcome, Guest: Join Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 2,673,513 members, 6,287,755 topics. Date: Thursday, 13 May 2021 at 07:48 PM

The Usher By Rapmike - Literature (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / The Usher By Rapmike (6126 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Usher By Rapmike by hotswagg12: 6:59pm On Mar 18
Thanks for the update and keep it coming.
Re: The Usher By Rapmike by rapmike(m): 1:23pm On Apr 11
09:00pm
Crimson forest

"Are you sure we are in the right place?"

Zero looked around the hut. Cracks on the wall and rusting roofing told the story of the place; it was crumbling. Some red stuff like was likely blood was spilled on the floor and some marks were on the walls. There was a small fire in the middle. Zero did not know what to make of it.

"Yes. This is the place."

He looked at One uncertainly. One was the one with the map, he had studied it continuously and had even shown him. Yet his gut feeling was that this place was dangerous.

"You search for something?"

The voice filled the whole place. Zero turned around, searching for where the voice came from.

"It's the rabbit."

He made a mental note to check One's sanity. What rabbit? He then noticed his gaze and then followed it.

He saw the rabbit in front of the fire.

What's with this place and rabbits?

"You think the rabbit is the one that spoke?"

"You expect something else?" The mouth moved, filling the room once again with it's voice.

Zero was shocked but One quickly went on one knee.

" Great Oracle, we have come seeking for knowledge and information."

"Ah, one is in doubt while the other walks with faith. Bring your finger."

One made to stretch his finger but Zero dragged him back.

"Let me do this."

Zero moved his right hand towards the rabbit, going on his knees before giving the rabbit his index finger.

The rabbit took the finger and bit it, sucking the blood.

Zero almost pulled back, but One's face gave him courage. He started to feel dizzy and suddenly started seeing pictures of different places, including a huge mountain.

"Zero!"

He suddenly snapped out of his vision and noticed One was holding his body. He did not see the rabbit. Instead, it was an old, stunted dwarf.

"What you seek is very dangerous and quite precious, so naturally I took my price."

"Would he be alright?" One asked, dragging him up. Zero tried to reply, but he sounded like he was speaking gibberish.

"He will recover. However, the price for what you look for is very high. Can you pay?"

"You know what we are looking for?"

"I thought I implied that. Yes, I do know that you seek the Horn of Distortion. More than that, I have shown him where it is. It is left to you." He moved towards One.

"One, don't....." Zero started to see triple before he fell, slipping into oblivion.

1 Like

Re: The Usher By Rapmike by hotswagg12: 4:23pm On Apr 11
Thanks for the update. I doubt if they will be able to pay the price.
Re: The Usher By Rapmike by rapmike(m): 10:31am On Apr 12
The place was dark.

Zero rubbed his eyes and tried to move. He felt someone's hands on him.

"Jesus!"
"Calm down, it's me."

He knew who it was with the voice.

"Where is the Oracle?"

"Gone. He said that we should rest here for a while. You need your strength to continue."

Zero turned around. "This place is dark. What's the time?"

"01:00am. We are safe though."

Zero moved away from One, feeling for the wall. Once he got it, he dragged himself there and sat down.

"So we are just to wait here until something comes to eat us?"

"The Oracle said that this place is safe. Nobody can locate here until we are ready to go."

"How can we be ready when the place is dark?"

He heard One move and then a light come up.
Rechargeable lamps.
He noticed the fireplace was cold like it had not been lit for years. Their clothes were dirty.

"We will need to bath and clean up."

"There is lake at the end of the hut."

"A hut with a lake? What is this place?"

One cocked his head. "I don't really know. But I believe it extra-terrestial. I am going to bath."

Zero followed him. As One said, at the end of the hut was a lake.

One removed his clothes and entered, Zero looking at his ass and dick as he swam across the lake.

"Come in!"

Zero hestitated. He remembered what the Oracle said. The price was heavy. If the price was One, will he be able to kill him?

"Eric?"

Zero turned to see One looking at him. He never called him by his name during missions.

"What's it?"

Zero said nothing but undressed and entered the lake.

"Eric, talk to me. What's wrong?"

"I am afraid, Dubem. Afraid of losing you. What if the price is you. Or me? Will you kill me for this mission?"

One walked towards him and held him from the back. "Shh. Always remember, I love you. I always do. Let's not think about that for now and enjoy today." He kissed him on the face and started to minister to him.
Re: The Usher By Rapmike by hotswagg12: 10:50am On Apr 12
Nice update. Keep it coming.
Re: The Usher By Rapmike by rapmike(m): 3:30pm On May 02
07:00am

The Unknown Island.

