Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,967 members, 7,799,285 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 06:29 PM

Grains Business (personal experienced) - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Grains Business (personal experienced) (20354 Views)

Pls Come And Patronize My Grains Business At Cheap Price / Grains Business And Profit Analysis / ‘how To Preserve Beans, Grains Without Poisonous Chemicals’ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Grains Business (personal experienced) by Teetee777: 6:01pm On Oct 06, 2020
Good day my fellow country people, due to my research on grains business on nairaland, i decided to venture into the business, and I need adviser and mentor to guide me on the prices of grains from the northern state.

Today, I have decided to travel down from ibadan to north (kano precisely) to buy grains and I need guidance from experience nairaland to guide me on how to negotiate the price, how to communicate with the sellers because I can't speak or hear hausa language.

Thanks, I will be updating this post of the price of the grains when I get to kano market (dawanau)

New update; 5 June, 2021

I want to continue my thread I opened last year,
1. my experience in grains business,

2..advantages and disadvantages of the business

3. How to compare the measurement of the southern and northern states

4. How to make profit in the business

5. Etc

Ñ b; I just want to give my personal experience in the business so you can go and practice it yourself.

Also I will be updating this thread with the current price of grains in market, states like; Kano, Niger state, taraba, Adamawa and jigawa state where I always buy grains

For those asking for my contact number on price update
08036162887/WhatsApp

5 Likes

Re: Grains Business (personal experienced) by Earthstorms(m): 7:36pm On Oct 06, 2020
Will be following
Re: Grains Business (personal experienced) by shariff84: 7:51pm On Oct 06, 2020
Teetee777:
Good day my fellow country people, due to my research on grains business on nairaland, i decided to venture into the business, and I need adviser and mentor to guide me on the prices of grains from the northern state.

Today, I have decided to travel down from ibadan to north (kano precisely) to buy grains and I need guidance from experience nairaland to guide me on how to negotiate the price, how to communicate with the sellers because I can't speak or hear hausa language.

Thanks, I will be updating this post of the price of the grains when I get to kano market (dawanau)
I can connect you with someone in dawanau,he is trustworthy and he can speak English.He can help you buy everything but you will settle him at the end.

2 Likes

Re: Grains Business (personal experienced) by Teetee777: 8:03pm On Oct 06, 2020
shariff84:
I can connect you with someone in dawanau,he is trustworthy and he can speak English.He can help you buy everything but you will settle him at the end.
Ok, thks, can you give me his no, I'm on my way to abuja now
Re: Grains Business (personal experienced) by shariff84: 9:33pm On Oct 06, 2020
Teetee777:

Ok, thks, can you give me his no, I'm on my way to abuja now
OK WhatsApp me 08032777272
Re: Grains Business (personal experienced) by Teetee777: 5:59am On Jun 05, 2021
If you want to start the grains business please get good location where to sell your grains

When I started my business, I got a location in market place in Ibadan and our market day is always 5day interval, people will bring grains, goods, market from different locations, states, markets to our market to sell in cheap price including those hausas from bodija mrk, and northern state.

I started my business from buying in bodija market to know the market very well because my intention was to be buying the grains from northern states

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Grains Business (personal experienced) by Teetee777: 6:14am On Jun 05, 2021
Thanks to sheriff84, adeniyy in this agriculture section for helping me and their guidance, especially adeniyy as my mentor who showed me the way to some states in northern state.

@adeniyy
I really appreciate your efforts, God will continue to bless you. Presently, I'm in taraba state to buy some market and I'm on way back to Ibadan

N b; to go to northern states to sources for market s, it requires great mind o, if you don't have mind don't bother to leave south o because of insecurities in this country

To be continued

4 Likes

Re: Grains Business (personal experienced) by Krak(m): 10:16am On Jun 05, 2021
Teetee777:

New update; 5 June, 2021

I want to continue my thread I opened last year,
1. my experience in grains business,

2..advantages and disadvantages of the business

3. How to compare the measurement of the southern and northern states

4. How to make profit in the business

5. Etc

Ñ b ; please don't ask me to help you buy grains or partner with me. I just want to give my personal experience in the business so you can go and practice it yourself

