Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,408 members, 7,808,451 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:08 PM

October 12 Resumption: We Can’t Work On Empty Stomach, Strike Indefinite – ASUU - Education (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / October 12 Resumption: We Can’t Work On Empty Stomach, Strike Indefinite – ASUU (35990 Views)

UNILAG On Chidinma Ojukwu: Why We Can’t Take Action Yet On Our Student / The Ongoing Indefinite ASUU Strike May Not End This Year / FG Approves Reopening Of Universities, Polytechnics, Unity Schools On October 12 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: October 12 Resumption: We Can’t Work On Empty Stomach, Strike Indefinite – ASUU by Samcent: 9:31am On Oct 06, 2020
shadeyinka:

No it's not true.
But ASSU had not been paying for the National Housing Fund
Okay.

1 Like

Re: October 12 Resumption: We Can’t Work On Empty Stomach, Strike Indefinite – ASUU by rezy15(m): 9:36am On Oct 06, 2020
shadeyinka:

This is the truth if you care to know. I went out of my way to download the official ASUU salary scale for you NL will not allow me to attach a PDF.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://nairametrics.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/04/CONUAS-II_2009.pdf&ved=2ahUKEwiltKHsw5_sAhWRFxQKHT-WAC4QFjAAegQIAhAB&usg=AOvVaw2gUuy0onFKbuBf_weFZhmv

You probably didn't know what your parent earn

Leave the entitled prick. I started as a GA on step 3. My take home was 99k with change. As assistant lecturer i took 104k which peaked at 117k. As L2 i peaked at step 6 with 135k. As L1 i peaked at 179k. I was promoted to SL since 2019. My colleagues that joined ippis receive 230k at step 1. His fathers salary as of 20yrs is irrelevant. This new scale was implemented un 2009. If your looking to build a house and travel the world on lecturer salary your out of luck. Even the earned allowance payments that will help you repaint ur house or buy a tokunbo car is spaced yrs apart with inflation violating the value. Lecturers are not perfect. I was a student once too. But if its on the strike, govt hv been 100% insincere. If students demanded better service delivery and stood up for themselves, half the causes of strikes wont even make the list of ASSU demands

7 Likes

Re: October 12 Resumption: We Can’t Work On Empty Stomach, Strike Indefinite – ASUU by zinodizt: 9:36am On Oct 06, 2020
Why can’t FG find a way to integrate IPPIS in a way that will suit the university system..... or look for a better way to pay lecturers since IPPIS doesn’t seem to work for them

2 Likes

Re: October 12 Resumption: We Can’t Work On Empty Stomach, Strike Indefinite – ASUU by otokx(m): 9:37am On Oct 06, 2020
Samcent:
If I get the conversations here correctly, before IPPIS lecturers have not been paying tax to the government. Is this true?

University staff as a whole were not paying tax as prescribed by law.
Re: October 12 Resumption: We Can’t Work On Empty Stomach, Strike Indefinite – ASUU by Monjerk: 9:37am On Oct 06, 2020
sinkhole:
Haba, 30% deduction too much nau angry

This is why I usually feel the tax is too much.

On a second thought, I believe that might be close to the standard, but other companies find away to help their staff reduce taxes by knowing how they structure the salary breakdown, but my company is ready to even take from you to give government, which is why.

I don’t blame them, na fear of government dey do them.
Re: October 12 Resumption: We Can’t Work On Empty Stomach, Strike Indefinite – ASUU by rezy15(m): 9:39am On Oct 06, 2020
otokx:

University staff as a whole were not paying tax as prescribed by law.
You want my payslip to prove we pay tax? If the money isnt retired by the school mgnt that is their problem with the bursar

1 Like

Re: October 12 Resumption: We Can’t Work On Empty Stomach, Strike Indefinite – ASUU by otokx(m): 9:40am On Oct 06, 2020
zinodizt:
Why can’t FG find a way to integrate IPPIS in a way that will suit the university system..... or look for a better way to pay lecturers since IPPIS doesn’t seem to work for them

Government is saying they will pay approved and documented allowances, all other extras should be borne by money from IGR; sabbatical, adjunct should be from IGR to avoid double payment in the system.

