Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,790 members, 7,802,481 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 03:16 PM

Ten Ways To Tap Into The Real Estate Industry And Make Profit - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Ten Ways To Tap Into The Real Estate Industry And Make Profit (25231 Views)

My Plumber Failed, See How A Female Nairalander Fixed Dripping Tap (Pics,Video) / Real Estate Industry Still In Recession - Experts / Top 10 Issues Affecting Nigeria Real Estate Industry (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ten Ways To Tap Into The Real Estate Industry And Make Profit by Sachiopropty(m): 7:18am On Oct 06, 2020
In the facet of different businesses real estate has being in the circle, individuals and cooperate bodies keep enjoying the returns accrued from this lucrative industry. Regardless of your knowledge about this industry, there are more to tap from and more to make a profit.

Moreover, with the evolution of social transformation, industrial development, and changes in the state of the economy, real estate stands out among the most reliable options for investment. With the correct knowledge and tools, real estate remains a reliable source to make money for anyone. Scaling through in this industry doesn’t require you to own a property.

There are many different ideas to tap into to start making a profit from the real estate. The following list reveals the ways to tap into the real estate to begin making a profit.

Enter into the business as a real estate agent

Starting up as an agent in real estate has being one of the traditional ways to make profit in the real estate industry. It requires you to have a formal education, some certification from the state, and the capacity to sustain oneself initially before a deal is concluded financially. Moreover, you take care of all the running expenses from your pocket until a transaction is completed before you receive a commission.

Buy or build to be a landlord

Owning a property for many is the start of this business model, real estate. As a landlord, you earn by collecting rent from the tenants; this creates cash flow, and as time counts, your profit margin goes up as the value of the property appreciates. It also provides you with the privilege of heirs to inherit the property. You can take this business time fulltime because it is lucrative.

Property management

Managing a property does not necessarily demand you to own one first. It entails maintaining, creating means of rent payment to the landlord. Also, you need to be active in getting new tenants if the need arises to benefit a percentage deduction in rent as a manager. Your availability is essential here, in a situation when repairs or emergency is needed.

Bird dogging

Investors in real estate are always on the watch for a good deal. Bird dogs are professional real estate freelancers that typically fit into this scope of work. As a bird dog, you look out for good deals in the real estate for an investor in return to make either a small fraction percent of the full money or a flat fee rate.

Investors most times will not pay you as a bird dog for properties already on the listing, that’s the reason bird dogs need more work to get features before they are listed. Your being effective requires more activeness in gathering information before they come out on the open.

Photography in real estate

In recent times, Real Estate Industry in Nigeria and across the world, does not directly involve everyone in the business, It all depends on your scope of work just like the photography. You can work as a photographer; take control of the entire photo shoots for properties to be displayed on the listing. And your photography must come out top rated to be the best; you can market this photography or go into hourly payment based on how much time spent in making the photography.

Property flipping has being one of the most lucrative ideas in how to make profit in real estate, and news media have popularized it over the years. To get started, all you need is search out for a property for sale on a distressed basis, buy it, renovate or modernize it, then put it up back for sale with a better profit margin. Though flipping properties isn’t regular, it is one of the top ways to make profit in real estate.

Portfolio of business ideas in real estate

It is a great way you can use to diversify your portfolio in this business. Instead of focusing on a particular idea, it is more profitable you combine ideas to reduce cost and maximize profit. For example, if you have chosen the idea to start up as a property manager, you can as well combine it with photography and let go of hiring a freelancer for that; this will reduce cost in marketing and probably add value to your business. As a property manager, you can also combine it with being a real estate agent, with their network of contacts; it is easier to connect with potential clients for property renting. Several investors might decide to flip properties to build for rentals for more diverse income.

Dabble into repairs and renovations in real estate

As you must have known now, you do not need to own a property to start making a profit from the Real Estate in Nigeria and across the world. All you need here is the knowledge or professional skills on repairs and innovation works to start up in this lucrative business. You don’t need to go into the construction aspect; if you don’t have the funds, you can start with the redecorations and renovations of worn-out houses for cash. One or more of the following skills; interior designs, plumbing, painting, roofing, electrical works will help.

Become a real estate marketer

Becoming a marketer in this business of real estate is very lucrative, especially if you got some experience in online marketing. For starters in the Real Estate Industry in Nigeria and across the world, you can get deals by doing ads on social media, search engine optimization, advertisement, and so on. Get offers by offering your skills or reviews to clients. Furthermore, you can combine to do the marketing as well as a real estate agency or property management owner. Lastly, real estate can be done as an affiliate in blogs for real good deals.

