Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,133,549 members, 7,744,102 topics. Date: Thursday, 22 February 2024 at 03:24 AM

Ikedi Ohakim Under Trial For Using Fashola's Name To Defraud Nigerians - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ikedi Ohakim Under Trial For Using Fashola's Name To Defraud Nigerians (30451 Views)

Ex Governor Of Imo State, Ikedi Ohakim Decamps To APC / Ikedi Ohakim & Mistress, Chinyere Amuchienwa Fight Dirty; Police Step In / Ikedi Ohakim On Bike As He Campaigns For 2019 (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ikedi Ohakim Under Trial For Using Fashola's Name To Defraud Nigerians by Islie: 10:10pm On Oct 06, 2020
Godwin Tsa, Abuja
Police authorities have commenced the criminal trial against a former governor of Imo State, Chief Ikedi Ohakim, before the High Court of the Federal Capital Territory (FCT), Abuja.

In the charge marked CR/993/2020 and dated September 23, 2020, the office of the Inspector-General of Police accused Ohakim of fraud and false information.

The former Governor was equally accused of using the name of the Minister of Works and Housing, Babatunde Fashola, SAN, to defraud unsuspecting Nigerians.

In addition, the prosecution alleged that Ohakim claimed in his statement to the police that he gave Lady Chinyere Lilian Amuchienwa the sum of N100 million for his governorship in 2019, which he could not prove in the statement.

The Police said the former Governor will soon be arraigned in court.


The three-count charge against Ohakim, signed by Mr Stanley Nwodo read:

‘That you Ikedi Ohakim, on or about the 23rd day of May 2019 at Asokoro, within the jurisdiction of this Honourable Court did unlawfully gave false information against one Chinyere Amuchienwa, that she threatened you with gun knowing it to be false and thereby committed an offence punishable under section 140 of the Penal Code Law of the Northern Nigeria, 1968.

”That you Ikedi Ohakim, on or about the 23rd day of May 2019, at Asokoro, within the jurisdiction of this Honourable Court did unlawfully gave false information against one Chinyere Amuchienwa, that you have a plot of land for sale at Lagos state, knowing it to be false and thereby committed an offence punishable under section 140 of the Penal Code Law of the Northern Nigeria, 1968.

‘That you Ikedi Ohakim on or about the 23rd day of May 2019 at Asokoro, within the jurisdiction of this Honourable Court did unlawfully used derogatory the name of Raji Fashola as the owner of the purported land situated at Ikeja, Lagos state and thereby committed an offence punishable under section 140 of the Penal Code Law of the Northern Nigeria, 1968.’

In a related development, an Upper Area Court sitting in Mpape, Abuja, has sentenced one Kingsley Ogam, who is said to be working for the former Governor to eight months in prison with an option of N30,000 fine.

In the charge marked CR/496/2020, Ogam was sentenced to prison on September 24, 2020.

According to the First Information Report (FIR), Ogam was arraigned before the court for defamation of character, injurious falsehood and criminal intimidation.

The prosecution said the offence is punishable under Section 392, 393 and 397 of the Penal Code Law.

Ogam was said to have defamed the character of Lady Chinyere Lilian Amuchienwa.

He was sentenced to prison by Mohammad Maraca after he pleaded guilty to the charges against him.

The court also ordered him to write an apology letter to Amuchienwa.

The judge instructed that Kingsley Ogam should tender an apology to lady Amuchienwa of which she rejected

Also, a certain Chinedu Opereke was arrested alongside Kingsley Ogam and was remanded in Suleja prison by the court.

The former Governor was also supposed to be arraigned before the Upper Area Court for conspiracy.

He was invited on September 10 by the police in relation to a petition against him by Lady Amuchienwa, over alleged defamation of character, injurious falsehood and criminal intimidation.

But rather than honouring his invitation, Ohakim rushed to a high court in Imo State for the enforcement of his fundamental human rights.

In the application filed at the High Court of Justice of Imo state, with suit number HON/717/2020, he asked for an order of the court stopping the police from inviting, arresting and detaining him.

