Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,510 members, 7,808,865 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:15 PM

ADP Drags Obaseki To Court, Wants Edo Election Nullified - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / ADP Drags Obaseki To Court, Wants Edo Election Nullified (31087 Views)

ADP, LP Win Senate, Reps Rerun Elections In Plateau / Azeez Adesiji Decamps To ADP With 6200 APC Members / ADP Pulls Out Of Pdp-led Coalition Against Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ADP Drags Obaseki To Court, Wants Edo Election Nullified by garfield1: 3:55pm On Oct 06, 2020
fergie001:

He needs only Primary School School & education in Secondary School, not necessarily WAEC & Candidature Status qualifies him.

forged tax clearance in aid to his disqualification as well do not stand.

No,dont misconstrue that part.just like in diri,if he submits any forged cert,he stands disq
Re: ADP Drags Obaseki To Court, Wants Edo Election Nullified by Eriokanmi: 3:58pm On Oct 06, 2020
Royalfurnitures:
Hand of APC from behind

Your home is incomplete without good quality furniture thats why we are here for you
we know. They'd fail again and again. We saw it coming. They're still dreaming

2 Likes

Re: ADP Drags Obaseki To Court, Wants Edo Election Nullified by garfield1: 3:58pm On Oct 06, 2020
electhnd:

my brother he concerns him oooooo, he told APC osagie, but Osagie said that he will not proceed with it, that's why he went thru this way

No,osagie already filed cases in court before the elections and said he will continue the case
Re: ADP Drags Obaseki To Court, Wants Edo Election Nullified by fergie001: 3:58pm On Oct 06, 2020
garfield1:

No,dont misconstrue that part.just like in diri,if he submits any forged cert,he stands disq
What I mean is that..just like Obaseki, that have to prove he forged his Certificate.

I am not going to forgery cases because it is a complicated matter entirely.
Re: ADP Drags Obaseki To Court, Wants Edo Election Nullified by garfield1: 3:59pm On Oct 06, 2020
fergie001:

INEC UI & Police are the determinants.
I even doubt of the case has come up for mentions sef/

Hahahahahaha, but SC removed Ihedioha & pre- Gov Lyon nah.

That of Lyon was a rarity and highly faulty.it may be used to remove obsseki

2 Likes

Re: ADP Drags Obaseki To Court, Wants Edo Election Nullified by AMUNSI23(f): 4:00pm On Oct 06, 2020
Noise makers every where
Re: ADP Drags Obaseki To Court, Wants Edo Election Nullified by Eriokanmi: 4:00pm On Oct 06, 2020
muykem:
Supreme court statement on a candidate participated in two political parties primary for the same election will be tested.
obaseki never participated in the apc primaries. Rather, he was disqualified by the screening committee ahead of the exercise so he decamped to participate in the pdp primaries

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: ADP Drags Obaseki To Court, Wants Edo Election Nullified by fergie001: 4:00pm On Oct 06, 2020
garfield1:

That of Lyon was a rarity and highly faulty.it may be used to remove obsseki
I have told you Lyon's problem severally....he had bad lawyers, simple.

APC's cases against SHAIBU
In the other suit marked FHC/B/CS/75/2020, which has Shaibu, PDP and INEC as first, second and third respondents, respectively, the plaintiffs, apart from accusing Shaibu of also parading false academic documents, want him disqualified for presenting forged tax clearance certificate to INEC in 2006 in aid of his qualification for the 2007 House of Assembly election in Edo State in 2007.

On Shaibu’s academic record, the plaintiffs claimed discrepancies and alleged forgery in his WAEC result, adding that Shaibu’s claim that he obtained a Master of Business Administration (MBA) from the University of Benin in 2012 was false.
Re: ADP Drags Obaseki To Court, Wants Edo Election Nullified by sylve11: 4:04pm On Oct 06, 2020
fergie001:

Painful but true.
You have said it all.

