Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,210 members, 7,807,704 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 05:49 PM

33yrs, ND Holder Without Job Experience ;any Hope? - Jobs/Vacancies (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / 33yrs, ND Holder Without Job Experience ;any Hope? (29610 Views)

My Job Experience: My Testimony / Share Your Job Experience Working With Foreign Bosses / My First Job Experience After School As A Lady. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 33yrs, ND Holder Without Job Experience ;any Hope? by Tranquility2345: 11:39pm On Jul 23, 2021
divinitybillz:
This advice came from a worthy source. Well I'll be 31 in a few day BSC holder but Third Class...but I make an income close to N100,000 just doing professional home tutorial for kids....Use what you got. In the end, the certificate wouldn't make you rich but Gods grace, wisdom and diligence from your part.

Who allowed you to tutor their kids with a third class degree? When your mates were busy studying you dey follow cult boys up and down the whole school now you dey do like say you be victim abi? angry
Re: 33yrs, ND Holder Without Job Experience ;any Hope? by divinitybillz(m): 11:49pm On Jul 23, 2021
Tranquility2345:

Who allowed you to tutor their kids with a third class degree? When your mates were busy studying you dey follow cult boys up and down the whole school now you dey do like say you be victim abi? angry

I didn't graduate with 3rd class because I was dull but probably because of indiscipline and lack of financies because my course required heavy finance. I agree I could have done more but trust me I'm far from stupid. Iv helped the most challenged kids pass international exams. My clients are mostly expatriates. My advice to the guy is certificate is just 30% the rest is your mentality..

8 Likes

Re: 33yrs, ND Holder Without Job Experience ;any Hope? by Dopaminergic(m): 11:52pm On Jul 23, 2021
I keep seeing some post talking about acquiring a skill.

The truth is...

You need an active source of income that is a job to make multiple streams of passive income.

If you've no money get a job first. Then begin to acquire skills...develop yourself.

Yes YouTube videos are good...most times you'll need something extra.

That's why you pay for courses of experts. Nothing can beat that.

3 Likes

Re: 33yrs, ND Holder Without Job Experience ;any Hope? by Dahunsipaul(m): 11:53pm On Jul 23, 2021
stillmaticOG:
Just find update begin dey bomb.

What are you going to do with a 20k hotel work?

Guy you Dey crace oo lol
Na the best thing for him be that sha
Abeg bro
Come teach me update abeg
Boss
Re: 33yrs, ND Holder Without Job Experience ;any Hope? by MrNipplesLover(m): 11:54pm On Jul 23, 2021
Post of since 2020... lipsrsealed

Wetin dey worry the mods here self? undecided

Re: 33yrs, ND Holder Without Job Experience ;any Hope? by Magnifque01: 11:56pm On Jul 23, 2021
obumsway:
wait oo, your age is not really the problem but i just cant imagine you not having any work experience before.

i am not upto 30 yrs but i have worked in more than 8 places.

the main issue in see here is you not willing to try out things not knowing time flies indeed

This is not a nice response to someone seeking for help/advice .
Re: 33yrs, ND Holder Without Job Experience ;any Hope? by bizhop01: 12:02am On Jul 24, 2021
obumsway:
wait oo, your age is not really the problem but i just cant imagine you not having any work experience before.

the main issue in see here is you not willing to try out things not knowing time flies indeed
The man ask for help and advice but you as a typical Nigerian you choose to impress just to make him feel bad, life is a marathon sometime single experience might better than eight cool

4 Likes

Re: 33yrs, ND Holder Without Job Experience ;any Hope? by Bighead95(m): 12:11am On Jul 24, 2021
obumsway:

Nonsense and ingredients...

Next.... undecided undecided undecided
Re: 33yrs, ND Holder Without Job Experience ;any Hope? by xtremeTall(m): 12:12am On Jul 24, 2021
Apply for jobs in hotels. Don't include your age in your CV. Try to complete your education by doing your HND or DE. Don't ever let your age discourage you. Don't even think your age! Just continue to move, live happily. "Age is just a number"

Your case is not hopeless, infact it is better than so many people.
I for one, I'm 40 and I don't have a job nor a business. I'm not even married. But I have hope that things will be better, because I have a God I serve; who created me and who said in Jeremiah 29:11-12; "For I know the plans I have for you, says the Lord. Plans for good and not of evil. To give you a future and hope. You will pray to me and I'll answer you"

