Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,260 members, 7,807,896 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 10:05 PM

Nigeria In 2065 - Pics - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria In 2065 - Pics (10473 Views)

Not Even America Can Defeat Nigeria In A War Now..... / Atiku is best candidate to defeat buhari- : Atiku Nigeria In Actualisation 2019 / Obasanjo Finally Reveals Who He Will Support To Lead Nigeria In 2019 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria In 2065 - Pics by Rossinky: 3:23am On Oct 06, 2020
BruncleZuma:

https://www.pwc.com/gx/en/growth-markets-centre/assets/pdf/powering-nigeria-future.pdf

Let's restart this conversation after you've gone through the document in that link.

I've gone through it, and it is a broadly optimistic outline of Nigeria's future, and the role improved power generation will play in it. None of this is new to the Nigerian authorities. There is noticeably improving power supply generally, and one only sees that accelerating in future, given all the attention being paid to the sector. I mean, we're not gonna be power deficient forever...! Nothing in life is ever forever.
Re: Nigeria In 2065 - Pics by Nobody: 3:25am On Oct 06, 2020
Rossinky:

I've gone through it, and it is a broadly optimistic outline of Nigeria's future, and the role improved power generation has in it. None of this is new to the Nigerian authorities. There is noticeably improving power supply generally, and one only sees that accelerating in future.

Did we read the same report?Rather pessimistic outlook.
Re: Nigeria In 2065 - Pics by Rossinky: 3:26am On Oct 06, 2020
RuudVanNisteroy:

Did we read the same report?Rather pessimistic outlook.

There was absolutely nothing pessimistic about that report.
Re: Nigeria In 2065 - Pics by BruncleZuma: 3:27am On Oct 06, 2020
Rossinky:

I've gone through it, and it is a broadly optimistic outline of Nigeria's future, and the role improved power generation will play in it. None of this is new to the Nigerian authorities. There is noticeably improving power supply generally, and one only sees that accelerating in future, given all the attention being paid to the sector. I mean, we're not gonna be power deficient forever...! Nothing is life is ever forever.

One without the others would doom us to failure: you can't have a bright future with a selfish and corrupt elite class.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria In 2065 - Pics by Nobody: 3:30am On Oct 06, 2020
BruncleZuma:

One without the others would doom us to failure: you can't have a bright future with a selfish and corrupt elite class.

100...if we had a leader like Paul Kagame,Hage Geingob and Mokgweetsi Masisi then maybe that vision Rossinky has will be possible. They have transformed Rwanda,Namibia and Botswana respectively and reduced corruption to a bare minimum in their countries.

One of the model city he used for Ado-Ekiti was actually the Kigali the capital of Rwanda.
Re: Nigeria In 2065 - Pics by BruncleZuma: 3:33am On Oct 06, 2020
RuudVanNisteroy:

100...if we had a leader like Paul Kagame,Hage Geingob and Mokgweetsi Masisi then maybe that vision Rossinky has will be possible. They have transformed Rwanda,Nambia and Botswana respectively and reduced corruption to a bare minimum in their countries.

That is sadly our Achilles heel; poor and chronically inept leadership.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria In 2065 - Pics by Rossinky: 3:38am On Oct 06, 2020
BruncleZuma:

Dude, spare us this Utopian nonsense.

Nations thrive even with corruption.

Do you know that the most corrupt and selfish elite class on earth today, is the US elite class?

If I tell you the level of inequality in the USA, you will run.

They are so corrupt that they've written mass transfers of wealth into the nation's statutes.

In their last 'recession' induced by their banks, TRILLIONS OF DOLLARS in ''bailout'' money - ie taxpayers's money - was paid directly to those banks which caused the recession in the first place.

Legalised looting.

And then when you go behind to check the ownership of the banks, virtually ALL the US politicians either have shares in them, or have sat on their boards, or will sit in future, as 'reward' for their 'support' etc etc.

The two main political parties accept huge donations from these banking interests, ensuring they keep the gravy train rolling.

Meanwhile there are millions of homeless people in America. Millions of poor people who struggle to feed. Thousands of poor schools, and rising child poverty rates.

So, despite corruption, nations can thrive.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria In 2065 - Pics by Nobody: 3:42am On Oct 06, 2020
BruncleZuma:

That is sadly our Achilles heel; poor and chronically inept leadership.

Namibia President has a PHD from University of Leeds, Botswana President has a Masters from Florida State University, while Paul Kagame is not as educated as both leaders he recognizes the importance of education like the two other leaders and Rwanda dedicates 22.1% to education in it's annual budget.

Nigeria has never valued education. Education is underfunded and all the universities in the country look like poultry farms.

