Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,372 members, 7,808,297 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:01 AM

Stop Blaming Yakubu Ayegbeni For World Cup Failure – Nigeria Coach Samson Siasia - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Stop Blaming Yakubu Ayegbeni For World Cup Failure – Nigeria Coach Samson Siasia (5124 Views)

Full List Of 30 Players Invited To Camp By Samson Siasia For Rio Olympics / Samson Siasia Flaunts The U-23 Trophy And His Medal (Photo) / Yakubu Aiyegbeni With His Wife & Daughters (Holiday Pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Stop Blaming Yakubu Ayegbeni For World Cup Failure – Nigeria Coach Samson Siasia by PurestBoy(m): 7:00pm On Mar 03, 2011
The mention of Yakubu Ayegbeni brings many memories to Nigerians. The most resounding is that of the striker missing a sitter at the World Cup that cost the Super Eagles a chance of securing a second round passage. Since then, he has become the most riled figure in Nigerian football.

However, Nigeria coach Samson Siasia has asked Nigerians to stop blaming the Leicester City man for Nigeria's 2010 World Cup meltdown, but says he will keep the forward out of the team for the time being, in the player's own interest.

Ayegbeni has hit four goals in six appearances for the Foxes, and is gradually looking back to his best goal scoring form, but Siasia says he will leave him out until the team stabilizes.

"We cannot take a chance on Yakubu now. This country will catch fire," Siasia told KickOffNigeria.com. "Almost all Nigerians blame him for what happened at the World Cup, but that is not true. There were 11 players on the field and those on the bench and it is a collective responsibility.

"The best players in the world can miss chances.

"We didn’t play well as a team at the tournament, but Nigerians don't want to see those guys (Yakubu and Sani Kaita) because they feel they destroyed everything for us."

Siasia is building his team from the ground up, and says the door remains open to Yakubu and Kaita, as long as they are performing well and playing regular club football.

"We are building a new team right now and we cannot afford to bring them in and put them under pressure from the fans. We don’t want that.

"When the team is stable, we have won games, and they are doing well and scoring goals for their clubs, we can invite them,” he said.

http://www.goal.com/en/news/1656/nigeria/2011/03/03/2377667/stop-blaming-yakubu-ayegbeni-for-world-cup-failure-nigeria-coach-
Re: Stop Blaming Yakubu Ayegbeni For World Cup Failure – Nigeria Coach Samson Siasia by PurestBoy(m): 7:01pm On Mar 03, 2011
Good talk from Siasia, I blame Tunisia and Mozambique who made the way for our qualification, This Siasia of a guy looks like a failure in the making
Re: Stop Blaming Yakubu Ayegbeni For World Cup Failure – Nigeria Coach Samson Siasia by mamagee3(f): 7:05pm On Mar 03, 2011
Siasia is a dimwitt!

Why didn't he say this after Nigeria was humiliated on a public view.

Yakubu missed a goal that shouldn't have been missed in anyway.

Even a 3 year old kid would have easily kicked the ball into the net and yet we forgave Yakubu for it and then from no where comes siasia the reetard trying to remove the blame from him.
Re: Stop Blaming Yakubu Ayegbeni For World Cup Failure – Nigeria Coach Samson Siasia by 1025: 8:30pm On Mar 03, 2011
i said it from the onset. the idea of making siasia the national coach is to bring him down. pdp and their criminalities are so infectious that obasanjo even said that Jesus Christ cannot conduct a free and fair election in nigeria.
if siasia of all ppl can say this, u can agree with me that he has join them. he just said this to know our reaction before bringing that pdp member(yakubu) back.
siasia, pls shut up ur mouth before we shut it for u. big fool.
Re: Stop Blaming Yakubu Ayegbeni For World Cup Failure – Nigeria Coach Samson Siasia by PurestBoy(m): 1:03am On Mar 04, 2011
How I wish the moderators can put this thread on the front page so that other people can contribute because I'm really angry at Siasia, Was Siasia even a world class player while he was playing footie??