After listening to the motion, Justice VI Onyeka granted the order

However, a thorough look at the document shows that the motion was filed on September 10, 2020, assigned same day and the order granted the same day.



SUN

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ikedi Ohakim Under Trial For Using Fashola's Name To Defraud Nigerians by Nobody: 10:12pm On Oct 06, 2020

The former Governor was equally accused of using the name of the Minister of Works and Housing, Babatunde Fashola, SAN, to defraud unsuspecting Nigerians.

What do you expect? The Pharoah's Democratic Party (PDP) is a party of thieves, criminals, looters, assassins, terrorists, impostors and everything evil!

You betrayed PPA, looted IMO state without remorse, just like your colleagues did at the Federal level. You left office, but still managed to defraud unsuspecting Nigerians huge amount of money, even after the billions you looted as a governor. That's how greedy most of these PDP politicians are.

They plunged Nigeria into recession due to their catastrophic looting. I pity President Buhari cos it ain't gonna be easy cleaning their mess!

May God help Nigeria.

88 Likes 21 Shares

Re: Ikedi Ohakim Under Trial For Using Fashola's Name To Defraud Nigerians by YoonSung20: 10:13pm On Oct 06, 2020
Everybody be CRIMINAL! smiley

Abeg Get responsive E-Commerce website or Company Website + Free Domain Registration + SEO. Check signature for contact details

3 Likes

Re: Ikedi Ohakim Under Trial For Using Fashola's Name To Defraud Nigerians by Jafar1: 10:29pm On Oct 06, 2020
Nigeria my country

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ikedi Ohakim Under Trial For Using Fashola's Name To Defraud Nigerians by Kendumazy(m): 10:32pm On Oct 06, 2020
This one is strong.
Re: Ikedi Ohakim Under Trial For Using Fashola's Name To Defraud Nigerians by TimeManager(m): 10:37pm On Oct 06, 2020
An ex governor that was beaten to a pulp by his olosho mistress after almost emptying her wares on credit. They want to finish 98% of his life with the penal code of northern Nigeria, then the remaining 2% will be used to hawk gala on the streets of Oshogbo after his release from jail.

kiss the truth!

28 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Ikedi Ohakim Under Trial For Using Fashola's Name To Defraud Nigerians by Fleshly: 10:41pm On Oct 06, 2020
As a guy man

3 Likes

Re: Ikedi Ohakim Under Trial For Using Fashola's Name To Defraud Nigerians by Elvictor: 10:45pm On Oct 06, 2020
the unity of the country is an avenue for politicians to enrich themselves, they will never break this yoke on poor Nigerians.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ikedi Ohakim Under Trial For Using Fashola's Name To Defraud Nigerians by LegendHero(m): 10:46pm On Oct 06, 2020
Lol
Re: Ikedi Ohakim Under Trial For Using Fashola's Name To Defraud Nigerians by slivertongue: 11:02pm On Oct 06, 2020
Nigeria police and yeye case na like bread and butter.
the will end up dropping this case

3 Likes

Re: Ikedi Ohakim Under Trial For Using Fashola's Name To Defraud Nigerians by prince2pac(m): 2:29am On Oct 07, 2020
either way, they will surely pay... tools and format

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ikedi Ohakim Under Trial For Using Fashola's Name To Defraud Nigerians by tiger28: 2:45am On Oct 07, 2020
Did you all see the SPEED of Ohakim's Partner's (Mr Nobody) conviction Now watch HOW Ohakim's conviction will take the NEXT 10 years....Or he might EVEN be freed just like Senator Abbo ,in spite of OVERWHELMING Video evidence.....SHIT-HOLE!!!!

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ikedi Ohakim Under Trial For Using Fashola's Name To Defraud Nigerians by DenreleDave(m): 3:21am On Oct 07, 2020
Their matter, their problems
Re: Ikedi Ohakim Under Trial For Using Fashola's Name To Defraud Nigerians by adeyemi67494: 6:30am On Oct 07, 2020
This two is strength.
Re: Ikedi Ohakim Under Trial For Using Fashola's Name To Defraud Nigerians by Ajibel(m): 6:54am On Oct 07, 2020
Lol I can't count the number of times someone has tried to use Fashola's name to commit fraud.

