Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,664 members, 7,801,919 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 05:53 AM

Pitbull Or Rottweiler: Which Is More Dangerous? - Pets (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / Pitbull Or Rottweiler: Which Is More Dangerous? (311699 Views)

Meet Rex. My Amazing Rottweiler / Pitbull Or Neapolitan Mastiff / Cross Breed Between German Shepherd And Rottweiler or Causacian (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pitbull Or Rottweiler: Which Is More Dangerous? by pitbulllvr: 2:30am On Jul 14, 2007
A PITBULL IS NOT FUCKING DANGEROUS. UNLESS YOU FUCKING MAKE IT!!!!!!!!!!!! JUST BECAUSE OF THE WAY THE DOG LOOKS. AND HAS MUSCLES ETC ETC AND CAN CAUSE DAMAGE WHEN HE BITES, DOESNT MEAN ITS DANGEROUS!!!

THANK YOU, I HATE WHEN PEOPLE ARE LIKE SCARED TO COME OVER BECAUSE OF THE FACT THAT MY DOG IS A PITT
ITS SO FUCKING STUPID
Re: Pitbull Or Rottweiler: Which Is More Dangerous? by mdjo(m): 4:42am On Jul 14, 2007
The fact is that both dogs are naturally fierce and stubborn dogs but the 'Pitt-bull' The mother of CRAZE. I have had a mad personal experience that i almost lost a vital body organ, but my Love them- they still are mans' best friend. I Will Get One Soon.
Re: Pitbull Or Rottweiler: Which Is More Dangerous? by Obirin0521: 4:48am On Aug 03, 2007
Bottom line: Each breed indeed has its dominant character;the Pit Bull Terrier (Pitt),was bred for fighting 'sports' whilst the Rottweiler (Rott), was bred to be a guard.

That said, the level of agression in a dog/cat/horse/flea is often directly proportional to the amount of early socialization and/or  interaction with us humans.  We don't expect kids to learn proper social manners without guidance and loving discipline yet we unrealistically expect our pets to be model creatures without due, consistent investment of time and money.

I've had Pitts, & Rotts that I have let loose with my toddling nephews who obligingly drooled, slobbered on the poor dogs and in some cases, used both breeds as body pillows during naptime at Auntie's.  Conversley, I've fostered yorkies, (<15Llb dogs), that I would not allow even in adult company- more rabid and mean tempered than a one-legged pirate at a two-step dance

Please refer to these links if you are truly interested in learning more about both breeds:
http://www.dogbreedinfo.com/americanpitbull.htm
http://www.dogbreedinfo.com/rottweiler.htm
Re: Pitbull Or Rottweiler: Which Is More Dangerous? by norb: 7:55pm On Aug 28, 2007
I own both 80 pound Rottie at 8 months old and 12 week old red nose pitt. They play together every day with out any incident att all. The pitt can be more aggressive at times but at the end of the day its the owner that makes the dog mean not the breed!!!!
Re: Pitbull Or Rottweiler: Which Is More Dangerous? by gimme(f): 4:05pm On Sep 26, 2007
You people just make me laugh, Rotties and pitts are both dangerous animals, Do not stray from the topic at hand, 'are Pitts more dangerious, or Rotties? They both are, Depends on the subject being attacked, Human or animal, Animal-- Pitt bull cannot stand a chance against a Rottie, Rotties are to big, have simillar jaw structure, and pressure, just as aggressive in the midst of a fight. Pitt bull are just that. Designed and used for 'Fighting in the pit.' AGAINST OTHER PITT BULLS ONLY. 'unfortunately', Rotties, are made for guarding, herding, ('draft horse' type dog). I don't necessarily like either. As far as attacking humans, they are both dangerous. Pitts, more unpredictable, they are like 'ghetto' dogs, made for the streets. Comparable to gang members-- rottwielers-- Farm boys with intolerant, -stay off my property- kick butt attitudes. Whatever, I like entirely different breed. I think it is sickening to fight dogs, simply for money or sport. But if I had to had either, I would want the rottie, as they would definately protect me from the gangsta Pitt!!! I have met too many people while working in the ER that were attacked by Pitts, and it resulted in loss, or death. I vote for Maltese. Non-lawsuit puppy, BUT TO ANYONE, THERE IS NO EXCUSE FOR A DOG'S BEHAVIOR, A DOG IS A DOG IS A DOG ETC, Not a human, Tomorrow morning when you wake, and look down, you will still see a dog. They live and die, The part that people miss the most. Think of farm life, Cow is a cow, dog is a dog, but humans are most precious and somewhat predictable.
Re: Pitbull Or Rottweiler: Which Is More Dangerous? by norb: 7:35pm On Sep 26, 2007
I was under the impression that someone that works in the ER has brains, until now. Look man your saying a dog is a dog, correct? My dog is a dog and mine don't fight nor attack anyone so how do explain that? "Mr ER" Plus what's up with your Stereotyping people, Pitt Belongs to Blacks or should I say gansters is what you called them and then there are the dumb ass white boyz, and you must be chinese ha? I have one more question for you "Mr ER" how do explain people killing people for money that happens every day too or when some of us come home from deployment and are outside of our house constantly looking at people's hands for weapons and some of us actually snap some day and go crazy and shoot up the city? Then again humans are humans ha? Stick with your ER business dude cause you suck and everything else!!!!
Re: Pitbull Or Rottweiler: Which Is More Dangerous? by Nobody: 8:34pm On Sep 26, 2007
This thread has digressed.