Oh, maybe we should have celebrated with Yakubu for losing that clear chance that even my late grand father could have scored, PDP Infected coach indeed
Re: Stop Blaming Yakubu Ayegbeni For World Cup Failure – Nigeria Coach Samson Siasia by semid4lyfe(m): 1:40am On Mar 04, 2011
I agree with Siasia that we should stop blaming Yakubu for the World cup failure instead blame the Coach who makes all the important decisions (and selects the 11 players to go on the pitch).  But do the Super Eagles need Yakubu? undecided. . .Hell NO!.

We've got better and more hungry attackers so Yakubu's chapter with the National Team should be closed forever. Peeps like Martins, Osaze, Ik Uche, Peter Utaka, Emmenike, Victor Anichebe, Obinna Nsofor, Ahmed Musa, Chinedu Obasi, Brown Ideye etc are enough to take care of our striking needs.

Yakubu should be close to 40 yrs by now if he ain't already. . .I'm surprised he didn't announce his retirement from International football immediately after the world cup with all furore that his Korea miss generated and the subsequent backlash from Nigerians.

However, I feel differently about Sanni Kaita. If I were Siasia, I'll invite him immediately to the team. He's the most hardworking and combative defensive midfielder we've had in recent years and that his red card was just a ''moment of madness''.

1 Like

Re: Stop Blaming Yakubu Ayegbeni For World Cup Failure – Nigeria Coach Samson Siasia by PurestBoy(m): 2:24am On Mar 04, 2011
semid4lyfe:

I agree with Siasia that we should stop blaming Yakubu for the World cup failure instead blame the Coach who makes all the important decisions (and selects the 11 players to go on the pitch).  But do the Super Eagles need Yakubu? undecided. . .Hell NO!.

We've got better and more hungry attackers so Yakubu's chapter with the National Team should be closed forever. Peeps like Martins, Osaze, Ik Uche, Peter Utaka, Emmenike, Victor Anichebe, Obinna Nsofor, Ahmed Musa, Chinedu Obasi, Brown Ideye etc are enough to take care of our striking needs.

Yakubu should be close to 40 yrs by now if he ain't already. . .I'm surprised he didn't announce his retirement from International football immediately after the world cup with all furore that his Korea miss generated and the subsequent backlash from Nigerians.

However, I feel differently about Sanni Kaita. If I were Siasia, I'll invite him immediately to the team. He's the most hardworking and combative defensive midfielder we've had in recent years and that his red card was just a ''moment of madness''.

Nice talk bro and I understand the part of Kaita because such action can happen to anyone but as for Yakubu, I'LL BREAK THE TV ANYTIME I SEE HIM PLAY FOR NIGERIA
Re: Stop Blaming Yakubu Ayegbeni For World Cup Failure – Nigeria Coach Samson Siasia by OvieE: 4:22am On Mar 04, 2011
PurestBoy:

Good talk from Asia, I blame Tunisia and Mozambique who made the way for our qualification, This Asia of a guy looks like a failure in the making

Kenya should also be added to the list of countries to be blame for allowing Nigeria to go world cup.
Re: Stop Blaming Yakubu Ayegbeni For World Cup Failure – Nigeria Coach Samson Siasia by PurestBoy(m): 5:01am On Mar 04, 2011
Sure, I never wanted us to go to that World Cup, but thank God Messi couldn't humiliate us as we anticipated otherwise that would have been a tragedy alongside Yakubuic [i]kaita[/i]strophy
Re: Stop Blaming Yakubu Ayegbeni For World Cup Failure – Nigeria Coach Samson Siasia by 12large1: 6:27am On Mar 04, 2011
wow i'm dissapointed in siasia. me i don't think nigerians are mad at yakubu just because of that wc miss. we have all heard the saying "your cup will soon be fulled" since 2007 yakubu has been our main striker prior to acn 2008 yakubu was nigerian the top scorer in premier league scoring tap ins for middlesbroug but anytime he come for nigeria he was plays rubbish. imagine if it was okocha tha missed a chanced with free posts he would be easily forgiven because we know he is a great player. but yakubu has been total rubbish almost all of the time he has played for us. for keita the guy is another useless player semid you cannot just be hardworking and think thats the only thing you need to survive in football. hardwork is good but you need some type of ball sense. 10 strikers better than yakubu and why he should never be recalled in eagles even if he scores 50 goals for leister
1. emenike
2. martins
3. obasi
4.obinna
5. osaze
6. peter utaka
7. anichebe
8. edward ofere
9. chrisantus
10. sani emmanuel

this 10 strikers should be considered before yakubu.