Re: Nigeria In 2065 - Pics by Rossinky: 3:45am On Oct 06, 2020
RuudVanNisteroy:

..and all the universities in the country look like poultry farms.

Stop lying.

Nigerian universities are among the BEST in Africa according to the Number 1 authority in world university rankings.

None from Botswana or Namibia make the list, despite their presidents attending Oxford and Harvard:

https://www.timeshighereducation.com/student/best-universities/best-universities-africa
Re: Nigeria In 2065 - Pics by Nobody: 3:46am On Oct 06, 2020
Rossinky:

Stop lying.

Show me the faculties and male and female hostels of the federal universities across the country.
Re: Nigeria In 2065 - Pics by Rossinky: 3:50am On Oct 06, 2020
RuudVanNisteroy:

Show me the faculties and male and female hostels of the federal universities across the country.

Why just 'federal universities'?

Are the other universities not Nigerian if they are not ''federal''?

You people and your government dependency syndrome.

Men thinking like babies.
Re: Nigeria In 2065 - Pics by Nobody: 3:52am On Oct 06, 2020
Rossinky:

Why just 'federal universities'?

Are the other universities not Nigerian if they are not ''federal''?

You people and your government dependency syndrome.

Men thinking like babies.

Show me one federal university that does not look like a poultry farm and can rival the public universities in Ghana,Botswana,Rwanda or Namibia.
Re: Nigeria In 2065 - Pics by Rossinky: 3:53am On Oct 06, 2020
RuudVanNisteroy:

Show me one federal university that does not look like a poultry farm and can rival the public universities in Ghana,Botswana,Rwanda or Namibia.

No. Answer the question. WHY do you focus ONLY on 'federal universities'?

Are the other universities not NIGERIAN universities?
Re: Nigeria In 2065 - Pics by Nobody: 3:55am On Oct 06, 2020
Rossinky:

No. Answer the question. WHY do you focus ONLY on 'federal universities'?

Majority of Nigerian students are in public universities because only the rich can afford private universities that charge tuition and accomodation in the millions annually.

It is the products of the federal universities that will build that vision you have in 2065.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria In 2065 - Pics by Gerrard59(m): 3:55am On Oct 06, 2020
Rossinky:

Nigeria is diversifying rapidly away from oil. Oil and gas only accounts for 10% of our GDP.

Take a cue from INNOSON. From spare parts dealer to owner of the world's largest black owned vehicle manufacturing company.

If every Nigerian thought like him - positive, bold, and innovative - Nigeria could be a Japan in 10 years time.

With YOUR mindset, we'll go the opposite way.

You should be specific with the bold. Oil has always accounted for less than 15% of the nation's GDP as far as I know. However, the percentage of foreign earnings generated from oil remains high (>70%). Now, same oil has seen its prices dwindled but population growth keeps rising.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria In 2065 - Pics by Rossinky: 3:58am On Oct 06, 2020
RuudVanNisteroy:

Majority of Nigerian students are in public universities because only the rich can afford private universities that charge tuition and accomodation in the millions annually.

It is the products of the federal universities that will build that vision you have in 2065.

Absolute garbage. You don't discriminate against Nigerians on the basis of their assumed possessions or wealth.

A Nigerian attending a prIvate university has every right to be counted, just as a Nigerian attending a public university.

And a public university is not necessarily a federal university, so why your focus on federal unis?
Re: Nigeria In 2065 - Pics by joyandfaith: 4:01am On Oct 06, 2020
Rossinky:

It's not a dream. It's a projection.
I was expecting to see slums and overcrowded and disorganised cities. I am disappointed
Re: Nigeria In 2065 - Pics by Nobody: 4:05am On Oct 06, 2020
Rossinky:

Absolute garbage. You don't discriminate against Nigerians on the basis of their assumed possessions or wealth.

A Nigerian attending a prIvate university has every right to be counted, just as a Nigerian attending a public university.

And a public university is not necessarily a federal university, so why your focus on federal unis?

Bill Gates warned our fantastically corrupt leaders that Nigeria's development lies in investing in education and it's youth population. And that is why your vision will remain a pipe dream.

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/more-news/275650-private-universities-account-for-less-than-6-of-nigerian-students-population-nuc.html

1 Like

Re: Nigeria In 2065 - Pics by Rossinky: 4:10am On Oct 06, 2020
RuudVanNisteroy:

Bill Gates warned our fantastically corrupt leaders that Nigeria's development lies in investing in education and it's youth population. And that is why your vision will remain a pipe dream.