Following with rapt attention. I hope to learn from this.
Re: Grains Business (personal experienced) by Teetee777: 11:56am On Jun 05, 2021
When I started buying from bodija market, I discovered early that I didn't make profit, reasons are;
1. Please if you are in Ibadan and reading this, and want to venture into grains business, DON'T ever buying your grains from bodija market

2. In Ibadan, the only Congo the govt approved was 10 tin milk cups/ Congo

3. In all market generally, they have Congo of 10 cups tin milk, 9 cups tin milk, 8½ cups tin milk, 8 cups tin milk etc

4. If you want to buy a bag of grains in bodija market, they have 2 prices; one price for Congo of ten cups and second price for Congo of nine cups

5. In a bag, 10 cups of milk Congo is 65 Congo while 9 cups of milk Congo is 70 congo

So, as a novice in the business, my own Congo is 10 cups of milk, and if you are using Congo of ten tin cups for customers, you wouldn't make profit unless you use Congo of 8 cups milk or Congo of 9 cups tin milk which is dubious practice.

6. In bodija market, they used to dubious practice that if they measure a congo of 10 cups milk tin for you and you get to the house and re-measure it with tin cup, it will never reach 10 cups of tin milk, is eithe you see 8½ or 9 cups of tin milk.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Grains Business (personal experienced) by Alberttahir: 3:55pm On Jun 05, 2021
Nice thread. I'm in, to learn. I wish you success @op in all you'll do in this business. Please keep the thread alive and always update us.
Re: Grains Business (personal experienced) by missbee79: 11:52pm On Jun 05, 2021
I'm following.....thanks. I've been following on Sharif thread. I still want to know more before venturing into it
Re: Grains Business (personal experienced) by Teetee777: 6:53am On Jun 06, 2021
After I discovered that I have made no profit on the business, i decided to travelled to Kano to buy grains, b4 travelled I have known the in and out of the business, the measurement, the types of bag, the grade and types of grains and the prices of all grains in the market.

My journey to Kano, dawanau market

When I got to the market, infarct the market was so big and they have big warehouses were they stored grains.
I entered market and pricing those grains I was interested. In Kano state, they have two mudu, small and big mudu. The big mudu contains 16 cups of tin milk while small mudu contains 8 cups of tin milk.
The big mudu called tiers, so 40 tiers are in a bag of grains generally. I converted the tiers to our own Congo in Ibadan which is;
1 tiers =. 16 cups
40 tiers = 16 * 40 = 640 cups
Our own Congo is 10 cups
So 640 cups ÷ 10 cups = 64 Congos in a bag

After I got the calculation, and asked the price of grains, from there I realized that the price was very high than the price in Ibadan. I called sheriff and I explained everything to him, sheriff asked me to come to Niger state to check their price too.

My journey to Niger state

Before I got back to garage from dawanau market it was around 6pm , I entered Kaduna, from Kaduna I entered kotangora in the next day. When I got to kotangora I called sheriff, he came, we discussed, and he told me that we would go to market next day to check things.

Journey to kotangora changed my business profit

When we entered the market, the first thing I did then was that I checked their mudu with cup of tin milk and I realized that it was the same thing with our Congo in Ibadan. I saw very good rice and the price was very ok compared to our price in Ibadan, the Congo of rice in Ibadan then was 900 to 950 naira and the price of Congo in Niger is 500 naira, I told sheriff that let me buy rice first because I have calculated the profit and I would realized 300 to 350 naira on a Congo.
I got back home infarct the rice was hot cake for me and I make huge profit on it

Advantages
1. Going to the market by yourself, you will see different types of grain and select which one is ok in your local market

2. You will know the price of other grain in the market
3 you will know their measurement compare to your local market

Continue.....

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Grains Business (personal experienced) by Teetee777: 6:13pm On Jun 07, 2021
After the rice, I went back to the market for beans, that was immediately harvest time, I purchased bags of beans which a bag was sold at rate of #24k, when they were still selling at the rate of #40k per bag at our local market, that's good profit.

