Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,682 members, 7,805,813 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 06:29 AM

Kolo Toure Fails Drug Test ! - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Kolo Toure Fails Drug Test ! (4848 Views)

10 Barcelona Players Facing Drug Test. / Kolo Toure & Emmanuel Adebayo Fighting Like Thugs In Training / Ivorians E Eboue And Kolo Toure Are Good For Arsenal! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Kolo Toure Fails Drug Test ! by wales(m): 6:22am On Mar 04, 2011
Manchester City have suspended defender Kolo Toure after he failed a drug test.

Toure, 29, will take no part in first-team and reserve matches until the investigation is complete.

A club statement read, “Manchester City confirm that the FA has informed Kolo Toure that an ‘A-sample’ provided by him has tested positive for a specified substance.

“As a result of this, he has been suspended from participating in all first team and non-first team matches pending the outcome of the legal process.

“There will be no further comment from the football club at this stage.”

A ‘specified substance’ is, as the World Anti-Doping Agency defines it, one that is “more susceptible to a credible, non-doping explanation”. The punishment for a positive test ranges from a warning to a two-year ban.

Toure joined City in a £14 million deal from Arsenal in 2009 and served as the club’s captain until Carlos Tevez in the summer.

http://www.punchng.com/Articl.aspx?theartic=Art20110304227273
Re: Kolo Toure Fails Drug Test ! by Beaf: 6:24am On Mar 04, 2011
Is he a Buhari supporter? lol
Re: Kolo Toure Fails Drug Test ! by fstranger3(m): 6:30am On Mar 04, 2011
He is prolly a GEJ supporter.

I am waiting for GEJ to come out and clear Kolo Toure of any wrong doing. His comment would prolly go like this:

Kolo Toure did not use drugs, the drugs actually used him. I am sure of this because I know how those drugs hate black people. That is what they did to me and my fish when I was in grad school."
Re: Kolo Toure Fails Drug Test ! by Nobody: 6:31am On Mar 04, 2011
Who cares?!!
Dude is one sexy piece of machine. Phewww!!! Is my laptop burning or what?
Why cant our Nigerian autopopoyo of men fix themselves up like this?

[img]http://2.bp..com/_XIOBk4rtWNg/Sm9bnwHF-LI/AAAAAAAAADQ/M_6G_0okNAc/s400/toure.jpg[/img]
Re: Kolo Toure Fails Drug Test ! by Nobody: 6:32am On Mar 04, 2011
Lookatthatazz!

Re: Kolo Toure Fails Drug Test ! by fstranger3(m): 6:38am On Mar 04, 2011
On a more serious note.

This is a big disaster and very very very unexpected. I have always wondered where he gets his energy and great focus from. He rarely loses concentration like Eboue and other defenders, and that seriously has always unsettled me. I wont be surprised if Tevez tests positive as well.

This is a sad day for English football, a sad day for African football and a very sad day for world football in general. One of the finest defenders to ever grace the game. What a pity!

One just hope that he is cleared at the end of the day. Lets hope it was unintentional and a one time thing.

Good luck Kolo Toure.
Re: Kolo Toure Fails Drug Test ! by bkbabe97y(m): 6:44am On Mar 04, 2011
fstranger3:

On a more serious note.

This is a big disaster and very very very unexpected. I have always wondered where he gets his energy and great focus from. He rarely loses concentration like Eboue and other defenders, and that seriously has always unsettled me. I wont be surprised if Tevez tests positive as well.

This is a sad day for English football, a sad day for African football and a very sad day for world football in general. One of the finest defenders to ever grace the game. What a pity!

One just hope that he is cleared at the end of the day. Lets hope it was unintentional and a one time thing.

Good luck Kolo Toure.

Ezeuche would pro'lly try to convince the anti-doping officials that : "I SWEAR, I'M CLEAN! IN NIGERIA EVEN WHEN WE 'DIRTY' WE'RE ACTUALLY STILL 'CLEAN. . . . WOULD YOU BELIEVE IF I TOLD YOU I WAS BORN BOTH IN AFRICA AND NORTH AMERICA AT THE SAME TIME? YES? NO? OK. . . NOW U GET MY POINT!"

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-616390.0.html
Re: Kolo Toure Fails Drug Test ! by mukina2: 12:01pm On Mar 04, 2011
fstranger3:

On a more serious note.

This is a sad day for English football, a sad day for African football and  a very sad day for world football in general. One of the finest defenders to ever grace the game. What a pity!

