Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,014 members, 7,803,363 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 02:23 PM

Ondo Election: Akeredolu Vs Jegede Vs Agboola -Mock Poll Results By Eagle Badger - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ondo Election: Akeredolu Vs Jegede Vs Agboola -Mock Poll Results By Eagle Badger (45724 Views)

Ogun Governorship Election Results By LGA (2023) / Akeredolu Vs Jegede Vs Ajayi: Who Will Win Ondo Governorship Election? / Akerodolu Vs Jegede: Who Performed Better In The Ondo Governorship Debate? (Pix) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ondo Election: Akeredolu Vs Jegede Vs Agboola -Mock Poll Results By Eagle Badger by garfield1: 10:33am On Oct 07, 2020
Barely four days to the Ondo State Governorship election, an election observer, Eagle Badger Consulting, Monday, released findings on political activities ongoing across the 18 Local Government Areas of the State.

Those for the Peoples Democratic Party’s candidate, Eitasyo Jegede, said will go for him because he promised a reduction of school fees and the creation of jobs.

While the two main priorities for Dep. Gov. Alfred Agboola Ajayi’s supporters were the reduction of school fees and access to affordable healthcare.

The report reads in part, “Scheduled to take place on the 10th of October 2020, the Ondo State Governorship election is one of a handful of out-of-cycle elections the Independent National Electoral Commission will be conducted outside the 2019 General Election window.

“Coming on the heels of the competitive but largely peaceful Edo Governorship Election, the Ondo election is slightly more complex as this time we have three main candidates, rather than the two major contestants that slugged it out in Edo State.

An Eagle Badger Consulting telephone survey of Likely Voters across the 18 Local Government Areas of Ondo State has revealed that incumbent Gov. Rotimi Akeredolu (SAN) of the APC is – by the slimmest of margins – polling slightly behind Mr. Eyitayo Jegede (SAN) of the PDP 36% to 37%. The current Deputy Governor, Agboola Ajayi of the ZLP trails behind both of them, with only 22% of respondents indicating that they would vote for Mr. Ajayi. 5% of respondents stated they were undecided as at the time of the survey.

“The Ondo State Survey of Likely Voters was conducted September 29th-30th, 2020. The margin of error is +/- 7% with a confidence level of 95%. The randomly selected sample population was made up of 122 males and 58 females. 90% of the respondents voted in the 2016 Ondo State Governorship elections.

“Who won what, and where? An examination of the LGAs won by the candidates revealed a surprising fact: excluding two LGAs where the potential votes were split equally between the APC and PDP (Idanre) and between the PDP and ZLP (Irele), Dep. Gov. Ajayi won the most LGAs (6) while Gov. Akeredolu and Mr. Jegede won 5 LGAs each.

“Unfortunately, Mr. Ajay was unable to secure significant interest from potential voters outside the LGAs he won. Conversely, both Gov. Akeredolu and Mr. Jegede not only managed to win their LGAs, but were able to win significant support in the LGAs they lost to their rivals.

“All candidates enjoyed home-court advantage as Gov. Akeredolu won in his LGA of Owo, Mr. Jegede won in his home LGA of Akure South, and Dep. Gov. Ajayi won in Ese Odo LGA. For Mr. Jegede, his LGA victory is especially important as Akure South has the highest number of registered voters and PVCs collected.

“Ondo State has 1,822,346 registered voters. 1,478,460 of them have collected their PVCs from INEC.”

According to the report, the demographic profile of the respondents was heavily tilted towards male voters (68% male to 32% female). This male-heavy trend was reflected across the supporters of the three candidates with respondents favourable to Gov. Akeredolu straddling a 65:35 male: female ratio. Respondents who indicated they would vote for Dep. Gov. Agboola’s mirrored this ratio with a 62% to 38% male-female split. Mr. Jegede’s male supporters were significantly higher (74%).

“With just over a week to the elections, most voters are expected to have made up their minds by now on who they will be voting for. This was reflected in the low number of respondents (5%) who were still undecided. The low number of undecideds, and the slim margin of victory being predicted by this survey suggest that every vote is crucial, and that campaigns would be advised to amplify their GOTV messaging.