Pitt Bull Terriers can be more dangerous, as compared to the much heavier Rottweiller. The Pitt's jaw power (2,000 psi) is only rivalled by that of a Hyena, which is the only living animal that can bite through the thigh-bone of a full-grown buffalo.

I wouldn't have either dog, but if I had to choose one not to have, it'd be the Pitt.
Re: Pitbull Or Rottweiler: Which Is More Dangerous? by gimme(f): 3:47am On Sep 27, 2007
[color=#990000][/color]
This message is for Norb, since the clarity of my message has been thwarted by his anger, and prejudiced comments. We are talking about these two dogs here. Not blacks, whites, or as you put it, chinese, You are clearly the one stereotyping!! Not I , First, my relative has owned a Pitt, which attacked him, He lost, left nipple, much of the musculature of the left arm and a few more unmentionable parts. Since, I have met many people that have been bitten by Pitt bulls and required more than one surgery for 70-80% repair. Then 2 two, (that's right, two) of my friends have owned Rottwiellers. One friend is STILL in a mental hospital, she went from the living room to kitchen to get a bottle, due to a horrendous scream, she ran back in the room, to see both of her Rotties EATING her 3 month old baby. (Columbus Ohio)The other woman, had 2 Rotties they were in her back yard, and the 2 dogs attacked the child, of course killing her. Her husband loaded and unloaded his 45 handgun into the dogs until he had no more bullets. (Cincinnati Ohio 1996) Now, I have witnessed countless Pitt Bull attacks in the ER, and surely much to your surprise, they were fierce attacks. Let me tell you NORB, CHILDREN RARELY SURVIVE DOG ATTACKS. Both dogs ARE extremely aggressive animals. Niether one in my opinion, should even exist, And who the hell do you think you are making interjections about my stereotyping? To me, and as my previous message states, 'gangsta' I indicated nor did I even imply what you said, ==Pitt Belongs to Blacks or should I say gansters is what you called them and then there are the dumb ass white boyz, and you must be chinese ha?== Yes you moran, you said it --ctrl c then ctrl v== Gangstas to me means as I SAID-- STREET AND/OR GANG MEMBERS-- WHICH IS ANY MINORITY OR MAJORITY-- MAJORITY MEANING WHAT YOU SAID, you moran, == again, ctrl c ctrl v ==the dumb ass white boyz, == Now as far as humans go, they are to me the most important. No dog in history present or future could hold a candle to the human race, morans included, I grew up on a farm, and am very clear as to an animals function, and human. It's too bad that you are allowing yourself to be so out of control of your emotions, because you indicate your a soldier, and you leave your information as to which unit you are in, Attached to my husband's. Now you also implied that I am a chinese? No, you are wrong once again, Norb. I am a female, married to an officer, that is a career soldier, who may not be very proud of your choice in verbage. But certainly proud that you're a soldier, that is part of the GREEN RACE. As WE ARE, in the military. I think, needed to clear up much of this rhetoric. No, racist here, just someone that has witnessed quite a bit re: ea. dog in question.
Re: Pitbull Or Rottweiler: Which Is More Dangerous? by Nobody: 7:18am On Sep 27, 2007
@ Gimme: Very true.

