Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,892 members, 7,802,875 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 12:34 AM

Oyedepo: If Invited To Become Nigeria’s President, I Will Consider It A Demotion - Religion (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Oyedepo: If Invited To Become Nigeria’s President, I Will Consider It A Demotion (39793 Views)

Bishop Oyedepo: I Will Never Accept To Be President Of Nigeria, It's Demotion / Bishop Oyedepo: If You Don’t Pay Your Tithe You Are Under A Financial Curse / Bishop Oyedepo: 'If You Don't Pay Tithe, You Are Permanently A Beggar' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Oyedepo: If Invited To Become Nigeria’s President, I Will Consider It A Demotion by haffaze777(m): 10:16pm On Oct 05, 2020
Who will even allow Old fool to be president?grin
Re: Oyedepo: If Invited To Become Nigeria’s President, I Will Consider It A Demotion by Soleye24(m): 10:17pm On Oct 05, 2020
who needs a thief? I hope you are still enjoying the 6 billion Jonathan gave you to support his reelection?
Re: Oyedepo: If Invited To Become Nigeria’s President, I Will Consider It A Demotion by Zimzim2000: 10:20pm On Oct 05, 2020
Adrian9:

That is his title. I didn't give him. Pastor means Shepherd. Go and check.
The clergy love titles a lot,they are the opposite of Jesus In that respect!
Oloshi pastor, na you be President of the solar system
Re: Oyedepo: If Invited To Become Nigeria’s President, I Will Consider It A Demotion by Lordmykel(m): 10:22pm On Oct 05, 2020
oga, we do not need you to come and build universities Nigerians cannot afford.
Re: Oyedepo: If Invited To Become Nigeria’s President, I Will Consider It A Demotion by kpokpo1(m): 10:33pm On Oct 05, 2020
Re: Oyedepo: If Invited To Become Nigeria’s President, I Will Consider It A Demotion by wacuc0: 10:52pm On Oct 05, 2020
engrchykae:
Peter,do you love me more than these?feed my sheep.
It's shepherds that feed sheep.
There are many sherpheds but Christ is the great shepherd

It seems you people are not understanding each other. Jesus asked Peter to feed His sheep. Then Jesus is the shepherd not Peter. That is the guys argument, and once a sheep can not be a shepherd. Peter is a sheep and can not later to turn to be shepherd. JESUS is the shepherd. That is his argument he his putting across to you.
Re: Oyedepo: If Invited To Become Nigeria’s President, I Will Consider It A Demotion by DasaintHope(m): 11:03pm On Oct 05, 2020
How does that change the price of Garri in the market😏😏
Re: Oyedepo: If Invited To Become Nigeria’s President, I Will Consider It A Demotion by engrchykae(m): 11:19pm On Oct 05, 2020
wacuc0:

It seems you people are not understanding each other. Jesus asked Peter to feed His sheep. Then Jesus is the shepherd not Peter. That is the guys argument, and once a sheep can not be a shepherd. Peter is a sheep and can not later to turn to be shepherd. JESUS is the shepherd. That is his argument he his putting across to you.
so sheep feeds sheep?
Re: Oyedepo: If Invited To Become Nigeria’s President, I Will Consider It A Demotion by delkuf(m): 11:24pm On Oct 05, 2020
kareemkamil:
God forbid, even your generation will never become councilor not to talk of president. We should invite you, so that you can put Nigeria inside your pucket. Idiot greedy man. Foolish animal.
His generation will be too low to be a councilor. Bishop Oyedepo is too big to be the president of Nigeria. Continue arguing
Re: Oyedepo: If Invited To Become Nigeria’s President, I Will Consider It A Demotion by Nawa4you: 11:25pm On Oct 05, 2020
See him mouth. ; cheesy
Re: Oyedepo: If Invited To Become Nigeria’s President, I Will Consider It A Demotion by Afamed: 11:28pm On Oct 05, 2020
CodeTemplar:
So when is he suppose do the reconciliation? One of the two parties was a candidate in the polls, and asked a neutral third party to help reconcile them. May be they should have been reconciled years back before primaries were held. Múmuism
Was 2019, the first time Atiku would contest for presidential election after he left as vp since 2007? He didn't reconcile them in 2007, not 2011, not even 2015 when Atiku contested for the presidential tickets.
When we say PDP supporters are naturally braindead, we don't just hearsay that.
Re: Oyedepo: If Invited To Become Nigeria’s President, I Will Consider It A Demotion by Danniedpastor(m): 11:43pm On Oct 05, 2020
bakobenjamin198:
hmmm! An aspiring pastor, looking at the daddy scammer as a role model. I guess, you have learnt and are mastery of the scamming skills very well? If not, you are already a failure.