“Voter Priorities; The two top campaign issues identified by the respondents who said they would be voting for Gov. Akeredolu were Infrastructural development and Continuity.

“Respondents who said they would be voting for Mr. Jegede said their votes were won because he promised the reduction of school fees and the creation of jobs.

“Finally, the two main priorities for Dep. Gov. Ajayi’s supporters were the reduction of school fees and access to affordable healthcare.

“With a margin of error of +-7% and a small but important pool of undecided voters, even though Mr. Jegede currently enjoys a one-point lead, the Ondo State Governorship election is too close to call.

“The only prediction we can confidently make is that Dep. Gov. Ajayi, with only 22% of projected votes, will not win the election. His only path to electoral victory at this point would be an alliance with either the APC or PDP candidate”, it stated.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.vanguardngr.com/2020/10/ondo-guber-election-eagle-badger-releases-findings/amp/

5 Likes

Re: Ondo Election: Akeredolu Vs Jegede Vs Agboola -Mock Poll Results By Eagle Badger by Nobody: 10:34am On Oct 07, 2020
Lol, una dun start cheesy

Anyway, one good thing about Buhari's administration is that all votes will count.

But approaching people without PVC in the name of taking survey will not help in anyway. grin

I don't see the reason some PDP sympathizers are congratulating Jegede in advance. It doesn't work that way, my brothers and sisters. Let's wait for INEC's results and not some wishful opinions of some PDP chauvinistic respondents without PVCs..

kahal29:
Congrats to Jegede in Advance

Johnnyessence:
jegede is the people's choice. ondo no be Lagos.

E go soon clear for una eyes.. grin

God bless Nigeria.

18 Likes

Re: Ondo Election: Akeredolu Vs Jegede Vs Agboola -Mock Poll Results By Eagle Badger by slivertongue: 10:34am On Oct 07, 2020
akeredolu God bless you

5 Likes

Re: Ondo Election: Akeredolu Vs Jegede Vs Agboola -Mock Poll Results By Eagle Badger by garfield1: 10:34am On Oct 07, 2020
Muykem,jamo say something

2 Likes

Re: Ondo Election: Akeredolu Vs Jegede Vs Agboola -Mock Poll Results By Eagle Badger by garfield1: 10:35am On Oct 07, 2020
slivertongue:
akeredolu

Why not support pdp as usual

4 Likes

Re: Ondo Election: Akeredolu Vs Jegede Vs Agboola -Mock Poll Results By Eagle Badger by kahal29: 10:37am On Oct 07, 2020

43 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ondo Election: Akeredolu Vs Jegede Vs Agboola -Mock Poll Results By Eagle Badger by slivertongue: 10:44am On Oct 07, 2020
garfield1:

SYCOPHANTS LIKE YOU ARE PARTY CENTRIC.

My choice transcends the abstract called party, I go for folks I trust can deliver. Bold folks with vertical competence.

50 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ondo Election: Akeredolu Vs Jegede Vs Agboola -Mock Poll Results By Eagle Badger by garfield1: 10:48am On Oct 07, 2020
slivertongue:

[s]SYCOPHANTS LIKE YOU ARE PARTY CENTRIC.

My choice transcends the abstract called party, I go for folks I trust can deliver. Bold folks with vertical competence[/s].

Trash as usual

6 Likes

Re: Ondo Election: Akeredolu Vs Jegede Vs Agboola -Mock Poll Results By Eagle Badger by garfield1: 10:49am On Oct 07, 2020
kahal29:

I am disappointed. Who told you he will win?
Re: Ondo Election: Akeredolu Vs Jegede Vs Agboola -Mock Poll Results By Eagle Badger by vicdom(m): 10:54am On Oct 07, 2020
garfield1:

I am disappointed. Who told you he will win?
Guy plenty Ondo guys I have engaged with are rooting for Jegede oooo.... Don't undermine the turgidity of political preponderance in Ondo as of today.

43 Likes

Re: Ondo Election: Akeredolu Vs Jegede Vs Agboola -Mock Poll Results By Eagle Badger by Johnnyessence(m): 10:54am On Oct 07, 2020
jegede is the people's choice. ondo no be Lagos.