Agi v PDP 2016
Atiku v Buhari 2019
Akinlade v Abiodun
Useni v Lalong

Anyone who have judiciously followed these cases know where this will end.

You have really been following up cases o. I lost interest in Nigerian Politics long time ago. They can amend constitution on the very day a case would be decided. sad cool

1 Like

Re: ADP Drags Obaseki To Court, Wants Edo Election Nullified by Majestybaba92(m): 4:06pm On Oct 06, 2020
I know it will result to this
Re: ADP Drags Obaseki To Court, Wants Edo Election Nullified by Eriokanmi: 4:06pm On Oct 06, 2020
garfield1:

You may not agree with me but it seems obaseki lied on oath firstly according to ADP.
Secondly,they are claiming that he forged his bsc.I dont think they can prove this.
Thirdly,they are claiming that he never attended primary school having not indicated so in the inec personal form.

Obaseki will trash Oshiomhole hiding under ADP a million times in court. I hope UI is seeing all these bunkum. Me I no get that kain patience cos I for Don sue whoever is challenging this, including the ADP for libel. They said his bsc cert was defective and not fake anymore. lol. Isorite

Obaseki mustn't take this lightly anymore. I hope he does the needful though. Enough! They said his nysc was defective and he approached the body for correction of his name, same with UI and all of that was done but they don't want to rest. Is it possible in Nigeria for one not to go through a primary education and jump to the higher level? This is laughable.

Guys, just accept the fate of your candidate in edo and move on. Ize-iyamu don go church for thanksgiving already. Case closed!

2 Likes

Re: ADP Drags Obaseki To Court, Wants Edo Election Nullified by Confirmedzombie: 4:06pm On Oct 06, 2020
Amotolongbo:
ADP is Oshiomhole by proxy. grin tongue
Oshiomhole has to look for another party to challenge the election result, making sure Obaseki doesn’t eventually make the second mandate given to him.

Exercise in futility

I am a strong supporter of Obaseki but i can tell you that the grounds of this petition has lots of weight.

We just have to pray that this matter is withdrawn otherwise i dont see Obaseki escaping judgement.

At times we should learn to speak the truth and put sentiment aside.

Let Gods will prevail.
Re: ADP Drags Obaseki To Court, Wants Edo Election Nullified by fergie001: 4:06pm On Oct 06, 2020
sylve11:

You have really been following up cases o. I lost interest in Nigerian Politics long time ago. They can amend constitution on the very day a case would be decided. sad cool
My brother, na so we see am for we country.
Re: ADP Drags Obaseki To Court, Wants Edo Election Nullified by Yebosola(m): 4:09pm On Oct 06, 2020
electhnd:

my brother he concerns him oooooo, he told APC osagie, but Osagie said that he will not proceed with it, that's why he went thru this way

Conspiracy theory, u better go and face ADP instead of shouting Oshio, an adage says"Nah small tree fig deh blind eyes oh"
Re: ADP Drags Obaseki To Court, Wants Edo Election Nullified by Unigrad: 4:14pm On Oct 06, 2020
Obaseki second term is starting on 12th of Next month. Let's congratulate him once again.
Re: ADP Drags Obaseki To Court, Wants Edo Election Nullified by fergie001: 4:16pm On Oct 06, 2020
Unigrad:
Obaseki second term is starting on 12th of Next month.
Let's congratulate him once again.
I have sent him mine since 20th of last month.
Re: ADP Drags Obaseki To Court, Wants Edo Election Nullified by Unigrad: 4:17pm On Oct 06, 2020
fergie001:
I have sent him mine since 20th of last month.
Good one.

