Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,719 members, 7,805,962 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 09:15 AM

11 Years In Medical School- Imsu Medical Students Cry Out - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / 11 Years In Medical School- Imsu Medical Students Cry Out (40922 Views)

Parents, Students Cry Out As Universities Hike Fees / Lead City University Nursing Students Cry Out Over Poor Hostel After Paying 200k / We Are Being Raped, Robbed — Ilaro Poly Students Cry For Help (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 11 Years In Medical School- Imsu Medical Students Cry Out by ikorodureporta: 7:36pm On Oct 06, 2020
dis na vuth
Re: 11 Years In Medical School- Imsu Medical Students Cry Out by discusant: 7:41pm On Oct 06, 2020
Biodun556:

I don't know how to describe these Igbos honestly. This is serious.

Not Igbos but Imo state where development of the state with institutions of government are limited to the state capital.

Anything outside the state capital is frustrated.
Eastern Palm University built for the state university by Okorocha government is lying idle.

Adams Oshiomwole administration built a university in Oshiomwole’s native area.

His successors quickly started to use the university as state university.

Imo state, not all Igbo states, is a peculiar state underdeveloped by parochial politics.
Re: 11 Years In Medical School- Imsu Medical Students Cry Out by francdec4(m): 7:44pm On Oct 06, 2020
Hmmm
Re: 11 Years In Medical School- Imsu Medical Students Cry Out by lastempero: 7:45pm On Oct 06, 2020
Make them give una wack license so una go begin kill people.
Re: 11 Years In Medical School- Imsu Medical Students Cry Out by Cmanforall: 7:46pm On Oct 06, 2020
apatheticme:
Doctors go through a lot in Nigerian med schools especially the state owned and funded med schools.

Yet, they are castigated when they decide to leave the country or go on strike to demand for their rightful pay!

Nigeria as a country is frustrating!
I think some universities need to take part of the blame, not just the government.

1 Like

Re: 11 Years In Medical School- Imsu Medical Students Cry Out by drololaaof: 7:54pm On Oct 06, 2020
Supreme governor do the needful sir
Re: 11 Years In Medical School- Imsu Medical Students Cry Out by discusant: 7:58pm On Oct 06, 2020
Newsjamz:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g9GEKM1KaRQ

This is the Current state of the Place
Sorry and Sorrow of Imo state.

People shooting themselves on the feet because of clannish and parochial politics.
DELSUTH in Oghara and other state university teaching hospitals established outside the state capital the same time as IMSUTH, have since become functioning university teaching hospitals.

Some Imo people continue to frustrate IMSUTH and love to travel outside Imo state for the services of a university teaching hospital.
Re: 11 Years In Medical School- Imsu Medical Students Cry Out by Gerrard59(m): 8:00pm On Oct 06, 2020
Odey2:
Check my post, my service is not free as a matter of fact its expensive. 1m naira. 500k upfront and 500k when you get the new BVN. Do you think this is legal, its a high risk service. When you find yourselves in a BVN watchlist situation, trust me you will be looking and begging to pay for my service.

Like seriously, you expect people to believe you? When you are not their bank officers?

Olodo!
Re: 11 Years In Medical School- Imsu Medical Students Cry Out by ike95: 8:06pm On Oct 06, 2020
IMO state is one of the poorest state in Nigeria now, it's a pity my state is gone, no good road in IMO state, tufiakwa
Re: 11 Years In Medical School- Imsu Medical Students Cry Out by goodheart02(m): 8:15pm On Oct 06, 2020
That has been the plight of IMSU. My stay at IMSU medical school was a very frustrating one and I wouldn't wish such for anyone. Almost made me abandon my dream of being a doctor in my first clinical year. I don't want to even talk about the constant loss of accreditation and lack of cadaver for dissection during my pre-clinical days.

Imsu is a shit hole.
Re: 11 Years In Medical School- Imsu Medical Students Cry Out by apatheticme(f): 8:25pm On Oct 06, 2020
Cmanforall:

I think some universities need to take part of the blame, not just the government.

True!

Some universities have terribly protracted med school calendar plus they unnecessarily extend clinical postings and rotations through some units.
Re: 11 Years In Medical School- Imsu Medical Students Cry Out by naijamerican: 8:26pm On Oct 06, 2020
Nigeria is trash
Re: 11 Years In Medical School- Imsu Medical Students Cry Out by 99thEnemy(m): 8:33pm On Oct 06, 2020
Almost same thing with Benue State University medical students,

Their most senior set in final year currently started in 2010.
They can have like 3 sets in one class.