10 midfilders to be considered before keita

1. rabiu ibrahim
2. joel obi
3. mikel obi
4. haruna lukman
5. stanley okoro
6. emmanuel ekpo
7. kalu uche
8. barthelomen igbenegbu
9. obiora nwankwo
10 ramon azeez

this 10 players should be considered before thinking of calling useless keita so for me in order words this 2 players are not good for nigeria ever
Re: Stop Blaming Yakubu Ayegbeni For World Cup Failure – Nigeria Coach Samson Siasia by medjai(m): 7:20am On Mar 04, 2011
I'm absolutely in tandem with Sia1. Na today players start to dey miss sitters?
Re: Stop Blaming Yakubu Ayegbeni For World Cup Failure – Nigeria Coach Samson Siasia by Seun(m): 3:53pm On Mar 05, 2011
What Siasia is trying to say is that Yakubu, as bad as he was, is still one of the best striker we have in our team.  So our best bet is not to exclude him but to pray for his deliverance from the evil spirits holding him back.  If we leave him out of the team for sentimental reasons, what will we do when the other players are unable to score?
Re: Stop Blaming Yakubu Ayegbeni For World Cup Failure – Nigeria Coach Samson Siasia by andyanders: 4:18pm On Mar 05, 2011
SIA 1, GO AND RESPECT YOURSELF AND FORGET YAKUBU AND KAITA IF YOU WANT TO COME BACK TO NIGERIA AGAIN
JUST DONT TRY BRING THEM. WE HAVE FORGIVEN THEM, BUT THEY MUST NOT PLAY NATIONAL TEAM AGAIN. YAKUBU IS PLAYING IN DIV2. HE CAN SCORE 100 GOALS PER GAME, THATS FOR HIS POCKET. HE IS ARROGANT AND FELT THAT HE CANNOT SAY " NIGERIANS, I, YAKUBU IS SORRY FOR THAT GOAL I MISSED. I LISTENED TO HIS INTERVIEW AND HE SAID HE IS NOT SORRY FOR THAT MISS. LET HIM GO TO HELL. IDDIO-T. AFTER ALL, IT IS TAX PAYERS MONEY AND NOT HIS FATHER'S MONEY
Re: Stop Blaming Yakubu Ayegbeni For World Cup Failure – Nigeria Coach Samson Siasia by andyanders: 4:26pm On Mar 05, 2011
SISIA BE CAREFUL. WE START HATING YOU IF YOU WANT TO DEFEND YAKUBU. YOU ARE TRYING TO BE SMART? OR YAKUBU HAVE STARTED GIVING YOU MONEY TO BRING HIM BACK? I WILL PLOT FOR YOUR DOWNFALL. BE CAREFULL. THERE ARE YOUNG NIGERIANS THAT ARE 1010% BETTER THAN YAKUBU. BE CAREFUL , SISIA BE CAREFUL WE ALL STOOD BY YOU WHEN THINGS WERE GOING WRONG WITH NFF.BE CAREFUL, I REPEAT
Re: Stop Blaming Yakubu Ayegbeni For World Cup Failure – Nigeria Coach Samson Siasia by 197(f): 4:43pm On Mar 05, 2011
WHO IS FAKUBU- AIYGBEN GBEN
Re: Stop Blaming Yakubu Ayegbeni For World Cup Failure – Nigeria Coach Samson Siasia by galatico(m): 4:45pm On Mar 05, 2011
Siasia should shut up his mouth, if he says Nigerians shouldn't blame Yakubu, who else should we blame? When he missed a chance that even my Grandmother would have scored .
Re: Stop Blaming Yakubu Ayegbeni For World Cup Failure – Nigeria Coach Samson Siasia by kelvin(m): 5:04pm On Mar 05, 2011
If we don't blame yakubu, who can we blame.
Re: Stop Blaming Yakubu Ayegbeni For World Cup Failure – Nigeria Coach Samson Siasia by Nobody: 5:24pm On Mar 05, 2011
I personally believe Yakubu took money from international betting syndicates to miss that goal. After the WC, Kanu and some players reported to the FA assertions that some Nigerian players were compromised in that WC.