#Keep the hope alive
#It is well with your soul
��
Re: 33yrs, ND Holder Without Job Experience ;any Hope? by akpascomartino: 1:12am On Jul 24, 2021
Danielomisco:
nobody asked u how many places uve worked oga under 30.do u knw if he ever had any chance?ppl always wit large mouths trying to make others feel bad.
God bless you for this comment.
Can yiu just imagine the small rat trying to kill the man's spirit?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: 33yrs, ND Holder Without Job Experience ;any Hope? by 360command: 1:17am On Jul 24, 2021
Apply for jobs in hotels. Don't include your age in your CV. Try to complete your education by doing your HND or DE. Don't ever let your age discourage you. Don't even think your age! Just continue to move, live happily. "Age is just a number"

Your case is not hopeless, infact it is better than so many people.
I for one, I'm 40 and I don't have a job nor a business. I'm not even married. But I have hope that things will be better, because I have a God I serve; who created me and who said in Jeremiah 29:11-12; "For I know the plans I have for you, says the Lord. Plans for good and not of evil. To give you a future and hope. You will pray to me and I'll answer you"

#Keep the hope alive
#It is well with your soul
I see why you don't have a job nor business @40. Keep waiting for God.

1 Like

Re: 33yrs, ND Holder Without Job Experience ;any Hope? by Falconx47: 1:36am On Jul 24, 2021
mannatech:
As the heading states, I'm 33yrs old and I have never had any job experience before.

I studied tourism and leisure management only at the national diploma level. I finished with upper credit.

I'm not really conversant with the job market and considering applying for jobs.

I know my age might possibly be an hindrance to my chance of being able to land one.

I was hoping peeps familiar with, those who are or were in my shoes can offer advice in what ever form.

Thanks

There's hope for everyone, plenty hope!

It's a bit disconcerting that tourism doesn't thrive in Nigeria, but leisure does...at least you must have heard about Obi cubana and his chief priests this past week cheesy....just kidding.

But really, depending on your natural abilities, you could do well in events management, catering, hotel management, rentals, barman, or abroad tourism agent, all which are related to your course of study and booming in Nigeria regardless of economy. It might take a little working out out of the box, so don't expect suit and briefcase interview, you should go out there, talk to people, meet people who are into what you'd like to do....and if you're not interested in the leisure industry, you can apply same formula in that which you're interested.

If I may ask, what have you been into before now, before or after your ND since you haven't worked before?

1 Like

Re: 33yrs, ND Holder Without Job Experience ;any Hope? by officialfoodie: 1:43am On Jul 24, 2021
Candidlady:
If your gender is the opposite of mine

No hope for you...

Cos eventually we'd still read about your news here, how you tried raping someone or using someone for rituals

Please kindly exist this world before you bring more shame to your genders

Thank you

You're a disgrace to womanhood and a waste of space to your family if you have this disgusting mentality. As a woman myself, I'm ashamed that someone as low as you shares same gender as me. Shame on you.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: 33yrs, ND Holder Without Job Experience ;any Hope? by GrandFinale2021(m): 1:59am On Jul 24, 2021
uuzba:

OP said he studied tourism and leisure management.
Isn't that just a more advanced level of home keeping?
If the-main-the-main coat and tie work hasn't come, what stops him from just cleaning and keeping his home, and relatives home, as job experience? Order Uber ride , Keke or danfo transport for family members?
That's the foundation of the tourism stuff na .
Which experience will he now use to apply for job if he doesn't do those ones first?
OP is just lazy and selfish
Or OP doesn't know what he studied..
He just went to school for the sake of going to school and expect money to be dashed to him for holding HND certificate.
he said he owns an ND certificate and not HND.
Re: 33yrs, ND Holder Without Job Experience ;any Hope? by officialfoodie: 1:59am On Jul 24, 2021
Tranquility2345:

One's degrees is actually not a determinant of future success or failure, esp in Nigeria. Wole Soyinka had a 3rd Class, most of the people in NASS are probably dropouts or people who were rusticated or do not even have any university degrees, yet they make laws for you. So stop this judgemental statement, it is tasteless

2 Likes

Re: 33yrs, ND Holder Without Job Experience ;any Hope? by deji17: 2:01am On Jul 24, 2021
There is hope for every human being alive. There are many billionaires with no school cert.