1 Like

Re: October 12 Resumption: We Can’t Work On Empty Stomach, Strike Indefinite – ASUU by shadeyinka(m): 9:40am On Oct 06, 2020
rezy15:

Leave the entitled prick. I started as a GA on step 3. My take home was 99k with change. As assistant lecturer i took 104k which peaked at 117k. As L2 i peaked at step 6 with 135k. As L1 i peaked at 179k. I was promoted to SL since 2019. My colleagues that joined ippis receive 230k at step 1. His fathers salary as of 20yrs is irrelevant. This new scale was implemented un 2009. If your looking to build a house and travel the world on lecturer salary your out of luck. Even the earned allowance payments that will help you repaint ur house or buy a tokunbo car is spaced yrs apart with inflation violating the value. Lecturers are not perfect. I was a student once too. But if its on the strike, govt hv been 100% insincere. If students demanded better service delivery and stood up for themselves, half the causes of strikes wont even make the list of ASSU demands
Perfectly correct.
One's ignorance is usually betrayed in much noise making. I support ASUU 100% of the way until the FG learns the art of long term Purpose and Negotiation.

3 Likes

Re: October 12 Resumption: We Can’t Work On Empty Stomach, Strike Indefinite – ASUU by otokx(m): 9:41am On Oct 06, 2020
rezy15:

You want my payslip to prove we pay tax? If the money isnt retired by the school mgnt that is their problem with the bursar

I can also show you my payslip before and after IPPIS. Before IPPIS we were paying tax at a rate not prescribed by the current tax laws.

1 Like

Re: October 12 Resumption: We Can’t Work On Empty Stomach, Strike Indefinite – ASUU by Felibaby(f): 9:41am On Oct 06, 2020
Xixtie:

Another baby adult having issues with comprehension or perhaps parental issues.
There is nothing political in my post, stop being sentimental.
Whatever trashy point you are trying to make still very much alligns with mine, those your politicians are heavily paid, senior staff in Nigeria are heavily paid. Professors are well paid.
Whatever they claim they are fighting for isn't for the betterment of the students nor the junior staff but for the enrichment of their own pockets.
Who should complain then? The junior staff and not the animals with an already over bloated pay.
Now get out of my mention.

You are the one speaking out of ignorance. You keep mentioning senior staffs and professors are heavily paid. A professor with a gross salary of 510k and take home of 395k is well paid? Something must be wrong with you if that is heavily paid. Do you how many years you have to be in the system to even become a professor and earn that amount? I guess not. Now get out of my mention.

3 Likes

Re: October 12 Resumption: We Can’t Work On Empty Stomach, Strike Indefinite – ASUU by Kaycee3910: 9:45am On Oct 06, 2020
Chief! Many things are wrong with ippis, my mom a is members of the joint union of University technologist. But since she enroll into this ippis last year, har salary has not been encouraging, they now divide her salary everytime, if they complain federal government will say later they will amend it. My brother I believe in ASUU very well with this. They should fight for this. THIS COUNTRY NA SCAM.

2 Likes

Re: October 12 Resumption: We Can’t Work On Empty Stomach, Strike Indefinite – ASUU by Xixtie(f): 9:46am On Oct 06, 2020
Felibaby:

You are the one speaking out of ignorance. You keep mentioning senior staffs and professors are heavily paid. A professor with a gross salary of 510k and take home of 395k is well paid? Something must be wrong with you if that is heavily paid. Do you how many years you have to be in the system to even become a professor and earn that amount? I guess not. Now get out of my mention.
You can't even write simple and correct sentences in English, this shows you probably sell fairly used Bras at balogun market.
My Dad is a professor and I know more than you ignorant kiddos.
Now swerve to oblivion, social media senior staff.
Re: October 12 Resumption: We Can’t Work On Empty Stomach, Strike Indefinite – ASUU by otokx(m): 9:47am On Oct 06, 2020
Kaycee3910:
Chief! Many things are wrong with ippis, my mom a is members of the joint union of University technologist. But since she enroll into this ippis last year, har salary has not been encouraging, they now divide her salary everytime, if they complain federal government will say later they will amend it. My brother I believe in ASUU very well with this. They should fight for this. THIS COUNTRY NA SCAM.

Its the same thing, some allowances your mom used to get, FG is saying is not documented and that the various university mgt should pay it. Alternatively the NAAT being their union should provide evidence that the allowance is gazetted and documented then government will pay. Also some deductions like tax, pension and NHF were not calculated and deducted according to law and so now its done the income will be seen to have reduced.

