Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,274 members, 7,807,925 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 10:55 PM

Man Utd Sign Full-back Alex Telles - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Man Utd Sign Full-back Alex Telles (837 Views)

Super Eagles And Super Falcons Players Back Alex Iwobi After He Was Cyberbullied / Man Utd Announce €17m Alex Telles Signing On Four-year Deal. / Man Utd Sign Van De Beek From Ajax On A 5-Year Deal (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Man Utd Sign Full-back Alex Telles by folarr(m): 6:22pm On Oct 05, 2020

Manchester United have signed Brazil left-back Alex Telles on a four-year deal from Porto, with the option of a further year.

The 27-year-old, who has one cap for his country, moves to Old Trafford for a fee of 15m euros (£13.6m) plus 2m euros (£1.8m) in add-ons.

Telles scored 26 goals and made more than 50 assists for Porto after joining them from Galatasaray in 2016.

He said joining United, a club with "prestige", was a "huge honour".

"You have to work hard to get to this moment in your career and now I am coming to this club, I can promise that I will give everything in my heart to be a success here," he added.

"I won many trophies at FC Porto and I want to continue that at United. The manager has a clear plan and direction for this team and I can't wait to pull on the famous shirt."

United manager Ole Gunnar Solskjaer said: "First and foremost I welcome Alex to United. He is a player we have been tracking for some time and his performances over the past few years are exactly what we are looking for.

"He is a fighter and a winner and will add real determination and competition to the squad. Alex has the qualities, both as a player and as a person, that we want here at Manchester United."

Source:
https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/54425891

Re: Man Utd Sign Full-back Alex Telles by folarr(m): 6:22pm On Oct 05, 2020
Lalasticlala
Re: Man Utd Sign Full-back Alex Telles by evanstinobbc: 6:27pm On Oct 05, 2020
Welcome to the theatre of dreams, we hope he perfomes, because i dont know what shaw is playing for us, he is not our problem though, las las e go dey ok
Re: Man Utd Sign Full-back Alex Telles by chiiraq802(m): 6:27pm On Oct 05, 2020
folarr:
Lalasticlala
Why you dey disturb Lalasticlala
Man united na snake name grin
Re: Man Utd Sign Full-back Alex Telles by Nobody: 6:27pm On Oct 05, 2020
United coming late to the party... Edwood is just behaving like one Godfather in Edo State, he needs to be impeached or humbled like Barça's president.

Welcome Telles, I really admire your style of play.
Re: Man Utd Sign Full-back Alex Telles by davidchuks500(m): 6:38pm On Oct 05, 2020
Welcome bro smiley to Man United the "HOME OF DREAMS"
Re: Man Utd Sign Full-back Alex Telles by davidchuks500(m): 6:40pm On Oct 05, 2020
OK
Re: Man Utd Sign Full-back Alex Telles by davidchuks500(m): 6:44pm On Oct 05, 2020
WELCOME
Re: Man Utd Sign Full-back Alex Telles by FahBuLous: 6:45pm On Oct 05, 2020
is he a number 5? 3? 2? 6? is he a left or right footed player?
Re: Man Utd Sign Full-back Alex Telles by davidchuks500(m): 6:53pm On Oct 05, 2020
FahBuLous:
is he a number 5? 3? 2? 6? is he a left or right footed player?
I don't know his number but he is a LEFT BACK
Re: Man Utd Sign Full-back Alex Telles by olisaEze(m): 6:58pm On Oct 05, 2020
Finally, a buy! It took packing 1-6 for Ed Woodward to realize that McGuire is not a defender we can rely on for the rest of the season. Appoint a Sporting Director already!
Re: Man Utd Sign Full-back Alex Telles by folarr(m): 7:05pm On Oct 05, 2020
olisaEze:
Finally, a buy! It took packing 1-6 for Ed Woodward to realize that McGuire is not a defender we can rely on for the rest of the season. Appoint a Sporting Director already!
Ed IS our acting sporting director
Re: Man Utd Sign Full-back Alex Telles by tunjilee003: 7:14pm On Oct 05, 2020
Welcome

1 Like

Re: Man Utd Sign Full-back Alex Telles by Bluezy13(m): 7:39pm On Oct 05, 2020
Man utd never disappoints in eleventh hour signing
Re: Man Utd Sign Full-back Alex Telles by ifytrik(m): 7:48pm On Oct 05, 2020
This slowpok keeps signing the wrong players and strenghtning the wrong positions, the positions that needs strenghtning in man united squade are 5, 6, 7 and 9, yet this useless man after buying dony van de beek another un-neccesary sighning, he goes ahead to buy a left back to come and join van de beek on the bench, the erlier man united get rid of that confused albino called ole gunner solksjear the better for them.
Re: Man Utd Sign Full-back Alex Telles by FahBuLous: 10:33pm On Oct 05, 2020
davidchuks500:

I don't know his number but he is a LEFT BACK
Shaw is in trouble
Re: Man Utd Sign Full-back Alex Telles by olisaEze(m): 12:00pm On Oct 06, 2020
folarr:

Ed IS our acting sporting director

Manchester Utd have never had anyone in that role before, but we’ve seen the advantages since Man City appointed one. And I think we need to consider Rio Ferdinand as an adequate fit for the role. Man Utd has been operating poorly in the transfer market because Woodward is relatively inexperienced.
Re: Man Utd Sign Full-back Alex Telles by davidchuks500(m): 6:14am On Oct 07, 2020
FahBuLous:
Shaw is in trouble
How?
Re: Man Utd Sign Full-back Alex Telles by FahBuLous: 8:44am On Oct 07, 2020
davidchuks500:
How?
Shaw is nt in form and telles plays left back..
Re: Man Utd Sign Full-back Alex Telles by AustineJohn908(m): 9:46am On Oct 07, 2020
ifytrik:
This slowpok keeps signing the wrong players and strenghtning the wrong positions, the positions that needs strenghtning in man united squade are 5, 6, 7 and 9, yet this useless man after buying dony van de beek another un-neccesary sighning, he goes ahead to buy a left back to come and join van de beek on the bench, the erlier man united get rid of that confused albino called ole gunner solksjear the better for them.
Bros we need a left back.abeg. we can't keep depending on that Injury prone Shaw....See e don dey fat tomuch self..
Do you know 3 of Spurs 6 goals came from his wing?
Re: Man Utd Sign Full-back Alex Telles by AustineJohn908(m): 9:46am On Oct 07, 2020
ifytrik:
Bros we need a left back.abeg. we can't keep depending on that Injury prone Shaw....See e don dey fat tomuch self..
Do you know 3 of Spurs 6 goals came from his wing?
He can't even give a good crossing to save his life...
Re: Man Utd Sign Full-back Alex Telles by davidchuks500(m): 5:15pm On Oct 07, 2020
FahBuLous:
Shaw is nt in form and telles plays left back..
Haaa!!!

(1) (Reply)

Former Super Eagles Player, Mikel Obi To Open Football Academy In Jos (photos) / Breaking! No Extra Time In Copa America During Knockout Stages / Rollover To Millions

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.