Good luck Kolo Toure.
I felt really bad last nite when i read this story.
Kolo is one of the good guys, even though he is no more a gunner but i respect him   and am sure a lot of other gunners do too.
i was shocked cry had it been cashley or adegoat i would believe grin
Re: Kolo Toure Fails Drug Test ! by Nobody: 12:11pm On Mar 04, 2011
Ileke-IdI:

Who cares?!!

[img]http://2.bp..com/_XIOBk4rtWNg/Sm9bnwHF-LI/AAAAAAAAADQ/M_6G_0okNAc/s400/toure.jpg[/img]

Lmafo at bolded, why you con dey fall my naijaboiz hand like dat na, Maybe you've been observing the wrong set of dudes
Re: Kolo Toure Fails Drug Test ! by Ibomade1: 12:22pm On Mar 04, 2011
Wonders will never end. Was shell-shocked yesterday. I hope it is not true
Re: Kolo Toure Fails Drug Test ! by sweetguy10(m): 12:57pm On Mar 04, 2011
I knew it all along , the guy's always running and sweats a little . Tevez , Aguero should be checked as well these two guys plays like man made machine
Re: Kolo Toure Fails Drug Test ! by Ekpoma1: 1:04pm On Mar 04, 2011
Good 4 him. Everyday 4 d cheat one day 4 d real owner. I wonder why u pple are showin sympathy 4 him. Na wa 4 Nigerians sef. That serve him rite.
Re: Kolo Toure Fails Drug Test ! by legba1(m): 1:32pm On Mar 04, 2011
NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!this sholudnt happen to kolo,i like him as a defender.very consistent.may be the drug had been helping him.lets await the outcome of the investigation.
@ileke idi.you definitely must be living in the remote location.if you'd been living around my crib,you'd have noticed wel built,handsome dudes like me.naija men are not atutupoyoyo,ok.
Re: Kolo Toure Fails Drug Test ! by Nobody: 1:37pm On Mar 04, 2011
[size=15pt]What a shame. [/size] undecided
Re: Kolo Toure Fails Drug Test ! by fstranger3(m): 2:00pm On Mar 04, 2011
mukina2:

I felt really bad last nite when i read this story.
Kolo is one of the good guys, even though he is no more a gunner but i respect him   and am sure a lot of other gunners do too.
i was shocked cry had it been cashley or adegoat i would believe grin

I like him a lot. Very dedicated, very hardworking, very likable, very competent. Rarely complains. Hope it is not a set-up or something. I am really praying for him. I hope he makes it out of this ordeal, stronger and better than before. He doesnt dive like DD. Very strong both on and off the ball. I still feel that Wenger made a big mistake selling him to City.

Anyway, I hope he is cleared. I hope the B sample comes out Negative. I hope somewhere someone made a mistake. I just hope this is not true. He is one of those people you root for, even when they are playing against your team.

God help him. I hope his colleagues rally round him. He needs them now more than at any other time.
Re: Kolo Toure Fails Drug Test ! by Abayomin70(m): 2:11pm On Mar 04, 2011
nice one
Re: Kolo Toure Fails Drug Test ! by donobi(m): 2:12pm On Mar 04, 2011
they should check Essien, Messi, and Gattusso they play as if they are machine.
Re: Kolo Toure Fails Drug Test ! by russellino: 2:15pm On Mar 04, 2011
Ileke-IdI:

Who cares?!!

Take your time O ! You don see ME before? You would probably faint upon a mere glimpse of my sexy two pack wink
Re: Kolo Toure Fails Drug Test ! by rasputinn(m): 2:40pm On Mar 04, 2011
russellino:

Take your time O ! You don see ME before? You would probably faint upon a mere glimpse of my sexy two pack wink

Sorry,Ileke doesn't fancy guys with two pack,it's SIX-PACKED guys she faints for

Err Ileke,how e dey do you na
Re: Kolo Toure Fails Drug Test ! by duduspace(m): 2:45pm On Mar 04, 2011
Which one be two pack again? is that a new name for moobs and a bulging stomach?
Re: Kolo Toure Fails Drug Test ! by rasputinn(m): 2:47pm On Mar 04, 2011
No biggies,I'm sure the whole saga will soon pass cos Kolo has such a solid personal cred that I believe something went wrong somewhere,I'm sure it's something in one of those Ivorian spices that his moms used to courier to him in the UK that prolly made him fail the so-called test.If they test Yaya's sample,I'm sure he too will fail.
If they're looking for people on drugs,let them look in the direction of Rio Ferdinand and Cashley Cole,while if they want to ascertain which premiership players are spicing up their system with drugs despite the fact their DNA was corrupted from birth,then they should look in the direction of that area boy at Eastlands;Mario Barlotelli
Re: Kolo Toure Fails Drug Test ! by rasputinn(m): 2:48pm On Mar 04, 2011
duduspace:

Which one be two pack again? is that a new name for moobs and a bulging stomach?

grin grin
I trip o
Re: Kolo Toure Fails Drug Test ! by slap1(m): 3:00pm On Mar 04, 2011
Kolo-mental. What a pity, I was really heart-broken to see him leave the Emirates Stadium. We all have our dark sides playing catch-up with our 'bright' sides. I guess his dark side just won.
Re: Kolo Toure Fails Drug Test ! by Nobody: 3:18pm On Mar 04, 2011
All of them smoke and take sth, most especially those ones that wanna set or break records. Those that wanna play all games.Plus Madam for house, make John Terry no come in with hin moves!
Re: Kolo Toure Fails Drug Test ! by ideylaff: 3:21pm On Mar 04, 2011
LOL Na wah oooo, Failing of a drugs test does not mean than Kolo has bn' taking drugs. lol

As Sportsmen they have to be watchful and careful of self medication,  You cannot just buy drugs over the counter

If Kolo did not test positive all his playing days @ asrsenal, he wont be doing drugs now . Thast I clearly can vouch for 80%

The truth will be revealed very soon. Good luck to him

The drug Kolo tested positive to is most likely a component of a flu or malaria drug, but you have to get clearance b4 you take this supplements as a sports man.

The other day Paddy Kenny QPR's goal keeper was banned for 9 months, I think for testing positive to a supplement that is part of a Flu/Cold and Cough Mixture Expectorant that he self medicated on see story below and link 2 as well

So no be say Kolo use drugs oooo

Only a few weeks after signing a contract extension it was reported that Kenny had failed a drug test after the previous season's Championship play-off semi final. He tested positive for ephedrine, a banned substance, believed to have been contained in a cough medicine he bought over the counter.[8] Following an FA hearing in September 2009, he was banned from all professional football for nine months.[9] Despite an unsuccessful appeal against his ban, the Blades still opted to agree a new contract extension with Kenny during his enforced absence from first team football.[10] He started for the first time that season on the 24 April, in a 2–0 win over Swansea City, earning himself a clean sheet.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paddy_Kenny
Re: Kolo Toure Fails Drug Test ! by HNIC(m): 4:16pm On Mar 04, 2011
sad for Kolo.
He may have taken one of dem banned substances unknowingly.
Been a good professional since his days at Arsenal
Re: Kolo Toure Fails Drug Test ! by duduspace(m): 4:43pm On Mar 04, 2011
@ideylaff

I wondered then why they were so hard on Paddy Kenny, I'm not aware that Ephedrine in anyway improves one's reflexes or concentration as a GK, infact I thought it would be counterproductive. And how much stamina exactly do you need as a Goalie?

I feel for Kolo but it does show however that Sports's professionals of any kind shouldn't take anything they ingest or even inhale for granted, they'd better stay far from the scummie's thread and all the weed they smoke in there. grin grin
Re: Kolo Toure Fails Drug Test ! by sley4life(m): 4:54pm On Mar 04, 2011
It shud b investigated thoroughly. If found guilty he shud b sanctioned or jailed depending on d type of substance
Re: Kolo Toure Fails Drug Test ! by Nwaokike(f): 6:03pm On Mar 04, 2011
AW has defended his former player by saying Kolo took his wife's weight pills to battle his weight problems, i dey laugh o. grin grin

http://www.espn.co.uk/football/sport/story/77553.html
Re: Kolo Toure Fails Drug Test ! by fstranger3(m): 6:11pm On Mar 04, 2011
^^^^

Exactly what I thought!

He would be cleared eventually.
Re: Kolo Toure Fails Drug Test ! by Olaisrich(m): 6:36pm On Mar 04, 2011
chei! Kolo Toure don kolo! with that innocent face!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Which Premiership Clubside Is The Most Supported In Nigeria?. / Carling Cup Final: Aston Villa Vs Manchester Utd On Sun, 28th Feb; 4pm Ng Time / UCL: Barcelona Vs Celtic (2 - 1) On 23rd October 2012

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.