This year alone, in the UK there have been 5 Rottweiller attacks, all involving children. Sadly, none of these children survived. These dogs were all family pets, and had to be destroyed. There were pictures of these toddlers in the press, as well as on TV, and it was NOT a pretty sight. I didn't know any of these children personally, but it was enough to bring tears to my eyes, and I'm a grown man.

1 Pitt attack in the UK this year, the owner, an adult male had to have his left leg above the knee removed, it was too mangled for doctors to even consider surgery. He also had extensive reconstructive surgery to his groin.

And these dogs are safe?!

Someone on here mentioned more frequent bites from Poodles / Cocker Spaniels. Probably, I'd call these "nips", you're unlikely to be killed by one of these, they are NOT powerful dogs.

As for keeping Pitt Bulls and Rottweillers around young children, well, that's a risk I would NOT consider, I like animals, but I love my children. My liking for animals does NOT extend to Pitts and Rotts.

As for these dogs being products of their owner's upbringing, that's not always true. They are naturally aggressive animals, and in a Pitt, the fighting spirit instilled into its lineage 5 generations back, can resurface in the current generation, without warning either! Worth considering when championing the purchase of these dogs, especially if you have young children. These attacks are not isolated cases.
Re: Pitbull Or Rottweiler: Which Is More Dangerous? by gimme(f): 3:39pm On Sep 27, 2007
Thank you ever so much Siena, people tend to excuse the behavior of their 'Pit' or 'Rottie' to the level of threats and beyond, when, what about children, the future of human race? Where is the sense to that? When it comes to children, that is when 'excuses for behavior' is comprehensible to me, we as adults, should come out like, a Tiger in defense of children, Truly, is disturbing,

Im sorry that you had to see the attack results of the dog attacks, (very tough especially children) but sometimes it is necessary to get the point accross to the public. (I sometimes go home after a shift, crying). Dogs are just dogs. And your right, if I were going to be bit by a poodle or Jack Russell, it would be a 'nip' not devastation, Still I would not accept the behavior from the dog, no matter what mood the dog is in, just like I would not accept aggressive behavior from a person. There is no excuse for aggressive animals, and I think that how animals are treated does play a part, but once they are ruined, that's it, Put them down, Animals are a gift from God to serve human race. Think for a moment, who is on the top of the food chain? Reduce it to it's most fundimental status. Thank you for everyone reading my message. I hope maybe I have affected someone in a positive way. Im very sad for Norbert Saska, he seems to be full of anger, perhaps from something else, and lashing out. It can be very difficult being a soldier, my family is from Croatia, and sometimes my relatives that survived the rape camps, get really moody. I'll bet he is a very good person, and outstanding soldier. He is attached to my husbands unit. I hope God blesses him with wonderful days, everyday. And God bless you too, Siena,
Re: Pitbull Or Rottweiler: Which Is More Dangerous? by norb: 3:50pm On Sep 27, 2007
Gimme,

first and foremost i'm extremly happy that you are a military family and I did not mean any disrespect at all if I did I apologize for it. However; I DO stand by what I said and what I feel!! Dogs are just like guns guns don't kill people People kill one another, just like dogs they have to be brought up that way or something provoked that dog to attack. Someone mentioned something about Pitts were bread to fight <---- this statetment is the most stupid thing I have ever heard of Bullies were bread to "GUARD" children and babies. Please look further into the breed if you can't find the article email me and I'll send it over. One more question i have, what are the numbers say about how many people end up in the ER due to human error vs Dog bites? Mrs ER when you get a moment let us know. as for your Family and Husband ("Once a Marine, always a Marine!"wink Duty, Honor, COUNTRY!!
Re: Pitbull Or Rottweiler: Which Is More Dangerous? by norb: 4:25pm On Sep 27, 2007
Gimme,