50 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ondo Election: Akeredolu Vs Jegede Vs Agboola -Mock Poll Results By Eagle Badger by Nobody: 10:54am On Oct 07, 2020
garfield1:

Because he wants better thing for em state but wanna impose disaster on others grin

5 Likes

Re: Ondo Election: Akeredolu Vs Jegede Vs Agboola -Mock Poll Results By Eagle Badger by Nobody: 10:56am On Oct 07, 2020
vicdom:

Guy plenty Ondo guys I have engaged with are rooting for Jegede oooo.... Don't undermine the turgidity of political preponderance in Ondo as of today.

My brother, them get PVCs? I no wan hear election rigging o cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Ondo Election: Akeredolu Vs Jegede Vs Agboola -Mock Poll Results By Eagle Badger by slivertongue: 10:56am On Oct 07, 2020
garfield1:

Trash as usual

go and read your books ooo. schools will resume next week

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ondo Election: Akeredolu Vs Jegede Vs Agboola -Mock Poll Results By Eagle Badger by slivertongue: 11:04am On Oct 07, 2020
SilverNorGold:

Because he wants better thing for em state but wanna impose disaster on others grin

am not from Ondo neither do I have say on who becomes governor. I only have wishes which counts for nothing. I support folks I trust their ability. So to you APC is a disaster?

if PDP wins Ondo then Ekitti will... then 2023 will follow SAK

3 Likes

Re: Ondo Election: Akeredolu Vs Jegede Vs Agboola -Mock Poll Results By Eagle Badger by Nobody: 11:15am On Oct 07, 2020
slivertongue:

am not from Ondo neither do I have say on who becomes governor. I only have wishes which counts for nothing. I support folks I trust their ability. So to you APC is a disaster?

if PDP wins Ondo then Ekitti will... then 2023 will follow SAK

Okay, you're not from Ondo.. Good you like Akeredolu..

2023 will take care of itself.. Ondo no be Edo for real.. APC is on a rescue mission. I thought you were from Ondo as you mentioned Akeredolu.. Thought you were the kinda evil fellow that wants good APC in his state(Ondo) but wants to impose the thieving PDP on other states.

cheesy

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ondo Election: Akeredolu Vs Jegede Vs Agboola -Mock Poll Results By Eagle Badger by garfield1: 11:21am On Oct 07, 2020
slivertongue:

go and read your books ooo. schools will resume next week

Read for your neco my boy.yabaleft is good for you

3 Likes

Re: Ondo Election: Akeredolu Vs Jegede Vs Agboola -Mock Poll Results By Eagle Badger by garfield1: 11:23am On Oct 07, 2020
vicdom:

He can only win in akure

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ondo Election: Akeredolu Vs Jegede Vs Agboola -Mock Poll Results By Eagle Badger by Nobody: 11:23am On Oct 07, 2020
garfield1:

Hahaha, my brother. Slivertongue na prof o. Him dun graduate teh teh grin
Re: Ondo Election: Akeredolu Vs Jegede Vs Agboola -Mock Poll Results By Eagle Badger by garfield1: 11:24am On Oct 07, 2020
SilverNorGold:

Hahaha, my brother. Silvertongue na prof o. Him dun graduate teh teh grin

Yes,an oluwole graduate with PhD from yabaleft
Re: Ondo Election: Akeredolu Vs Jegede Vs Agboola -Mock Poll Results By Eagle Badger by Nobody: 11:25am On Oct 07, 2020
garfield1:

Yes,an oluwole graduate with PhD from yabaleft

grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Ondo Election: Akeredolu Vs Jegede Vs Agboola -Mock Poll Results By Eagle Badger by garfield1: 11:27am On Oct 07, 2020
SilverNorGold:

grin grin grin grin grin

Jegede leading with one percent shows he will fail
Re: Ondo Election: Akeredolu Vs Jegede Vs Agboola -Mock Poll Results By Eagle Badger by slivertongue: 11:29am On Oct 07, 2020
SilverNorGold:

Okay, you're not from Ondo.. Good you like Akeredolu..