Anybody who wants to venture into beans storage in this year, December is the best time to buy, the price of a bag of beans in last year December was 19k to 20k, most beans I bought was at the rate of 20k to 21k, compare to the price of beans now in the market, price of a bag of beans now is 55k. If you have 20 bags of beans as a storage then, and store them like 3mths or 4mths, can you see the huge profit someone would make.The same thing apply to soya beans, sorghurm, millet etc

Continue...

12 Likes

Re: Grains Business (personal experienced) by lorhema(f): 10:57am On Jun 08, 2021
Please keep this thread going. It's informative. Thank you.
Re: Grains Business (personal experienced) by IamAsiri: 12:35pm On Jun 08, 2021
Teetee777:
After the rice, I went back to the market for beans, that was immediately harvest time, I purchased bags of beans which a bag was sold at rate of #24k, when they were still selling at the rate of #40k per bag at our local market, that's good profit.

Anybody who wants to venture into beans storage in this year, December is the best time to buy, the price of a bag of beans in last year December was 19k to 20k, most beans I bought was at the rate of 20k to 21k, compare to the price of beans now in the market, price of a bag of beans now is 55k. If you have 20 bags of beans as a storage then, and store them like 3mths or 4mths, can you see the huge profit someone would make.The same thing apply to soya beans, sorghurm, millet etc

Continue...

I have a quick question for you. How were you able to store your beans for long against dampness, weevils etc?

2 Likes

Re: Grains Business (personal experienced) by Teetee777: 1:27pm On Jun 08, 2021
IamAsiri:

I have a quick question for you. How were you able to store your beans for long against dampness, weevils etc?
There is one bag called PICS, BEST, the bag did the wonder without any snipers, or any anti, anti.
The bag can preserve grains for many years

7 Likes

Re: Grains Business (personal experienced) by IamAsiri: 1:56pm On Jun 08, 2021
Teetee777:

There is one bag called PICS, BEST, the bag did the wonder without any snipers, or any anti, anti.
The bag can preserve grains for many years

Thanks for your reply. Please how were you able to get the bags?

3 Likes

Re: Grains Business (personal experienced) by shariff84: 2:01pm On Jun 08, 2021
IamAsiri:

the bags are not difficult,you can get them from me.or if you want to buy plenty from kano.

4 Likes

Re: Grains Business (personal experienced) by Teetee777: 2:03pm On Jun 08, 2021
IamAsiri:

Very easy to get in the north even sheriff can get it

2 Likes

Re: Grains Business (personal experienced) by Teetee777: 2:10pm On Jun 08, 2021
My journey to Yobe state

I used to buy my grains in Niger state generally, atlease I knew almost 10 to 15 farmers market in Niger state where I used to buy my grains and if I did not get chance to travel, I would send money to sheriff to help me out. So I discovered that the olooyi beans has two types;

1. Olooyi beans (banjaras): this is real olooyin beans that very sweet, easy to cook and very expensive than second olooyi. Most of this banjaras beans (olooyin) are coming to Nigeria from camerooum through boarder of Maiduguri and Adamawa

2. This is popular olooyi that every body known in South and it is big than banjaras beans

In last year's December, I bought this Banjaras beans in Niger state, it was very marketable than the second own, after I finished selling the Banjaras beans, I went back to buy more but it was not available in the market. So I decided to buy others oloyin but some of my customers would complain that it's very hard to cook and even some of my customers complain that the beans smell kerosene.

So I stop selling that oloyin and I continue selling drums beans because drums beans has almost or more than 4 types, so I continued my research where I can get oloyin Banjaras beans, during my research I was informed that I should try yobe state that most of the brown beans we are eating in the south west are coming from north east region.
Infact there was drum beans sheriff used to bought for me then, very easy to cook, sweet, even if you don't be careful it would turn to tuwo

N B --All my researched was getting from nairaland, because nobody will reveal where they got their market from the north in bodija market or other market.