one more quick question, why am I being included in this? ctrl=v It can be very difficult being a soldier, my family is from Croatia, and sometimes my relatives that survived the sex-attack camps, get really moody <---or is this sarcastic?
Re: Pitbull Or Rottweiler: Which Is More Dangerous? by gimme(f): 5:02am On Sep 28, 2007
Hello Norb:
Human error vs. dog bites? Do you mean people being at fault in a dog bite situation? If so, that's an entirely different broad question, Narrow it a bit, so I can answer. And as far as sarcasm, no, I simply meant, that Norb is in Middle East, somewhere, who is, a normal physically & mentally fit soldier, in a very abnormal situation, reacting in an appropriate way. Which is a bit irritable, (I would be irritable, not that I am a measuring tool for it) My cousin, is normal (mentally) and was placed in an abnormal circumstance and reacts very appropriately. Irritable, but with her, she becomes very tearful, at times when she talks about how the serbs would torture them. Many people get moody when they are in that much excessive heat, I used the r--- word, but the computer converts it, Ultimately, they are both beautiful people that have to venture in difficult situations sometimes. American soldiers helped to get she and many others out of the concentration camp. In croatian, centre za dam, Refering to it as 'just a center for women'. Right, The things that soldiers are required to go through is rediculous. But that's why they are so damned tough. My family thinks that it is amazing that I am married to 'American soldier' (like a mini celebrity!!!) lololol cute, ya?!! I think so, Good luck to you Norb, I hear you're an amazing soldier,

Rebecca
Re: Pitbull Or Rottweiler: Which Is More Dangerous? by loverott: 10:13am On Dec 04, 2007
Blueban kindly mind what u write about dogs rotts are not badder infact no dog is bad it is the bad masters not the animals .behave like a responsible world citizen and dont mislead ppl