2023 will take care of itself.. Ondo no be Edo for real.. APC is on a rescue mission. I thought you were from Ondo as you mentioned Akeredolu.. Thought you were the kinda evil fellow that wants good APC in his state(Ondo) but wants to impose the thieving PDP on other states.

cheesy

evil men are in both parties.

3 Likes

Re: Ondo Election: Akeredolu Vs Jegede Vs Agboola -Mock Poll Results By Eagle Badger by Nobody: 11:31am On Oct 07, 2020
slivertongue:

evil men are in both parties.

No one is all good, I agree. But we have people who are more good than evil. APC is blessed with more of such people, while PDP is cursed with the reverse.

But God go help us, my brother.

1 Like

Re: Ondo Election: Akeredolu Vs Jegede Vs Agboola -Mock Poll Results By Eagle Badger by Nobody: 11:32am On Oct 07, 2020
garfield1:

Jegede leading with one percent shows he will fail

My brother, this is not rocket science. But I still have my reservations about that poll.. Anyway, na Saturday
Re: Ondo Election: Akeredolu Vs Jegede Vs Agboola -Mock Poll Results By Eagle Badger by WonderManly(m): 11:39am On Oct 07, 2020
Let's see if Ondo is Edo...
Click Like for PDP
Click Share for APC

55 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ondo Election: Akeredolu Vs Jegede Vs Agboola -Mock Poll Results By Eagle Badger by slivertongue: 11:40am On Oct 07, 2020
garfield1:

hmmm... keep your thoughts on the discourse, you start a thread and end up undoing it with worthless comments, same thing on any thread you invade. Nairaland is read in other climes stop portraying yourself in bad light. At least I recommend fergie to you.

I didn't see neco... didnt supervise it as an ajuwaya... hmm missing those sweet days

5 Likes

Re: Ondo Election: Akeredolu Vs Jegede Vs Agboola -Mock Poll Results By Eagle Badger by garfield1: 11:41am On Oct 07, 2020
SilverNorGold:

My brother, this is not rocket science. But I still have my reservations about that poll.. Anyway, na Saturday

I dont want to bother much about that poll like that of edo but I see a victory for aketi because of ajayi and ilaje

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ondo Election: Akeredolu Vs Jegede Vs Agboola -Mock Poll Results By Eagle Badger by fergie001: 11:42am On Oct 07, 2020
Leave mock polls oooooo.. "real" poll matters.
Re: Ondo Election: Akeredolu Vs Jegede Vs Agboola -Mock Poll Results By Eagle Badger by garfield1: 11:44am On Oct 07, 2020
slivertongue:

hmmm... keep your thoughts on the discourse, you start a thread and up undoing it with worthless comments, same thing on any thread you invade. Nairaland is read in other climes stop portraying yourself in bad light. At least I recommend fergie to you.

I didn't see neco... didnt supervise it as an ajuwaya... hmm missing those sweet days

You started the banters and Vitriols.I only asked a question,a simple answer would have ended everything.even though I like apc,there are some good leaders in pdp I admire.I detest pdp but you hardly see me attacking them needlessly
Re: Ondo Election: Akeredolu Vs Jegede Vs Agboola -Mock Poll Results By Eagle Badger by garfield1: 11:44am On Oct 07, 2020
fergie001:
Leave mock polls oooooo.. "real" poll matters.

Mock polls pointed to obaseki winning oh.

3 Likes

Re: Ondo Election: Akeredolu Vs Jegede Vs Agboola -Mock Poll Results By Eagle Badger by Nobody: 11:46am On Oct 07, 2020
garfield1:

I dont want to bother much about that poll like that of edo but I see a victory for aketi because of ajayi and ilaje

Aketi has done well, for sure. Even some PDP supporters are supporting him. He'll be rewarded by the electorate. I don't even see this election as a competition. To me, the winner is obvious. Aketi's victory is a foregone conclusion.

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

President Buhari Is Working From Home, Renovations Ongoing At President’s Office / A View From The Cockpit Of A Nigerian Air Force Jet (Video) / Abia Governorship Election Result Stalemated

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.