Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,838 members, 7,806,359 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 03:20 PM

Doctor Or Lawyer Which Profession Has More Intelligent People - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Doctor Or Lawyer Which Profession Has More Intelligent People (2770 Views)

Easy Ways To Identify Intelligent People / 8 Personality Traits Of Highly Intelligent People (backed By Science) / High JAMB Scores: Has JAMB Quality Dropped Or Are Students Now More Intelligent? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Doctor Or Lawyer Which Profession Has More Intelligent People by sreamsense: 6:41pm On Oct 07, 2020
Comparing two wrong professions in term of intelligence means OP does not even understand intelligence. Intelligence can be traced to logic and mathematics. In secondary school level, doctors to be are more intelligent than lawyers to be. More brilliant minds go to science class.

Mathematics and lawyers are opposite sides of coins. Lawyers are only vocal due to nature of their jobs, most of them are not intelligent if you meet them one on one, they only have escape route of hiding under the law/constitution of the land. Doctors are more intelligent if you compare the two but nature of their jobs is reserved, they are not lousy but make things happen underground.

But the most intelligent profession is engineering, you can Google it online, mathematics and logic make you become more creative, smarter and intelligent, without this profession, there won't be civilization in the world today as we have it.

Doctors and lawyers depend on engineers to survive, almost all hospital and law firm equipment are created by engineers from nothing, but they are reserved like doctors because they are usually thinking on how to conquer nature. That is why any nation with most productive and smart engineers and technologists becomes super power not by mouth or quoting the law. Between the two, give it to doctor,s but worldwide, give it to engineers

America, China, Japan and other developed nation today become most powerful and civilized because of level of technologies, inventions, creativity which is ascribed to engineering and not because of how many cases you have won in Court or patients you cured, but as per two. Doctors are more intelligent but always busy in lab or hospitals to carry out useful experiments and as lawyers; they are only lousy and just to talk and hide under canopy of law when their weaknesses are exposed

Finally, it is the same application of logic and mathematics, that makes individual like Billgate, Google owners, Facebook owners and many more technologists out-smart us in term of wealth creation worldwide without you and I have feeling that we are indirectly contributing to their wealths via logic and mathematic

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Doctor Or Lawyer Which Profession Has More Intelligent People by Ortintin: 6:49pm On Oct 07, 2020
FlordFlorez:

I never said they'd have depth knowledge, but they will surely know something about other profession and they'd make more research so they would prepare their case in the court of law. As they are posed to defend cases across other professions, they are learning one or two things about those professions, thus they read more than medical Doctors and are vast across all boards than them. The area of specialization u queried is confined in the medical practices but lawyers defend cases from all works of life!
Exactly. infact they are in constant rate of reading, brainstorming and the likes.
Re: Doctor Or Lawyer Which Profession Has More Intelligent People by FlordFlorez(m): 3:40am On Oct 08, 2020
Unknownartiste:
Making research you say, some medical doctors study their fields for years so you think a day or two will complete your research.

Don't forget you don't joke with the lives of people. *if I tell a lawyer to come treat a patient with STREPTOCOCCUS PNEUMONIA he will be confused* Same way I can't tell a Medical doctor to come and settle dispute in the law court.

So everyone is good in his/her field.

WHAT I KNOW YOU DON'T, WHAT YOU KNOW I DON'T

That does not make me intelligent than you are or makes you intelligent than I am.

Well, there are different kinds and types of research. What I was referring to is problem oriented kind of research not educational or professional research which Doctors embark on.

Lol! how on earth would one asks a lawyer to go "treat"? No one is actually arguing about that. It's laughable man! grin

They are both actually intelligent in their respective profession but a lawyer is still opportune to learn some little things about other professions which is an edge over Doctors.
Re: Doctor Or Lawyer Which Profession Has More Intelligent People by FlordFlorez(m): 3:58am On Oct 08, 2020
BennyDGreat:

The lawyers might have vast knowledge in many fields but you know research knowledge for the purpose of defending a client is way different from experiential knowledge.

A lawyer might feel he has done adequate research on a medical case only to get to court and a highly experienced medical personnel will trash all his research knowledge.

Really, you can't compare on a generic level. Intelligence should be examined on an individual level because some doctors could be way more intelligent than some lawyers and sometimes, the other way round.

You are right but a lawyer won't be up against a doctor in the law court. It can only be up against fellow practitioners.

Though, doctors or any other professionals can as well read about laws and understand some little basics about the profession but it would be near practically useless to them, especially doctors. So they won't waste their time embarking on such research but a lawyer might needs to defend a case centered on medicine. He will surely study about it. If it's a case about engineer, he will as well embark on problem-solving research which is where they have the edge over other profession. Same goes with journalists. Their job demands them to be vast too but not with depth.
Re: Doctor Or Lawyer Which Profession Has More Intelligent People by balaclava: 4:16am On Oct 08, 2020
Ortintin:

When we were in skul every department often defends their courses to be the hardest, despite I studied mathematics, we all knew passing medicine or being this faculty shows you are atleast brilliant.

To the quote I have a IQ score of 121, what is yours?