Continue......( I was on my way coming from taraba to Ibadan since last week, our truck got damage on the way, presently I'm still in kaduna going to Ibadan)

7 Likes

Re: Grains Business (personal experienced) by Teetee777: 2:48pm On Jun 08, 2021
Before I traveled to yobe, I have made a researched where I was going to, is it not Boko Haram territories. I entered Kano, from kano to yobe state ( potiskum), when I got to kano state it was around 6pm, I entered potiskum bus, we reached azare in bauchi state and I discovered that it was only me going to yobe state in the bus and it was around pass 9 pm in the night, the driver parked and was looking for any bus or car that's going to yobe state, no bus or car going to yobe in that night again, that it was night o I can't see motor going there.

I just asked the driver, how much is transport fare from here to yobe state, driver replied that it is #500,and I asked again how many hours journey from here to Yobe state, the driver replied that is just 1 hour journey, I said ok, give me the #500 and I asked him to go.

After driver left, I looked for where I can charged my phone to call my home to informed them where I am, after I made calls to my family, I looked for where I would sleep till next day

N B : I can't speak or hear hausa language o

Continue..

5 Likes

Re: Grains Business (personal experienced) by IamAsiri: 3:39pm On Jun 08, 2021
Teetee777:

Very easy to get in the north even sheriff can get it

Thank you so much.
Re: Grains Business (personal experienced) by IamAsiri: 3:40pm On Jun 08, 2021
shariff84:
the bags are not difficult,you can get them from me.or if you want to buy plenty from kano.

Can I buy just the bags from you? Or do I have to buy grains too? I wanted to get from you sometimes back, but my customers cancelled their orders at the last minute.
Re: Grains Business (personal experienced) by shariff84: 5:13pm On Jun 08, 2021
IamAsiri:

Can I buy just the bags from you? Or do I have to buy grains too? I wanted to get from you sometimes back, but my customers cancelled their orders at the last minute.
talk to me during haversting i.e December

2 Likes

Re: Grains Business (personal experienced) by IamAsiri: 5:36pm On Jun 08, 2021
shariff84:
talk to me during haversting i.e December

Okay then
Re: Grains Business (personal experienced) by Akerewe(m): 7:34pm On Jun 08, 2021
Pls how much is dried wheat per bag in ibadan or lagos ? Am buying it for consumption nd where can I see it in lagos or ibadan?
Thanks all
Re: Grains Business (personal experienced) by Alberttahir: 7:39pm On Jun 08, 2021
Impressive. journey mercies to @op. I read of certain forty days beans popularly call "kwankwaso". I'll be very happy if you can help me to get it.
Re: Grains Business (personal experienced) by Teetee777: 11:10pm On Jun 08, 2021
Akerewe:
Pls how much is dried wheat per bag in ibadan or lagos ? Am buying it for consumption nd where can I see it in lagos or ibadan?
Thanks all
You can get in bodija market at rate of 25k per bag that's 60 to 61 congo
Re: Grains Business (personal experienced) by Teetee777: 11:12pm On Jun 08, 2021
Alberttahir:
Impressive. journey mercies to @op. I read of certain forty days beans popularly call "kwankwaso". I'll be very happy if you can help me to get it.
I don't know this beans o, maybe if I see the pictures I can recognize it

1 Like

Re: Grains Business (personal experienced) by Alberttahir: 5:28am On Jun 09, 2021
OK. Thsnks for ur respnse. I don't have its picture.
Teetee777:

Re: Grains Business (personal experienced) by Akerewe(m): 9:17am On Jun 09, 2021
Teetee777:

You can get in bodija market at rate of 25k per bag that's 60 to 61 congo
thanks
Re: Grains Business (personal experienced) by maisauki: 12:02pm On Jun 09, 2021
Teetee777:

Big white beans with very black eyes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Best Species Of Vegetables And Fruits For Faster Snail Growth. / EZFarming: Adewale Oparinde Wins Grant With His Agrictech Company / A Nairalander's Farming Experience In Pictures

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.