Re: Pitbull Or Rottweiler: Which Is More Dangerous? by bluehorizo(m): 6:34pm On Apr 07, 2008
I love Rotties,i have a rotty and love him to bits,though i am planning bringing home a pit bull or a Great Dane. What a combination!
Re: Pitbull Or Rottweiler: Which Is More Dangerous? by lmueller: 9:45pm On May 15, 2008
I have a rottweiler cross pit bull, He is the greatest dog I've had.
Dogs only become mean and dangerous when the owners don't treat the dog right, or train them to be that way. Yes, years ago pit bulls were bred to fight and rottweilers were bred to watch, now days people are breeding them for loyal pets. And that they are!!
People need to stop being so judgemental and give these breeds a chance.
Re: Pitbull Or Rottweiler: Which Is More Dangerous? by ralph007(m): 7:25pm On May 17, 2008
hello in the room,I'm one of the lover of pet,dogs in particular,so you can see why this topic is most excited to me,talking of the most dangerous amongst the two dog,i will say pitbull,mare looking at that creature alone can send fear in to one bone ,and the dog is vociferous,many time i have where the two breed were locked in the same cage,come and see how pitbull use to chance the rottweiler.its because of my intrest in the dog that lead me to a search on the net and i come across the website its full of information about pets in general,but dogs in particular,its, http//www.justpet.info,you can check it out.you will get more fact on your research about this two dog.
Re: Pitbull Or Rottweiler: Which Is More Dangerous? by Alleyoops2: 6:52pm On Jul 17, 2008
HI all I have just signed up and wanted to give you all my two cents. I am a woman ( some one was saying that all the stupid replies were coming from women) And i am a vet assistant, a volenteer at our local animal shelters, groomer, a trainer for dogs for the handicapped, and a 4-H leader of dog obedience and agility. SO i know exactly what i am talking about, so anyone judging me saying i am a woman there for i am full of it, needs to grow up and not base your comments and thoughts on what you have between your legs and what everyone else has between their's.
Re: Pitbull Or Rottweiler: Which Is More Dangerous? by Alleyoops2: 7:49pm On Jul 17, 2008
HI all I have just signed up and wanted to give you all my two cents. I am a woman ( some one was saying that all the stupid replies were coming from women) And i am a vet assistant, a volenteer at our local animal shelters, groomer, a trainer for dogs for the handicapped, and a 4-H leader of dog obedience and agility.  SO i know exactly what i am talking about, so anyone judging me saying i am a woman there for i am full of it, needs to grow up and not base your comments and thoughts on what you have between your legs and what everyone else has between their's.  
       I have worked with many different breeds of dogs, and have personally handled both rotts. and pitts. on a personal and professional basis. Rotts, and shepherds are my personal favoirte they are etremly smart and i have trained both for aid dogs, and have successfully placed out 23 rotts and shepherds to the handicapped. Rotts can definately be deadly if they arent controlled. I know that people who own any dog swears that there dog is 100% harmless in any situation. However for rotties i had work with the law inforcement a few years ago when a 6 year old girl was literally torn apart by two "harmless rotties". The owners of these two dogs bought liter mate brothers. Then he used them as adecoratio, and never actually socialized them or really trained them. The little girl came over to the people's  house with her parents for lunch, and went out playing. She started playing with one of the dogs and got to rough housing playing tug of war with them. One dog was pulling on her and some where in the middle of it all the pack instinct set in with them and instead of grabbing the rope they grabbed the girl, and what was play turned into these two dogs flipping their lids and attacked this little girl. She had to have over 900 stitches alvoer her Entire body. And of coarse the dogs were taken away and coranteened for a few weeks and then put down. The owner never estabilshed that he was top dog with them and they assumed charge of them sleves and about kill a little girl.  It was very tragic, and i refuse to keep liter mates together at all for this very reason, even dogs of different breeds.  So i do belieeve that a rottie could easily take down a person and kill them if they arent properly trained.
      As for pitts, I have no desire to be around them. They are unpredictable and 65% precent of them time a reported dog attack is done by a pittbull. My brother owned a pittbull female two years ago. That dog was adopted by him when she was 8 weeks old. The dog was raised around his 4 year old duaghter 8 year old son, and my 3 year old duaghter, along with their friends kids. The dog had been worked with and trained hard, and was very socialized as she traveled with my brother when he worked. When the dog turned 7 months old, ( just matured) she began to become agressive. She wouldnt allow people to come to the front door, not even my brother or the kids. That dog attack my niece when she was running through the sprinklers one day. Thankfully she wasnt injured to bad. But that dog was immediatly shot. GOing out with animal control i have seen my pitt owner's swear their dog is the best dog in the world and would never hurt a fly. Even though their dog had just gotten done attacking a person or another animal. And 9 times out of ten the dog is put down becuase it cant pass the socialization and agression tests we put the dogs through either becuase of a court case or while we are trying to adopt them out.  Many of the people that get pitts are people who are looking for a tough intimidating dog, either for proction or for gang related reasons. And then majority of the people who get these dogs either dont have the time desire, or knowledge to propoerly train the dogs and leave them with a blank slate, and these dogs do end up attacking someone, and in most cases it is another pet or family member. I have witenessed a pitt bull taking down a full grown 1000 pound Mule deeer buck three years ago.  It had the deer by the throat and was literally dragging it acrossed the road after it got ahold of it.  By the time the animal control officer and the cops were there the deer was dead and i was in the process of contacting the Division of wild life And i had chased the dog off but it kept returning trying to get his deer.  ONce the police got there they followed the dog home and when they went to the front dorr to contact the owner the dog turned and attack the officer. The dog was shot right there on the spot inorder to protect himself from being injured by the dog. When the owner heard the gun shots they went to the door and they also gave us the common story of how their dog has never hurt a fly and how they could trust it with their own kids. forunately they were smart enough to give up the story whe nthey seen the deer it had taken down and the bite marks on the officer. They were sited for four different violations and are now no longer legally able to have a dog.  Thses dogs are breed to be agressive, and there are even owners that will brag about their dog being a bad A$$ and taking down and killing another dog. This both shows that people are buying these dogs for the reason they are agressive and dangerous. And it doesnt do any good owner justice when they are handling their dog and are reasponsible in caring for ad training their dog, to be a good companion when some many other people are on the net showing footage of their dogs attacking other living things, and bragging about how tough their dog is.  I personally do not reccomend this breed to people for family pets, as the agressivness has not been breed out of them, and becuase i have seen to many people seriously hurt by their own dogs. In my state it is legal to shot any dog that comes onto your property. I usually wont enforce this law becuase i dont want to shot someones beloved pet. However I never second think shooting one on my property becuase I have livestock and my own pets, and kids that i dont want on the front page of a news paper. Anyway i say that Pitts are more dangerous and deadly. They are unpredictable and either have been allowed to show and use their agression or have not had the right amount of training and discipline. They have not successfully had the agressivness breed out of them, and any good breeder wil tell you that. Rotties were once thought of as the meanest dogs and most dangerous. BUt in the last couple of decades with careful breeding there is relatively no bred in agression in them ( not saying in all rotties, just most.) . While a rottie usually is bigger and wieghs more they are now mostly mellow big coach potatoes and will lick you to death. I also dont believe that it should be illegal  to own the pitts totally either butt i think it should be a licensed owner that has proven that they are both responsible and have the proper knowledge and experience to have and train the dogs.  If this was enforced then all the responsible owners out there can still keep their pitty and hopefully get rid of the dangerous agressive instincts in the dog.
    I wont have a pitt bull, and dont like the dogs. I just dont find them attractive and dont trust them around my family, and animals. BUt i also wouldnt own a chow, sarpie, or several others for teh same reason's. There is more than one breed of dog that is typically more agressive and untrustworthy for being a reliable family pet. So my vote is Pitt bulls. I gave you all my reasons why and i am sure i have offended more than one person for saying their dog isnt the sweet little harmless puppy in world, and i am sorry for that but the truth hurts sometimes. I am not saying your are a bad owner. just saying I hope your right, and that you and your dog arent added to the 1000's of other dog attack reports that happen every month in the country. And a wod to all the pitt owner out there I want to say that I hope your love of the breed will inspire you to breed for a bretter cuality of pitt bull, and make the high attack rates a thing of the past. After all people have done it with shepherds and rotties.