1 Like

Re: Ikedi Ohakim Under Trial For Using Fashola's Name To Defraud Nigerians by Karlovich: 6:54am On Oct 07, 2020
But I thought Iboez don't engage in identity theft, I wonder whose identity their warlord stole for his flight to Ivory Coast to be successful, smh

15 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Ikedi Ohakim Under Trial For Using Fashola's Name To Defraud Nigerians by Bobotic(m): 6:55am On Oct 07, 2020
I thought in Nigeria After Governor seat na Senator follows grin grin grin

Corrupt Government !!!! embarassed

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ikedi Ohakim Under Trial For Using Fashola's Name To Defraud Nigerians by Sonnobax15(m): 6:56am On Oct 07, 2020
shocked.

Ex governor

what happened to all the loots he carted away during his tenure ?

any ways,once a thief, always a thief...

4 Likes

Re: Ikedi Ohakim Under Trial For Using Fashola's Name To Defraud Nigerians by whytediamond(m): 6:56am On Oct 07, 2020
Bv
Re: Ikedi Ohakim Under Trial For Using Fashola's Name To Defraud Nigerians by Houseofglam7(f): 6:57am On Oct 07, 2020
Uhm....... undecided
Re: Ikedi Ohakim Under Trial For Using Fashola's Name To Defraud Nigerians by AMvanquish: 6:57am On Oct 07, 2020
See how our Judiciary are just giving themselves away.

"eight months in prison with an option of N30,000 fine".

"However, a thorough look at the document shows that the motion was filed on September 10, 2020, assigned same day and the order granted the same day".

Corrupt Judges everywhere.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ikedi Ohakim Under Trial For Using Fashola's Name To Defraud Nigerians by Enudapan: 6:59am On Oct 07, 2020
Nah eh! No qualms
This is so unsophisticated

1 Like

Re: Ikedi Ohakim Under Trial For Using Fashola's Name To Defraud Nigerians by infogenius(m): 7:00am On Oct 07, 2020
How many Nigerians did he defraud?

Anyway, let him prove himself not guilty in court.
Funny polithiefcians
Re: Ikedi Ohakim Under Trial For Using Fashola's Name To Defraud Nigerians by SEGLIZ: 7:00am On Oct 07, 2020
one by one
Re: Ikedi Ohakim Under Trial For Using Fashola's Name To Defraud Nigerians by Nobody: 7:00am On Oct 07, 2020
TimeManager:
An ex governor that was beaten to a pulp by his olosho mistress after almost emptying her wares on credit. They want to finish 98% of his life with the penal code of northern Nigeria, then the remaining 2% will be used to hawk gala on the streets of Oshogbo after his release from jail.

kiss the truth!

Say the truth as it is , a whole former governor of Imo state dey do scam.

It is a slap on all Igbos.

Rubbish

17 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ikedi Ohakim Under Trial For Using Fashola's Name To Defraud Nigerians by Djauro: 7:00am On Oct 07, 2020
From governor to Yahoo boy

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ikedi Ohakim Under Trial For Using Fashola's Name To Defraud Nigerians by Praktikals(m): 7:01am On Oct 07, 2020
angry
Re: Ikedi Ohakim Under Trial For Using Fashola's Name To Defraud Nigerians by SEGLIZ: 7:01am On Oct 07, 2020
TimeManager:
An ex governor that was beaten to a pulp by his olosho mistress after almost emptying her wares on credit. They want to finish 98% of his life with the penal code of northern Nigeria, then the remaining 2% will be used to hawk gala on the streets of Oshogbo after his release from jail.

kiss the truth!

you tried, clap for yourself.
Re: Ikedi Ohakim Under Trial For Using Fashola's Name To Defraud Nigerians by Wickedtruths: 7:01am On Oct 07, 2020
Stealing, cheating, kidnapping, armed robbery is in their blood

9 Likes 3 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Gabriel Suswam's Elder Brother, Terkula Assassinated / Oil And Gas Exploration To Begin In North-East – Buhari / Naira: CBN Begs Nigerians, Vows To Stop POS ‘Extra’ Charges

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.