1 Like

Re: ADP Drags Obaseki To Court, Wants Edo Election Nullified by tnerro1(m): 4:17pm On Oct 06, 2020
Dem surpose use bottle shave this guy beard grin

1 Like

Re: ADP Drags Obaseki To Court, Wants Edo Election Nullified by Unigrad: 4:19pm On Oct 06, 2020
Oshiomole governed Edo State without primary school certificate. He was so fortunate then.
Re: ADP Drags Obaseki To Court, Wants Edo Election Nullified by garfield1: 4:21pm On Oct 06, 2020
fergie001:

I have told you Lyon's problem severally....he had bad lawyers, simple.

APC's cases against SHAIBU
In the other suit marked FHC/B/CS/75/2020, which has Shaibu, PDP and INEC as first, second and third respondents, respectively, the plaintiffs, apart from accusing Shaibu of also parading false academic documents, want him disqualified for presenting forged tax clearance certificate to INEC in 2006 in aid of his qualification for the 2007 House of Assembly election in Edo State in 2007.

On Shaibu’s academic record, the plaintiffs claimed discrepancies and alleged forgery in his WAEC result, adding that Shaibu’s claim that he obtained a Master of Business Administration (MBA) from the University of Benin in 2012 was false.

What removed Lyon was him presenting his waec and fslc certificates when the law says it is not mandatory to submit it to inec.all you need to do is to indicate that you have it.anybody challenging it will be on the losing side.that is why buhari did not submit his,he simply filled in the inec form that he is qualified.
Re: ADP Drags Obaseki To Court, Wants Edo Election Nullified by garfield1: 4:21pm On Oct 06, 2020
sylve11:

Gbam esp when it involves a sacred cow.
Re: ADP Drags Obaseki To Court, Wants Edo Election Nullified by Emyzoloye5(m): 4:26pm On Oct 06, 2020
the petition lacks merit and will be dismissed entirely

1 Like

Re: ADP Drags Obaseki To Court, Wants Edo Election Nullified by garfield1: 4:28pm On Oct 06, 2020
fergie001:

What I mean is that..just like Obaseki, that have to prove he forged his Certificate.

I am not going to forgery cases because it is a complicated matter entirely.

It is not complicated.section 133 or so says for you to be qualified,you must be up to 40,must be a Nigerian and must have attained ssce or its equivalent.this also serves as grounds for disqualification.
Now in bayo vs njidda 2004 and buhari vs atiki,it is not mandatory to submit your qualification documents to inec,just indicate that you are qualified.but if you now submit documents showing that you went to sec school or you are 40 or you are a Nigerian and it is found to be false like in degi's case,you stand disqualified..but if you submit anything outside what 133 specifies like nysc,tax clearance etc,it cannot affect you.
Re: ADP Drags Obaseki To Court, Wants Edo Election Nullified by fergie001: 4:28pm On Oct 06, 2020
garfield1:

What removed Lyon was him presenting his waec and fslc certificates when the law says it is not mandatory to submit it to inec.all you need to do is to indicate that you have it.anybody challenging it will be on the losing side.that is why buhari did not submit his,he simply filled in the inec form that he is qualified.
That's why I said Degi & his lawyers didn't do well.
Degi didn't submit one document....Degi submitted 4 or 5, all with different names...haba.
How can one start defending it?
Where will you even start from sef!...that's it.

His lawyers should have advised him before presenting them on his form.

Not even affidavits oooo....CERTIFICATES.
Re: ADP Drags Obaseki To Court, Wants Edo Election Nullified by garfield1: 4:32pm On Oct 06, 2020
fergie001:

That's why I said Degi & his lawyers didn't do well.
Degi didn't submit one document....Degi submitted 4 or 5, all with different names...haba.
How can one start defending it?
Where will you even start from sef!...that's it.

His lawyers should have advised him before presenting them on his form.

Not even affidavits oooo....CERTIFICATES.