1 Like

Re: 33yrs, ND Holder Without Job Experience ;any Hope? by mamawa123: 2:18am On Jul 24, 2021
Bro don’t limit yourself because of age. That age might even be a plus for you because certain employers are looking for matured candidates. Prepare your CV and hit the road. You will be a good candidate for hotel job.
Re: 33yrs, ND Holder Without Job Experience ;any Hope? by Aurelius1(m): 2:28am On Jul 24, 2021
gentleman82:
Repent now of your sinful evil ways to avoid spending your eternity in hell fire after you die. Jesus Christ love and warns you to repent and convert now to Christianity to avoid hell fire. Only Jesus Christ can save you by his death on the cross and his blood which washes away your sins, any other ways ( Islam, paganism, Hinduism, atheism, etc) can not save you. Be wise while you still have the chance accept Jesus Christ now and save your soul from hell. Be wiser than Satan and follow the one true God
Oga this your "repent, repent, repent" is becoming annoying. If you have no advice to give just go to the religion thread.
Re: 33yrs, ND Holder Without Job Experience ;any Hope? by Phred1717: 2:43am On Jul 24, 2021
You're looking for hope, when it's around you everyday. Real men never had any hope but took their chances in life. Wake up bro, the world is full of so many opportunities. Look for yours

1 Like

Re: 33yrs, ND Holder Without Job Experience ;any Hope? by Nicoddemus(m): 2:50am On Jul 24, 2021
Candidlady:

No hope for you...

Cos eventually we'd still read about your news here, how you tried raping someone or using someone for rituals

Thank you
Tunda faya you
Re: 33yrs, ND Holder Without Job Experience ;any Hope? by Rafelstan: 2:51am On Jul 24, 2021
You are your only hope.
Re: 33yrs, ND Holder Without Job Experience ;any Hope? by Codeye(m): 3:52am On Jul 24, 2021
Answer

Re: 33yrs, ND Holder Without Job Experience ;any Hope? by BlueAir: 3:52am On Jul 24, 2021
lipsrsealed in my life time I never imagined I could ever meet anyone with this level of foolishnessss. No be insult. The kind of abominable persons nairaland get ehn?
Candidlady:

No hope for you...

Thank you

1 Like

Re: 33yrs, ND Holder Without Job Experience ;any Hope? by moshino(m): 4:16am On Jul 24, 2021
TimmyTen:
No hope

Is that how you really feel about yourself, it's that bad for you?

If you're still alive, please don't do it, there's Hope!

1 Like

Re: 33yrs, ND Holder Without Job Experience ;any Hope? by delequake(m): 4:18am On Jul 24, 2021
Apply for jobs in banks, I'm sure you will be able to land one as they are always hiring ND holders for various junior positions.
Re: 33yrs, ND Holder Without Job Experience ;any Hope? by Nnefada: 4:19am On Jul 24, 2021
TinubuGoQuench:
YOU ARE TOO OLD AND WILL NEVER MAKE IT AGAIN. Bros na joke I dey o cheesy
That's a very dangerous joke
Re: 33yrs, ND Holder Without Job Experience ;any Hope? by moshino(m): 4:21am On Jul 24, 2021
TinubuGoQuench:
YOU ARE TOO OLD AND WILL NEVER MAKE IT AGAIN. Bros na joke I dey o cheesy

If you're still alive, please don't do it, there's Hope
Re: 33yrs, ND Holder Without Job Experience ;any Hope? by moshino(m): 4:22am On Jul 24, 2021
Candidlady:

No hope for you...

Thank you

If you're still alive, please don't do it, there's Hope
Re: 33yrs, ND Holder Without Job Experience ;any Hope? by Emma1Oj(m): 4:30am On Jul 24, 2021
greenguy:

Start a trade. Seeking job is setting yourself up for frustration.
support him wit cash sir.
Re: 33yrs, ND Holder Without Job Experience ;any Hope? by eeithis(m): 4:40am On Jul 24, 2021
Leogreat5:

Drop ur digit boss..I wanna learn blogging .

Start Blogging Business, brother And Thank me later, if you are interested, quote me here, so that, you will get in touch with me on Whatsapp chat.
am interested
Re: 33yrs, ND Holder Without Job Experience ;any Hope? by Nobody: 4:51am On Jul 24, 2021
mannatech:
As the heading states, I'm 33yrs old and I have never had any job experience before.

I studied tourism and leisure management only at the national diploma level. I finished with upper credit.

I'm not really conversant with the job market and considering applying for jobs.

I know my age might possibly be an hindrance to my chance of being able to land one.

I was hoping peeps familiar with, those who are or were in my shoes can offer advice in what ever form.

Thanks

You are too pessimistic!!!
Go and try some hotels for job experience.
Save money for your direct entry to a federal university to study hotel management and tourism...they even look for students sef.

Good luck

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

POLICE RECRUITMENT (General Duty) Invite For Aptitude Test / Nlng November 2016 Siwes Application Is Now Open. / Can You Work As A Cleaner If The Pay Is Good?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.