Bro I'm a pastor with a congratulation.
I'm also a pastor that preaches dignity in labour.
We don't scam people in this kingdom.
We enjoy kingdom wealth weather you are a pastor or not
Re: Oyedepo: If Invited To Become Nigeria’s President, I Will Consider It A Demotion by Earnonline7: 11:47pm On Oct 05, 2020
Oh
Re: Oyedepo: If Invited To Become Nigeria’s President, I Will Consider It A Demotion by Dammy30(m): 11:56pm On Oct 05, 2020
This is the kind of fellowship Christ himself gave us the pattern. The pattern of Fellowship in the Acts of Apostles. If you're Born Again, you can start it in your House or community. Jesus Christ said "Occupy till I come".

Re: Oyedepo: If Invited To Become Nigeria’s President, I Will Consider It A Demotion by Nobody: 12:07am On Oct 06, 2020
Gibberish!
Re: Oyedepo: If Invited To Become Nigeria’s President, I Will Consider It A Demotion by 99thEnemy(m): 12:17am On Oct 06, 2020
Kobojunkie:
Who made him a shepherd? undecided

Jesus Christ never made his followers, who were themselves sheep, shepherds over his sheep. Jesus Christ was clear when He said that He alone is the shepherd over His own sheep. He alone is the one to Teach/instruct/Help/Guide/Counsel etc. His shepherd. He made this clear in His commandments, warning His followers never to install themselves over His sheep. undecided undecided
How can a sheep be expected to shepherd another sheep? Don't you all listen to what Jesus Christ said at all? undecided undecided undecided

Oyedepo the sheepish sheep with self ordained authority to gather other sheep grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Oyedepo: If Invited To Become Nigeria’s President, I Will Consider It A Demotion by globalresource: 12:18am On Oct 06, 2020
Luftwaffe:
Before CAMA 2020, Adeboye & Oyedepo were silent on government matters. Now, they care about the country. grin

Oyedepo has never been silent.
Re: Oyedepo: If Invited To Become Nigeria’s President, I Will Consider It A Demotion by 2016v2017: 12:41am On Oct 06, 2020
Adrian9:
True! Its better to be a Shepherd than to be a zookeeper!
Re: Oyedepo: If Invited To Become Nigeria’s President, I Will Consider It A Demotion by 2016v2017: 12:43am On Oct 06, 2020
Kobojunkie:

Jesus Christ never made his followers, who were themselves sheep, shepherds over his sheep. Jesus Christ was clear when He said that He alone is the shepherd over His own sheep. He alone is the one to Teach/instruct/Help/Guide/Counsel etc. His shepherd. He made this clear in His commandments, warning His followers never to install themselves over His sheep. undecided undecided
How can a sheep be expected to shepherd another sheep? Don't you all listen to what Jesus Christ said at all? undecided undecided undecided
Why did Jesus Christ asked Peter to Feed His Sheep?
Re: Oyedepo: If Invited To Become Nigeria’s President, I Will Consider It A Demotion by pacespot(m): 1:43am On Oct 06, 2020
I won't be surprised to hear that this guy is nurturing the ambition to become president tomorrow.
Re: Oyedepo: If Invited To Become Nigeria’s President, I Will Consider It A Demotion by ruffDiamond: 2:51am On Oct 06, 2020
living in sheepie Paradise, what do you expect?only in this useless CUNTrey filled to the brim with equally senseless people men such as this con artist can thrive, in saner climes, no one take him serious, I repeat no one
Re: Oyedepo: If Invited To Become Nigeria’s President, I Will Consider It A Demotion by Kobojunkiee: 3:01am On Oct 06, 2020
miketayo:
John 21:16 Jesus asked simon peter tend my sheep
Always read your Bible
What does posting a verse about Jesus telling Peter to tend His sheep do to what was explained in the comment your responded to?

You lot need to take time to make certain you comprehend what is written before you post your rebuttal!