Commercial real estate

This appears to be among the most lucrative ways of making money in the real estate business. Though it is capital intensive, surely it’s worth it. In the Real Estate Industry in Nigeria and across the world, all you need to tap into this business in a more lucrative approach is extending from flipping properties and focus more on developing renovation and reconstruction for a better quality upgrade of the property .As you grow here, you can start developing shopping malls, large scale buildings, and more of such investment, but you just have to start from somewhere.

Finally, venturing into the Real Estate Industry in Nigeria and across the world are very lucrative ways to make profit in real estate. All you need is know how to make profit in real estate, know how to diversify your portfolio in real estate in Nigeria or across the world. I believe the ideas listed above must have given you a broader scope of how to tap into the real estate industry and make profit.

https://sachiong.com/ten-ways-to-tap-into-the-real-estate-industry-and-make-profit/

23 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Ten Ways To Tap Into The Real Estate Industry And Make Profit by slawormiir: 1:41pm On Nov 23, 2020
Damnnn niggarrrr
Isoright...
Perused through bros op write up or article while putting on my intellectual cap, reading between lines and blazing my weed

I must confess the write up is not devoid of intellect and not denuded of intelligence

After all the wechat/courier format/alipay huzzle....I think a real niggarr is gonna delve into real estate... because he is aware that his type of huzzle now is not sustainable

32 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ten Ways To Tap Into The Real Estate Industry And Make Profit by Nobody: 1:41pm On Nov 23, 2020
On a hostel building spree

cool

Target 200 self cons in 2 years

5 Likes

Re: Ten Ways To Tap Into The Real Estate Industry And Make Profit by ATEAMS: 1:41pm On Nov 23, 2020
Everyone wants a piece of land. It’s the only sure investment. It can never depreciate like a car or a washing machine. Land will double its value in ten years. In less than that. Land is going up every day.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ten Ways To Tap Into The Real Estate Industry And Make Profit by cescky(m): 1:41pm On Nov 23, 2020
slawormiir:
Damnnn niggarrrr
Isoright
ok

1 Like

Re: Ten Ways To Tap Into The Real Estate Industry And Make Profit by INTEGRITYA1(m): 1:42pm On Nov 23, 2020
Real Estate is one of the most secured means of creating, keep and multiplying wealth. But you must be careful not to fall victim of bad heads in our society.

Anyway, to know about promising axis like Ibeju-Lekki Lagos and reliable real estate companies to buy from. Here you meet an Estate Consultant and integrity is our watchword.

Just quote me and let get started.

3 Likes

Re: Ten Ways To Tap Into The Real Estate Industry And Make Profit by Oris4show(m): 1:42pm On Nov 23, 2020
It's ok

It is what it is

1 Like

Re: Ten Ways To Tap Into The Real Estate Industry And Make Profit by Oxtonguy: 1:42pm On Nov 23, 2020
cheesy
Re: Ten Ways To Tap Into The Real Estate Industry And Make Profit by JIMMY1393: 1:43pm On Nov 23, 2020
Na so
Re: Ten Ways To Tap Into The Real Estate Industry And Make Profit by Nobody: 1:43pm On Nov 23, 2020
All you have written are theoretical and do not happen easily in real life in Nigeria. As a son of a landlord with large estates since birth, I will tell you what the reality is.

The real gainers in the fragile Nigerian Real estate industry are agents (legal practitioners, professional agents and freelancing agents) who take 10% return of investment after investing only their time and/or educational qualification. Those who were lucky to buy land at lower prices at previously undeveloped areas are the biggest gainers.

The bane of the Nigerian real estate industry especially the renting and leasing department is familiarity and the reluctance of landlords to separate their business from their personal and family lives. As a landlord, the only rent you are sure of is the first annual rent. After that , your tenant becomes close to your children, buys them gifts and toys, gifts you Christmas and birthday gifts which are all a preamble to côck and bull stories that will arise when it is time to renew their rent.

To maximize profit in the real estate business, try as much as possible to live in a separate environment from your tenants and hand over the affairs of your estate to a strict professional ,most likely a legal practitioner, who will not let defaulting tenants spend a night under your roof after their rent expire. These professionals know how to give quit notices that will elapse at a time that will ensure that you will earn your projeceted annual rent income in case a tenant defaults.

If you are below 30, consult Urban Town planners in your state who will give you a professional projection of future town development plans. This will enable you purchase massive plots of land at very cheap prices at areas that may become very economically viable soon. Invest in agriculture even if it is planting of fruit trees until 15-20 years when you can make millions even billions from the land. Real estate is largely a long term investment.