1 Like

Re: Pitbull Or Rottweiler: Which Is More Dangerous? by CH3COO(m): 7:52pm On Jul 17, 2008
A cocker spaniel is more dangerous tongue
Re: Pitbull Or Rottweiler: Which Is More Dangerous? by Alleyoops2: 8:06pm On Jul 17, 2008
I would also like to add that it is a myth that a pit bulls jaws lock. Though they have a excellent set of choppers to tear stuff apart their jaws are mechanically the same as any other dog. They are very mucled to easily tear through something but can release at any time, if he chooses.
Re: Pitbull Or Rottweiler: Which Is More Dangerous? by jake122334: 12:37am On Sep 20, 2008
Jesus Christ!!!!!!

What is this the "most uneducated people about dogs" forum

Pitbulls arent mean at all, its ALL in how you raise and train them, ALL, no dog is naturally aggressive, and NO pitbull owners say you have to feed them or else they will eat you alive

Pitbulls are one of the FEW breeds that were bred to NOT be human aggressive, but very animal aggressive(animal aggression and human aggression have NO links- its been studied, so if he goes after the neighbors cat, you wont have to worry about him going after your kids next, )

Ever heard of the atts?(american temperament testing society)(im assuming you know what TEMPERAMENT is), well guess what, pitbulls are statistically less dangerous than your "great" family dogs, like GOLDEN retrievers, beagles, collies

atts.org

there was also a 7 year study on all dog bites and attacks, and in that seven years, pitbulls only accounted for 1% of all bites or attacks, there are MANY attacks form other dogs that are not reported on the news, they only report pitbulls because they are the thing that gets most views now, have you noticed there are never any breeds apart form the "bad breeds"?

I mean come on!!!! Have ANY of you actually researched anything? because pretty much all pitbull sites say how great of dogs they are, seriously research something before you talk people,
Re: Pitbull Or Rottweiler: Which Is More Dangerous? by Paradinha: 3:27pm On Dec 07, 2008
I have a 2 year old rotty!! He is a male and stays in the house. Whilst a puppy he use to chew walls ect. Now he is an angel dog!!!! He does not bark unless he has reason to!! He is scared of cats, def a danger to everyone!!!! Rottys are harmless dogs, they love to be around their owners and thats when they are happiest!! He is very well natured and has never bitten or attempted to bite anyone. When we decided to buy a dog I researched a lot of different breeds and overall the rotty was in my opinion the best. I would never purchase a Pitt as they are unpredictable and clearly dangerous,  however I blame the owners more than the dogs. Any dog can be a danger to people it depends how you train them and treat them. I love my rotty and I trust him fully. I am a young woman (23) and I feel safe having my dog aaroundme!!! Rottys are in my opinion are amazing dogs and anyone who has one and trains and treats the dog well i am sure will share my opinion!!!!
Re: Pitbull Or Rottweiler: Which Is More Dangerous? by MrCrackles(m): 3:29pm On Dec 07, 2008
Me i know no oooo

I nor like dog cheesy
Re: Pitbull Or Rottweiler: Which Is More Dangerous? by Nobody: 3:25pm On Dec 16, 2008
@ poster
I 1ce heard this story of how the pittbill got its name - if you put a bull and the dog in a pit it will kill the bull .