Finally,we are on the same page.every politician should have one SAN on his payroll to avoid such
Re: ADP Drags Obaseki To Court, Wants Edo Election Nullified by fergie001: 4:35pm On Oct 06, 2020
garfield1:

It is not complicated.section 133 or so says for you to be qualified,you must be up to 40,must be a Nigerian and must have attained ssce or its equivalent.this also serves as grounds for disqualification.
Now in bayo vs njidda 2004 and buhari vs atiki,it is not mandatory to submit your qualification documents to inec,just indicate that you are qualified.but if you now submit documents showing that you went to sec school or you are 40 or you are a Nigerian and it is found to be false like in degi's case,you stand disqualified..but if you submit anything outside what 133 specifies like nysc,tax clearance etc,it cannot affect you.
Yes, I agree....It isn't mandatory.
The Constitutional age is 35 for Governors.

It didn't say SSCE...Section 177 of the 1999 Constitution says School Certificate or its equivalent.

Section 318(2) of the 1999 Constitution defines that proviso which means that Primary School can even qualify.

There is a difference between false affidavit in aid of one's qualification and forged Certificates.

False declaration on oath or false affidavit in aid of one's qualification cannot remove a Governor following precedence, only a FORGED CERTIFICATE can. It must come under criminality and must be proven without a stint of doubt) for it to thrive.

The big question is....What is an affidavit and what is a certificate?
Re: ADP Drags Obaseki To Court, Wants Edo Election Nullified by Nuhupeter(m): 4:36pm On Oct 06, 2020
[quote author=FarahAideed post=94667673]See the angle Oshiomole is coming through,

Waiting cosine Oshomole in this case now?

Have you ever hear say Oshomole the sponsors ADP before? Haba be careful in whatever you are saying ooooooo.
Re: ADP Drags Obaseki To Court, Wants Edo Election Nullified by therajah: 4:40pm On Oct 06, 2020
Hmmn! The hand is esau's but the voice is Jacob's.
Oshiomole try more!!
Re: ADP Drags Obaseki To Court, Wants Edo Election Nullified by 2cribz: 4:51pm On Oct 06, 2020
ADP. lol. When ize iyamu don hang boot.

1 Like

Re: ADP Drags Obaseki To Court, Wants Edo Election Nullified by garfield1: 4:55pm On Oct 06, 2020
fergie001:

Yes, I agree....It isn't mandatory.
The Constitutional age is 35 for Governors.

It didn't say SSCE...Section 177 of the 1999 Constitution says School Certificate or its equivalent.

Section 318(2) of the 1999 Constitution defines that proviso which means that Primary School can even qualify.

There is a difference between false affidavit in aid of one's qualification and forged Certificates.

False declaration on oath or false affidavit in aid of one's qualification cannot remove a Governor following precedence, only a FORGED CERTIFICATE can. It must come under criminality and must be proven without a stint of doubt) for it to thrive.

The big question is....What is an affidavit and what is a certificate?

You are prolonging this issue.we were already in the same page.whether 35 or 40,you must be up to the required age...

I never said false affidavits,I said forged certificates.I am no longer talking about obaseki but shuaibu and his allegedly forged waec...
The law says false information in aid of qualification",it is referring to the grounds of qualification in 133 alone.any forged documents submitted based on this disqualifies shuaibu whether neco,waec or GCE.

Talking about false affidavits,when discrepancies were discovered in his certs,he presented affidavits which did not save him.therefore it can be a ground.
But in summary if shuaibu presented a forged waec,he stands disq
Re: ADP Drags Obaseki To Court, Wants Edo Election Nullified by fergie001: 4:56pm On Oct 06, 2020
garfield1:
That's all.
Re: ADP Drags Obaseki To Court, Wants Edo Election Nullified by fergie001: 5:01pm On Oct 06, 2020
garfield1:
That's all.

I would have loved someone to help us with what these guys presented to INEC in 2016.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Appointment Of Service Chiefs: 25 Generals Asked To Retire Within 6 Weeks / Bwala To Fubara: Demolish Wike's Properties Not On Masterplan / INEC Fixes Imo Supplementary Election For April 25

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.