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/more-news/275650-private-universities-account-for-less-than-6-of-nigerian-students-population-nuc.html

Show Bill Gates the Times World University Rankings, which show that Nigeria has the best universities in Africa after South Africa and Egypt.

https://www.timeshighereducation.com/student/best-universities/best-universities-africa

It's a fair bet the software developer-turned poke noser into everyone's business has never set eyes on those rankings.
Re: Nigeria In 2065 - Pics by Nobody: 4:14am On Oct 06, 2020
Rossinky:

Show Bill Gates the Times World University Rankings, which show that Nigeria has the best universities in Africa after South Africa and Egypt.

It's a fair bet the software developer - turned poke noser into everyone's business has never set eyes on those rankings.

Bill Gates saw the infrastructure in the federal universities that was embezzled by the fantastically corrupt leaders who ran down the country to a failed state.

This is where the leaders you expect to build these cities reside during the years they spend obtaining their various degrees necessary to achieve your pipe dream.

Re: Nigeria In 2065 - Pics by Openbusiness: 4:23am On Oct 06, 2020
Mtchwwwwwww
Re: Nigeria In 2065 - Pics by tiger28: 4:28am On Oct 06, 2020
Looks exciting BUT remember that MANY Countries are ALREADY there NOW so I guess by 2065, their cars will be flying and won't be touching the ground by then , .....in short, they will be miles ahead if we have to WAIT till 2065 for us to see this images.
Re: Nigeria In 2065 - Pics by Nobody: 4:29am On Oct 06, 2020
tiger28:
Looks exciting BUT remember that MANY Countries are ALREADY there NOW so I guess by 2065, their cars will be flying and won't be touching the ground by then , .....in short, they will be miles ahead if we have to WAIT till 2065 for us to see this images.

It is not possible unless Nigerian listens to Bill Gates and budgets a significant percentage to education and technology annually.

Re: Nigeria In 2065 - Pics by Rossinky: 4:36am On Oct 06, 2020
RuudVanNisteroy:

Bill Gates saw the infrastructure in the federal universities that was embezzled by the fantastically corrupt leaders who ran down the country to a failed state.

This is where the leaders you expect to build these cities reside during the years they spend obtaining their various degrees necessary to achieve your pipe dream.

You mean here?

Uniport Swimming Pool

University of Calabar

www.nairaland.com/attachments/11629122_original__jpeg520c276bd5f05f2c8690c2a6432276f4

Re: Nigeria In 2065 - Pics by Rossinky: 4:37am On Oct 06, 2020
Re: Nigeria In 2065 - Pics by BruncleZuma: 4:38am On Oct 06, 2020
RuudVanNisteroy:

Namibia President has a PHD from University of Leeds, Botswana President has a Masters from Florida State University, while Paul Kagame is not as educated as both leaders he recognizes the importance of education like the two other leaders and Rwanda dedicates 22.1% to education in it's annual budget.

Nigeria has never valued education. Education is underfunded and all the universities in the country look like poultry farms.

It is a shame, that we are not learning from those who have gotten it right.
Re: Nigeria In 2065 - Pics by Rossinky: 4:41am On Oct 06, 2020
Re: Nigeria In 2065 - Pics by Nobody: 4:47am On Oct 06, 2020
Rossinky:
University of Lagos

University of Ibadan

Show us the inside of each facility and the inside of the hostels. Who are you trying to deceive.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria In 2065 - Pics by Rossinky: 4:50am On Oct 06, 2020
Re: Nigeria In 2065 - Pics by Rossinky: 4:53am On Oct 06, 2020
RuudVanNisteroy:

Show us the inside of each facility and the inside of the hostels. Who are you trying to deceive.

Yawwwnnnnn....bad belle go kill you. I know it's paining you to see all these pictures. If outside looks great, chances are inside looks good too, as any Nigerian student can attest.
Re: Nigeria In 2065 - Pics by Nobody: 4:55am On Oct 06, 2020
Rossinky:

Yawwwnnnnn....bad belle go kill you. I know it's paining you to see all these pictures. If outside looks great, chances are inside looks good too, as any Nigerian student can attest.
You obviously don't live in Nigeria.I laughed when you posted University of Ibadan. I will take you on a tour and you will see the decay and the effects of fantastical corruption on the premier university that used to be one of the best in the 70's.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria In 2065 - Pics by Rossinky: 5:01am On Oct 06, 2020

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Femi Fani-Kayode: I Pity Those That Said I Was Arrested By EFCC / Another Battalions Of Nigerian Soldiers Touch Down Lagos Today - Photos / Anambra: Proper Infrastructure Not Luxury, Our People Deserve It - Azuka Okwuosa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.