1 Like

Re: October 12 Resumption: We Can’t Work On Empty Stomach, Strike Indefinite – ASUU by timstone(m): 9:48am On Oct 06, 2020
Reeoman:
somethng i stil dont understand, what wrong with ippis?
They Claim It Nt Transparent And Yet They Wont Gve A Good Reason Why.. I Guess All Dey Want Is For ASUU To Control D Salaries Of Lecurers, They Just Want To Collect Money From Fg Nd Spend Like They Wish To

The problem with IPPIS, allowance have not been given to staff
Example,since the inception of IPPIS technologist have not been paid their hazard allowance,IPPIS purposely cut off all allowances, the minimum wage not reflecting.
Re: October 12 Resumption: We Can’t Work On Empty Stomach, Strike Indefinite – ASUU by Monjerk: 9:49am On Oct 06, 2020
Felibaby:

Please take it easy with him. Many always think those lecturers are well paid, if not some egunje money from students. That is what most of them are enjoying.

2 Likes

Re: October 12 Resumption: We Can’t Work On Empty Stomach, Strike Indefinite – ASUU by otokx(m): 9:50am On Oct 06, 2020
timstone:

The problem with IPPIS, allowance have not been given to staff
Example,since the inception of IPPIS technologist have not been paid their hazard allowance,IPPIS purposely cut off all allowances, the minimum wage not reflecting.

not purposely cut off, they only say its not official, minimum wage effected but arrears yet to be paid.
Re: October 12 Resumption: We Can’t Work On Empty Stomach, Strike Indefinite – ASUU by Felibaby(f): 9:51am On Oct 06, 2020
Xixtie:

My P man is a professor, he didn't even earn 600k in 2015 let alone currently nor that 500k meagre of a pay.
You hediots will just come online to embarrass yourselves by coming up with things you know shit about.
Stop airing hearsays, these people are deceiving you lots.
A known vertinary professor earns #1.4M, the same level with Sultan of Sokoto and most grade A kings in Nigeria. I bet you don't know those kings earn that much.
Now get out of my mentions and only say what you know.

You are a liar from the pit of hell. A professor earns 1.4m?
Nobody should listen to this hermaphrodite.
My father is a University professor and has been for years. His monthly gross is 510k!
Oniro osi.

7 Likes

Re: October 12 Resumption: We Can’t Work On Empty Stomach, Strike Indefinite – ASUU by rezy15(m): 9:52am On Oct 06, 2020
Xixtie:

You can't even write simple and correct sentences in English, this shows you probably sell fairly used Bras at balogun market.
Jeez are you going for his grammar? Amateur hour my pple. This is what i did in secondary school when I ran out of juice. Your professor of a father is a good man. Stop embarrassing him here. He sweated across several institutions to give your bratty ass an education. Stop falling his hand!

5 Likes

Re: October 12 Resumption: We Can’t Work On Empty Stomach, Strike Indefinite – ASUU by otokx(m): 9:52am On Oct 06, 2020
Some state universities pay more than federal universities.
Re: October 12 Resumption: We Can’t Work On Empty Stomach, Strike Indefinite – ASUU by weyreypey: 9:53am On Oct 06, 2020
Xixtie:

Did whatever unfounded and irrelevant contribution (you think) you have made stop my pay?
Work on your punctuation skills.
Mtcheeeew

1 Like

Re: October 12 Resumption: We Can’t Work On Empty Stomach, Strike Indefinite – ASUU by weyreypey: 9:54am On Oct 06, 2020
rezy15:

Jeez are you going for his grammar? Amateur hour my pple. This is what i did in secondary school when I ran out of juice. Your professor of a father is a good man. Stop embarrassing him here. He sweated across several institutions to give your bratty ass an education. Stop falling his hand!
Don't mind it.

2 Likes

Re: October 12 Resumption: We Can’t Work On Empty Stomach, Strike Indefinite – ASUU by rezy15(m): 9:57am On Oct 06, 2020
weyreypey:

Don't mind it.
Ouch

3 Likes

Re: October 12 Resumption: We Can’t Work On Empty Stomach, Strike Indefinite – ASUU by Felibaby(f): 9:59am On Oct 06, 2020
Xixtie:

I have your time this morning.
If you know me, i am sure you will put your mouth inside a septic tank for your first sentence, and the fact that you keep addressing everybody as kiddo shows clearly that you are a perpetual idiot and immature.
That said, your Dad cannot be a professor because a professor does not birth uncouth children who takes advantage of an anonymous forum to stifle peoples opinion and insult them.
I am waiting for you to come back with more insults. I will spend my WFH time today to deal with you.

5 Likes

Re: October 12 Resumption: We Can’t Work On Empty Stomach, Strike Indefinite – ASUU by timstone(m): 10:01am On Oct 06, 2020
Samcent:
If I get the conversations here correctly, before IPPIS lecturers have not been paying tax to the government. Is this true?