Making this about competition further shows you are not intelligent
Re: Doctor Or Lawyer Which Profession Has More Intelligent People by BennyDGreat: 6:36am On Oct 08, 2020
FlordFlorez:

You are right but a lawyer won't be up against a doctor in the law court. It can only be up against fellow practitioners.

Though, doctors or any other professionals can as well read about laws and understand some little basics about the profession but it would be near practically useless to them, especially doctors. So they won't waste their time embarking on such research but a lawyer might needs to defend a case centered on medicine. He will surely study about it. If it's a case about engineer, he will as well embark on problem-solving research which is where they have the edge over other profession. Same goes with journalists. Their job demands them to be vast too but not with depth.

I get your point.
Re: Doctor Or Lawyer Which Profession Has More Intelligent People by pozehnani(f): 7:12am On Oct 08, 2020
I would say doctors because a high level of intelligence is required in their field first, to study the science of the human anatomy and carry out successful medical practices and surgeries. But lawyers can only be said to be smart cos most of what they do is tell convicing lies, twist the truth (which any garage tout can equally do) and that can not be said to be intelligence but smartness. So I give it to doctors who are more genuine in their practice.

2 Likes

Re: Doctor Or Lawyer Which Profession Has More Intelligent People by Ortintin: 9:16am On Oct 08, 2020
pozehnani:
I would say doctors because a high level of intelligence is required in their field first, to study the science of the human anatomy and carry out successful medical practices and surgeries. But lawyers can only be said to be smart cos most of what they do is tell convicing lies, twist the truth (which any garage tout can equally do) and that can not be said to be intelligence but smartness. So I give it to doctors who are more genuine in their practice.

the difference between smart and intelligent in this context is negligible, infact a synonym or thesaurus for intelligent is smart

Re: Doctor Or Lawyer Which Profession Has More Intelligent People by Ortintin: 9:43am On Oct 08, 2020
balaclava:

Making this about competition further shows you are not intelligent
Well we no sabi anything. Just enjoying God's favor
Re: Doctor Or Lawyer Which Profession Has More Intelligent People by edoairways: 10:39am On Oct 08, 2020
othermen:
What makes one intelligent is not the profession than it is the individual's personal achievement. Becoming a doctor requires good mental ability but there is more complexity in engineering or becoming an astronaut than there is in medicine.

When you meet a certified accountant or economist, some physicist or even a neomarxist...you would appreciate the quality of other disciplines as you have appreciated that of law. But again, there are obtuse lawyers too and medical doctors that make terrible decisions in the simplest of things.

Think too, artists(painters, authors, composers) pioneers, inventors...the Nobel laureates, the Goethe's, Einstein's...

So again, the measure of intelligence is not the profession than it is the individual's personal quest for it. At the basic, you find both the medical and law profession demanding but the accomplishment of either is not an assurance of intelligence. It can be an assurance of capacity as most educational attainments are.
You just hit the nail on the coffin
Re: Doctor Or Lawyer Which Profession Has More Intelligent People by Cetacean419: 3:25pm On Oct 08, 2020
Left for me in terms of general topics a lawyer will beat a Doctor hands down
For general topics I mean like sports, entertainment, politics, business, a lawyer knows a bit about it even in health.
I am not saying that a Doctor isn't intelligent but most are dull in our "contemporary society".
I watch News all the time and most news network analysts are usually lawyers and Human resource personnel.
A lawyer is very confident even when he does know what to say. Doctors are usually trained in Nigeria to accept most of the time and not question.
We have terrible lawyers and doctors as well.
Those of you Med students saying Pneumococcus, Helicobacter Pylori, Emelia, Oedema and many names you guys listed, these are not intelligence but book work.
A lawyer knows a constitution in respect to health, business and daily living. This is intelligence.
Intelligence is the application of knowledge.
Having a lot of knowledge in your field only is not intelligence thank you

1 Like

Re: Doctor Or Lawyer Which Profession Has More Intelligent People by Ortintin: 8:02pm On Oct 08, 2020
Cetacean419:
Left for me in terms of general topics a lawyer will beat a Doctor hands down
For general topics I mean like sports, entertainment, politics, business, a lawyer knows a bit about it even in health.
I am not saying that a Doctor isn't intelligent but most are dull in our "contemporary society".
I watch News all the time and most news network analysts are usually lawyers and Human resource personnel.
A lawyer is very confident even when he does know what to say. Doctors are usually trained in Nigeria to accept most of the time and not question.
We have terrible lawyers and doctors as well.
Those of you Med students saying Pneumococcus, Helicobacter Pylori, Emelia, Oedema and many names you guys listed, these are not intelligence but book work.
A lawyer knows a constitution in respect to health, business and daily living. This is intelligence.
Intelligence is the application of knowledge.
Having a lot of knowledge in your field only is not intelligence thank you
thank you, funny enough is that am beginning to think there are more technical terms in law than medicine. Little wonder why lawyers often have mini libraries in their homes n offices

(1) (2) (Reply)

Brazilians In Nigeria / Chevron And Shell Scholarship Interview Results / Choice

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.