How about the bullmastif , heard it is also dangereous .
Re: Pitbull Or Rottweiler: Which Is More Dangerous? by kavon456: 12:30am On Mar 10, 2009
To me neither dog is dangerous. I own a Rottie and I'm around pit bulls all the time. My dog is as nice as she can be and I'd be more afraid of a yorkie or something.
Re: Pitbull Or Rottweiler: Which Is More Dangerous? by blkmamba8: 9:58am On Mar 23, 2009
I KNOW BOTH BREEDS EXTREMELY WELL!! I HAVE OWNED BOTH BREEDS!! THEYRE BOTH FRIENDLY, AND FUN LOVING BY NATURE!! HOWEVER, PITTS AND ROTTS ARE POTENTIALLY DANGEROUS NOT MATTER HOW NICE THEY MAY SEEM, ESPEICALLY AROUND YOUNG KIDS, AND OTHER ANIMALS!!

THE ROTT HAS SLIGHTLY MORE POWERFUL JAWS, BUT ROTTS ARE BIG, POWERFUL AND CLUMSY DOGS!!! THEY DO NOT MANUVOUR NEARLY AS WELL AS PIT BULLS DO!! THEREFORE THEY HAVE A HARDER TIME BITTING A MOVING TARGET!! PLUS, ROTTS HAVE LESS STAMINA AND TIRE ALOT FASTER THAN PITBULLS!!! ROTTS MAKE GREAT ATTACK/GUARD DOGS, BUT THEYRE AN OUT OF DATE MODEL, COMPARED TO

THE PITBULL CAN POTENTIALLY CAUSE MUCH MORE DAMAGE WHEN IT ATTACKS!! THEY HAVE STAMINA LIKE THE ENERGIZER BUNNY!! THEY ARE LOWER TO THE GROUND AND MANUVOUR WITH EASE!! PITS ARE ALSO EXPERTS AT THE ''HOLD AND SHAKE'' WHEN THEY DO BITE, PITS HAVE THE PERFECT BODY FOR FIGHTING! THAT IS WHY STUPID PEOPLE ARE ALWAYS FIGHTIN PIT BULLS, AND NOT ROTTS!!

HEAD TO HEAD: THE PITBULL DUE TO ITS SHORT STATURE WOULD ALREADY BE IN THE PERFECT POSITION TO LATCH ON TO THE ROTT'S THROAT, THE PIT COULD MOVE AROUD THE PIT EASIER, AND WONT TIRE AS FAST, LIKE I SAID ROTTS ARE BIG AND CLUMSY, BEING CLUMSY IN A FIGHT CAN COST YOU YOUR LIFE,

VERDICT: PITBULL
Re: Pitbull Or Rottweiler: Which Is More Dangerous? by blkmamba8: 10:24am On Mar 23, 2009
BULL TERRIORS, WERE ORIGINALLY BREAD TO KILL SMALL ANIMALS, RODENTS AND PROTECT, THEY WERE CROSS BREAD WITH THE BULL DOG,

BULL DOG + BULL TERRIOR = PIT BULL

TO FIGHT IN PITS FOR GAMBLING AND ENTERTAINMENT WHEN PEOPLE GOT TIRED OF FIGHTING COCKS/ BIRDS,
AT FISRT THE ROTT WAS THE PIT FIGHTING DOG OF CHOICE (EVEN THOUGH THEY WHERE NOT ORIGINALLY BREAD FOR THIS), THE PITBULL ACTUALLY REPALCED THE ROTT AS THE PIT FIGHTING DOG OF CHOICE, THIS GOES WAY BACK,
Re: Pitbull Or Rottweiler: Which Is More Dangerous? by blkmamba8: 10:55am On Mar 23, 2009
pits are perfcet fighters

other dogs will give up, bow out, or submit, get tired, or stop when the other submits. pits are bred to fight until the other dog is dead or incapacitated. a pit will almost never stop a fight when started, they can be real aggressive and they dont tire easy
Re: Pitbull Or Rottweiler: Which Is More Dangerous? by cece84(f): 9:32pm On Mar 23, 2009
for any dog it depends on how it is trained. my brother ownS two pits. very loving dogs but people are still afraid of them. any dog can attack its in there nature people tend to forget that

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 94
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.