Colonel Mohammed looked at the monitors in front of him. It has been eight days since he sent Zero and One into the Crimson forest to get the Horn of Distortion and they were not back. He knew it was dangerous but he trusted Zero with everything.

I can't allow myself to be anxious. He told himself, remembering how he got here.

He was a Colonel in the army when Lord Zachariah picked him and brought him here as a warrior. Ten years it was.

Ten years of hiding in the shadows, studying the Cores, keeping his identity and his mission in vain. Now everything rides on Zero returning with that horn. It has to be Zero. One was a good servant, but Zero is key to his plans.

The buzzer came alive.

"My Lord, a contingent of the Dragon Core are here for diplomatic talks. Am I to allow them in?"

So he has started to move. The new Dragon Core Lord worried him. For a Dragon Lord to appear at this time was quite untimely. He needed to speed things up.

"Send them in. Bring their leader here."

A few minutes later, the head of the team was in front of him.

"Good day, Lord Mohammed. I am officer Ksenga of the Dragon Core. Nice to meet you."

Colonel Mohammed gave him a handshake.

"You are welcome." His monitors picked the presence of nano cameras. Spying huh?

"Let's meet inside the conference room, it's a lot more private there." Ksenga nodded as they walked into the room.

Once inside, Colonel Mohammed hugged him.

"Welcome, brother."

1 Like

Re: The Usher By Rapmike by hotswagg12: 4:01pm On May 02
Guy this update is very short. After keeping us in silence for weeks. Please try and do better.

1 Like

Re: The Usher By Rapmike by rapmike(m): 7:05pm On May 03
hotswagg12:
Guy this update is very short. After keeping us in silence for weeks. Please try and do better.

Am sorry for the length. A lot has been going on around me lately, so I have not been able to write as much as I would want to.

I will try and change and finish up soon

2 Likes

Re: The Usher By Rapmike by hotswagg12: 7:38pm On May 03
I hope u get back on your feet soon. Wish u all the best.

1 Like

Re: The Usher By Rapmike by rapmike(m): 10:29pm On May 04
Ksenga smiled.
"Hope it is safe here to discuss."

"Of course, brother." He pointed to a chair. "Sit."

Once Ksenga sat down, he faced him.

"What happened? The Dragon Core was supposed to he dead, not alive."

As Ksenga explained all that happened, his face developed a deep frown.

"Really? Did you have to keep him alive, Ksenga? Did you? Tell me, give me one good reason why he did not die once he stepped into your zone."

"That was because your people failed to retrieve that flash. Have you forgotten that if the flash was in your hands, we won't be discussing this? The plan was simple, kill the Senator and his PA, retrieve the flash and start the process of invading the Dragon Core. Once the Core fell, you would have no other Core standing in your way. Instead the tlash got to an Anyanwu, something I was not aware of until he was already a presence in the Core. Do you think I would be able to kill him then without any consequences?"

He pulled back. Ksenga was right about everything. But it was too late now.

"So, what's the plan?"

"Hoping I will get that from you. For now, I have to lay low with all my plans. I won't put it past those voices to point fingers at me."

"He has not started training on his abilities, right?"

"Yes. He is rather looking to establish the previous links to the other Cores."

"Good. Keep it that way. My plan is still in motion. Once I get the Horn of Distortion, I will be able to attack the Dragon Core. Then with your help, I can capture him and use his blood to merge the powers together. Then we will be on top, no matter who comes against us."

Ksenga nodded.

He held Ksenga on his head. "Victory is close at hand. Don't forget who we are. Don't forget what we have gone through, Ksenga!"

Ksenga stood up. "I won't. I have to be on my way, my team members must be looking for me."

The Colonel nodded and ushered him out of the conference room.

"We will work with the Dragon Core to establish order in the country." He patted Ksenga at the back. The other guy nodded and walked away, the door closing behind him.

Once he was gone, Colonel Mohammed sat down and looked at the monitors. Even though Ksenga was persuasive in his argument, he was not totally convinced of his loyalty. Ksenga may have other plans. He had to be careful.

Zero cannot come fast enough.

1 Like

Re: The Usher By Rapmike by hotswagg12: 8:11am On May 05
Thanks for the update. I just hope the new head of the dragon core can speed up his training. Tsenga is really a traitor.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Brain Teaser (are You A Genius???) / Mysterious / Book Summary - The Instant Millionaire By Mark Fisher

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2021 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 128
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.