Predictably, nothing came of it, probably because some in the FA were knee deep in it as well.
Re: Stop Blaming Yakubu Ayegbeni For World Cup Failure – Nigeria Coach Samson Siasia by kaymoney2(m): 5:34pm On Mar 05, 2011
Sia-Sia should not forget that the good-will he enjoys from the die hard 9ja fans now
Wont last long if he is unable to show for it with good results on the pitch** And instead of him
concentrating on his job and assignment with the super eagle* He is busy showing off himself
as the messiah
tongue tongue
Re: Stop Blaming Yakubu Ayegbeni For World Cup Failure – Nigeria Coach Samson Siasia by Nobody: 5:36pm On Mar 05, 2011
WORST MISS IN FOOTBALL HISTORY

[flash=450,450]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n1y6snKoFqs&feature=related[/flash]

That guy does not deserve the shirt on his back.

If he'd actually just left the ball it would have scored. What an iddiot!
Re: Stop Blaming Yakubu Ayegbeni For World Cup Failure – Nigeria Coach Samson Siasia by WackyJ1(m): 5:48pm On Mar 05, 2011
Something is up. What is that coach saying? That Yakubu that couldn't score that simple thing should come back to the team? For what? That Kaita that thought he was in his village when he was fighting the man from greece should not be allowed back either. They mentioned about 10 other players that can replace both Yakubu and Kaita each. That Äsiasia should be careful
Re: Stop Blaming Yakubu Ayegbeni For World Cup Failure – Nigeria Coach Samson Siasia by Katsumoto: 6:16pm On Mar 05, 2011
semid4lyfe:

Your post is fine but I can fight you if you mention Obasi as a striker. I will even take Yakubu before Obasi; Obasi is the worst striker ever for the eagles.

Also, Nigeria should be moving forward. We don't need midfielders such as Kaita who battle all day winning the ball but have a 2% pass completion rate. If you win the ball; complete at least 80% of your passes as a defensive midfielder.
Re: Stop Blaming Yakubu Ayegbeni For World Cup Failure – Nigeria Coach Samson Siasia by ZiggyHimself(m): 6:22pm On Mar 05, 2011
The Super Eagles coach, Samson Siasia, has pleaded with Nigerians to stop blaming Yakubu Aiyegbeni for Nigeria's horrible outing at the 2010 world cup.

But Siasia abeg, lets tell ourselves the truth, What kind of a professional footballer would miss a "One on Zero"? Dis one no be one on one again, cos the goalkeeper was off the scene. Even my Gran Mama go score dat goal.

http://www.amebortalk.com/exclusive-gist/naija-gist/551-samson-siasia-begs-nigeria-to-forgive-yakubu-aiyegbeni

Re: Stop Blaming Yakubu Ayegbeni For World Cup Failure – Nigeria Coach Samson Siasia by fxtopedia(m): 7:06pm On Mar 05, 2011
I am not a fan of YAKUBU who yakubu the ball during the world cup. Of a truth,
I don't want him to be among the team for the world cup, considering his form then,

However, we should learn to forgive issue. People are blaming him for that SINGLE
mistake. I blame him too. But we should forgive him. Those of you crying that U don;t
want him again, Can you boldly tell us that YOU pass all you exams while in school with
distinctions? If no, then allow him to be.

Atleast he has brought smile to our faces in one way or the other before now. Same goes
for KEITA.
Re: Stop Blaming Yakubu Ayegbeni For World Cup Failure – Nigeria Coach Samson Siasia by medjai(m): 7:33pm On Mar 05, 2011
kelvin:

If we don't blame yakubu, who can we blame.