1 Like

Re: Oyedepo: If Invited To Become Nigeria’s President, I Will Consider It A Demotion by Kobojunkiee: 3:16am On Oct 06, 2020
engrchykae:
so sheep feeds sheep?
Do you know why we are called Sheep by Jesus Christ, and not donkeys or dogs, or even goats?
Sheep is a meek animal. They are usually very quiet and gentle, holding themselves aloof from the world. In a herd, all the sheep tend to listen to their leaders and show esteem to them. Because of their obedient character, sheep are among the most popular animals beloved by mankind...

To answer your question, yes, sheep do in fact feed their young for a very short period of time, after which the lambs go on to, in about 4 months to feed with the herd.

Jesus Christ gave the same command that He did to Peter, to every one of His followers who wishes to enter into the Kingdom of Heaven. If you have ever opened your Bible to read the book of Matthew, you would have no problem with the meaning here. Everyone of Jesus Christ's flock is expected to feed His sheep(Give them food when they are hungry, Give them something to drink when they are thirsty), and take care of His sheep( Cloth them when they are naked, Home them when they are homeless, Care for them when they are sick, and visit them when they are in prison).

Note that the Sheep belong to Him even when you feed and care for them... at no point in the command does Jesus Christ assign the overseeing of His sheep to Peter or to anyone else in His flock.

1 Like

Re: Oyedepo: If Invited To Become Nigeria’s President, I Will Consider It A Demotion by Kobojunkiee: 4:13am On Oct 06, 2020
Jeromejnr:
So no one should call their earthly fathers, "Father" again na. Call them "the man who born me".
Read the scriptures in context. Verse 12 will give you the point He is passing across.
Read scripture in context?
grin cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy grin
That is the context presented there in the passage I posted. If you do not understand what Jesus Christ meant when He said to call no man father, ask. I am almost certain you are in fact guilty of disobeying Jesus Christ in this one since He refers to people who call other men in their faith "father". undecided

1 Like

Re: Oyedepo: If Invited To Become Nigeria’s President, I Will Consider It A Demotion by ehinmowo: 4:23am On Oct 06, 2020
Kobojunkie:

Pga STFU and face ur own life. He is not the cause of your frustration.
Re: Oyedepo: If Invited To Become Nigeria’s President, I Will Consider It A Demotion by nairanaira12: 4:47am On Oct 06, 2020
Kobojunkie:

Stay there and be talking as if you have dented brain. Didn't the same Jesus Christ tell Peter to "feed my sheep"? Who else feeds the sheep if not the shepherd?

You people will just wake up from the wrong side of your bed and begin turn the Bible upside down.
Re: Oyedepo: If Invited To Become Nigeria’s President, I Will Consider It A Demotion by Breadnote: 4:56am On Oct 06, 2020
gud talk
Re: Oyedepo: If Invited To Become Nigeria’s President, I Will Consider It A Demotion by blasted12: 5:18am On Oct 06, 2020
Arrogant prick. I'm sure he considers himself greater than Jesus Christ. I pity all those who follow him
Re: Oyedepo: If Invited To Become Nigeria’s President, I Will Consider It A Demotion by miketayo(m): 6:32am On Oct 06, 2020
Kobojunkiee:
What does posting a verse about Jesus telling Peter to tend His sheep do to what was explained in the comment your responded to?

You lot need to take time to make certain you comprehend what is written before you post your rebuttal!

You are clearly the one that fail to comprehend. You said Jesus said this and that, but where is it in the bible. Jesus commandments is about love not sheep or shepard.
The apostles were sheeps then later became shepards
Re: Oyedepo: If Invited To Become Nigeria’s President, I Will Consider It A Demotion by Nitah1: 6:34am On Oct 06, 2020
Afamed:
Noise marker and hypocrite. Not when you openly campaigned for one presidential candidate. Not when you have been serially defeated at the polling unit close to your church.

Gullible followers can continue to lick your shoe.
Man of god my ass
Fish head! that is the picture where he led a conciliation meeting to settle dispute between Atiku and obj.
Re: Oyedepo: If Invited To Become Nigeria’s President, I Will Consider It A Demotion by Nitah1: 6:36am On Oct 06, 2020
blasted12:
Arrogant prick. I'm sure he considers himself greater than Jesus Christ. I pity all those who follow him
And i pity your life cos where you are presently you are been fed with baby milk.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Catholic Bishop And His Muslim Mother In Sierra Leone (Photo) / The Amount A Ghanaian Church And Pastor Charges For Miracles (Photos) / Nigerian Pastor Bar Robbers, Prostitutes, Kidnappers From Giving Offerings,tithe

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.