95 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Ten Ways To Tap Into The Real Estate Industry And Make Profit by IMO01: 1:43pm On Nov 23, 2020
Ok
Re: Ten Ways To Tap Into The Real Estate Industry And Make Profit by paulolee(m): 1:44pm On Nov 23, 2020
k
Re: Ten Ways To Tap Into The Real Estate Industry And Make Profit by Nobody: 1:44pm On Nov 23, 2020
H
Re: Ten Ways To Tap Into The Real Estate Industry And Make Profit by Hotzone(m): 1:44pm On Nov 23, 2020
I love this

2 Likes

Re: Ten Ways To Tap Into The Real Estate Industry And Make Profit by sammysneh(m): 1:45pm On Nov 23, 2020
Nice write up, These are the kind topic I want to see i here not bbn threads..

Real Estate is a lucrative business but it's not easy..

5 Likes

Re: Ten Ways To Tap Into The Real Estate Industry And Make Profit by tstx(m): 1:45pm On Nov 23, 2020
And if you need a website for your real estate firm.. Contact me
Re: Ten Ways To Tap Into The Real Estate Industry And Make Profit by Billionaire9ja(m): 1:46pm On Nov 23, 2020
Slawormii is the Icon of Nairaland while helinues and bbqgrillers are the boko of naira land.

Once on Monday twice on friday

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ten Ways To Tap Into The Real Estate Industry And Make Profit by TheWalkingMind: 1:46pm On Nov 23, 2020
Where's Ronaldo when you need him?
Re: Ten Ways To Tap Into The Real Estate Industry And Make Profit by Hamman1(m): 1:46pm On Nov 23, 2020
OK we don hear.
Re: Ten Ways To Tap Into The Real Estate Industry And Make Profit by Ikejime: 1:47pm On Nov 23, 2020
Selling
(Pay and take possession) Two Plots of uncompleted House for sale in Lagos.
Asking PRICE 60 million

location; Badagry Express way After Agbara

Interested? Contact

+2347037581563

Sale by the Owner

Call on whatsaap or send whatsaap message

Re: Ten Ways To Tap Into The Real Estate Industry And Make Profit by LandMann: 1:47pm On Nov 23, 2020
Sysdatek:
On a hostel building spree

cool

Target 200 self cons in 2 years

Please take me along let's make the money together.

I wish people with idle cash will come and acquire cheap lands in my area and build massive one room self contains... It will be rushed for next 20 years. Steady profit.

1 Like

Re: Ten Ways To Tap Into The Real Estate Industry And Make Profit by henshaw97: 1:48pm On Nov 23, 2020
Re: Ten Ways To Tap Into The Real Estate Industry And Make Profit by LandMann: 1:49pm On Nov 23, 2020
Incase anyone is interested, you can pool resources together, 500,000 to one million per person...20-30 persons maximum... Draft an agreement and build residential houses... One room self contain or room and parlor self contain...

These sorts of accomodation cater to the needs of young adults who are just starting life, and will remain in demand for long....

You can build it in one year, lease it out and then focus on building more...

3 Likes

Re: Ten Ways To Tap Into The Real Estate Industry And Make Profit by AFULA(m): 1:50pm On Nov 23, 2020
okay
Re: Ten Ways To Tap Into The Real Estate Industry And Make Profit by Barka00(m): 1:50pm On Nov 23, 2020
slawormiir:
Damnnn niggarrrr
Isoright...
Perused through bros op write up or article while putting on my intellectual cap, reading between lines and blazing my weed

I must confess the write up is not devoid of intellect and not denuded of intelligence

slawormiir try get sense small na

4 Likes

Re: Ten Ways To Tap Into The Real Estate Industry And Make Profit by JesusJesus: 1:50pm On Nov 23, 2020
Ok
Re: Ten Ways To Tap Into The Real Estate Industry And Make Profit by grandlexuz(m): 1:51pm On Nov 23, 2020
H
Re: Ten Ways To Tap Into The Real Estate Industry And Make Profit by Billionaire9ja(m): 1:51pm On Nov 23, 2020
slawormiir:
Damnnn niggarrrr
Isoright...

Billionaire9ja:

Slawormii is the Icon of Nairaland while helinues and bbqgrillers are the boko of naira land.

Once on Monday twice on friday
Re: Ten Ways To Tap Into The Real Estate Industry And Make Profit by 9jayes: 1:52pm On Nov 23, 2020
If you need money to start dm
Re: Ten Ways To Tap Into The Real Estate Industry And Make Profit by naijadrivablog: 1:54pm On Nov 23, 2020
Hmmm. I just de observe.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

DIY: Construction Of 4 Units Of 2-bedrooms Terraces [Ikorodu-I] / Young Man Laments As Flood Carries Away His Properties In Akwa Ibom. Photos / Please Judge This Case For Me, Between Me And My Tenant.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.