The First set to graduate in medicine in 2015 stayed 10 years through school, same with all others that followed.
then imagine those that have been repeating.

This year they were supposed to graduate two sets, they graduated one and the other one couldn't finish up to graduated later because of covid-19
Re: 11 Years In Medical School- Imsu Medical Students Cry Out by Ayilara1(m): 8:41pm On Oct 06, 2020
Newsjamz:
Medical students in Imo state University have taken to Tweeter to express frustration over prolonged stay in Medical school.

The Students in the Final years class have officially entered their eleventh straight year in the institution and with no hope of graduation anytime soon.

They have used the hashtag #Saveimsuth to propel their cry in the micro Blogging platform Tweeter and it's currently trending.

This current agitation for a drastic measures to be taken in Imsuth was fuelled by news that Medical and Dental council of Nigeria are threatening to withdraw accreditation to the institution which will mean that no graduation will take place .

The Medical College has since lost the NUC accreditation which prevented Imsu from admitting Medical students to it's fold.

A video circulating Online allegedly taken on the day of this report shows the institution is now in a deplorable state with decayed infrastructure.

All these in addition to lack of Man power due to shortage of Lecturers have seen the College of medicine reach an all time low .

The Government have all but pay lip service to the plight of Imsuth and the college of Medicine imsu with little or no action.

The Governor promised to bring the institution to world class standard in a recent meeting he held with some USA Medical team in Nigeria.

The Imsuth road construction already started by the sacked former Governor of Imo state has been Abandoned and getting to an unmotorable condition.

Remember, that is the only road leading to the Hospital .

The #Saveimsuth cry on Twitter has been joined by Many notable Influencers most especially Aproko doctor Who recounted his ugly Ordeal at the Institution while serving there as a house officer .

Others well meaning Nigerians have lent their voice to the #Saveimsuth Cry on Tweeter.

The Government should take prompt and Save Imsuth

#Saveimsuth

Akubude Jesse writes from Imo state

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=3545601188852583&id=100002082102529

We want biafra

1 Like

Re: 11 Years In Medical School- Imsu Medical Students Cry Out by Iykolysis: 8:50pm On Oct 06, 2020
[quote author=lefulefu post=94674994]why would ur BVN be under a watchlist?
except u doing something illegal[/quo

Guys ignore this hungry scammer. Go and push wheel barrow.

1 Like

Re: 11 Years In Medical School- Imsu Medical Students Cry Out by chijiox05(m): 9:07pm On Oct 06, 2020
And one supreme court fool is somewhere setting up another state university of Agriculture.
It's indeed UNFORTUNATE!!!
Newsjamz:
Medical students in Imo state University have taken to Tweeter to express frustration over prolonged stay in Medical school.

The Students in the Final years class have officially entered their eleventh straight year in the institution and with no hope of graduation anytime soon.

They have used the hashtag #Saveimsuth to propel their cry in the micro Blogging platform Tweeter and it's currently trending.

This current agitation for a drastic measures to be taken in Imsuth was fuelled by news that Medical and Dental council of Nigeria are threatening to withdraw accreditation to the institution which will mean that no graduation will take place .

The Medical College has since lost the NUC accreditation which prevented Imsu from admitting Medical students to it's fold.

A video circulating Online allegedly taken on the day of this report shows the institution is now in a deplorable state with decayed infrastructure.

All these in addition to lack of Man power due to shortage of Lecturers have seen the College of medicine reach an all time low .

The Government have all but pay lip service to the plight of Imsuth and the college of Medicine imsu with little or no action.

The Governor promised to bring the institution to world class standard in a recent meeting he held with some USA Medical team in Nigeria.

The Imsuth road construction already started by the sacked former Governor of Imo state has been Abandoned and getting to an unmotorable condition.

The #Saveimsuth cry on Twitter has been joined by Many notable Influencers most especially Aproko doctor Who recounted his ugly Ordeal at the Institution while serving there as a house officer .

Others well meaning Nigerians have lent their voice to the #Saveimsuth Cry on Tweeter.

#Saveimsuth

Re: 11 Years In Medical School- Imsu Medical Students Cry Out by maasoap(m): 9:08pm On Oct 06, 2020
Sonnobax15:
grin.

11years ?
how many years person dey stay for life before him dey kick Jerry can??

within that 11years,person wey enter poly go don do him OND,plus HND join...even go do NYSC self Even run Pgd,plus masters join.

las Las, after that 11years,carry patient wey get small headache go give them to treat,na then you go see them finish via say them no receive the proper training.....