Do we have to blame someone?

ROSSIKE:

WORST MISS IN FOOTBALL HISTORY

[flash=450,450]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n1y6snKoFqs&feature=related[/flash]

That guy does not deserve the shirt on his back.

If he'd actually just left the ball it would have scored. What an iddiot!
You definitely didn't see Maxi Rodriguez's miss in the Chelsea vs Liverpool game. I think we made too much of a big deal out of Yakubu's miss.
Re: Stop Blaming Yakubu Ayegbeni For World Cup Failure – Nigeria Coach Samson Siasia by denitro(m): 8:04pm On Mar 05, 2011
PurestBoy:

Siasia is building his team from the ground up, and says the door remains open to Yakubu and Kaita, as long as they are performing well and playing regular club football.

Recipe for disaster
Re: Stop Blaming Yakubu Ayegbeni For World Cup Failure – Nigeria Coach Samson Siasia by julioralph(m): 9:44pm On Mar 05, 2011
:opls siasia shud stop all these nonsense! yakubu nearly gave some of us heart attacks, pls focus on d current bunch of guys you've got
Re: Stop Blaming Yakubu Ayegbeni For World Cup Failure – Nigeria Coach Samson Siasia by newmusic: 9:45pm On Mar 05, 2011
Some of you guys slaying Siasia dont understand one thing. Siasia is the present manager and use to be an ex player of the national team. Do you guys expect a coach or a player to publicly criticize another player? HELL NO!

SIASIA is talking as a professional, you guys need to wake up and forget bout the guy's mistake.
You can check the list of highest goal scorers in Nigeria and tell me where Yakubu is. I am not a fan of Yakubu either but you dont expect a manager or a player to publicly criticize his fellow.
Re: Stop Blaming Yakubu Ayegbeni For World Cup Failure – Nigeria Coach Samson Siasia by clerc(m): 10:30pm On Mar 05, 2011
, I don't tink we need yakubu again, people miss goals, but an average amateur can score that goal and instead of him to be sorry he was laughing, all we need is to get IK Uche back on track, with nsofor and osaze flaking him i tink we gat a chance, so pls let Yakubu just remain where he is ohhhhhhhhh
Re: Stop Blaming Yakubu Ayegbeni For World Cup Failure – Nigeria Coach Samson Siasia by blackweaver(m): 11:38pm On Mar 05, 2011
actually i think Kaita was more responsible for our world cup failure; Kaita's not a bad player but his losy action cost us a game we had no business losing, remember until that match Greece had never won a world cup match, beside we were even leading; but given a choice on who to recall back i will choose Kaita any day, i believe the guy has learnt his lesson, meanwhile Yakubu's a perpetual goal waster
Re: Stop Blaming Yakubu Ayegbeni For World Cup Failure – Nigeria Coach Samson Siasia by Kc3000: 12:00am On Mar 06, 2011
Yeah, the missed goal was just the punctuation mark with how Nigerians have felt about Yakubu for many years. Dude just gives zero effort when he puts on that eagles shirt, it just seems like he'd rather be anywhere else but on the football pitch whenever he plays for Nigeria. I actually like the guys touch on the ball, and he can finish with both legs, but all of that amounts to nothing if the effort is not there.
   He had many chances to prove himself, but failed to perform, his lack of determination exemplified everything that was wrong with the Eagles. I won't miss him on the team.
Re: Stop Blaming Yakubu Ayegbeni For World Cup Failure – Nigeria Coach Samson Siasia by kcjazz(m): 3:26am On Mar 06, 2011
Funny Nigerians and our short term memory, Yakubu is the third highest scorer in Nigeria with 21 goals, he misses one and he is called useless? undecided

Blaming him does not take away the problems of the Super Eagles. Sad but true. I advice him to think of his passion and family first before thinking of the SE , rubbish!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Seven English Clubs Battling To Sign Striker Macauley Chrisantus / Download Real Madrid 3-1 Barcelona [la Liga Highlights] / See The NTA Camera Men Covering The Match Between Nigeria Vs Benin

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.