If they are not paying tax the bursar should beheld responsible
after all, how do Union and cooperative collect their dues is the function of the bursary department
Re: October 12 Resumption: We Can’t Work On Empty Stomach, Strike Indefinite – ASUU by Nobody: 10:02am On Oct 06, 2020
Felibaby:

If you know me, i am sure you will put your mouth inside a septic tank for your first sentence, and the fact that you keep addressing everybody as kiddo shows clearly that you are a perpetual idiot and immature.
That said, your Dad cannot be a professor because a professor does not birth uncouth children who takes advantage of an anonymous forum to stifle peoples opinion and insult them.
I am waiting for you to come back with more insults. I will spend my WFH time today to deal with you.

Xixtie:

Stop these stupid arguments and focus on the most pressing issue.
Students resumption.

2 Likes

Re: October 12 Resumption: We Can’t Work On Empty Stomach, Strike Indefinite – ASUU by Samcent: 10:02am On Oct 06, 2020
Hmmm..

This thread has been an eye opener for me.
Re: October 12 Resumption: We Can’t Work On Empty Stomach, Strike Indefinite – ASUU by Xixtie(f): 10:03am On Oct 06, 2020
Felibaby:

No way you can be parented by a Professor, kiddo.
The incomprehensible jargon you won't stop typing is enough reason, kiddo.
You all are anything on social media, when you are done living a lie, return to your dirt.
Re: October 12 Resumption: We Can’t Work On Empty Stomach, Strike Indefinite – ASUU by Xixtie(f): 10:05am On Oct 06, 2020
Durentt:

Stop these stupid arguments and focus on the most pressing issue.
Students resumption.
I have no business with your resumption.
Your headache is wholly yours and yours to bear.
Don't refer to someone old enough to be your mother like that again.
Re: October 12 Resumption: We Can’t Work On Empty Stomach, Strike Indefinite – ASUU by TheWalkingMind: 10:06am On Oct 06, 2020
saintade01:
Even when they were on strike, we kept paying them. We paid in March, April, May, June and July. They are now on the IPPIS because during the period of the lockdown, there was no other way to pay them. When they gave us their bank verification numbers, we migrated them to the IPPIS and we are now paying them on the IPPIS.”

Students shouting its government's fault, see your lecturers are still being paid for teaching you nothing.
You're fundamentally and irredeemably daft. Aren't politicians getting their salaries? You must be an innate idiot.
Re: October 12 Resumption: We Can’t Work On Empty Stomach, Strike Indefinite – ASUU by Niceman12(m): 10:06am On Oct 06, 2020
Kampack:
FG isn't ready to be sincere. Education isn't their priority yet.

There childrens are not studying in the country so it's the least of there problems.
Re: October 12 Resumption: We Can’t Work On Empty Stomach, Strike Indefinite – ASUU by Nobody: 10:07am On Oct 06, 2020
Xixtie:

I have no business with your resumption.
Your headache is wholly yours and yours to bear.
Don't refer to someone old enough to be your mother like that again.
deep down you are not okay. Believe me

3 Likes

Re: October 12 Resumption: We Can’t Work On Empty Stomach, Strike Indefinite – ASUU by Samfloxin(m): 10:07am On Oct 06, 2020
Xixtie:

You just typed trash, how about you tell us how much chief lecturers, associate proffesors and professors are paid to be taxed above 50k?
I pay a tax of #18,350 monthly and it is indirectly proportional to my monthly pay and there is no harm in it. Do you even know how much a professor earns? How on hell does their tax render the minimum wage useless? Those who could complain of unfavourable minimum wage are those at the base of the payroll not the senior staff and officials. You should not pay tax at all then.
I can even swear you are just a wannabe staff, you don't know how the system works.
Now get off my sight and make the right complaints.

Actually na fight.
Does it make sense at all to talk about how much you are taxed without opening up on how much you are paid?
The assistant lecturers, other junior staff and co are the ones being probably underpaid and whatever benefits come out of this nonsensical strike won't even get to them. And that one was foolishly writing about professors as if na small money them dey collect.
Sorry for your pain... I don't engage slowpokes

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Ahmad Idris Kareka Graduates With 1st Class From Shenyang University Technology / IPPIS: FG Paid Some Professors N8,000 As Monthly Salary – Abiodun Ogunyemi / Team UNIBEN Wins International Award For Vehicle Innovation.(photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.