What I was thinking. Waste of a lifetime!
Re: 11 Years In Medical School- Imsu Medical Students Cry Out by maasoap(m): 9:18pm On Oct 06, 2020
payloader:
Even with all these nonsenses happening in Naija, many morons in Nairaland will still apologize for the failures in power. They forget that these failures promised to change the status quo set by the former admin. Shame on our clueless leaders and their apologists.

It's ironic you couldn't identify the real slowpoke even when looking in the mirror. May be you forgot that power sector was already to cronies of Jonathan and himself at peanut but with over 8 billion dollars buying back clause. You will receive sense one day that there's a difference between promise and reality.

The fact that you referred to the present administration as "these failures" and the previous government that sold everything as "former admin" clearly showed how unpatriotic you are
Re: 11 Years In Medical School- Imsu Medical Students Cry Out by Nobody: 9:18pm On Oct 06, 2020
Shey na by force to be doctor? I rather study nursing or pharmacy.
Re: 11 Years In Medical School- Imsu Medical Students Cry Out by NaMe4: 9:59pm On Oct 06, 2020
99thEnemy:
Almost same thing with Benue State University medical students,

Their most senior set in final year currently started in 2010.
They can have like 3 sets in one class.

The First set to graduate in medicine in 2015 stayed 10 years through school, same with all others that followed.
then imagine those that have been repeating.

This year they were supposed to graduate two sets, they graduated one and the other one couldn't finish up to graduated later because of covid-19

The average duration of medical school in Nigeria is 9 to 10 years. Many of your peers graduate and even complete masters programs while med students would be preparing for exams.

I spent 9 years in med school. My younger sibling also spent 9 years in another med school in the Country.
Re: 11 Years In Medical School- Imsu Medical Students Cry Out by obstead200(m): 12:11am On Oct 07, 2020
Newsjamz:

#Saveimsuth

not surprised.
My ex girlfriend studied medicine in imsu. She spent 10 solid years there
Re: 11 Years In Medical School- Imsu Medical Students Cry Out by 99thEnemy(m): 2:08am On Oct 07, 2020
NaMe4:

The average duration of medical school in Nigeria is 9 to 10 years. Many of your peers graduate and even complete masters programs while med students would be preparing for exams.

I spent 9 years in med school. My younger sibling also spent 9 years in another med school in the Country.

The good thing is that you guys are able to forget your sorrows fast in few years cause the labour market in your field is favorable.
Re: 11 Years In Medical School- Imsu Medical Students Cry Out by ofiko123(m): 2:47am On Oct 07, 2020
I have said it times without number school for naija Na scam..
Re: 11 Years In Medical School- Imsu Medical Students Cry Out by supereagle(m): 5:53am On Oct 07, 2020
The school was doing well when Achike and Ohakim were there. Things started going down when Rochas came on board. His first tenure was good too.
Re: 11 Years In Medical School- Imsu Medical Students Cry Out by Nobody: 6:18am On Oct 07, 2020
Just ask a Medical student, who have spent long years in university. If he remember what he or she learnt in his first year, if the person will remember, The government want to use it to waste youthful age, that is why they are so greedy. 11 years of looting and 11 years of graduating from a medicine, just compare it with how people will value you in the society in Nigeria. You will know that this our leaders are really evil, they dont want someone to progress. They just only know their own.... pocket...
Re: 11 Years In Medical School- Imsu Medical Students Cry Out by Nobody: 6:23am On Oct 07, 2020
IMSU has medical school? It had better be closed, people who have F9 in biology, chemistry and physics are not qualified tobbe labtechs talkless of doctors.

This school has been churning out quacks.
Re: 11 Years In Medical School- Imsu Medical Students Cry Out by Cetacean419: 3:41pm On Oct 08, 2020
As much as I would like to Side doctors in this matter Nigeria medical school is one of the cheapest in the world. From Makere to university of Ghana, to Egypt to Pretoria all are expensive . That is why Our teaching hospitals are ill. You are asking for high pay when your fees are cheap.
Well the truth of the matter is education in Nigeria is poorly funded
Re: 11 Years In Medical School- Imsu Medical Students Cry Out by datapanel(m): 1:08pm On Jul 11, 2023
Re: 11 Years In Medical School- Imsu Medical Students Cry Out by datapanel(m): 1:09pm On Jul 11, 2023

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Panic In Ondo Schools Over Vaccination (Photos, Video) / Photo Of Overcrowded Lecture Hall In UNN / University Of Lagos Dli (distance Learning Institute) Results

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.